These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

What are the origins of your characters name?

First post
Author
Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#121 - 2014-07-06 00:23:09 UTC
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
Well how can anyone guess their origins if we don't even know what the names are?

I just wrote they were all Empire Names.
That is what the names are.

What the names are: - The names are Empire Faction names?

No?

EVE Online Billboard News http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels - Quafe Free-delivery offer! - Buy Quafe for Futility contest.  +Answer the Quafe Quiz to win.

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#122 - 2014-07-06 00:47:41 UTC
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:
Reaver Glitterstim wrote:
Well how can anyone guess their origins if we don't even know what the names are?

I just wrote they were all Empire Names.
That is what the names are.

What the names are: - The names are Empire Faction names?

No?

who's name's are you talking about is unclear.
Can you elaborate.
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#123 - 2014-07-06 01:30:13 UTC
Maybe he means the names are:
1.) Gallente
2.) Caldari
3.) Amarr
4.) Minmatar

In any case, it is a riddle in which the answer is ambiguous. Even if one guessed the right answer, there is no way to know for certain they were right.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#124 - 2014-07-06 05:23:18 UTC
My character names, for the most part and all the new parts all are Empire Faction .

The only ones that are not are the older pilot names.

For instance:

1. Euno Onren
Onren is the Minmatar automatically assigned name at creation.
Euno is not a Minmatar name per say.
It is a borrowed name.

2. Euno Ambramotte
The same Euno and Ambramotte is a Gallente automatically assigned name at creation.

3. Gnati Ambramotte
The same Ambramotte as above.
And Gnati is not a Gallente name per say.
It is a borrowed name.

4. Doug Shahni
The Shahni name is an Amarr automatically assigned name at creation.
Doug is my dog's name, well, not really , but close.

5. Voya Aubaris
Aubaris is a Gallente automatically assigned name at creation.
Voya is a name we had in my color book printing class in a grade 8 secondary school (secondary 1).
It is a short for Voyager or Tripper.

6. Hos Orlenard
Now this guy, Hos is a Gallente name and so is Orlenard.

7. Koy Artwik
The same , both Minmatar. Koy is a Minmatar first name. Artwik the automatically assigned Minmatar name at start up.

8. Sol Hemah
The same , both Amarr.
First and last names or Family name.

9. Sel Kasenumi
Both Caldari, first and last.

10. Vis Aldent
Aldent is a Gallente family name automatically assigned, although Vis may or may not be a Gallente first name.
I believe it is another name generated from another name generator.
(I'll try to post the link to it later.)
Fantasy Name Generator

11. Jaed Gogiko
Both are Minmatar.

12. Esko Krividus
Both are Minmatar.

13. name withheld
Both are withheld to increase the covert ability.
Yes, well, it's not the best so far, but at least you can see where it is leading. And how...

14. Eranen Mayaki
Both are Caldari.

Now, where can I get the Empire Faction first name if I have no way to find out?
Well...
I used the EVE Online Agent finder.

linky here
Keep in mind it currently displays 100 agents names max.
I can't see how to scroll pages...
It's probably disabled due to load capacity (also known as overload).

I also checked for names in the EVE Wiki, Evelopedia, etc...

EVE Online Billboard News http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels - Quafe Free-delivery offer! - Buy Quafe for Futility contest.  +Answer the Quafe Quiz to win.

Sodabro
Doomheim
#125 - 2014-07-06 05:34:20 UTC
Who wants lemon soda??

as for my main, I wanted a name I can live up to but also wanted to troll people with it. so I reversed it and put a meme(and a donk) on it.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#126 - 2014-07-06 07:55:40 UTC
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:
My character names.

Thank you.
Have you read any of the eve literature?
The eve scource books might benefit you in regards naming characters.
Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#127 - 2014-07-06 09:27:13 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:
My character names.

Thank you.
Have you read any of the eve literature?
The eve scource books might benefit you in regards naming characters.

Unfortunately, I am too busy and too old for that.
I wouldn't have the time without it endangering my life and my family even worst than it already is.
So the benefit would be more negative.

EVE Online Billboard News http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels - Quafe Free-delivery offer! - Buy Quafe for Futility contest.  +Answer the Quafe Quiz to win.

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#128 - 2014-07-06 10:42:05 UTC
Forgive the My Ignorance but,
how would reading endanger your life and family?
Feel free not to answer that if its too forward a question.
Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#129 - 2014-07-06 16:31:04 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Forgive the My Ignorance but,
how would reading endanger your life and family?
Feel free not to answer that if its too forward a question.

I wouldn't have the time to read it.
In fact, I'm pretty sure there are some lawyers doing that kind of work because of the "how would" (or why) you suggest.
What about yours?
How would that make you Ignorant, make your Ignorance, or make you more or less ignorant for increasing your efficiency?
No offence taken, no forgiveness for no offence committed or taken required.

EVE Online Billboard News http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels - Quafe Free-delivery offer! - Buy Quafe for Futility contest.  +Answer the Quafe Quiz to win.

Mildew Wolf
#130 - 2014-07-06 17:35:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Mildew Wolf
Timmy Wheeler
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#131 - 2014-07-06 19:25:14 UTC
My real name is Timothy Wheeler. Timmy Wheeler was what was available. XD
Cynter DeVries
Spheroidal Projections
#132 - 2014-07-06 20:01:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Cynter DeVries
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:
My character names.

Thank you.
Have you read any of the eve literature?
The eve scource books might benefit you in regards naming characters.

Unfortunately, I am too busy and too old for that.
I wouldn't have the time without it endangering my life and my family even worst than it already is.
So the benefit would be more negative.

I'm guessing the phrasing you're looking for is not "endangering" but "negatively impacting" in the sense of taking your time and your attentions away from them. I completely understand that sentiment if that's what you meant.

This name... Made it up as a character in a story of mine ages ago.

Cynter's Law of feature suggestion: Thou shalt not suggest NPCs do something players could do instead.

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#133 - 2014-07-06 20:01:20 UTC
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Forgive the My Ignorance but,
how would reading endanger your life and family?
Feel free not to answer that if its too forward a question.

I wouldn't have the time to read it.
In fact, I'm pretty sure there are some lawyers doing that kind of work because of the "how would" (or why) you suggest.
What about yours?
How would that make you Ignorant, make your Ignorance, or make you more or less ignorant for increasing your efficiency?
No offence taken, no forgiveness for no offence committed or taken required.

I was curious, hence the question.

Iv answerd early in the thread
but you are making an effort to be coherent so I will oblige

Ralph was "nickname" given to my in school,
King is not something I will share with ye.
Griffin is my Grandfather's surname( my mother's side ) he wount be passing it on as he had no sons so I take it whenever possible out of respect.
Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#134 - 2014-07-06 20:08:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Lar Tadaruwa
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Griffin is my Grandfather's surname( my mother's side ) he wount be passing it on as he had no sons so I take it whenever possible out of respect.

ah yes, that happens more often these days.
I am in a similar situation although it has a more religious connotation which is better not discussed here due to policies.

It is also not a coincidence if I am often more offended since it is directed against my name and family as well.


Cynter DeVries wrote:
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:
My character names.

Thank you.
Have you read any of the eve literature?
The eve scource books might benefit you in regards naming characters.

Unfortunately, I am too busy and too old for that.
I wouldn't have the time without it endangering my life and my family even worst than it already is.
So the benefit would be more negative.

I'm guessing the phrasing you're looking for is not "endangering" but "negatively impacting" in the sense of taking your and your attentions away from them. I completely understand that sentiment if that's what you meant.

This name... Made it up as a character in a story of mine ages ago.

Mhh, Negatively impacting and permanently damaging me, and endangering in the military sense.
That is political however.
Please be careful when you try to change my words without my prior authorisation.
I understand it can be done and why, however, I shouldn't be held accountable.

EVE Online Billboard News http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels - Quafe Free-delivery offer! - Buy Quafe for Futility contest.  +Answer the Quafe Quiz to win.

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#135 - 2014-07-06 20:20:27 UTC
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Griffin is my Grandfather's surname( my mother's side ) he wount be passing it on as he had no sons so I take it whenever possible out of respect.

ah yes, that happens more often these days.
I am in a similar situation although it has a more religious connotation which is better not discussed here due to policies.

It is also not a coincidence if I am often more offended since it is directed against my name and family as well.


Indeed not, those policies are there for good reason.

Good talk, should probably leave it here though,
Don't want to pull the thread too far off topic.
Lar Tadaruwa
State War Academy
Caldari State
#136 - 2014-07-06 20:21:50 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

Indeed not, those policies are there for good reason.

Good talk, should probably leave it here though,
Don't want to pull the thread too far off topic.

That is in line with my name, however, how many people would respect that nowadays.?.

EVE Online Billboard News http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels - Quafe Free-delivery offer! - Buy Quafe for Futility contest.  +Answer the Quafe Quiz to win.

Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#137 - 2014-07-06 21:04:29 UTC
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:
Please be careful when you try to change my wopbopareebopawopbambooms without my prior authorisation.
I understand it can be done and why, however, I shouldn't be held accountable.







Sometimes I'm more mature than at other times, mmkk? :D
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#138 - 2014-07-06 21:49:43 UTC
I enjoy playing with acronyms, so when I saw "ISD" the first time, I thought, "InterStellar Dwarves".

So I picked a super dwarfy name since I was on a dwarf Fortress kick at the time and that's how I got the longest ISD name ever.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Cynter DeVries
Spheroidal Projections
#139 - 2014-07-06 22:17:03 UTC
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Griffin is my Grandfather's surname( my mother's side ) he wount be passing it on as he had no sons so I take it whenever possible out of respect.

ah yes, that happens more often these days.
I am in a similar situation although it has a more religious connotation which is better not discussed here due to policies.

It is also not a coincidence if I am often more offended since it is directed against my name and family as well.


Cynter DeVries wrote:
Lar Tadaruwa wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

Thank you.
Have you read any of the eve literature?
The eve scource books might benefit you in regards naming characters.

Unfortunately, I am too busy and too old for that.
I wouldn't have the time without it endangering my life and my family even worst than it already is.
So the benefit would be more negative.

I'm guessing the phrasing you're looking for is not "endangering" but "negatively impacting" in the sense of taking your and your attentions away from them. I completely understand that sentiment if that's what you meant.

This name... Made it up as a character in a story of mine ages ago.

Mhh, Negatively impacting and permanently damaging me, and endangering in the military sense.
That is political however.
Please be careful when you try to change my words without my prior authorisation.
I understand it can be done and why, however, I shouldn't be held accountable.

First, I didn't change your words, I shared my interpretation of them, seeking correction. Second, I'm sorry you're in such dire straights. Third, get off the internet and back on the watch!

Cynter's Law of feature suggestion: Thou shalt not suggest NPCs do something players could do instead.