These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Is trolling miners becoming less cool?

Author
Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#21 - 2014-05-09 12:29:50 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
Being a self hating miner is the new "in" thing. Nowadays I just take a big swig straight out of the bottle, fire up an alt in a Catalyst and blow my own Venture up.

The only thing you have to worry about is that moment when you outsmart yourself by fitting a bit of tank you never expected yourself to have.

That's the point where you had better stop drinking and consider you might need help.
Tar'z
Doomheim
#22 - 2014-05-09 12:30:46 UTC
It would seem a large percentage of posters I have smack talked in the past few days have found their way into my thread.

Welcome! None of you are at all butthurt.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2014-05-09 12:31:05 UTC
On a more serious note:

I never really much cared for suicide ganking. Did it a few times, but it just didn't do anything for me. I've considered getting into ganking mission runners as a potential source of income.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Kristalll
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2014-05-09 12:31:09 UTC
Zappity wrote:
It's just the rhetoric around it that is becoming stale.

Well, we would hope the miners would eventually adapt to do something to make content.

And to OPs question of why miners get the brunt of it whiel there are others afk out there: miners just sit in an easily warpable location and do nothing. The amount of effort in finding a miner capable of being ganked is astronomically low.

“Die trying” is the proudest human thing.

Spurty
#25 - 2014-05-09 12:33:43 UTC
Recent information appears to show that "mining" is bigger than pvp

More take part in this activity than any other.

It's getting a huge investment of love (update) as these people are the majority.

Also curious if they aren't swinging around to the dark side and grabbing barges themselves.

I imagine there is some degree of feeling crestfallen influencing that convo.

Some play eve as they are narcissistic an desire being in the news.

Who's the biggest narcissus around here again?

Yupe same group.

Hope they can do so etching big soon though. Eve needs a headline about 50 titans exploding to draw in some more fresh blood.

Hearing 8bill of rocks were mined isn't as catchy as 8trill in ships exploded.

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2014-05-09 12:35:42 UTC
Spurty wrote:

What recent information? The Gecko event?

I'd like to know how arbitrary goals for an event demonstrate in any way whether more mining is done than PVP.

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#27 - 2014-05-09 12:36:49 UTC
Spurty wrote:

More take part in this activity than any other.

bots don't count.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#28 - 2014-05-09 12:37:52 UTC
an npc character claiming he has a spy alt

lawl

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#29 - 2014-05-09 12:56:24 UTC
Tar'z wrote:
While I do not object to that in itself, I always wondered why miners got the brunt end of it while mission runners, haulers, PIers, manufacturers, and scores of other AFK income activities are largely ignored.

Principle of least resistance. Miners are sitting out in space, without any accelleration gates (missions), without being on-grid for just a few seconds a week (PI), without being docked 99% of the time (manufacturing). They get the brunt end because they are so available most of the time and cost the least effort to gank.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#30 - 2014-05-09 13:20:45 UTC
Aralyn Cormallen wrote:
Sibyyl wrote:
Being a self hating miner is the new "in" thing. Nowadays I just take a big swig straight out of the bottle, fire up an alt in a Catalyst and blow my own Venture up.

The only thing you have to worry about is that moment when you outsmart yourself by fitting a bit of tank you never expected yourself to have.

That's the point where you had better stop drinking and consider you might need help.

this is now a widot fail thread?

or something like that ...

Seriously though -- things ebb and flow. we'll be done seeing people talking about CODE(dot) et. al. through the summer (probably), and then it'll pick up again in the fall.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#31 - 2014-05-09 13:43:47 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
I've never understood ganking miners, personally. mining ships are fit with things that aren't very lucrative when they drop and the tears are no different than anyone else's.

i get ganking mission runners in their blinged out ships, or freighters carrying too much cargo... but miners? ok.
unless miner tears cure cancer or something...

Ganking miners on an industrial scale used to make a fair profit on investment. With the barge buffs this lessoned but by that pointwe had moved on to the much more profitable frieghter ganking. An activity that is about the get even more profitable and easy I might add.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2014-05-09 13:50:02 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Dreadchain wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
I've never understood ganking miners, personally. mining ships are fit with things that aren't very lucrative when they drop and the tears are no different than anyone else's.

Oh, but miner tears ARE much better. About 1 out of 3 miners will throw profanities at you, and maybe 1 in 20 will call real life death threats. The latter is a bit intimidating on the occasion, but mostly they are a hilarious read.

i guess i don't have the patience to wait around for them to get back to their keyboards to send me hate mail. *shrug*

You're doing it wrong then, miner ganking is for when you are in a dry spell with awoxing and you do it in bulk for the best variety of hilarious mails.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Solecist Project's Alt
Doomheim
#33 - 2014-05-09 13:53:09 UTC
*sips orange juice*
Solecist Project's Alt
Doomheim
#34 - 2014-05-09 13:54:14 UTC
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
Tar'z wrote:
While I do not object to that in itself, I always wondered why miners got the brunt end of it while mission runners, haulers, PIers, manufacturers, and scores of other AFK income activities are largely ignored.

Principle of least resistance. Miners are sitting out in space, without any accelleration gates (missions), without being on-grid for just a few seconds a week (PI), without being docked 99% of the time (manufacturing). They get the brunt end because they are so available most of the time and cost the least effort to gank.

It's the lowest hanging fruit on the victim side,
for the lowest hanging fruit on the ganker side.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2014-05-09 13:55:14 UTC
Solecist Project's Alt wrote:
*sips orange juice*

When I was a teenager I posted on this forum that's now long dead.
I had a thing for a while where if I had nothing to say on a topic I'd post a picture of a rubber duck. The same picture each time.
You remind me of that.

Solecist Project's Alt
Doomheim
#36 - 2014-05-09 14:01:58 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
*sips orange juice*

When I was a teenager I posted on this forum that's now long dead.
I had a thing for a while where if I had nothing to say on a topic I'd post a picture of a rubber duck. The same picture each time.
You remind me of that.

Hahahahahaha xD

Unlike you though, I really sip what I am writing.
It means I'm reading the thread.
Sometimes it also means that I'm reporting the **** out of somebody.

I think there's a roleplaying side that started to shine through.

I guess it makes no sense, but it doesn't really hurt. :)
Dr0000 Maulerant
Union Nanide and Tooling
#37 - 2014-05-09 14:06:48 UTC
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
Tar'z wrote:

It's the lowest hanging fruit on the victim side,
for the lowest hanging fruit on the ganker side.

Not even slightly true, in fact if logic values were cyclical your statement would be so false as to approach truth.

Tell me again about how every playstyle you dont engage in "doesn't require any effort" and everyone who does it needs to die in a fire. Be sure to mention about how you tried it once but it was too easy/boring/ethnic-homophobic slur. 

KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2014-05-09 14:19:56 UTC
Confirming that The New Order and CODE. come off as 12 year old white kids trying to act gangsta.

Seriously, that analogy pretty much sums up the image I have of them.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Josef Djugashvilis
#39 - 2014-05-09 14:25:46 UTC
I believe folk should do whatever they want in the game, but I do remember when I first came to Eve, ganking miners was considered by 'real pvp' folk to be the lowest of the low.

Still, fashions change I suppose.

This is not a signature.

Dave Stark
#40 - 2014-05-09 14:27:51 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
An activity that is about the get even more profitable and easy I might add.

they were warned about wanting fitting slots on freighters.