These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Carriers in low sec

Author
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#21 - 2011-11-16 21:00:01 UTC
Posting in an overt faggotry thread.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#22 - 2011-11-16 21:03:54 UTC
Naso Gomez wrote:
Bring a dread next time?

Dreads have to siege and lock, and by the time you lock a carrier playing station games he's probably repped up all his buddies and docked right back up.

Not that one sieged dread would do much to a carrier in any case.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Daedalus Arcova
The Scope
#23 - 2011-11-16 21:08:43 UTC
Why can the OP say 'faggotry', but I can't call him an 'ignorant cuntwipe'?

Edit: Oh look, I just did.
Zions Child
Higashikata Industries
#24 - 2011-11-16 21:09:26 UTC
Garbad theWeak wrote:
Zions Child wrote:
Garbad theWeak wrote:
Bernard Schuyler wrote:
All ships do this kind of station games crap. Just fight off the station and problem solved.
I'm thinking more of this -- fight breaks out, someone undocks a carrier. The carrier can rep without drawing aggro, and once aggroed it doesn't particularly matter since it can easily tank a gang long enough to redock. Thus, the carrier has no risk and ruins the pvp for others. Sure, other ships can do it but nothing else can realistically have 1.5 mil ehp and rep for thousands of damage a second while costing little.

Nerf caps in lowsec.

Bring more DPS next time. Or hot drop them with a Titan. I got along fine in low sec, killing peeps and avoiding carriers.
bringing 40 people or a 65bil ship to counter a 1 bil alt isn't reasonable

why do you need a crutch to avoid pvp carebear?

Carebear? I'm not the one whining about PvP. If you wanted to whine about docking games, then you should have said something like "Docking Games still not fixed" And then in your post whined about docking games. Instead, you decided to go with "Carrier Faggotry in low sec," and then proceeded to whine about logoffski and docking games at the same time, one of which has been fixed. I don't support docking games, but whatever, at least I am capable of complaining about them without coming across as a twelve year old who just learned the word ******.
Lord Ryan
True Xero
#25 - 2011-11-16 21:10:50 UTC
Famble wrote:
Jita Alt666 wrote:
Denidil wrote:

also, grown men don't use terminology that refers to other demographics of people as a derogatory.

Language is in a constant state of flux with the meaning and intentions of words shifting at all times. To illustrate my point; I am not sure why you are offended by the OP's use of a verb meaning, level of skill in collecting together a bunch of sticks.

Or cigarettes

Or douches on Harleys.

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Sakurako Kimino
Eternal Darkness.
The Initiative.
#26 - 2011-11-16 21:15:21 UTC
you know i was sure there was an area on these forums for ideas, i was also sure it wasn't GD.

you know theres such a thing called ewar where you can jam a carrier, then iits useless unless it goes into triage then you can nuet its cap and kill it.

you people need to work more on tactic than on crying for help to ccp.

eve is about sin

BLACK-STAR
#27 - 2011-11-16 21:16:11 UTC
Lord Ryan wrote:
Or douches on Harleys.
just point to it.

Also, this thread is terrible. and OP is kind of a pile of sticks himself.
EMPIRE TRAD3R
Furious Intentions
#28 - 2011-11-16 21:17:29 UTC
I've burned carriers with 8 guys before they were able to dock. Stop being **** and skill up. Or shut up.
Captain Nathaniel Butler
The White Company
#29 - 2011-11-16 21:20:51 UTC
Yet again posting in a fail thread...

Lady Spank for C&P moderator.

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#30 - 2011-11-16 21:21:20 UTC  |  Edited by: ShahFluffers
Carrier giving you problems? Grab a Hurricane, slap on a 100MN Afterburner, and bump that sucker off station. Once done you can neut the carrier to oblivion and easily kill it with about 4 or 5 DPS battleships.

Carriers are EASY to kill once you learn their weaknesses.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#31 - 2011-11-16 21:27:20 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
Carrier giving you problems? Grab a Hurricane, slap on a 100MN Afterburner, and bump that sucker off station. Once done you can neut the carrier to oblivion and easily kill it with about 4 or 5 DPS battleships.

You're looking for "Stabber Fleet Issue with 100MN MWD" but I guess that works too

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#32 - 2011-11-16 21:38:43 UTC
Hirana Yoshida wrote:
Desert Ice78 wrote:
Where is this logofski nerf please?

Quote:
Logoff timer

After a player logs out, there is a check for player aggression every 15 minutes. If you have been aggressed, the timer extends for 15 minutes; if you have not been aggressed, you disappear as before. Note: this is only for player aggression and will not change what happens when you log off during fights against NPCs.

From Devblog

Excelent!!

But will this also work when someone uses the force-logoffski exploit faggotry?

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.

Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2011-11-16 21:39:21 UTC
You do relize, that by fighting at a station you are setting yourself up for fail.

OP: GO DAMN I HATE STATION GAMES!
Buddy: Hey man, I got a carrier scramed.
OP: Where?
Buddy: Planet 5, Moon 3 station
OP: On my way! *warps!*
*Intermission while OP warps to the scene of battle. Flash Gordon music is playing in the backround*
OP: I am here! *shift click target, smacks the F1-key with to much gusto like it requires skills to do so and weapons start to cycle*
Buddy: Awesome, now we are talking! Watch him fry!
Carrier docks
OP: OMFG! STUPID F*GGOT DOCKED UP!
Buddy: Damn it
Carrier undocks
OP: Oh yeah! Time to burn, BIAOTCH! *<-- like a refugee from the ghetto trying to sound cool*
*Suddenly CCP's theme song starts playing in the backround like OP thinks he is a bad ass*
Carrier docks
OP: OMFG AGAIN! *types local* Engage me you pussy!
Carrier undocks
OP: Oh yeah your going to get it now!
Carrier docks up
OP: OMFG YOU STUPID [censored!] MOTHER [censored!] FIGHT ME YOU [censored!] I AM GOING TO [censored!] YOUR EYE SOCKET WITH MY [censored!] AND THEN POUND YOU GIRLFRIEND WITH MY 9 INCH [censored!] *OP was using metric ruler, so counted the number ticks wrong thinking its larger then normal* UP HER [censored!] WHILE SHE SCREAMS MY NAME!
Carrier undocks
OP: STARTING TO BURN YOUR ASS NOW!
Carrier docks

And you know where this goes. Don't forget OP, you set yourself up for fail by engaging in this fight looking for things to blow up station where you can't handle. More DPS or amazing...leave the fight...HOLY **** WHO THE F*CK SAID THAT IT'S SO SIMPLE IT HAS GOT TO BE STUPID...
Tamiya Sarossa
Resistance is Character Forming
#34 - 2011-11-16 21:45:26 UTC
Why would you ever, ever fight on a station undock?

And don't tell me that's the only place you can get fights. It isn't. Learn to bait.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#35 - 2011-11-16 21:47:54 UTC
What does this issue with carriers have to do with bundles of sticks? P

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Famble
Three's a Crowd
#36 - 2011-11-16 21:50:07 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

Or cigarettes or douches on Harley's. We covered this.

If anyone ever looks at you and says,_ "Hold my beer, watch this,"_  you're probably going to want to pay attention.

Alara IonStorm
#37 - 2011-11-16 21:52:43 UTC
Famble wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

Or cigarettes or douches on Harley's. We covered this.

Or Homosexuals.

Do they have Space Carriers now?
Renan Ruivo
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#38 - 2011-11-16 22:00:25 UTC
Get a carrier and play station games with it.

If the grass is greener on the other side, then you need to change your grass.

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Garbad theWeak
#39 - 2011-11-16 22:04:32 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:

Cool story bro. So why haven't you ever done it?

http://www.minmatar-militia.org/kb/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=22709&scl_id=27
Your few carrier kills have always involved friend caps and and 15-30 people.

And that's true for the rest of you tards as well. We all know your opponent has to be completely stupid to lose a carrier, and even if he does...meh, 500 mil loss or so. The risk/reward is stupidly skewed in favor of the carrier station humper, and that needs to be changed.

Morganta
The Greater Goon
#40 - 2011-11-16 22:12:05 UTC
Garbad theWeak wrote:
ShahFluffers wrote:

Cool story bro. So why haven't you ever done it?

http://www.minmatar-militia.org/kb/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=22709&scl_id=27
Your few carrier kills have always involved friend caps and and 15-30 people.

And that's true for the rest of you tards as well. We all know your opponent has to be completely stupid to lose a carrier, and even if he does...meh, 500 mil loss or so. The risk/reward is stupidly skewed in favor of the carrier station humper, and that needs to be changed.

ain't you just too cute

I can't even find your narrow ass on your corps KB Roll