These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

With Farmers Gone From FW...

Author
Black Panpher
CastleKickers
Rote Kapelle
#41 - 2014-06-10 22:30:55 UTC
Best tears.
Rinai Vero
Blades of Liberty
#42 - 2014-06-11 01:13:40 UTC
This thread delivers.
Niden
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2014-06-11 10:11:58 UTC
Just found this. Wow. Exquisite tears, some of the best I've seen, FW farmer bouquet with a bitter aftertaste. Carry on, cry me a river.

CBA to write the needed response, it's been done a million times before. Tl;dr: remove head from rectum, kthxbai.

/N
revition
Disasterpiece LTD
Pandemic Horde
#44 - 2014-07-06 15:34:58 UTC
Dude is mad because he can't sell his isk online anymore probably.
infra52x
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2014-07-06 18:55:44 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
anything that gets juls **** hard is fine by me.

Wipe your chin off son, you have a little juls juice running down it.... Jeeze
Valleria Darkmoon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#46 - 2014-07-07 05:18:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Valleria Darkmoon
Adobe Raide wrote:
Fine, we'll find something else to do in the game or another game to occupy our time. We won't be plexing much. I guess the pirates/neuts can jump into the plexes and face off against each other for no LP because, you know, they're bold and they're just looking for a good fight... they're not afraid of an equal match at all.

ISK / LP for empire factions being down around 1k, is this good? Granted level 5 missions account for some of this drop off as well but FW counts for a lot.

To date my play a little bit when I first started playing EVE Minmatar faction LP stores could expect ~3-4k ISK / LP which was pre-FW. Fast forward several years and farmers have decimated the profit margin of the items they sell by nearly 75% and it's not as if the rats added into FW plexes are difficult to defeat or tank, unless of course you are rocking 2-3 stabs and a cloak instead of guns, tank and damage mods.......

You say no one will fight you in your combat ship also, so the solution to your problem seems to solve itself. By the way I might, and in fact do, have 95M SP but when I come into your novice plex there is vast swathes of those SP that contribute absolutely nothing for me in this fight. Once your core skills are done increased SP means increased options not increased effectiveness. The SP excuse is weak for that reason and if you're not done your core skills then participate in mass tests on the test server whenever the opportunity arises. CCP gives you SP to assign your character for your contribution.

For most true farmers though this used to be a non-issue as they were created fresh off the biomass queue in order to be ready for their job inside of an hour or two and get no more SP than that because they are alts who can not have significant training time wasted on them. These are exactly the kinds of players these changes were designed to send packing, those whose earning potential vastly exceeds the SP limitations of a legitimate brand new player but at the same time these plexes would be doable in a short time frame if you were actually interested in building the character up.

Seriously though, who puts so much effort into protecting their "investments" into T1 frigates. They're not even real ships, by which I mean they are so cheap that my drones and ammo on some other ships sometimes costs more than an entire combat ready T1 frigate. T1 frigates are not investments they are fireworks.

Reality has an almost infinite capacity to resist oversimplification.

Christopher Mabata
Northern Accounts and Systems
#47 - 2014-07-07 12:51:15 UTC
I have alts in 3/4 of the FW militias ( CALDARI LP kinda sucks so im leaving it for now ) and they do alot of farming for passive isk, in frigs with a full PVP fit, sometimes i do a site in an unfited frig but never with stabs. Besides more LP means more goods on the market for the ones who PVP so i see no harm what so ever with farming other than it annoys people to not catch them.

Also if farmers keep getting away with stabs, get a hic, nothing escapes the 30km infi point because of stabs.

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Lugia3
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2014-07-07 13:51:46 UTC
People try to kill them, but they can't because the farmers cloak or warp away using their 4 warp stabs when you land on grid.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

SeaSaw
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2014-07-07 19:23:33 UTC
Good Sirs;

"I never saw a farmer upgrade an iHub."

I never bothered to learn what this means. I clicked around on my interface a few times wondering what I do with LP. Do I have
to be in a station for this to work? Is there an NPC I have to talk to?

I assume it alters the tier in some way. Why would I want to do this?

I am guessing all the complaints about systems changeing hands or not changing hands has something to do with farmers
not doing something to upgrade the IHub? Is that true,and why would I want to do it?

I can still farm with a 3 stabbed t1 rifter (I have the 50million skills).

yours humble servent
SeaSaw
Douglas Nolm
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2014-07-07 19:36:40 UTC
Can't speak for the Gal/Cal warzone, but the Amarr alliances are pushing hard and taking systems that were previously held by minmatar since the farmers switched to our side. Always hurts losing systems, but you have to respect the Amarr for the work they're putting in.
This is exactly what I said would happen btw, systems now get flipped as a result of sustained and organised operations, instead of randomly because because the farmers pushed a system vulnerable in their neverending quest for isk. Plenty of fights happening around the warzone now too.
evomad2
The Straw Men
#51 - 2014-07-07 22:30:20 UTC
TL;DR - I disagree with pvp within a framework specifically designed to induce lowsec pvp. Shocked

Also

Adobe Raide wrote:
With cloaking gone the only defense now is in fleeting up.

is my favourite forum quote ever. Its pure win on so many levels. Big smile
Mra Rednu
Oyonata Gate Defence Force.
#52 - 2014-07-08 15:01:39 UTC
Adobe Raide wrote:

It's like CCP wrapped a turd in a bow, handed it to me and all the newer FW players (aka "farmers") and said "FU".

Fine, we'll find something else to do in the game or another game to occupy our time. We won't be plexing much. I guess the pirates/neuts can jump into the plexes and face off against each other for no LP because, you know, they're bold and they're just looking for a good fight... they're not afraid of an equal match at all.

No, CCP wrapped FW up with a bow and handed it to the turds with cloaks and stabs swapping sides at will, we used to FW for zero rewards back in the day and life was good.
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#53 - 2014-07-08 15:40:52 UTC
We Are Farmers.
Bum Budum Bum Bum Bum Bum.

Yaay!!!!

Thorr VonAsgard
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2014-07-09 07:59:50 UTC
Made me think about that : http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OcVieTOjWgQ/UVxgZQ562hI/AAAAAAAARKU/roXgdG4Yvns/s400/ScottTenormanMustDie30+%25281%2529.jpg

You miss blink ? Come and play with us at EVE-Lotteries.com !

Envie de fraicheur ? Frugu, le forum fruité est fait pour toi !

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#55 - 2014-07-11 12:47:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Inxentas Ultramar
Trinkets friend wrote:
He is right though. Pirates are pussies most of the time.

I'll take it as a compliment. Pirate Knowing when to run increases your survival rate. You can't really fault these guys when they decide to bail from a grid that's about to be filled with hostiles in league with their mark. Live to fight another day and all that. After all, pirates are into killing for profit, not into losing their ships "for the lulz".
Talvorian Dex
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#56 - 2014-07-11 20:33:44 UTC
Faction WARFARE.

I'm truly sorry you lost your newbie isk fountain.

Honest injun.

Writer of Target Caller, an Eve Online PvP blog, at http://targetcaller.blogspot.com

Samuel Triptee
Frankenstuff
#57 - 2014-07-14 18:29:44 UTC
My thanks to the OP... he has most clearly defined a farmer.

Have You Hugged Your Frigate Today?

Darth Terona
Horde Vanguard.
Pandemic Horde
#58 - 2014-07-14 20:26:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Darth Terona
As a pirate that primarily hunts gal/cal fw space, I resent your remark and challenge you to a duel on equal footing

Message me in game and I'll take you on
Demerius Xenocratus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2014-07-15 05:08:19 UTC
Farming plexes is my primary source of LP right now and I've had no problems running mediums in a slicer w/ conflag equipped or a blaster comet.

Only time I die is when I get bored and decide to take a fight with something I shouldn't (which happens alot). If you actually need warp stabs to avoid getting caught by anything short of an instalocking gate camp, you might aswell find another game. D-scan + accel gates gives you at least a 15 second warning on any incoming enemies and any frigate can easily be long gone by the time they land inside.
Rahelis
Doomheim
#60 - 2014-07-15 06:52:55 UTC
So good those farmers go back to high sec.

No coincidence the huola push started right after the patch that denied farmers free LP/isk (oc including some planning and logistic time).

FW is getting better every day!

Choose your side and join the fight!!!!!