These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dude CCP really?....... really? A garmur thread.

Author
CraftyCroc
Ehefkae
#81 - 2014-06-17 13:07:52 UTC
DHB - I'm with Apple's on this one. The ship, as a solo frig boat is fantastic but scales terribly when fighting multiple targets. The success you have with it is mainly in part due to your own piloting skill and not the ship being over powered. Links, implants etc all multiply the effect a decent pilot has in a given situation - others are flying this ship with a similar setup to you - they are dying more regularly.
Maeltstome
Academy of the Unseen Arts
#82 - 2014-08-14 08:50:17 UTC
Justin Cody wrote:
Voyager Arran wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
I'm not able to pick out how the garmur is OP. All these people waffling on about the missiles applying perfect damage I ask to you *how*? Do you know how missiles work at all? Even rockets can be speed tanked.

You ever notice how Crows are ******* everywhere but nobody flies Raptors?

because raptors are the scram ceptor...being the dps version. They try too hard to be assault frigates with extra warp speed...and frankly not enough dps to justify it.

Also maledictions are everywhere. Not quite as uniquitous is the Ares and the Stiletto is used similarly to the crow. You will notice a similar lack of use of the Crusader, Claw and Taranis. They all have to get in close to be useful and that is primarily where interceptors die (in web range).

The trouble comes in the form of roles. That is when they were re-balancing the interceptor class they couldn't have those ships overshadow assault frigates. So of course they lack the ability to tank and gank in the same manner. Interceptors are flimsy for the most part. They have enough hit points to sustain limited fire. So of course the issue with the DPS versions is that they *try* to be assault frigates but honestly aren't.

What to do? Well honestly nothing at this point. It is more a question of sucking it up. The DPS ones have their use, thought he crusader has no more effective tank than the more balanced slot layout of the malediction...it can kick out around 250 dps with conflagration crystals. I'm not saying you don't pay for it...but it is close to the taranis in effectiveness.

The raptor does OK dps...but is unfairly saddled with an un-bonused missile launcher. It can get decent ehp...6-8K or so depending on links and rig combinations. It isn't stellar and the new ship model doesn't ACTUALLY make it better. It just looks better now.

AF's will always have more bonused high slots, plus ceptors lose a bonus because they have the sig radius reducion, which should be changed or bake in.

The real reason the 'sader isn't used is because it's just a really bad IN-Slicer. If they changed the ship to: 3/3/4 with the 10% cap use and 5% damage changed to 7.5% damage and 5% ROF - people might use it more since it's unique. Right now it's not.

I'd also fly it more if they put the go-faster-red-flaps back onto it. Crusader was sexy before the graphics revamp... now it looks like a lump of brass.
Igor Nappi
Doomheim
#83 - 2014-08-14 11:17:55 UTC
Yes, both links and light missiles are OP. This shouldn't really be a surprise to anybody at this point.

Furthermore, I think that links must be removed from the game.

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#84 - 2014-08-14 15:56:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Kagura Nikon
Dato Koppla wrote:
Maybe nerf booster alts? I'm sure the tank on it is paper thin and Interceptors/Fast T1/Faction frigs will be able to scram it and kill it if you don't have the massive booster alt advantage on them.

Nonsense.. then the interceptors will not have the boost on them as well.

Poeple need to stop putting all the guint on links. EVERY signle ship fighting in eve has links. If you do nto have is because you decided you were already in massive advantage.. or you are being ganked.

This has NOTHING to do with either missiles or links. The ship itself is a monster. Its more agile than anything with remotely the same power. IT is more powerful than anything remotely as fast and all that while having a long point.

The problem resides in very small mass high speed and long point combined.

It can still defeat any interceptors with scram range bonus and the oens without scram range bonus it will simply scram them from outside their effective range and then kill them.

this has ZERO correlation with links. The ship itself is overpowered.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2014-08-14 16:00:38 UTC
CraftyCroc wrote:
DHB - I'm with Apple's on this one. The ship, as a solo frig boat is fantastic but scales terribly when fighting multiple targets. The success you have with it is mainly in part due to your own piloting skill and not the ship being over powered. Links, implants etc all multiply the effect a decent pilot has in a given situation - others are flying this ship with a similar setup to you - they are dying more regularly.

There are idiots dieign in every ship in game.. That will never make the ships less overpowered. We have members with 40+ kills in bellicoses.. does that makethe bellicose overpowered?

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

SkyFlyer
The Last Hope
#86 - 2014-08-23 11:25:26 UTC
Am just gonna leave this here
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#87 - 2014-08-23 11:49:50 UTC
SkyFlyer wrote:

Quote:
No kill id specified.

i get this when i try to link from ours as well, godame it im curious now though!
Mizhir
Escalated.
Project Gungnir.
#88 - 2014-08-23 12:13:39 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
SkyFlyer wrote:

Quote:
No kill id specified.

i get this when i try to link from ours as well, godame it im curious now though!

Remove the "amp;" from the URL.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Nick Starkey
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2014-08-23 12:26:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Nick Starkey
My only thought when I first saw these new ships:

http://s2.postimg.org/seczg820p/gamurhue.jpg

It's the ultimate "solo" pwnzor ship, but other than small gangs with that extended point range, though honestly it's not a very useful ship when you have interceptors available for 1/10 the price and bubble immunity and sig bloom reduction.

I've made a signature. I hope you're enjoying it. www.evetrademaster.com - web based asset manager & profit tracker

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#90 - 2014-08-23 13:05:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
Mizhir wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
SkyFlyer wrote:

Quote:
No kill id specified.

Remove the "amp;" from the URL.

nice, actually i have one aswell....granted, nowhere near as nice as skys im wildly inept thoughBig smile

i forced another one off in his hull while in an ishkur before that aswell (drones are your friend)