These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Xenuria: CSM 10

First post First post
Author
Charles Case
State War Academy
Caldari State
#41 - 2014-10-03 05:18:06 UTC
Xenuria wrote:

I have every intention of running and hopefully winning election.
Only by challenging myself do I become stronger.

Winning the CSM will be very difficult but once I have the rest will be cake.
The workload described by csm members past and present seems like a dream to me. I did an 800+~ page independent study on system analysis and design when I was 16. I think I can handle whatever CCP throws at me.

Hopefully, lol. The hope will leave you eventually, maybe CSM 11?

You should send that ~independent study to CCP, they'll hire you in no time. CCP Xenuria has a nice ring to it don't you think?
Xenuria
#42 - 2014-10-03 19:11:56 UTC
Charles Case wrote:
Xenuria wrote:

The workload described by csm members past and present seems like a dream to me. I did an 800+~ page independent study on system analysis and design when I was 16. I think I can handle whatever CCP throws at me.

You should send that ~independent study to CCP, they'll hire you in no time. CCP Xenuria has a nice ring to it don't you think?

If I worked for CCP my name would be

CCP Zarathustra
KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2014-10-04 19:39:58 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
Charles Case wrote:
Xenuria wrote:

CCP Zarathustra

Okay, I'll bite.

The **** does that mean?

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Xenuria
#44 - 2014-10-10 04:03:05 UTC
KuroVolt wrote:
Xenuria wrote:
Charles Case wrote:
Xenuria wrote:

CCP Zarathustra

Okay, I'll bite.

The **** does that mean?

Zarathustra was a messianic iconoclast that enlightened people through science.

I also want to add that if I am elected to the CSM I will not resign.
Scooter McCabe
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#45 - 2014-10-30 22:37:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Scooter McCabe
Okay so you think having a strong moral compass is important for a CSM candidate?

Or...

Do you think its more important to be taken seriously?
Xenuria
#46 - 2014-10-31 02:21:45 UTC
Scooter McCabe wrote:
Okay so you think having a strong moral compass is important for a CSM candidate?

Or...

Do you think its more important to be taken seriously?

I think being good or True is always more important than being taken seriously. I am aware that it isn't a good strategy but I refuse to yield my values.
ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#47 - 2014-11-02 23:27:42 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD LackOfFaith
Quote:

2. Be respectful toward others at all times.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to be courteous when disagreeing with others.

4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not conductive to the community spirit that CCP promotes. As such, this kind of behavior will not be tolerated.

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive, and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

23. Post constructively.

Negative feedback can be very useful to further improve EVE Online provided that it is presented in a civil and factual manner. All users are encouraged to honestly express their feelings regarding EVE Online and how it can be improved. Posts that are non-constructive, insulting or in breach of the rules will be deleted regardless of how valid the ideas behind them may be. Users are also reminded that posting with a lack of content also constitutes non-constructive posting.

27. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued to the off-topic poster.

32. Rumor mongering is prohibited.

Rumor threads and posts which are based off no actual solid information and are designed to either troll or annoy other users will be locked and removed. These kinds of threads and posts are detrimental to the wellbeing and spirit of the EVE Online Community, and can create undue panic among forum users, as well as adding to the workload of our moderators.

Thread cleaned up per the above rules. Please keep discussion civil, constructive, and on-topic. Personal attacks and rumor mongering are not appropriate ways to disagree with someone on these forums.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#48 - 2014-11-21 10:48:51 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post.

The Rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#49 - 2014-11-25 08:38:30 UTC
I don't understand this need for reform. If the null blocs make up a large portion of the active player base, using many, if not all the mechanics in the sand box then what exactly is the problem with them having many members on the CSM? Or are you suggesting that the CSM should be made up of insular mission runners who couldn't care less about sovereignty or in fact anything outside their level 4 mission or incursion.
Xenuria
#50 - 2014-11-25 18:37:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Xenuria
knobber Jobbler wrote:
I don't understand this need for reform. If the null blocs make up a large portion of the active player base, using many, if not all the mechanics in the sand box then what exactly is the problem with them having many members on the CSM? Or are you suggesting that the CSM should be made up of insular mission runners who couldn't care less about sovereignty or in fact anything outside their level 4 mission or incursion.

Reform is a good thing, it means change with the end goal of increased efficiency.
In the case of the CSM I feel strongly that the process needs to be overhauled. A very small portion of the player base even knows what the CSM is.

EvE is about the players, the CSM can only be comprised of players. To that end the process needs more transparency and fluidity. The members of the CSM also need to be held to a higher standard, one that precludes them from using politics as an excuse to advocate for their constituents.
knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#51 - 2014-11-25 19:00:19 UTC
CCP's lacklustre promotion of the CSM is the reason for that, nothing else. Voter apathy is different but it isn't linked to any one particular cause. It's a bit like quality assurance - if you've worked in software based product development - no one is interested in talking to you unless something bad is happening. Right now CCP isn't screwing up, so no one gives two hoots about their virtual union reps. Although I'm sure certain CSM members will be the first to tell you it's all their doing in a horribly smug self important post. I don't mean mynnna or sion either.
Xenuria
#52 - 2014-11-25 19:19:07 UTC
knobber Jobbler wrote:
CCP's lacklustre promotion of the CSM is the reason for that, nothing else. Voter apathy is different but it isn't linked to any one particular cause. It's a bit like quality assurance - if you've worked in software based product development - no one is interested in talking to you unless something bad is happening. Right now CCP isn't screwing up, so no one gives two hoots about their virtual union reps. Although I'm sure certain CSM members will be the first to tell you it's all their doing in a horribly smug self important post. I don't mean mynnna or sion either.

I know and I agree with you about quality assurance.
I think you will agree with me when I say that just because there is no sign of rain in no way means all efforts on flood prevention should cease.

CCP is doing amazing right now because of CCP Seagull and her unprecedented vision. The CSM is still a valid and relevant mechanism. Just because CCP is being guided by some beautifully androgynous genius doesn't mean the CSM should stop restructuring itself for better function.
Super Perforator
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#53 - 2014-11-28 20:33:21 UTC
Is ganking bad?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5610165#post5610165

Praise James!

Xenuria
#54 - 2014-12-01 19:35:37 UTC
Super Perforator wrote:
Is ganking bad?

Ganking is an essential park of the game-play experience.
I try not to look at things as right or wrong as they relate to the development of EvE Online. Attaching morality to a sandbox is very problematic if not toxic. At the player level you can believe whatever you want and act on those ideologies.
Lanctharus Onzo
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#55 - 2014-12-02 04:55:35 UTC
Well hello there!

My name is Lanctharus Onzo and I an one of the co-host and writers of the Cap Stable Podcast.

In early 2014 our podcast interviewed a great majority of the candidates for CSM9 and we will be doing the same for CSM10.

Here is our announcement: http://capstable.net/2014/12/01/council-of-stellar-management-x-call-for-candidate-interviews/

As we stated in the announcement, you can contact us to schedule your one on one interview via any of the following methods:

Email: podcast@capstable.net
Twitter: @CapStable
Or via our contact form

We look forward to speaking to you about your particular skill set and expertise in EVE Online and we hope you success in your candidacy.

Sincerely,

Lanctharus Onzo
Co-host & Writer of the Cap Stable Podcast
Military Director, Alea Iacta Est Universal

Executive Editor, CSM Watch || Writer, Co-host of the Cap Stable Podcast || Twitter: @Lanctharus

knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#56 - 2014-12-02 14:56:31 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
knobber Jobbler wrote:

I know and I agree with you about quality assurance.
I think you will agree with me when I say that just because there is no sign of rain in no way means all efforts on flood prevention should cease.

CCP is doing amazing right now because of CCP Seagull and her unprecedented vision. The CSM is still a valid and relevant mechanism. Just because CCP is being guided by some beautifully androgynous genius doesn't mean the CSM should stop restructuring itself for better function.

You know that comment could be interpreted in several ways and not all of them particularly positive.

The CSM is still valid yes but what do you want to turn it into? It's just a player elected body to represent players. Where the CSM has problems is some of them think they're game designers and they've been elected to promote their ideas. The only reform really need is the people putting themselves up for election who fail to realise what the CSM actually is: Players representing other players and nothing more. In fact their are other ways of doing what the CSM does without actually having some elected body of self important players who constantly like to tell everyone else how important they are.
Dradis Aulmais
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#57 - 2014-12-02 20:36:27 UTC
-1 for this thread

Why can we have a dislike button?

Dradis Aulmais, Federal Attorney Number 54896

Free The Scope Three

Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2014-12-03 13:32:50 UTC
knobber Jobbler wrote:
The only reform really need is the people putting themselves up for election who fail to realise what the CSM actually is: Players representing other players and nothing more. In fact their are other ways of doing what the CSM does without actually having some elected body of self important players who constantly like to tell everyone else how important they are.

To be fair, the same could be said for any elected body. Unfortunately, those who run for almost any type of election (unless appointed to do so by others, and most times, even then) tend to be of the extremely self-important variety.
Fortunately, the really important (albeit rare) qualifications for being a strong CSM candidate are fairly simple.
-The ability to listen and comprehend.
-The ability to effectively communicate the thoughts of one's constituents in a comprehensible and cohesive manner.
-The free time and desire to do the above.
-The work ethic to follow through on the aforementioned desire.

So far, I see 25% of that here.
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#59 - 2014-12-03 19:39:06 UTC
If only CSM was what I pay my subs for I would vote for you. But fortunately enough it isn't.

Invalid signature format

Xenuria
#60 - 2014-12-04 17:05:57 UTC
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:
knobber Jobbler wrote:
The only reform really need is the people putting themselves up for election who fail to realise what the CSM actually is: Players representing other players and nothing more. In fact their are other ways of doing what the CSM does without actually having some elected body of self important players who constantly like to tell everyone else how important they are.

To be fair, the same could be said for any elected body. Unfortunately, those who run for almost any type of election (unless appointed to do so by others, and most times, even then) tend to be of the extremely self-important variety.
Fortunately, the really important (albeit rare) qualifications for being a strong CSM candidate are fairly simple.
-The ability to listen and comprehend.
-The ability to effectively communicate the thoughts of one's constituents in a comprehensible and cohesive manner.
-The free time and desire to do the above.
-The work ethic to follow through on the aforementioned desire.

So far, I see 25% of that here.

I think you aren't looking close enough. I meet all those criteria and then some.
I am not an "Important Player" the whole point of EvE is that Anybody can potentially be anything. The chaotic viscosity of EvE as a sandbox allows for a "nobody" to rise to a higher purpose and then vanish into obscurity just as quickly.