These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Getting Free Gank Kills Courtesy The CODE. Alliance

Author
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#41 - 2014-06-10 21:02:24 UTC
Voyager Arran wrote:
If you see a freighter about to get bumped, suicide web them into warp!

Very legitimate strategy. No sarcasm.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#42 - 2014-06-11 05:37:57 UTC
DrysonBennington wrote:
The end of CODE has finally come to an end.

The Scissors Attack Technique

Oh, Dryson.

One of these days you will grasp basic game mechanics and surprise us all.

From the looks of this, today is not that day. Also, would you like to scissor? <3
Voyager Arran
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2014-06-11 17:01:33 UTC
Tengu Grib wrote:
Voyager Arran wrote:
If you see a freighter about to get bumped, suicide web them into warp!

Very legitimate strategy. No sarcasm.

For best results, use a Daredevil with a Federation Navy Stasis Webifier!
DrysonBennington
Eagle's Talon's
#44 - 2014-06-11 22:01:38 UTC  |  Edited by: DrysonBennington
Smart-Bomb Anti-CODE BS

Another tactic to use against CODE since they also go after Elite Classes of Battleships and Battlecruisers, basically anything that has T2 fits on it is too fit a Battleship with full high slot Smart Bombs and any additional armor plating to keep CODE from taking the BS out. Make certain to fit rigs for smart bomb damage modifications if any are made. Also add some Overdrive TII and a 100MN II to the BS to give it some velocity. The faster the better. Remember this is a Smart Bomb assault BS so the primary areas of concern are the Smart Bombs, armor and velocity.

You might also want to add some cap boosters or cap chargers to keep your capacitor level within a nominal level.

Smart Bomb - 50 / 50 comprised of EM in the first four slots and Exp in the last four slots.

EM if for the shields which have a 0% resistance and the Exp is for the armor which has a 10% resistance. At last check CODE does not use any type of armor or other resistance modules as it would take away from their ability to inflict maximum damage at one time.

Locate the Orca or freighter that is being bumped by the Macherial and begin to orbit the bumped target at 7,000 m turning the MWD on to about half.

Once CODE warps in they will automatically be - Red Dead and may actually decide to attack you first. If they do simply turn on the Smart Bombs starting with the EM first and then the Exp.

If CODE does warp to the bumped target first simply turn the MWD on and begin to take their destroyers out.

The only problem that would arise is that the neutral Macherial will still be present along with the warp to point ship that if struck by the Smart Bombs will provoke Concord to arrive and destroy your ship as well.

Unless you have a second BS and cruiser velocity tanked to their maximum that would be used to bump the Macherial and warp to point away from the bumped target prior to or just as CODE arrives then the above tactic still might work.

Timing is crucial in the tactic above though and it will take a very talented and experienced FC to perform.

This tactic might not work well on the gates but when CODE's warp out of station locations have been discovered and bookmarked you can simply sit a BS in each of the locations and wait for them to arrive.
DJentropy Ovaert
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#45 - 2014-06-12 00:06:48 UTC
DrysonBennington wrote:
Smart-Bomb Anti-CODE BS

This tactic might not work well on the gates but when CODE's warp out of station locations have been discovered and bookmarked you can simply sit a BS in each of the locations and wait for them to arrive.

THIS. DO THIS.

The priceless tears you will spew in local as you lose battleship after battleship due to your inability to grasp basic game mechanics will give CODE much to laugh about as we wait down timers.

DrysonBennington, keep this up and we may promote you to leader of our un-official fanboy club! It's a very serious internet spaceship based business.
Voyager Arran
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2014-06-12 03:09:49 UTC
Dryson, you should probably try out your ideas at least once before you start telling other people to do them.

Especially this one.
loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#47 - 2014-06-14 03:19:09 UTC
Voyager Arran wrote:
Dryson, you should probably try out your ideas at least once before you start telling other people to do them.

Especially this one.

This, Dryson stays docked in system when ever we are present and actively ganking, complaining in local that noone is stopping us, while he himself is docked.
Solecist Project
#48 - 2014-06-14 08:08:12 UTC
Pointless.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Solecist Project
#49 - 2014-06-14 08:09:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
loyalanon wrote:
Voyager Arran wrote:

Especially this one.

This, Dryson stays docked in system when ever we are present and actively ganking, complaining in local that noone is stopping us, while he himself is docked.

And you stay docked too 99% of the time,
except when you undock to play your 20sec easymode game, you wannabe tough guy.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Capt Starfox
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#50 - 2014-06-14 09:02:24 UTC
That 20 seconds sure is fun.

Speaking of "easymode [sic]" I wonder if CCP will be okay with AFK ganking? I mean, If miners can AFK mine, mission runners can AFK mission, ratters can AFK rat, haulers/traders can AFK haul/trade, they'll be cool with it.

Abandon all hope ye who x up in fleet

loyalanon
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#51 - 2014-06-14 11:27:33 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
loyalanon wrote:
Voyager Arran wrote:

Especially this one.

Does it upset you that I use valid game mechanics to play the game?

Any problems with it CCP do allow petitions so that you can share your tears.
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#52 - 2014-06-14 15:16:14 UTC
Capt Starfox wrote:

Speaking of "easymode [sic]" I wonder if CCP will be okay with AFK ganking? I mean, If miners can AFK mine, mission runners can AFK mission, ratters can AFK rat, haulers/traders can AFK haul/trade, they'll be cool with it.

I agree with this. Autopilot features should be able to include queued commands such as "overheat all guns" and "Target X after dropping out of warp" then "Fire all guns."

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#53 - 2014-06-14 18:20:54 UTC
This thread reminds me of an adaptation of Poe's Law.

A sufficiently advanced idiot is indistinguishable from a satirist.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

Chenguang Hucel-Ge
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2014-06-14 19:25:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Chenguang Hucel-Ge
Dryson, you know, there is a channel called "anti-gank" (or was it "anti-ganking"?). In their MOTD they have some fits that actually work. They include ECM fits and burst repair fits that won't make your wallet bleed should suicide ganking on YOU succeed.

Also, you don't get the whole problem with your average "helpless vicitm of CODE/whatever suicide ganker you run across". The problem is that many of them do nothing to prevent suicide ganking.

They don't help their ships via webifying.
They tank their ships poorly.
They are flying with everything that they have on tap..
They are using autopilot in slow and expensive ships.

One more thing:
They are giving gankers a pleasure by swearing in local, asking to make an example in video for SG boot camp next door.
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#55 - 2014-06-14 22:07:29 UTC
loyalanon wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
loyalanon wrote:
Voyager Arran wrote:

Especially this one.

Does it upset you that I use valid game mechanics to play the game?

Any problems with it CCP do allow petitions so that you can share your tears.

What is sad is that he doesn't do his homework and look at your killboard, loyalanon. If he had he would realize you know how the SBing BS really works.
Maxmillian Rokatansky
Doomheim
#56 - 2014-06-15 17:01:15 UTC
Capt Starfox wrote:

I have to give some props to the CODE bros for the recent spike in frieghter ganking, the ease of AFK mining while playing Battlefield is at an all time high. I hope your campaign countinues for a while.
DrysonBennington
Eagle's Talon's
#57 - 2014-06-15 19:35:59 UTC
Deployment of CODE Tracking Beacons

The following CODE. Tracking Beacon will help Barge, Exhumer, Freighter, Industrial and Industrial Command ship pilots know which system CODE. is currently active in, which ships are their favorite targets and which ships CODE. uses in their ganks.

To further assist pilots in avoiding CODE. simply place a Mobile Depot at any gate, belt or station with the following Set Name.

CODE. Tracking Beacon - http://edr.220mm.org/killboard/?a=alliance_detail&all_id=298

DrysonBennington
Eagle's Talon's
#58 - 2014-06-15 20:14:09 UTC  |  Edited by: DrysonBennington
Local Bulk Freighter - Armed Freighter for small cargo runs of 1 to 15 systems.

This build involves using a Typhoon class Battleship as the class hull.

Rig Slots - Large Cargohold Optimization Rigs - x3

Mid Slots - Large F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction - x2
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I - x2
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor - x1

Low Slots - DCU II x 1
Large Armor Repairer II - x1

Armor Modules Only
Reinforced Steel Plates II - x 5

Armor Modules + Cargo Expanders
Reinforced Steel Plates II - x 2
Cargohold Expander Modules II - x 3

Cargo Expanders Only
Cargohold Expander Modules II - x 5

High Slots - Arbalest Rapid Fire Heavy Missile Launcher - x 6 ( cruisers)
or
Prototype Arbalest Rapid Light Missile Launcher - x 6 (destroyers)
Use faction Explosive missiles.

Drones - x 10 Valkyrie II ( Explosive damage)

This ship build will help conceal your cargo hauling efforts as well as provide some defense against raiding CODE. ships.
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#59 - 2014-06-15 20:16:50 UTC
DrysonBennington wrote:
Terrible fits

Please do this. I will enjoy seeing them on your loss board.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

DrysonBennington
Eagle's Talon's
#60 - 2014-06-16 00:30:43 UTC
Deny CODE by destroying the loot can and then warping off.

The final method of denying CODE entirely is too destroy their loot can once the target has been destroyed. CODE , especially James315, the high and holiest of the emanated in High Sector hates being denied.

Deny his followers their loot and you deny James315 his very soul.