These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

How to turn off tool tips !

First post
Author
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#21 - 2014-05-13 14:10:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Seven Koskanaiken
So it's true, the loot spew could get worse...
ForceM
POS Builder Inc.
#22 - 2014-05-13 14:12:11 UTC
MY EYES .. they bleed!!!!!!!!!!!

in all seriousness ... let us at least turn it off cause its annoying as f....
Sandy Scott
Ave Tenebrae
#23 - 2014-05-13 14:13:12 UTC
DarklordKarn wrote:
Remember that talking paper clip from MsWord, this is like that, but MORE annoying....

Exactly!

The tooltip on links in a channel is now so big that you have to keep moving the mouse away after scrolling up or down a bit because so much of the preceding line becomes hidden.
Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#24 - 2014-05-13 14:14:58 UTC
I had been wondering what the Dev who designed the captains quarters has been doing since that ship sunk.

Reduced screen functionality, check.
Extra lagging of controls, check.

As soon as we have a graphics card scream in outrage, we'll know its the same guy for sure.
David Gradivus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#25 - 2014-05-13 14:19:15 UTC
Option to turn off or removal of new tooltips

Also CCP need to get someone with a more critical eye to look at changes before they come through
Solecist Project
#26 - 2014-05-13 14:20:39 UTC
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
But, but... think about newbies!

While I'm fully aware you were using a hefty amount of sarcasm, I should point out that helping new players by irrevocably pissing off everyone else is only a good idea to people like Ripard Teg.

But you know that according to metrics revealed at Fanfest NPE session by CCP Rise those who stay in Eve are maybe 10% of all who ever tried it. So pissing small percentage of population off is small price to pay when valuable majority is in dire need of such improvements.

Twisted

CCP has no clue at what the **** they are doing sometimes...

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Lisa Gentilette
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2014-05-13 14:21:01 UTC
David Gradivus wrote:
Option to turn off or removal of new tooltips

Also CCP need to get someone with a more critical eye to look at changes before they come through

Like uhm, us players?

Makes me wonder was this on SISI?
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#28 - 2014-05-13 14:21:21 UTC
They really should add customizability to this. Turning on/off categories of tooltips, defining delay, modifying position, modifying transparency, etc.
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#29 - 2014-05-13 14:21:31 UTC
Can somebody tweet something to somebody or something?
Because I don't think they are aware what they did to UI today.

Invalid signature format

Joshua Foiritain
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#30 - 2014-05-13 14:22:41 UTC
Aurum Fodiens wrote:
Use SiSi to implement changes like this before dumping them in our laps please, CCP.

That is what SiSi is for.. not just so people can burn down free boats.

The tooltips pop up where you don´t want them to.. with information you don´t need.

Please code in an option to to disable them.. and just plain disable them until that is possible.

Its been on SISI for weeks, maybe you should have tested them and provided feedback? Roll

The Coreli Corporation is recruiting.

Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#31 - 2014-05-13 14:23:54 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
They really should add customizability to this. Turning on/off categories of tooltips, defining delay, modifying position, modifying transparency, etc.

A CCP dev has already stated a firm commitment to less UI customization. They want it informative and cluttered.
Lisa Gentilette
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2014-05-13 14:33:14 UTC
Joshua Foiritain wrote:
Aurum Fodiens wrote:
Use SiSi to implement changes like this before dumping them in our laps please, CCP.

The tooltips pop up where you don´t want them to.. with information you don´t need.

Please code in an option to to disable them.. and just plain disable them until that is possible.

Its been on SISI for weeks, maybe you should have tested them and provided feedback? Roll

Yah, you're right in some way.

Then again, some of us have other things at hand then testing and getting updated at whatever is new at SISI.
So for those (and that are a lot of players), these chances come as a big whopping surprise from no-where.

How could we fix this?

I mean I'm not liking what I'm seeing, if I had known before I might had taken a look.

Arrow In the past we had a drawing board page, it was removed though. How about a simple rss page with what's new on SISI TODAY page?

Lisa Gentilette
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2014-05-13 14:34:49 UTC
Domanique Altares wrote:
Abrazzar wrote:

A CCP dev has already stated a firm commitment to less UI customization. They want it informative and cluttered.

Link please.
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#34 - 2014-05-13 14:54:18 UTC
Lisa Gentilette wrote:
Domanique Altares wrote:
Abrazzar wrote:

Link please.

Find it yourself.

You'll need to dig through the ****-show of threadnaughts from the probe scanner UI overhaul. Good luck.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2014-05-13 14:55:25 UTC
You slackers... I'm already warping to the monument.
Schmata Bastanold
In Boobiez We Trust
#36 - 2014-05-13 14:58:09 UTC
Which one? :)

Invalid signature format

Jered Hakaaros
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#37 - 2014-05-13 14:59:20 UTC
Tooltips are fine and all if you have the option to turn them OFF, but seriously, the tooltipps for the scatter containers are really a pain, and should be reset to their original state immediately.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2014-05-13 15:01:17 UTC
I think they system's called Jita or something. ;)
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#39 - 2014-05-13 15:02:53 UTC
I just did a data site and you actually managed to make loot spew EVEN MORE HORRIBLE!
GAH!
Aurum Fodiens
The Fated
#40 - 2014-05-13 16:01:15 UTC
Joshua Foiritain wrote:
Aurum Fodiens wrote:

I don´t use SiSi, I don´t fancy playing pretend EVE.

But point taken..

Shame on an egger playin´ a game on an egger.. you SiSi-goers should have cried bloody mayhem and called shenanigans weeks ago then..
Previous page123Next page