These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Getting Free Gank Kills Courtesy The CODE. Alliance

Author
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#61 - 2014-06-16 00:40:12 UTC
DrysonBennington wrote:
Deny CODE by destroying the loot can and then warping off.

The final method of denying CODE entirely is too destroy their loot can once the target has been destroyed. CODE , especially James315, the high and holiest of the emanated in High Sector hates being denied.

Deny his followers their loot and you deny James315 his very soul.

This is probably your best idea so far. I however, usually don't bother looting either because I forget, my hauler is out of system, or I'm feeling lazy and don't bother logging him in.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Milan Nantucket
Doomheim
#62 - 2014-06-16 16:44:57 UTC
Personally I think too much time and effort went into thinking how to avoid or scavenge a killmail for this griefing group.

If CODE bothers you that much you can come up with your own fake religion and run basilisk support at gates and belts.
Voyager Arran
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#63 - 2014-06-16 19:34:04 UTC
DrysonBennington wrote:
Local Bulk Freighter - Armed Freighter for small cargo runs of 1 to 15 systems.

This build involves using a Typhoon class Battleship as the class hull.

Rig Slots - Large Cargohold Optimization Rigs - x3

Mid Slots - Large F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction - x2
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I - x2
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor - x1

Low Slots - DCU II x 1
Large Armor Repairer II - x1

Armor Modules Only
Reinforced Steel Plates II - x 5

Armor Modules + Cargo Expanders
Reinforced Steel Plates II - x 2
Cargohold Expander Modules II - x 3

Cargo Expanders Only
Cargohold Expander Modules II - x 5

High Slots - Arbalest Rapid Fire Heavy Missile Launcher - x 6 ( cruisers)
or
Prototype Arbalest Rapid Light Missile Launcher - x 6 (destroyers)
Use faction Explosive missiles.

Drones - x 10 Valkyrie II ( Explosive damage)

This ship build will help conceal your cargo hauling efforts as well as provide some defense against raiding CODE. ships.

To go beyond the fact that you are telling people to fly around in a dual-tanked cargo-rigged Typhoon, the fit you have come up with is so laughably terrible that it has substantially less EHP than an ordinary freighter and can active-tank the incoming damage of about 1/4th of a single Catalyst.
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#64 - 2014-06-16 20:08:16 UTC
Voyager Arran wrote:

To go beyond the fact that you are telling people to fly around in a dual-tanked cargo-rigged Typhoon, the fit you have come up with is so laughably terrible that it has substantially less EHP than an ordinary freighter and can active-tank the incoming damage of about 1/4th of a single Catalyst.

Shhh. Don't tell him! I want to see these out in space!

Rabble Rabble Rabble

DrysonBennington
Eagle's Talon's
#65 - 2014-06-16 21:57:04 UTC
Remote Repairing the targeted ship.

Once you have discovered which ship CODE has decided to attack based on watching the Macherial Bump ship bump it away from the sentry guns so they don't insta-aggro the Catalysts target the ship and orbit it at 40 km once the bumping has ceased.

Augoror Remote Amor Repair Ship

High Slots

x 4 Medium Remote Armor Repairer II

x 1 Medium 'Regard' Remote Capacitor Transmitter ( when several Augoror are used in link you can transfer capacitor to each ship thus creating an infinite supply of capacitor)

Mid Slots

Medium Capacitor Booster II
- Cap Booster 800 loaded
14 in the cargo hold

x 2 Drone Navigation Computers

Low Slots

x 3 Beta Reactor Control: Capacitor Flux 1
x 1 DCU II
x 1 EALM II

Rig Slots

x 1 Medium Remote Repair Augmentor I
x 2 Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Drones

x 4 Light Armor Maintenance Drones

With enough of these Remote Repair Ships in a fleet you should be able to repair the target long enough to keep it alive while Concord deals with CODE.

DrysonBennington
Eagle's Talon's
#66 - 2014-06-16 22:00:11 UTC
Why is CODE even dealing with the small fish at the gates and in the belts?

There are hundreds of billions of ISK in the Incursion Sites, all those pretty Faction and High End ships.

What's wrong CODE?

Does Sansha scare you that much?

Small time gankers....gotta laugh at them...they really put their hearts into it but can never climax to the next level.
Voyager Arran
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#67 - 2014-06-16 22:57:46 UTC
Seriously, what the hell are these fits? Why do you need drone navigation computers on an Augoror of all ******* things? Why do you have a cap chain and cap injectors? Did you even read the description of the rigs you put on it?

For ****'s sake Dryson, enough with the terrible, terrible armchair posting. The next time you have an idea, actually go do it yourself and talk about results instead of vomiting stuff directly from your head to the forums.
DrysonBennington
Eagle's Talon's
#68 - 2014-06-16 23:57:39 UTC
Carebear Pirate Tears?

Here's my I Give - A - *$^& Hanky.

It comes in all colors of orange and red.
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#69 - 2014-06-17 00:15:34 UTC
DrysonBennington wrote:
Why is CODE even dealing with the small fish at the gates and in the belts?

There are hundreds of billions of ISK in the Incursion Sites, all those pretty Faction and High End ships.

What's wrong CODE?

Does Sansha scare you that much?

Small time gankers....gotta laugh at them...they really put their hearts into it but can never climax to the next level.

Incursion runners don't violate the CODE. Have you even read the CODE? We don't just gank anyone anywhere, we gank CODE violators. If we were to catch incursion runners autopiloting you can be sure we would gank them (it's been done, but not often).

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#70 - 2014-06-17 00:35:25 UTC
DrysonBennington wrote:
Carebear Pirate Tears?

Here's my I Give - A - *$^& Hanky.

It comes in all colors of orange and red.

The only tears here are from laughter at that auguror fit. Seriously, drop the cap booster, if you're using a cap chain you don't need it, and if you aren't, then the cap transfer is a waste, and you'll cap out long before the gank is over.

Also, as mentioned, did you even look at the rigs? One of the three rigs is actually helping you, the other two are wasted. Replace them with trimarks. Nano pumps only affect local reps, not remote reps.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Carry On Friend
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#71 - 2014-06-17 04:16:35 UTC
DrysonBennington wrote:
Deny CODE by destroying the loot can and then warping off.

The final method of denying CODE entirely is too destroy their loot can once the target has been destroyed. CODE , especially James315, the high and holiest of the emanated in High Sector hates being denied.

Deny his followers their loot and you deny James315 his very soul.

Please do this make sure you use your drones on our loot, make sure your safety is set to red first though....
Luwc
State War Academy
Caldari State
#72 - 2014-06-17 06:11:57 UTC
4/10 in tears and butthurt
9/10 in delusional
1/10 in content

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif

Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#73 - 2014-06-17 12:16:10 UTC
OOORRR, just neutral rep the target and watch them all die in local projectile vomiting flames.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#74 - 2014-06-17 15:43:06 UTC
Ya know, you can actually fit a Exequor for remote repping that is cap stable. Exeqs are for solo, Augs require partners.
Voyager Arran
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#75 - 2014-06-17 18:03:10 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
Ya know, you can actually fit a Exequor for remote repping that is cap stable. Exeqs are for solo, Augs require partners.

For gank-repping, you don't need to be long term cap stable; you just need to poop out as many reps as possible for the 20 seconds or so that the gank lasts, so something like a 5-rep Augoror running off lots of cap injection would actually be a good idea. You just won't be able to fit much of a tank on it without buying expensive rigs, so keep moving to avoid ending up a target yourself.

Of course, even a max-skilled T2 fit 5-rep Augoror overheating everything on a Providence with maximum skills and lows full of ANPs is still only counteracting like two Catalysts worth of damage.

If you want a laugh, go look up Dryson on EVE-Kill. This month is a page of whoring on Concord killmails (which he appears to be mightily smug about) while also managing to lose a Thorax and a 100 mil pod to CODE in the process.
DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#76 - 2014-06-18 08:48:03 UTC
Voyager Arran wrote:

If you want a laugh, go look up Dryson on EVE-Kill. This month is a page of whoring on Concord killmails (which he appears to be mightily smug about) while also managing to lose a Thorax and a 100 mil pod to CODE in the process.

He's just generally awful at EVE.

And you can't convince this type that anyone who has any experience with PVP looks at CONCORD killmails with some random dude doing 0-5% damage on them does not just sadly shake their heads.

But, I look at the "dryson" type as a bit of a win. Just think about it, following us around and failing to prevent ganks and leeching on CONCORD kills is probably his first experience with any type of emergent gameplay, and without us he would just be sitting AFK somewhere in a untanked mining barge pressing F1 once every hour or so.

:)
Chenguang Hucel-Ge
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2014-06-18 11:09:28 UTC
Dryson, as I said before, there is "anti-ganking" channel in-game that have some fits that actually work.
They include:
Fast ECMs, including ECM bombers (Allowing to sit cloaky) , yet "strike" in time
Burst repper osprey.
ECM barges (procurer and skiff).

While I admit your efforts, they go in wrong dirrection. You are ignorant about fact that the guys you are saving won't cooperate with you in saving themselves. If they are tanked, good, but most of the time they won't.

What comes to your "local bulk freighter", it's a pure joke. You can fit a magnate for 1610 m3 cargo with 4s allign + some shield tank or 989m3 with 3s allign. Either way, your price will be lower than 3m isk, while being very hard to catch without insta-fits, practically unscannable (Scanners need to complete their cycle, which will never happen) and fast so you less likely die from boredom on that 15 jump route.
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#78 - 2014-06-18 15:00:35 UTC
Voyager Arran wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:

For gank-repping, you don't need to be long term cap stable; you just need to poop out as many reps as possible for the 20 seconds or so that the gank lasts, so something like a 5-rep Augoror running off lots of cap injection would actually be a good idea. You just won't be able to fit much of a tank on it without buying expensive rigs, so keep moving to avoid ending up a target yourself.

Of course, even a max-skilled T2 fit 5-rep Augoror overheating everything on a Providence with maximum skills and lows full of ANPs is still only counteracting like two Catalysts worth of damage.

Yeah, but even so the reps from the Aug will be fail if the resists on the target are low.
Paynus Maiassus
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#79 - 2014-06-18 16:31:17 UTC
DrysonBennington wrote:
The end of CODE has finally come to an end.

The Scissors Attack Technique

Wherever CODE may be ganking the end result will the beginning of a new era.

The final tactic against CODE.

Since CODE draws the attack of CONCORD within twenty seconds after their attack and usually by then the target has been destroyed Anti-CODE members are going to be using a similar tactic.

First create two alts from your primary.

The alts only need to be basically trained and their Rookie skills will suffice.

Next set the CODE Alliance to - red to your corporation or - red to you. Block them all in the local chat channel so you are not saturated with their filth.

Next find the Macherial or other ship that is bumping the Freighter, Orca, Elite Class Ship and mark it as - orange.

Whenever you see the CODE Bumper ship stop bumping give a count of twenty seconds and fire at the bumper ship with alt one.

This will draw CONCORD to the exact location where the target is located. You will lose security status and a rookie ship in the process but getting the auto-pilots through the gates is more important.

Once CONCORD arrives and destroys your ship the aggression countdown begins. Five minutes after CONCORD arrives attack either the Bumping ship or the target with the second alt to draw a fresh group of CONCORD to the scene.

Continue to employ this tactic for as long as the targeted ship remains on auto-pilot. If CODE decides to arrive and do any ganking then CONCORD will already be on the scene and CODE will not be able to gank their prize.

....The main thing to remember is that CODE hates being denied.....Just one ship will be enough to deny their whole alliance they ISK they want but are too lazy to go out and earn.

.....Oh by the way Cannibal Kane....I expect your toon to have its head shaven...all of that pretty hair being worn as a prize inside of my pod for all times.

Now go into low sector and PVP like real fighters....nothing but sissies with long hair......By CODE.

Has anyone tried this? Does it work?
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#80 - 2014-06-18 17:57:49 UTC
Paynus Maiassus wrote:

Has anyone tried this? Does it work?

It would bring one set of concorde to the scene before the gank starts. If you do it early enough, they'll kill you, then 'respond' to one of the gankers and kill them. Not the 'one of'. So basically each person doing this will drastically reduce the damage done by ONE of the gankers. If you do it too late, that spawn of concorde will still be responding to your crime when the gank starts, so a full new set of concorde will respond and the set you brought won't really do much, and will make no difference.

Rabble Rabble Rabble