These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

[Discussion] Needing to anchor things around celestial bodies.

Author
Lisa Gentilette
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2014-05-14 12:30:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Lisa Gentilette
Marlona Sky wrote:
What is the big deal about adding more moons? If someone wants to build a home somewhere, why not? It still can be attacked and all. I'm being serious. Why the outrage?

Well, my mains pos got killed by mercs because someone else wanted that spot.
Adding even more moons will make that unnecessary in the future.

Good god, a conflict game thats removing points of conflict, can I have tooltip for that?
Reiisha
#42 - 2014-05-14 13:26:53 UTC
Joshua Foiritain wrote:
Loraine Gess wrote:
In fact, the current number of moons should be decreased.

this tbh.

Actually, moons should deplete after a while, and replenish over time - Just like asteroid belts. However, there's one caveat: Moon materials should migrate and not stay on the same moon. Once it's mined dry you have to find another moon which carries this specific material. Replenishment does not start untill the moon is empty, after which a new material may take the place of the old one, to prevent abusing this mechanic.

In return, the amount mined should be raised, to maintain the market balance somewhat. However, this would make for some more wars over territory, making it far more meaningful than it is now.

This also means the number of moons should stay the same - Too many moons means no incentive to attack others, since you can always get your own.

Edit: First time in 11 years i got post #42.

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Previous page123