These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Restrict NPC Corporation Posting Abilities.

First post First post
Author
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#921 - 2014-07-21 21:46:07 UTC
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:

The ONLY people adversely affected by the elimination of the drone exploit were exploiters, no other players suffered from the change. Your proposal adversely affects people that are playing by the rules, HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Incorrect we have an ice mining fleet that was adversely effected by the drone assist changes. Trolling is not playing by the rules what part of that do you not understand?

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#922 - 2014-07-21 22:41:42 UTC
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Getting rid of NPC trolls helps everyone. Not having the game's official forums be a toxic trollpit every time some people roll up new alts would help a great deal with the game's reputation, for starters.

All of us here that enjoy legitimate discourse are tarnished by the abuse of NPC forum alts on a daily basis. We all stand to benefit, as does the game itself, if this particular abuse is dealt with.

And as for any negative effects, this is very easily circumvented. Anyone who wants legitimate discussion will easily be able to obtain it. It's a very small barrier to entry, that does not even apply to a whole bunch of forums (meaning new players can still ask questions and weigh in on stickies) but one that is proven to work.

You are casually tossing aside some peoples chosen form of game play simply because you dont care about it. What if the NPC players said lets get rid of PC corp trolls by making so nobody can post unless they are in an NPC corp, sounds stupid because it is.

Edit: missing word added that was inadvertently left out, the basic content of the post is unchanged.

You do realize that, if we get rid of NPC corp trolling (which makes up the majority of the shitposting on this board), that the ISDs' workload will be halved at least, thereby freeing them up to police the rest of us more thoroughly?

Oh, and NPC alt is no one's "chosen form of game play". But if you have a genuine desire to contribute to the forum discussions, it still remains incredibly easy to do so. The point is to create some barrier to entry, instead of zero.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#923 - 2014-07-21 22:47:03 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Getting rid of NPC trolls helps everyone. Not having the game's official forums be a toxic trollpit every time some people roll up new alts would help a great deal with the game's reputation, for starters.

All of us here that enjoy legitimate discourse are tarnished by the abuse of NPC forum alts on a daily basis. We all stand to benefit, as does the game itself, if this particular abuse is dealt with.

And as for any negative effects, this is very easily circumvented. Anyone who wants legitimate discussion will easily be able to obtain it. It's a very small barrier to entry, that does not even apply to a whole bunch of forums (meaning new players can still ask questions and weigh in on stickies) but one that is proven to work.

You are casually tossing aside some peoples chosen form of game play simply because you dont care about it. What if the NPC players said lets get rid of PC corp trolls by making so nobody can post unless they are in an NPC corp, sounds stupid because it is.

Edit: missing word added that was inadvertently left out, the basic content of the post is unchanged.

You do realize that, if we get rid of NPC corp trolling (which makes up the majority of the shitposting on this board), that the ISDs' workload will be halved at least, thereby freeing them up to police the rest of us more thoroughly?

Oh, and NPC alt is no one's "chosen form of game play". But if you have a genuine desire to contribute to the forum discussions, it still remains incredibly easy to do so. The point is to create some barrier to entry, instead of zero.

think cspa charge
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#924 - 2014-07-21 22:48:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Oh, and NPC alt is no one's "chosen form of game play".
NPC main is. Erroneously conflating NPC corp membership with being an alt doesn't change this.

Edit: Actually, NPC alt can be a play style, thinking about it. Offloading tasks you may not wish to have associated with a corp dwelling character or bypassing the consequences/limitations of being in a corp seems exactly like a style of play to me.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#925 - 2014-07-21 23:09:21 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

think cspa charge

This isn't that bad of an idea charging a flat fee for posting, 1 million isk per post or such. I'm in favor of it but, for the less affluent members of the forum it may prohibit them from posting.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#926 - 2014-07-21 23:15:16 UTC
La Nariz wrote:

think cspa charge

This isn't that bad of an idea charging a flat fee for posting, 1 million isk per post or such. I'm in favor of it but, for the less affluent members of the forum it may prohibit them from posting.

Shockedfor npc corps, i shiptoast waaaaaaaaay to much to agree that.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#927 - 2014-07-21 23:57:53 UTC
La Nariz wrote:

think cspa charge

Of course NPC corporations have to protect their image for :reasons: so it makes sense and adheres to game lore.

@Hakaari Inkuran, it's pretty clear you don't have a point to bring up and just wish to voice your outrage at this idea. That's all well and good but, unfortunately it is not helpful for active discussion so I will not be responding to anything more from you unless you are going to bring up a new point free of goonspiracy and other garbage.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#928 - 2014-07-22 00:11:14 UTC
La Nariz wrote:

think cspa charge

WTF? When did you join Devils?

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#929 - 2014-07-22 00:17:40 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

think cspa charge

i was poached after ye all had a laugh at my killboard in that "hunting solo explorers" thread about a moth or so ago , much funBlinkPirate
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#930 - 2014-07-22 00:58:31 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

think cspa charge

i was poached after ye all had a laugh at my killboard in that "hunting solo explorers" thread about a moth or so ago , much funBlinkPirate

Been considering joining them for a while, they get stuff done. Problematically I love my current alliance too, they have such good attitudes.

It's alt time.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Dhaq
Doomheim
#931 - 2014-07-22 02:18:50 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Dhaq wrote:

So if a number of players in any corporation are found to be troll posting can we ban all members within that corporation from posting as well?

Sure once players can create a fresh character that starts in that player corporation, be immune to awoxing, be immune to corporation theft, be immune to war declarations, be recyclable without any significant cost, and be used to troll to the point they degrade the quality of the forum.

Until then no.

Other than starting location, the rest of your points do not apply to an alt that is made and simply joins some random corp. So the argument is weak.
Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#932 - 2014-07-22 17:29:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Maldiro Selkurk
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

1. For those that would alt forum troll:

a. Currently, make alt, forum troll ( but those in NPC corps that dont forum troll are unaffected and are free to post in any forum of their choosing)

b. If this horrendous idea goes into effect, those that would troll the forums make a one million ISK one man corp and go back to trolling BUT, and this is the important part, those in NPC corps that would post constructively on the forums will forevermore be punished even though they have done nothing wrong. Further, since NPC playing is VERY different from PC playing they will either be forced to play as you want them to or be forced out of posting on the forums (there really is only so many ways to make this totally unfair edict any more clear).

2. NPC play style is in fact a play style, with real in-game consequences that you ARE aware of and are just pretending not to notice which to be honest reflects poorly both on you and your corp. It is like a group of people all standing in the rain and you and La Nariz repeatedly saying it is not raining.

3. What study did you do to count the total number of NPC players in the game vs the total number of PC players in the game, determine the percentages of each posting troll post on the forums over an extended period of time such that you can justifiably make the claim the "The majority of the shitposting on this board" comes from NPC's. Personally I see as much if not more troll posts coming from those in PC corps; including, ironically the OP in this very thread.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Rita May
State War Academy
Caldari State
#933 - 2014-07-22 17:36:51 UTC
Let me propose a new idea for "improving" forum quality:

All Toons in Player created Corps that have more than 1000 members in Corp, Alliance or whatever will not be allowed to post on the CCP Forums because i feel like those are all just trollposting and do not add quality to the forum.

See what i did there?
Same quality of argument as in your OP.

@Hakaari Inkuran:
Thanks for the support, but i never expected a "discussion" so i was just stating my disagreement and to be fair the "effort" i put into a posting is kind of related to the quality of the OP...
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#934 - 2014-07-22 17:37:39 UTC
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Personally I see as much if not more troll posts coming from those in PC corps; including, ironically the OP in this very thread.

I don't like what you're saying, therefore you must be a troll?

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Hakaari Inkuran
State War Academy
Caldari State
#935 - 2014-07-22 17:42:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Hakaari Inkuran
admiral root wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Personally I see as much if not more troll posts coming from those in PC corps; including, ironically the OP in this very thread.

I'd say this statement shoots the entire conversation right in the foot, doesn't it? There's been plenty of troll accusations coming from people in this thread towards other people in this thread, from both sides, and all those accusations can be deflated with what you posted.

The rule regarding trolling is really a redundant one, to be honest. There's already rules about civility and constructive posting along with personal attacks. Regardless, dozens of posts every hour violate such rules, coming from PCs and NPC posters alike. And with really, very little being done about any of it. And really, if you were to force everyone to always be civil and disallow snarky one-liners, well, you'd have a forum moving at a fifth of the current speed. Edit: it also would stop looking like a forum for EVE Online if you did this. Leave it alone, these forums have a great culture.

And its already a very slow and still well-behaved forum comparatively.
Dhaq
Doomheim
#936 - 2014-07-22 18:06:37 UTC
admiral root wrote:

Almost 50 pages summed up in one sentence.

A fun statistic, almost 1/3 of the post in this thread are by one person saying exactly what you just said.
Vincenzo Arbosa
Locust Assets
#937 - 2014-07-22 18:08:41 UTC
A solution easily ignored when a player creates a "Trolls R Us" corp for forum trolling and allows for anyone else to join.
"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." 
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#938 - 2014-07-22 18:16:54 UTC
Dhaq wrote:
admiral root wrote:

A fun statistic, almost 1/3 of the post in this thread are by one person saying exactly what you just said.

All those people arguing with La Nariz are one person?

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Dhaq
Doomheim
#939 - 2014-07-22 18:23:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Dhaq
admiral root wrote:
Dhaq wrote:
admiral root wrote:

No but the ~300 post made by La Nariz are.
Elfi Wolfe
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#940 - 2014-07-22 18:27:16 UTC
admiral root wrote:
Dhaq wrote:
admiral root wrote:

Since the supporters of this think everyone in a NPC forum is a troll alt. And seem to think all NPC are to banned/restricted. That about sums up your argument.

"Please point to the place on the doll where the carebear touched you."