These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Freighters and Jump Freighters Rebalance [Updated]

First post First post First post
Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#1161 - 2014-05-19 14:00:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Rivr Luzade wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Rivr Luzade wrote:
None is suitable to transport things between 100k and 300k m³.
Again, JFs fit that role perfectly.

They absolutely don't.
You mean aside from being highly suitable for transporting things between 100k and 300k m³?
So what about them is it that makes them unsuitable for that task? Is it their 300k+ m³ cargo hold? Is it their increased EHP? Is it their faster aligning? Is it their faster warp speed?
Dave Stark
#1162 - 2014-05-19 14:00:24 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
Tippia wrote:

Rivr Luzade wrote:
None is suitable to transport things between 100k and 300k m³.
Again, JFs fit that role perfectly.

They absolutely don't. JF fill a completely different role. They are rather miss-used as smaller gate-to-gate freighters and from a price point are in an absolutely different league.

it absolutely does. look at it's cargo capacity.
Valterra Craven
#1163 - 2014-05-19 14:00:25 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Valterra Craven wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

Valterra Craven wrote:
So you arent adding anything relevant to this conversation.

neither are you, you're just whining.

Well we have me proposing alternative solutions to get things to a better state than we have now, and we have you who is only filling this thread with I told you so posts... Looks to me like the whining is falling more on your side than mine.

considering i haven't whined once; and literally every post of yours in the last 2 pages has been whining about orcas not carrying 400k of cargo...

you might want to check the tally again, darlin'.

Because stating a mater of fact when trying to offer alternative arguments to your foolishness is whining? Right. I never said anything about orcas in any of my posts. Orca balance as it stands if fine.
Dave Stark
#1164 - 2014-05-19 14:03:17 UTC
Valterra Craven wrote:
Right. I never said anything about orcas in any of my posts.

might want to check your posting history.

such as here

Valterra Craven wrote:
Because an orca has 500k m3???

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#1165 - 2014-05-19 14:05:22 UTC
Valterra Craven wrote:
I never said anything about orcas in any of my posts.
Valterra Craven wrote:
Valterra Craven wrote:
These would cost around the same as orcas, wouldnt have the boosting of orcas and would be totally devoted to hauling.

So… yeah.

Also…
Quote:
People wanted riggable freighters and those of us that are sane don't want these massive across the board nerfs.
Those of us who are sane don't want riggable freighters since that forcibly means massive nerfs across the board.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1166 - 2014-05-19 14:05:58 UTC
Valterra Craven wrote:

NO WHERE IN MY RESPONSE DID I MENTION THE TERM ISK.

But yes insurance is a thing and it applies to all ships, not just this one.

Remember the part where I said you were bad at forums? If you let me trick you into admitting that you weren't even addressing the question you were answering, just spouting off, as easily as that... then yeah.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Lolita Troublemaker
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#1167 - 2014-05-19 14:09:40 UTC
Veinnail wrote:
Posting to voice dissatisfaction in these implementations. This is a chain reaction of decisions around the move to rig these hulls. The process isn't flawed, the hulls just shouldn't get rigs.

They just need 1 high slot, 1 med slot and 1 low slot, not rigs.

Ben Hatton
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1168 - 2014-05-19 14:09:56 UTC
Hey petty people, back on topic please.......
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#1169 - 2014-05-19 14:11:32 UTC
Ben Hatton wrote:

Ok. No, reducing EHP does not make freighters into ISK sinks, quite the opposite. It doesn't really do anything since you can just compensate for it if that's what you're after.
Ben Hatton
Caldari State
#1170 - 2014-05-19 14:14:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Ben Hatton
Tippia wrote:
Ben Hatton wrote:

Ok. No, reducing EHP does not make freighters into ISK sinks, quite the opposite. It doesn't really do anything since you can just compensate for it if that's what you're after.

No im just done with the my dicks bigger than yours bickering....
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1171 - 2014-05-19 14:16:20 UTC
Ben Hatton wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Ben Hatton wrote:

Wise decision. No one's forum **** is bigger than Tippia's.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#1172 - 2014-05-19 14:17:09 UTC
Ben Hatton wrote:

Ugh Make up your mind.
You asked for us to get back on topic. I got back on topic. Now you're fed up with that too?
Dave Stark
#1173 - 2014-05-19 14:20:29 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Now you're fed up with that too?

it has been going on for like 60 pages now, to be fair.
Valterra Craven
#1174 - 2014-05-19 14:27:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Valterra Craven
Dave Stark wrote:
Valterra Craven wrote:

such as here

Valterra Craven wrote:

Context. You offered an incorrect rebuttal to an idea post that I offered as an alternative to these changes. You were the one that brought up Orcas not me. Without your foolish post offering up the orca as a suitable alternative to my thoughts, these two pages of me stating what orca's actually do and don't do wouldn't exist.

Read the original post I made. There was no mention of Orca's or DST's or any other hauling ship.

I will say that you might have had a point way back when carrier hauling was a thing and JF's didn't exist. But that day has long come and gone.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#1175 - 2014-05-19 14:27:10 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Now you're fed up with that too?

it has been going on for like 60 pages now, to be fair.

I suppose. The faucet/sink confusion was a bit of a new angle, though. Big smile
Kenneth Feld
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#1176 - 2014-05-19 14:28:29 UTC
We need to get back on the freighters need scan immunity...that one was going pretty good for 4-5 pages
Ben Hatton
Caldari State
#1177 - 2014-05-19 14:29:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Ben Hatton
So, basically, this change is going to happen in one way or another. To present a player backd solution to the change we dont like, do we throw our weight behind Mynnna's numbers or what? Cause we need to come up with a coherent counter proposal and move on from all this other fluff.

Like I said, this will happen, we need to band together and make it happen in a better way.
Dave Stark
#1178 - 2014-05-19 14:31:17 UTC
Valterra Craven wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Valterra Craven wrote:

such as here

Valterra Craven wrote:

Context. You offered an incorrect rebuttal to an idea post that I offered as an alternative to these changes. You were the one that brought up Orcas not me. Without your foolish post offering up the orca as a suitable alternative to my thoughts, these two pages of me stating what orca's actually do and don't do wouldn't exist.

Read the original post I made. There was no mention of Orca's or DST's or any other hauling ship.

I will say that you might have had a point way back when carrier hauling was a thing and JF's didn't exist. But that day has long come and gone.

context? you said you didn't mention the orca in any of your posts (plural), we proved that you did.
Dave Stark
#1179 - 2014-05-19 14:33:02 UTC
Ben Hatton wrote:
So, basically, this change is going to happen in one way or another. To present a player backd solution to the change we dont like, do we throw our weight behind Mynnna's numbers or what? Cause we need to come up with a coherent counter proposal and move on from all this other fluff.

Like I said, this will happen, we need to band together and make it happen in a better way.

the optimal solution is for freighters to be left the hell alone, and for people to think before they ask for changes.
Valterra Craven
#1180 - 2014-05-19 14:33:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Valterra Craven
Tippia wrote:
Valterra Craven wrote:
I like how you are correcting me by putting words in my mouth.
You mean by cutting off your failed attempt at correcting him when he was right all along?

You are correct. I should have quoted the whole post of both posters like so:

Sipphakta en Gravonere wrote:
Wulfy Johnson wrote:
Well eighter way, removing more ehp off these already fragile ships, making them more common with lower ehp will result in a rabbits race for kb padding. To me that would more of an isk sink short term, and leaves a no choice in fitting long term.

1. Freighters aren't fragile, they take considerable effort, manpower and strategy to gank.
2. No-one cares about KB stats, except for some ~elite-pvp~ groups, which are largely unimportant and easy to deal with.
3. Every freighter killed is a giant ISK faucet, spewing several hundred million ISK into the economy.