These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Mass-test feedback - November 17

First post
Author
Logix42
Taxation Damnation
#41 - 2011-11-17 21:52:03 UTC
  • OS version: Windows 7
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 870
  • GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5830 1GB
  • RAM: 12GB
  • How many clients were you running at the same time? 1
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): medium

• FPS Zoomed out: 15
  • FPS Zoomed in: 4 fps
  • On a scale of 1-10 compare to TQ: 1
  • Any disconnects or crashes? No

• Very laggy and low fps compared to TQ. Normally run TQ with max graphics and get a constant 60 fps. It felt completely unplayable.
    Started with graphics settings maxed and only HDR bloom and anti-aliasing off. When waiting by the first gate but that got pretty crazy so turned settings down to medium
    Lost target lock twice during POS shooting and then multiple times during Fleet fights

Go beyond the edge of space... Explore

Akbhar
    Steam-Powered
    #42 - 2011-11-17 21:57:15 UTC
    Machine Info and Settings

• OS version: Win 7 Professional
    • CPU: i3
    • GPU: Radeon HD 6850
    • RAM: 4GB
    • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): High

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 1-5
    • Average FPS - Zoomed in: none as it immediately crashed 3 times
    • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 1
    • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Yes 3 times when zooming in, 1 more time when i got blown up
    • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.:

ygrichman
    State War Academy
    Caldari State
    #43 - 2011-11-17 21:58:17 UTC
    OS version: Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2Ghz
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
    RAM: 4GB 1333Mhz
    How many clients were you running at the same time? 1
    Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): high

FPS Zoomed out: 15
    FPS Zoomed in: 5
    On a scale of 1-10 compare to TQ: 6
    Any disconnects or crashes? Only on remap which was expected.
    Molianos
    Eternity of the Universe
    Fanatic Legion.
    #44 - 2011-11-17 21:59:45 UTC
    OS version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
    CPU:DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 3000 MHz (9 x 333)
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3870 (RV670) 1gb
    RAM: 4GB
    Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): medium

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 15
    Average FPS - Zoomed in: 6
    On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 6
    Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Yes 1

Syoned
    Center for Minmatar Research
    #45 - 2011-11-17 21:59:57 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
    CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    GPU: GeForce 9600 GT
    RAM: 4096 (3070 used due to 32 bit)
    Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): Medium

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 10-15 fps
    Average FPS - Zoomed in: < 5 fps
    On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) n/A (no experience with this mass fights on TQ)
    Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? 2 crashes, log server showed failed memory allocation of about 900 MB before it crashed itself
    Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.:
    Problems with windows resizing and repositioning after crashes. Station window resizing and repositioning after docking. Those things seem to be fixed on TQ, so please don't bring them back there ;)
    Stacking test worked instantly
    Bracket status was not kept after session change, i.e. hidden brackets were shown again after jumping

Nemiron
    Katsu Corporation
    #46 - 2011-11-17 22:01:04 UTC

• Vista Home Premium 32bit
    • CPU: AMD 7750 Dual-Core 2,7 GHz
    • GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4500
    • RAM: 4GB
    • Were you running more than one EVE client? How many? 1
    • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): performance

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight:
    • Brackets disabled: zoomed out: 12 - Zoomed in: 6
    • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) -
    • Did you experience any disconnects, complete freezes or crashes? No crashes, no disconnects.
    • [*] Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: UI during fight was quite responsive, only a little module lag
    echo1001
    Colonial Industries
    #47 - 2011-11-17 22:02:39 UTC  |  Edited by: echo1001

• OS version: Windows 7 64bit
    • CPU: AMD Athlon 2 x4 (2.8ghz)
    • GPU: 2 GTX 470s in SLI
    • RAM: 8 GB DDR3 @ 1333mhz
    • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): high (with effects disabled)

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 10-15
    • Average FPS - Zoomed in: 5-8
    • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 2
    • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Yes

It took a lot of time for my ui to respond to my commands. In most situations I found that holding down the button until it started cycling/approaching/locking to be the only way to actually do anything. The overview was completely inoperable for me and I had to rely on fleet broadcasts.

I only experienced one crash but that was due to me disabling effects right before the fleet jumped into the next system.
    Svennig
    Caldari Provisions
    Caldari State
    #48 - 2011-11-17 22:10:54 UTC

• OS version: Windows 7 64 Bit
    • CPU: Phenom II x4 3.2
    • GPU: Radeon 6850
    • RAM: 8 Gig
    • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): high, all bells and whistles on.

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: see below
    • Average FPS - Zoomed in: see below
    • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 6-7
    • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? I had to relog once.

• FPS seems very very variable, but much better than the previous mass test. On the gate in X-B waiting to align, I got 30 zoomed out, 20 zoomed in. 59.9 in warp. At the pos shot, 15 zoomed out, 7-8 zoomed in.

Jumping into poitot was laggy as all hell. After taking the titan bridge, the nebulae and stars loaded, but no grid. No ships, no celestials, no nothing. Couldn't move the camera, activate modules, nothing.

FHM
    Doomheim
    #49 - 2011-11-17 22:13:46 UTC

OS version: XP
    CPU: Quad 3.7 i7 Intel
    GPU: ATI 6750 HD Mobile 1 GB DDR5 Dedicated
    RAM: 4GB DDR5
    How many clients were you running at the same time? 4
    Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): low/high

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 25 FPS
    Average FPS - Zoomed in: 10 FPS
    On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 10
    Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? No
    Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Wicked
    Thatihanah
    French Interstellar Enterprise
    #50 - 2011-11-17 22:14:56 UTC
    Hi! If you participated in the mass-test on the 17th November, please reply in this thread to give your feedback, based on following template:

OS version:win 7 ultimate x64
    CPU: intel core i7 2600k 3.4Ghz
    GPU:ATI radeon HD 6950
    RAM:8G
    How many clients were you running at the same time?2
    Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high):both high

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 3 - 5
    Average FPS - Zoomed in: 2 - 3
    [On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG ]this is awesome) i can't compare i'm never engaged in a large fleet fight
    Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? 1 client on 2 make a crash during wait Before the test begin near the station in FD
    Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.:pretty good for my first test. i have some hazardous unlock during the pvp fight and i don't see any sign of e-war on me (no message in center of screen, no logo in overview, no signs in the in-game log) thx for funny time Lol
    Arnesa
    Adelite Group
    #51 - 2011-11-17 22:46:10 UTC

• OS version: Window 7 Professional SP1 x64
    • CPU: Intel Core2 Quad 2.40 GHz
    • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 460
    • RAM: 8 Gb
    • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): 1600x900 (Windowed mode), High (Optimize Settings for Quality), effects disabled

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 1-10
    • Average FPS - Zoomed in: 15-25
    • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 7
    • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? - none beyond system node remap
    • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Some modules was auto-disabling when I undocked at FD, was surprised when I auto-jumped to the next system.
    Drakprime
    IsoTek Industries Limited
    #52 - 2011-11-17 22:46:34 UTC

OS version: Vista Home 64
    CPU: Q6700 [4x2.66]
    GPU: GeForce 9800 GTX+
    RAM: 8Gb
    How many clients were you running at the same time: 1
    Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): low

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out:
    Average FPS - Zoomed in: 4-12
    On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome): 1
    Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? Yes, CTD [exefile.exe stopped responding...] on Jump to X-BV98
    First time in stress test, could have used better guidance, what to do & when. Stacking/inventory task not well explained
    Glad that some voice chat worked (to receive instructions).
    XLoneStarX
    XLostCauseX
    Now You're Gone
    #53 - 2011-11-17 22:54:15 UTC

* OS version: Win 7 64X
    * CPU: 2.65 pentium i5
    * GPU: 1 gb saphrie 5850
    * RAM: 4 gb ddr3
    * How many clients were you running at the same time? 2
    * Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): high, both

User Experience

* Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 15-50
    * Average FPS - Zoomed in: 4-20
    * On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? 6
    * Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? no
    * Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: game play was relitivly normal for me i did not die as in most cases i was not a big first hit target.
    rvil fusk
    Hunters Henchmen
    Now You're Gone
    #54 - 2011-11-17 22:57:13 UTC

* OS version: Win 7 64X
    * CPU: 2.65 pentium i5
    * GPU: 1 gb saphrie 5850
    * RAM: 4 gb ddr3
    * How many clients were you running at the same time? 2
    * Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): high, both

User Experience

* Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 15-50
    * Average FPS - Zoomed in: 4-20
    * On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? 6
    * Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? no
    * Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: Game play was noraml for large man fleet i had less crashes then most tests of this fashion *two thumbs up*
    Josurr
    Navy Angels
    #55 - 2011-11-17 23:06:26 UTC

* OS version: XP SP3
    * CPU: P4, 2.6GHz + P4, 2.6GHz
    * GPU: ATI asus AH3650 AGP
    * RAM: 2 GB
    * How menny clients: 1

User Exp:

* Started with 4 fps, there climbed up to 10.
    First stack test, fps drop to 1.06
    * First jump and time div. nearly killed me.
    Stack test 2 did the rest, logserver crashed, ended with only eve voise running.
    * Restarted and got pod killed, so no relocation this time.
    Gaia Ma'chello
    Photosynth
    #56 - 2011-11-18 05:51:01 UTC

• OS version: OSX 10.6.8
    • CPU: Intel core I7
    • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
    • RAM: 8 gig
    • How many clients were you running at the same time? one
    • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): Low

User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 1.5
    • Average FPS - Zoomed in: 1.0
    • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 2
    • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? No

Performance was a little better this test relative to the last one. During the fight I was able to target and shoot, and even escape once I got targeted. But there still was tremendous client lag. Once the fleet fight started it could take a minute or more between doing something and seeing it actually happening.

This was really shown when I warped out of the fight to a planet. After arriving, the overview went through several changes, reacting to all the things that were happening during the fight. Even two minutes later it was still changing, trying to catch up. It never did, I warped back to the fight and upon arriving was unable to do anything. he client became unresponsive. It was not frozen, things still changed on the screen, I just could not do anything until a fleet warp moved me off the gate. This almost makes me think the client lag in the Mac client is all caused by the overview.

Anyway, Mac clinet a little better, but still badly borked.
    Raptor217
    Nomadic Spacial Bunnies Support Division
    #57 - 2011-11-18 06:05:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Raptor217
  • OS version: Windows XP 32bit
  • CPU: i7 M620
  • GPU: Nvidia 330M
  • RAM: 4 Gb
  • How many clients were you running at the same time? 2
  • Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): low

• User Experience

• Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 5
  • Average FPS - Zoomed in: 2
  • On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) 7
  • Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? No
  • Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: I had an issue that I wasn't able to screen shot due to lag. First my windows started becoming completely transparent if placed in certain positions, or if a certain window was open. ex: the market. Then i had my screen become severely pixelated, with my guns etc becoming giant white blocks and all the ships (brackets off) becoming small black boxes. Sometimes giant chunks of the screen would look like static white noise until I alt tabbed and tabbed back in. I may need to update my graphics drivers though.

• Also, having been in quite a few 600-700 man fights, there was no module lag at all, which is a huge improvement. No waiting for 2 minutes for guns to start cycling.
    Wrath22
    Blackwater USA Inc.
    Pandemic Horde
    #58 - 2011-11-18 06:24:33 UTC

OS version: Windows 7 home premium 64-bit
    CPU: AMD Phenom II n660 x2 3.0 GHz
    GPU: ATI Mobile HD 4250
    RAM: 4 Gb
    How many clients were you running at the same time? 2
    Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): LOW!!

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 5-8 Fps
    Average FPS - Zoomed in: 1-3
    On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome) I have never been in a huge fleet fight before but from going into jita when theres a few hundred people hanging out. and this its better performance ive lagged big time in jita before and this fleet fight had more going on in it than that so id give it a 7
    Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? no
    Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: My first mass test and it was a bit confusing i think the people who have cynos need to be a different color or something to make them stand out in that see of blue and white. It was also my first massive fleet battle and massive fleet warp blob so thanks for that... yes i took pictures :-).....
    Lord Ophidian
    NED-Clan
    Goonswarm Federation
    #59 - 2011-11-18 06:32:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Lord Ophidian

* OS version: Windows 7 Ultimate
    * CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6600
    * GPU: Sapphire ATi 3870 HD
    * RAM: 4GB
    * How many clients were you running at the same time? 1
    * Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): Low and Medium

User Experience

* Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: 10
    * Average FPS - Zoomed in: 3
    * On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? 7
    * Did you experience any disconnects or crashes? no.
    * Describe your experience, make comments, suggestions, etc.: was flying a super capital (a Wyvern) and with fleet bonusses my shield got to about 45% damage. and that is without fleet commander or Levi bonus. So yeah... fix shield capitals... else, went perfect everything seemed to be worked very well
    Jules Wolfpack
    Infinite Singularity.
    #60 - 2011-11-18 07:27:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Jules Wolfpack
    OS version: Windows 7 64bit
    CPU: i7 860 @ 2.80 GHz
    GPU: ATI 5700
    RAM: 8 GB
    How many clients were you running at the same time? 2
    Graphic setting of the client (low / medium / high): High

User Experience

Average FPS during fight at the gate in Poitot, with brackets disabled - Zoomed out: Not recorded
    Average FPS - Zoomed in: Not recorded
    On a scale of 1-10, how would you compare FPS and performance between this test and TQ? (1=way worse, 5=same, 10=OMG this is awesome): 3
    Did you experience any disconnects or crashes?: Yes, one client discoed on the collective jump into Poitot

I thought it was much more laggy than what I was used to on TQ with similar numbers in the fleets though I only experienced one DC (other than the planned shutdown of the system). I will say I didn't experience any module lag which was good.

The only thing new thing I noticed was the cyno bridging, which was very cool.

for what it's worth, I didn't experience any weird stacking issues with the ammo test. I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for there.