These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Restrict NPC Corporation Posting Abilities.

First post First post
Author
Hakaari Inkuran
State War Academy
Caldari State
#661 - 2014-06-20 07:58:26 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Hakaari Inkuran wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Saisin wrote:
Corraidhin Farsaidh wrote:
Simple solution...ignore posts from npc alts if you don't like them. Don't quote them or respond to them.

Ditto
Signed: proud NPC corp alt forum poster that would be targeted by the OP views against freedom of expression, in a non trolling way Big smile

Private property not government property so you have no more rights than you are afforded in CCP's legal documentation. This is even in the OP. You personally might not be a problem but, for everyone of you there are 100 others who are problems that this suggestion will help solve.

"its a privilege not a right!" isn't an argument for removing a privilege.

No but the quality destroying behavior of the NPC alts is also you cannot remove what was never there in the first place.

You haven't demonstrated this to be the case adequately. Also your sentence doesn't make sense.
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#662 - 2014-06-20 08:07:56 UTC
God, just block these and be done with it. Do it like you do it ingame with scammers and spammers: Click -> Block Character/Hide posts and be done with it. Quick, easy and without and repercussions for anyone or any way to exploit/abuse a mechanic.

*shakes his head in utter disbelieve*

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Dig Mangeiri
#663 - 2014-06-20 08:52:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Dig Mangeiri
Rules, rules, rules. We need MORE rules! Let's limit people more! They should think like me and act like me and if they don't there should be consequences! Viva my revolution!

What else could you expect from someone coming from a group of people that literally call themselves "weapons of stupid or deliberately foolish people," with undertones of radical state controlled fascism?

But seriously.

Restrictions=bad

Freedom=good

That is all.
Intar Medris
KarmaFleet University
#664 - 2014-06-20 11:50:39 UTC
Okay why punish the vast majority of players in NPC corps that follow the rules because of a select few. Maybe just maybe ISD needs to do its job. Shutting out players from the forum because of few trouble making alts isn't go to solve or even pit a band aid on the problem. Takes 20 mins to train the skills needed to start a one man corp. This is just more NPC corp player hate nothing more.

I try to be nice and mind my business just shooting lasers at rocks. There is just way too many asshats in New Eden for that to happen.

Fer'isam K'ahn
SAS Veterinarians
#665 - 2014-06-20 11:58:13 UTC
Dig Mangeiri wrote:
But seriously.

Restrictions=bad

Freedom=good

That is all.

Yes yes yes,

freedom from responsibility

freedom from consequences

freedom from considering

freedom fr...

oh , wait Shocked
Dig Mangeiri
#666 - 2014-06-20 12:47:27 UTC
Fer'isam K'ahn wrote:
Dig Mangeiri wrote:
But seriously.

Restrictions=bad

Freedom=good

That is all.

Yes yes yes,

freedom from considering

freedom fr...

oh , wait Shocked

Says someone from the comfort of anonymity provided by the Internet.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#667 - 2014-06-20 12:53:44 UTC
Dig Mangeiri wrote:
Fer'isam K'ahn wrote:
Dig Mangeiri wrote:
But seriously.

Restrictions=bad

Freedom=good

That is all.

Yes yes yes,

freedom from considering

freedom fr...

oh , wait Shocked

Yeah doxxing isn't cool so you want to get off of this thought train. The rest of you have to wait until I can get off this crappy phone.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Fer'isam K'ahn
SAS Veterinarians
#668 - 2014-06-20 13:13:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Fer'isam K'ahn
Dig Mangeiri wrote:
Dig Mangeiri wrote:
But seriously.
Restrictions=bad
Freedom=good
That is all.

Really ?
I noticed you love pumping out platitudes and strawmen arguments left and right as you go - but now you are just loving the sound of your own voice appearing knowledgeable and wise ...
I'll let you in on a secret ... [whisperes while everyone is staring at you)] its not, it's an illusion...!
Grobalobobob Bob
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#669 - 2014-06-20 13:18:58 UTC
"faceless" alts in forum, faceless alts in EVE. All the same to me.

It's a play style. Players use alts in game to avoid reprisal. Posters use alts in forum to avoid reprisal.

Simple solution is to put a cooldown on switching alts, in both game and forum. Play an alt, have to wait 24hrs to play your main. (Bit like jump clones). Make alt usage a bit more tactical rather than just switch and swap.
Hakaari Inkuran
State War Academy
Caldari State
#670 - 2014-06-20 13:27:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Hakaari Inkuran
Fer'isam K'ahn wrote:
Dig Mangeiri wrote:
Dig Mangeiri wrote:
But seriously.
Restrictions=bad
Freedom=good
That is all.

Really ?
I noticed you love pumping out platitudes and strawmen arguments left and right as you go - but now you are just loving the sound of your own voice appearing knowledgeable and wise ...
I'll let you in on a secret ... [whisperes while everyone is staring at you)] its not, it's an illusion...!

Are you RPing right now? You're on an internet forum.

The reprisals you expect and ask for are moderation action.
Fer'isam K'ahn
SAS Veterinarians
#671 - 2014-06-20 13:37:58 UTC
Hakaari Inkuran wrote:

Not sure what you are talking about here ? I was just responding to the rubbish former poster puts out all over the forum regardless of the threads content, and that is the way I responded to his platitudes not to the thread and forum moderation. Yes, could be considered a personal attack, but that's how I feel everytime a discussion is interrupted by some passerby having no clue what it is about but tempted to having to quote a fortune cookie, unrelated out of context and senseless.

My bad if I irritated anyone, well, you know, besides.. him.
Hakaari Inkuran
State War Academy
Caldari State
#672 - 2014-06-20 13:45:25 UTC
Fer'isam K'ahn wrote:
Hakaari Inkuran wrote:

Not sure what you are talking about here ? I was just responding to the rubbish former poster puts out all over the forum regardless of the threads content, and that is the way I responded to his platitudes not to the thread and forum moderation. Yes, could be considered a personal attack, but that's how I feel everytime a discussion is interrupted by some passerby having no clue what it is about but tempted to having to quote a fortune cookie, unrelated out of context and senseless.

The [actions] thing. Its like RPing.
Dig Mangeiri
#673 - 2014-06-20 14:15:51 UTC
Fer'isam K'ahn wrote:
Hakaari Inkuran wrote:

NEIN! you cannot have opinions! Think like me be like me!! We must all follow me!

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#674 - 2014-06-20 23:17:03 UTC
Mike Azariah wrote:
A lot of babies are going to get thrown out with that bathwater.

Being in an npc corp CAN be a playstyle, it is just not yours. Being in a 1 or 5 man corp, same thing. It is a choice that player made. While I fully support your right to not listen by clicking the little triangle next to my name and saying Block. I do not think this also gives us the right to block every new player, every forum alt, every damn person who decides to play a more personal game from also having a voice, such as it is.

CAOD made snese because to be talking about corps and alliances it kind of made sense to have to be in one. But would you say the same goes for 'Out of Pod'? How about Sisi feedback? How will you choose who has a right to speak and where?

no. not listening is fine. silencing preemptively is not.

m

So are you acknowledging that NPC corporations are not actual corporations? If that's the case they definitely do not deserve the same privileges enjoyed by player corporations.

I wander around all of the forums and aside from Sisi which I had forgotten about yes I think they should be excluded. It'd be CAOD rules so that means someone in a player corporation/alliance with 10+ members I'm not picking and choosing who exactly gets to speak but, setting a standard that must be met to post everywhere. The spirit of the idea is that NPC corporation members would be permitted to speak in essential forums like recruitment, new citizens and the bazaar. However because they are a disruptive force they would not be permitted elsewhere where their existence and participation is degrading the forum quality.

What ever happened to choices having meaning? Players choose to be a solo player so they forgo the advantages offered by having friends. Players choose to not meet the requirements to sit in a capital so they forgo the advantages granted by them. The same can be said of this suggestion, players choose to not meet the requirements to post everywhere so they may only post in essential areas.

If I could ignore by account the ignore button would be much more meaningful and useful. It makes intelligence gathering even easier than it already is but, it could be another part of the solution.

Ganking is also a play style but, I am not permitted to biomass and recreate my ganking characters after getting <-2.0 sec status. The forums are no different and with this suggestion a parallel will exist.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#675 - 2014-06-20 23:22:05 UTC
Maz Ngomo wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, the forums aren't actually part of the game EVE, they are an out of game resource and as such shouldn't be subject to the in-game rules or mentality. Blocking NPC corp characters from the forums would restrict them from asking legitimate questions or replying to issues others have been having that they might have a solution to. The idea that all NPC corp posters are trolls is a fallacy on par with the idea that all miners are bots.

People also need to take into account that a lot of us can't post with our mains due to being forbidden from posting on the forums when we join a corp or alliance. Many organisations have official public relations/diplomatic representatives who are the only ones entitled to speak for said organisation in the media. Some people think this is overly harsh, but to be honest it solves the organisation a lot of headaches and backlashes when people are drunk or stupid and log in with an attitude.

Personally I'd like to see a harsher system of punishment due to rules infringements on the forums applied by the moderators themselves. Maybe a 3-strike system that results in a posting ban for 3 months (or even permanently in severe cases). Not original admittedly, but it seems more fair to me than what is being suggested.

The bolded part has already been discussed at length in the thread and its been established that they are part of the game. If you want to go on at this point search my posts and address one of my prior points. NPC alt posters are an acknowledged problem that have been addressed in one sub forum via CAOD rules.

That is unfortunate but, much like other things in EVE evolution will eventually decide whether those sort of rules stick around or not. I know from reading C&P that sort of policy had caused a hilarious big problem for EVE University so time will tell if the iron posting curtains remain a feature. This could be a bonus because its another helpful way to screen out bad corporations.

I think you are accounted for in my OP then a lot of people like the idea of giving the ISDs more power and having harsher punishments for forum violations

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#676 - 2014-06-20 23:24:06 UTC
Tracy Smith wrote:
The solo PVE players outnumber the rest of the community by 4 to 1. I don't have the info on the proportion of those players who remain in their NPC corps but I'm going to assume it's the majority, or at least a significant minority. I hope CCP isn't dumb enough to deny access to their forums to such a large proportion of their customers.

Solo players also are far more likely to leave the game and such it's in CCP's best interest to encourage them to join player corporations. I wouldn't assume anything and the more advantages afforded to player corporations over npc corporations the better. Remember it could be far worse than this for NPC corporations we've had probably 40% of the posters in this thread advocating for their outright removal.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#677 - 2014-06-20 23:26:16 UTC
Hakaari Inkuran wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

No but the quality destroying behavior of the NPC alts is also you cannot remove what was never there in the first place.

You haven't demonstrated this to be the case adequately. Also your sentence doesn't make sense.

English is a second language? The sentence makes plenty of sense and I've already sited a change in the OP which shows it to be demonstrably true. However you have rarely supported/proved/performed a double-blind peer reviewed study to prove you were right for anything you've said.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#678 - 2014-06-20 23:27:27 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
God, just block these and be done with it. Do it like you do it ingame with scammers and spammers: Click -> Block Character/Hide posts and be done with it. Quick, easy and without and repercussions for anyone or any way to exploit/abuse a mechanic.

*shakes his head in utter disbelieve*

Once again if this blocked accounts that would work but, its real easy to kill a bunch of threads and do a whole bunch of trolling then recycle that alt. I can't fathom why this is allowed for the forums but, not allowed for ganking.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#679 - 2014-06-20 23:28:41 UTC
Dig Mangeiri wrote:
Rules, rules, rules. We need MORE rules! Let's limit people more! They should think like me and act like me and if they don't there should be consequences! Viva my revolution!

What else could you expect from someone coming from a group of people that literally call themselves "weapons of stupid or deliberately foolish people," with undertones of radical state controlled fascism?

But seriously.

Restrictions=bad

Freedom=good

That is all.

Try again without all of your goonspiracy and hyperbolic rage we don't need to see your gadsden flag either.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#680 - 2014-06-20 23:30:34 UTC
Intar Medris wrote:
Okay why punish the vast majority of players in NPC corps that follow the rules because of a select few. Maybe just maybe ISD needs to do its job. Shutting out players from the forum because of few trouble making alts isn't go to solve or even pit a band aid on the problem. Takes 20 mins to train the skills needed to start a one man corp. This is just more NPC corp player hate nothing more.

I don't know that part CCP acknowledged it was a problem and put in place CAOD rules. That problem has continued to exist in other forums so since we already have a gold standard for treating the problem we should use it. They are still permitted to read and post in essential areas so no one is shut out of the forums. Also it takes a 10+ man corporation rather than a 1 man corporation so that's not an issue either.