These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Bring me the head of a CFC titan pilot!

First post First post
Author
Xolve
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#21 - 2014-05-23 20:04:38 UTC
Radric Davids wrote:
Wait, we grind structures in bombers? ahahahahaha you must have some seriously deep cover spies to come up with information that accurate.


It's pretty accurate, stop being willfully obtuse.
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#22 - 2014-05-23 20:05:26 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:

Killing a titan is it's own reward (you would know this if you understood people), a "bounty" does exactly nothing in real terms.

There aren't a bunch of people sitting around right now, thinking "So there's this Titan, but urghhhh like why would be kill it where's the incentive, if only some blogger with money and no sense would fix this".

Of course there are a bunch of people who wouldn't kill a titan for free

Find me two.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#23 - 2014-05-23 20:08:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanh'rhh
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:

Killing a titan is it's own reward (you would know this if you understood people), a "bounty" does exactly nothing in real terms.

There aren't a bunch of people sitting around right now, thinking "So there's this Titan, but urghhhh like why would be kill it where's the incentive, if only some blogger with money and no sense would fix this".

Of course there are a bunch of people who wouldn't kill a titan for free, but would gladly do so for 20B: the blues of the titan. As you said, the actual killers will kill it for free, so if a lovely little bee approaches Elo Knight "hey I can tackle a titan for you if you give me the 20B of that pubbie shitlord", Elo will surely say yes.

I mean, the problem here is you just don't know how the process actually works.

No-one in the position to "tackle a titan" would flip for 20b.

Do ...

Do you think there are just loads of titans sitting outside of POS shields and the only thing stopping people burning spies to kill them, is a lack of financial incentive?

You have a lot to learn, your 20b is going to someone who would have killed the Titan anyway.

i.e. Titans are never alone anywhere, at any time, where a random linemember can warp in with a HIC and point it. For a titan to die that wouldn't have anyway, you need a supercap FC to flip. They don't do that for pocket change, you know.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Charles Case
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#24 - 2014-05-23 20:10:13 UTC
What Would Gevlon Goblin Do (WWGGD) (MORON)
Dave Stark
#25 - 2014-05-23 20:11:44 UTC
Charles Case wrote:
What Would Gevlon Goblin Do (WWGGD) (MORON)

prove that some people genuinely do have more moneyISK than sense.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#26 - 2014-05-23 20:14:17 UTC
Charles Case wrote:
"Gevlon Goblin sends his regards" pretty original. You should create a corp and call it Grrwaffe.



I seriously cannot understand why thats not already a corp name.

However, we all know he likes quivering from the safety of his NPC corp.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Radric Davids
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2014-05-23 20:14:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Radric Davids
Khanh'rhh wrote:
[quote=Gevlon Goblin][quote=Khanh'rhh]
You have a lot to learn, your 20b is going to someone who would have killed the Titan anyway.


I don't think he cares, as long as he can claim credit and write a blog post about it. Nothing he had funded has materially improved in it's impact as a result of his financing. As long as he can claim credit via his funding, by the magic of delusion, he is the puppet master the the one responsible. Just like, by the magic of delusion, Noir scammed him
Shepard Wong Ogeko
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2014-05-23 20:21:45 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Ted McManfist wrote:
If you think 20 billion will make a CFC member awox a Titan, you have no idea how lif is in null-sec.

Newbees salvaging rat wrecks can pull that kind of ISK in a few months.

Yes, I know that everyone in CFC has a supercarrier. You just grind structures in bombless bombers because it's more fun.


You say that like you know what "fun" means.

Got some charts showing the curves of fun/hour of structure grinding in various fleet compositions?

Gevlon Goblin
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#29 - 2014-05-23 20:25:06 UTC
Hey Goons! You never heard the saying "don't interrupt foes when they make mistakes". You should just shut up and laugh as I waste my money. Why do you want to save me from that?

Probably because you know how titans die: dumbly.

There is surely a CFC titan sitting under a public password or corp access shield.
There is surely a CFC titan pilot who gladly bridge out a small gang of "bros" instead of telling them "no official ping, take gates punks".
There is surely a CFC titan pilot who logs out at the very same safespot every time.
There is surely a CFC titan pilot who accepts a fleet inv from "bros" and then asks "why am I warping to a planet"?
There is surely a CFC titan pilot who jumps to a cyno beacon or a cyno opened by a helpful "bro" because his cyno alt is still in Period Basis.

My blog: greedygoblin.blogspot.com

dantes inferno
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#30 - 2014-05-23 20:30:00 UTC  |  Edited by: dantes inferno
All the FCON titans/supers are already dead, dude.

Edit: Also, 420.

http://i.imgur.com/IcC78J7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Y3pJPwN.jpg

Let's pick one
Shepard Wong Ogeko
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2014-05-23 20:33:23 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Hey Goons! You never heard the saying "don't interrupt foes when they make mistakes". You should just shut up and laugh as I waste my money. Why do you want to save me from that?


Why?

Because you haven't figured out yet that we are actually the good guys.
Mostlyharmlesss
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#32 - 2014-05-23 21:06:43 UTC
This is by far one of the dumbest threads written on the forums. It's seriously up there with Sir Molle's SILENCE thread.

Follow me on Twitter for the latest regarding GoonSwarm Federation and our recruitment drives!

Samahiel Sotken
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#33 - 2014-05-23 21:14:58 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Hey Goons! You never heard the saying "don't interrupt foes when they make mistakes". You should just shut up and laugh as I waste my money. Why do you want to save me from that?

Probably because you know how titans die: dumbly.

There is surely a CFC titan sitting under a public password or corp access shield.
There is surely a CFC titan pilot who gladly bridge out a small gang of "bros" instead of telling them "no official ping, take gates punks".
There is surely a CFC titan pilot who logs out at the very same safespot every time.
There is surely a CFC titan pilot who accepts a fleet inv from "bros" and then asks "why am I warping to a planet"?
There is surely a CFC titan pilot who jumps to a cyno beacon or a cyno opened by a helpful "bro" because his cyno alt is still in Period Basis.


I know in your head this made sense. I know you thought, "Here is a witty defence of my vision; so eloquent that my opponents will weep with despair at the inevitable logic of my conclusions!" Unfortunately, for that to be the case you must establish a direct and causal connection between your offering of pocket change, and a meaningful increase in the likelihood of one of these already all too common occurrences.

I'm insulted by the paucity of your bounty, not terrified. You can and should do better.
Aapir
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#34 - 2014-05-23 21:26:22 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
As you probably know, I have the GRR project, a holy war against the evil Goons and their minions. I mosty pay mercenaries to kill their members in highsec and their highsec POCOs were cleansed. Now it's time to go after their most precious ships, their titans!

It's plain and simple: kill a CFC titan for me and you get 20B bounty! The money is held by Chribba, so you can be damn sure you'll get it. He'll post in this thread. To get the money, you must send a mail to me and Chribba with the following:

  • link to the API verified Zkillboard page of the kill
  • the dead pilot must be in a CFC alliance (no "I swear he is a Goon alt" accepted)
  • a link to a well readable screenshot of the fight with the titan still alive but damaged, without any masking (minimize your secret channels). Local channel must be open, readable, with transparent background.
  • on the local channel of the screenshot at least 5 people must say "Gevlon Goblin sends his regards"
  • The money will be given to the corp of the highest damage dealer.


Spies, titan-logoff-point campers, awoxers, get to work! Death to the titan of Evil! Grr!


this is a good post because it frees me form bomberless bombers if I awoxa single tian XD TwistedTwistedTwistedTwistedTwisted. I just wish that matani wouldnt find out but thats what alts are for lol XD. I any case its the corp that wins so all my friends get in so thats a plus. But yeah, you gotta find a fix for the spying problem gelvon.
BadAssMcKill
Aliastra
#35 - 2014-05-23 21:26:51 UTC
Radric Davids wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
[quote=Gevlon Goblin][quote=Khanh'rhh]
You have a lot to learn, your 20b is going to someone who would have killed the Titan anyway.


I don't think he cares, as long as he can claim credit and write a blog post about it. Nothing he had funded has materially improved in it's impact as a result of his financing. As long as he can claim credit via his funding, by the magic of delusion, he is the puppet master the the one responsible. Just like, by the magic of delusion, Noir scammed him


Quiet pet
Diogenes Diaspora
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#36 - 2014-05-23 21:29:13 UTC
Gevlon I can promise you a dead goon titan for 125b isk. Isk will need to go through Chribba. Contact me.
Captain Finklestein
Doomheim
#37 - 2014-05-23 22:23:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Finklestein
Most people aren't very intelligent. While EVE tends to attract more capable folk on average - with CFC admittedly having some mighty fine thinkers - the overall picture is painted much the same.

Case in point: This thread. CFC members are claiming, "I wouldn't drop my allegiance for 20B, so what a silly idea!".
This brings us back to my initial point: People aren't very intelligent.

I have nothing against CFC, but it would seem they don't truly appreciate the fact that many of their members have unaffiliated alts whom could easily jump in with their corp, pop the helpless Titan, and collect the 20B without any CFC member being linked to the operation.

It's just more financially viable for me.

Voyager Arran
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2014-05-23 22:50:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Voyager Arran
20 bil isn't worth never getting to play with my friends again and probably also getting blacklisted from every other alliance worth a damn since everyone would know I'm a sellout waiting to happen.

Then again talking about social interaction to you is like trying to describe a rainbow to a blind man.


At the above: how is your neutral alt going to get anywhere ******* near a friendly Titan in a position to tackle it? We are already overrun with line-member level spies who would love nothing more than to tackle a Titan with or without using a clean alt.

I'm sure SnuffBox will appreciate the free 20bil next time the catch someone from FCON moving themselves through lowsec, though.
Shepard Wong Ogeko
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2014-05-23 22:58:32 UTC
Captain Finklestein wrote:
Most people aren't very intelligent. While EVE tends to attract more capable folk on average - with CFC admittedly having some mighty fine thinkers - the overall picture is painted much the same.

Case in point: This thread. CFC members are claiming, "I wouldn't drop my allegiance for 20B, so what a silly idea!".
This brings us back to my initial point: People aren't very intelligent.

I have nothing against CFC, but it would seem they don't truly appreciate the fact that many of their members have unaffiliated alts whom could easily jump in with their corp, pop the helpless Titan, and collect the 20B without any CFC member being linked to the operation.


First off, 20bil really isn't all that much. Pretty much any goon who is knowledgeable enough and connected enough to pull this sort of thing off can easily scrounge up 20bil isk.

Second, no need for a goon to be involved at all because CFC is commonly a target for these sort of attacks. Gevlon is just playing the odds the same way Jita undock campers play the odds by wardec'ing the biggest corps. After all, isn't it strange that Gevlon puts a bounty on CFC titans after CFC supers are baited in Daras "just for the fun of it". Next time some one drops on us just for the fun, they can spam that message in local, collect some pocket change, and Gevlon can act like it was his kill.


He is just trying to ride on the coat tails of people who actually do clever things in Eve, and then try to claim all the credit.

Best example of "more isk than sense".
Arkady Romanov
Whole Squid
#40 - 2014-05-23 23:35:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Arkady Romanov
I say we just sacrifice a titan hull at the next vile rat memorial FFA event to a swarm of newbees, collect the bounty and divide it amongst the 20 newest bees on the kill mail. EVE becomes a better place because it has one less titan in it, newbees get a titan killmail, and Gevlon ends up having to pay Goons 20 billion.

Everybody wins except Goblin, and who cares about him?

Edit: bonus points if we kill it with a swarm of bombless bombers.

Whole Squid: Get Inked.