These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Can't Seem to PVP

Author
Cephelange du'Krevviq
Gildinous Vangaurd
The Initiative.
#21 - 2014-06-06 08:59:33 UTC
If memory serves, I've seen a Hawk fit that had three Medium Ancillary Shield Boosters. Yep, you read that correctly.

I don't recall the exact fit, but this is what I whipped up on EFT.

[Hawk, TripMASB]
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II
Co-Processor II

Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 50
Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I

'Arbalest' Rocket Launcher I, Caldari Navy Scourge Rocket
[empty high slot]

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Core Defense Field Extender II

Yes, I'm aware it gives up a web.

EHP is 5044
Can tank 172 DPS (omni) with one MASB running. (217 with heat.)

"I am a leaf on the...ah, frak it!"

Deerin
East Trading Co Ltd
#22 - 2014-06-06 09:32:20 UTC
Ravay Kanjus wrote:
People talk about "oh man low and null sec pvp has tons of ISK"

This is the part where you are wrong about most.

For two ships I suggest flying same ships, one with a mean tank one with crazy dps. Lure your opponents to fire on the tankier one, while dealing damage with the other. One tanky one ganky incursus maybe.
Catalytic morphisis
Deep Space Coalition
Fraternity.
#23 - 2014-06-06 10:43:48 UTC
2x Thorax is always good, One tanky as **** one glass cannon, can cause a lot of mayhem with them 2!

Actual Link free and scout free solo PvP'er

Ravay Kanjus
Infinity Blue
#24 - 2014-06-07 10:01:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Ravay Kanjus
So what are links?

Edit: Oh, warfare modules from a fleet friend in system? Yeah not sure if he's got a Proteus or Tengu friend in system or not. (But I know very little about warfare modules.)
Cephelange du'Krevviq
Gildinous Vangaurd
The Initiative.
#25 - 2014-06-07 10:17:52 UTC
Ravay Kanjus wrote:
So what are links?

Edit: Oh, warfare modules from a fleet friend in system? Yeah not sure if he's got a Proteus or Tengu friend in system or not. (But I know very little about warfare modules.)

There are BC, Command Ship and Tech III (Strategic Cruiser) set-ups that allow the operation of gang assist modules in High Power slot locations that enhance some aspect of the fleet's capabilities.

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Item_Database:Ships:Command_Ships

Examples include:
Agility
Shield Resistances
Shield Repper duration/cycle reduction
Propulsion Jamming and Stasis Webifier range increase

Unless they fit a Medium Power module called a Command Processor, Tech I BC hulls can only operate 1 such booster, or "link" at a time.
Command Ships can operate more than that, as can Tech III hulls with the appropriate subsystem installed.

"I am a leaf on the...ah, frak it!"

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#26 - 2014-06-27 18:52:52 UTC
I found out I got better (or rather, somewhat decent Blink) at PVP by recording my own fights and checking the Logs and Notifications after a fight. That way you can work out what happened in what order and, for instance, what weapon was wtfpwning you so hard. This information is great to get a sense of your 'engagement envelope' and what ships to avoid. Keep it T1 and cheap for now, and try many different strategies. You are going to die tons of times and you will be punished for every mistake, but it will be easy to work out where you went wrong. Practice makes perfect.
Baron' Soontir Fel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#27 - 2014-06-28 19:46:56 UTC
I tried having a farmer alt. I could have just plexed with my main and made more money.
Christopher Mabata
Northern Accounts and Systems
#28 - 2014-07-07 12:41:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Christopher Mabata
Some gangs in low sec use links, and the wealthier pilots will have nice implants 9/10. A hawk with even mid grade Crystals* is a tanky bugger. As for her ship getting reduced to scrap, it could be that people are drilling the resistance hole. or an improper fit, or gate/station guns.

Also there is money in lowsec PVP ive made 1.6b this week playing semi on and off between ransoming blockade runners and other indy ships, killing ships and looting them. And occasiopnally clearing the belts of rats when its dead. FW is also great low sec PVP ISK if your not into piracy or outlaw activity.

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Previous page12