These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Kronos] Hyperspatial Accelerator Modules

First post First post
Author
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#41 - 2014-05-21 16:35:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Owen Levanth wrote:
Now I can stick three of them into my Raven and warp with almost cruiser-speed. Perfect!

And don't forget: as modules, they can be reconfigured for travel-only fits.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

iskflakes
#42 - 2014-05-21 16:36:16 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Gustav Mannfred wrote:
Why limited to 3 per ship, when they dont give realy much warp speed increase?


Because of Avatar.


First you nerf the covert ops Avatar. Now the warp speed Avatar. When will it end?!

-

Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#43 - 2014-05-21 16:43:36 UTC
I definitely second making these a percentage increase. Without that, these will be a buy only for freighters, while ideally this could increase the range of choices presented to the entire EVE population, something that will significantly spur interest in lowsec exploration and provide new and interesting fitting options for ships such as, say, lowsec HICs, interceptors (decreasing time-to-tackle, but also decreasing combat effectiveness?), etc.

Also, when you say lowsec exploration -- will these be in data sites? Relic sites? Or in lowsec ghost sites?

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2014-05-21 16:47:03 UTC
I like em.. But CCP Fozzie, with the limit of 3, I'd much rather have them stack and give a percent bonus.. I mean the ships that need them don't move fast to begin with, so that wouldn't be a huge issue.. and the ones that don't, this can open up some more options in the game..

Worth thinking about.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#45 - 2014-05-21 16:49:53 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
I definitely second making these a percentage increase. Without that, these will be a buy only for freighters, while ideally this could increase the range of choices presented to the entire EVE population, something that will significantly spur interest in lowsec exploration and provide new and interesting fitting options for ships such as, say, lowsec HICs, interceptors (decreasing time-to-tackle, but also decreasing combat effectiveness?), etc.

Also, when you say lowsec exploration -- will these be in data sites? Relic sites? Or in lowsec ghost sites?


I can use these to bump my battleship up to battlecruise speeds to cruise speeds. Also a % effect would be horrible as it would hepthe faster ships much more than the slower ones.
Tasha Saisima
Doomheim
#46 - 2014-05-21 16:52:14 UTC
Why low slots? The ships that would use these the most are armor ships.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#47 - 2014-05-21 17:00:57 UTC
Ammzi wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Ammzi wrote:
Why not a percentage so they are useful for other ships than freighters?
E.g. interceptors, dictors, battleships. Basically all subcaps.


...because Math?

What percentage would represent a good boost for a freighter without being ridiculous on an interceptor (with a baseline warp speed about an order of magnitude higher)?


Anywhere between 20-35 %?
The t2 hyperspatial rigs are 25 % bonus for reference.

...You're joking, right?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#48 - 2014-05-21 17:04:59 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Owen Levanth wrote:
Now I can stick three of them into my Raven and warp with almost cruiser-speed. Perfect!

And don't forget: as modules, they can be reconfigured for travel-only fits.


Yeah, that's what I meant. In combat, there is no free lowslot on my Raven, anyway. Lol

But until now, I could do nothing even in travelfits: The large launcher rigs I have are a bit too expensive to replace them with hyperspatial rigs just to travel around. Modules, on the other hand, are great.

Also I think it will make it easier for roaming gangs to take larger ships with them. I could see some BCs and BSs making a comeback in small-scale PVP. Would be a nasty surprise if you fit a few BCs as frigate-killers and take them with your frigate-gang. (3 modules, 3 rigs or 2 T2 rigs, should make a BC warp at 5,8 AU or something)
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#49 - 2014-05-21 17:13:58 UTC
sounds interesting.

I was just wondering why the decision was made to break consistency by using a flat bonus + max item limit instead of the stacking penalized bonus we know from all other item types.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#50 - 2014-05-21 17:15:31 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
I was just wondering why the decision was made to break consistency by using a flat bonus + max item limit instead of the stacking penalized bonus we know from all other item types.

I suspect the changes to freighters influenced this.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2014-05-21 17:18:23 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Bienator II wrote:
I was just wondering why the decision was made to break consistency by using a flat bonus + max item limit instead of the stacking penalized bonus we know from all other item types.

I suspect the changes to freighters influenced this.

But freighters have a lot warpspeed to begin with.. if you use reasonable % bonus, it comes out the same.. while leaving more options for faster ships :)
Delhaven
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2014-05-21 17:25:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Delhaven
CCP Fozzie wrote:
The blueprints to manufacture these modules will be found exclusively through low-sec exploration.
Can we get an idea of how frequently these will be appearing? Are we talking three per month in all of low, or one in every site?
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#53 - 2014-05-21 17:26:19 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Ammzi wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Ammzi wrote:
Why not a percentage so they are useful for other ships than freighters?
E.g. interceptors, dictors, battleships. Basically all subcaps.


...because Math?

What percentage would represent a good boost for a freighter without being ridiculous on an interceptor (with a baseline warp speed about an order of magnitude higher)?


Anywhere between 20-35 %?
The t2 hyperspatial rigs are 25 % bonus for reference.

...You're joking, right?


Why? A stiletto fitting one of these would reach 10.4 Au/s with 30 % bonus from 8 Au/s.
A battlecruiser from 2.5 au/s to 3.25 au/s.

Of course they should be stacking penalized if switched to percentage based bonus - and with freighters this would equate to 0.411 Au/s addition with a 30 % bonus.
Very comparable to flatrate values with regards to the freighter, while being a bit more useful for smaller ships.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#54 - 2014-05-21 17:44:23 UTC
Ammzi wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Ammzi wrote:
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Ammzi wrote:
Why not a percentage so they are useful for other ships than freighters?
E.g. interceptors, dictors, battleships. Basically all subcaps.


...because Math?

What percentage would represent a good boost for a freighter without being ridiculous on an interceptor (with a baseline warp speed about an order of magnitude higher)?


Anywhere between 20-35 %?
The t2 hyperspatial rigs are 25 % bonus for reference.

...You're joking, right?


Why? A stiletto fitting one of these would reach 10.4 Au/s with 30 % bonus from 8 Au/s.
A battlecruiser from 2.5 au/s to 3.25 au/s.

Of course they should be stacking penalized if switched to percentage based bonus - and with freighters this would equate to 0.411 Au/s addition with a 30 % bonus.
Very comparable to flatrate values with regards to the freighter, while being a bit more useful for smaller ships.


No. A % bonus will greatly benefit the already fast ships a lot more than the slower ships. It wouldnt be balanced when combined with the other warp speed tools. CCP is spot on with what they are doing with these mods.
Arronicus
The Untraceable
M A R A K U G A
#55 - 2014-05-21 17:55:00 UTC
almost double freighter warp speed? \o/
Captain Finklestein
Doomheim
#56 - 2014-05-21 17:56:09 UTC
Alexis Nightwish wrote:
How will these stack with warp speed rigs?

It's just more financially viable for me.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#57 - 2014-05-21 18:02:16 UTC
Captain Finklestein wrote:
Alexis Nightwish wrote:
How will these stack with warp speed rigs?



They dont, what you see is what you get.
Alexis Nightwish
#58 - 2014-05-21 18:11:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Alexis Nightwish
baltec1 wrote:
Captain Finklestein wrote:
Alexis Nightwish wrote:
How will these stack with warp speed rigs?



They dont, what you see is what you get.

Uhhh I'm pretty sure they will stack. I just want to know the maths of it.

Specifically I want an example using a blockade runner since it has a warp speed bonus. Oh! And with warp speed implants.

CCP approaches problems in one of two ways: nudge or cludge

EVE Online's "I win!" Button

Fixing bombs, not the bombers

MaraudR73
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#59 - 2014-05-21 18:11:08 UTC
I like the idea of making them % based so other ships then Freighers can use them too.
For example make them 25% with stacking penalty
Looking at the math it wouldnt make much of a difference for already fast ships compared with rigs.

+1 for the idea of % based mods
Ammzi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#60 - 2014-05-21 18:25:40 UTC
Alexis Nightwish wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Captain Finklestein wrote:
Alexis Nightwish wrote:
How will these stack with warp speed rigs?



They dont, what you see is what you get.

Uhhh I'm pretty sure they will stack. I just want to know the maths of it.

Specifically I want an example using a blockade runner since it has a warp speed bonus. Oh! And with warp speed implants.


CCP Fozzie wrote:

They are not stacking penalized with each other or with any other warp speed modifiers.

Let us know what you think!



How sure are you?
We could do some betting and use Chribba as 3rd party.