These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So who's watching football right now?

First post
Author
Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2014-06-15 14:07:45 UTC
Large amounts of drinking here. Japan vs Cote d'ivore 1:2

Everyone here hoping for victory vs greece on thurs.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Brae Haen
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2014-06-16 14:24:19 UTC
Is there an In-Game Chat Channel this year?
Derp Durrr
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2014-06-16 14:27:59 UTC
Brae Haen wrote:

Good idea. havent seen it yet.

Founder of the soon-to-be Legendary Tournament series -=DESTRUCTION DERPY=- Are you up for the challenge? Join our ingame channel Destruction Derpy today!

Brae Haen
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2014-06-16 16:06:20 UTC
Derp Durrr wrote:
Brae Haen wrote:

Good idea. havent seen it yet.

Just created channel WorldCup_2014. Hop in invite your friends. I'll be popping in and out today.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#25 - 2014-06-16 17:59:27 UTC
HA! Thank you Germany!
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#26 - 2014-06-16 18:12:31 UTC
Got the games on continuously during weekends and evenings after work. I made some decent isk betting on the favorites in Eve Bet. But lost all the profits due to Cote d'Ivoire beating Japan. That's the danger of betting on a team you're rooting for-- you might bet on irrational hope, rather than the real odds.
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#27 - 2014-06-16 19:59:53 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
HA! Thank you Germany!

You're welcome Cool

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Lido Seahawk
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2014-06-16 20:52:30 UTC
I hope all you soccer fans out there are getting enough sleep!

May I have your stuff?

Dukun
MSPS
#29 - 2014-06-16 21:15:20 UTC
Lido Seahawk wrote:
I hope all you soccer fans out there are getting enough sleep!

What a poor dude.
Kayagainen Iwalula
Doomheim
#30 - 2014-06-16 23:01:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Kayagainen Iwalula
Damn, Clint Dempsey is putting his work in. Shame about Altidore and his hamstring, hopefully US can keep it up.

I wonder if people are going to get on the fact that Landon Donovan isn't on Team US this year if they manage to lose.

Portugal from earlier today though... sigh. Well deserved red card on Pepe.
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2014-06-17 02:59:36 UTC
USA vs. Ghana 2-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Brae Haen
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2014-06-17 05:18:43 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was with the American Outlaws watching the game. Once that second goal went through the place exploded. Also I won tons of ISK on Eve-Bet.
Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2014-06-17 06:15:23 UTC
Brae Haen wrote:
Sibyyl wrote:

I was with the American Outlaws watching the game. Once that second goal went through the place exploded. Also I won tons of ISK on Eve-Bet.

World cup gambling with isk???

Why am i not in on this. Shocked

Half my office are pulling the late shift tomorrow since then they wont have to come into work on thursday until noon.

I have a suspicion football is involved. Blink

Also our staff doctor (who is a massive football fan) is off sick. Should doctors be allowed to write their own sick notes? Straight Apparently he's suffering from anxiety which shall be magically cured once japan either win the world cup or are eliminated.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2014-06-17 06:16:53 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Got the games on continuously during weekends and evenings after work. I made some decent isk betting on the favorites in Eve Bet. But lost all the profits due to Cote d'Ivoire beating Japan. That's the danger of betting on a team you're rooting for-- you might bet on irrational hope, rather than the real odds.

Tbh it being 1:0 at half time then CIR came back.

Im looking forwards to japan greece. Greece is a very defensive side, and this years japan side is attack dominated. Going to be interesting.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#35 - 2014-06-17 17:28:24 UTC
Graygor wrote:
Brae Haen wrote:
Sibyyl wrote:

World cup gambling with isk???

Why am i not in on this. Shocked

Half my office are pulling the late shift tomorrow since then they wont have to come into work on thursday until noon.

I have a suspicion football is involved. Blink

Also our staff doctor (who is a massive football fan) is off sick. Should doctors be allowed to write their own sick notes? Straight Apparently he's suffering from anxiety which shall be magically cured once japan either win the world cup or are eliminated.

Ha ha! Gray, just in case you need it,the Japanese term for playing hooky/skiving is zuru yasumi ("sly/deceptive day off").
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#36 - 2014-06-18 16:08:38 UTC
Brasil vs. Mexico a draw? What happened? Come on Brasil, I had a lot of isk riding on you on that match! Cry
Derp Durrr
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2014-06-18 17:45:08 UTC
Damn. GF Australia... GF!

Founder of the soon-to-be Legendary Tournament series -=DESTRUCTION DERPY=- Are you up for the challenge? Join our ingame channel Destruction Derpy today!

Kayagainen Iwalula
Doomheim
#38 - 2014-06-18 19:58:17 UTC
VERY impressed with Chile right now. Spain looks to be going the way of France from the last World Cup.

Also a very good game by Australia, they didn't win unfortunately but they gave it their all against the orange juggernaut that is Holland.
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#39 - 2014-06-18 21:07:44 UTC
Chile - Energetic and hungry for victory.

Spain - Flaccid and impotent.

Chile deserved the move forward. This Spain has no place in the top 16.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#40 - 2014-06-19 03:56:48 UTC
So long Spain. Tonight we find out if England will followUgh