These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

Thoughts on GOON Manipulation of T2 BPOs

First post
Author
Josephine Vera
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-05-05 16:31:29 UTC
Just came back to eve for the summer changes. Was watching the streams and reading reports. Before starting, I am one of the original T2 BPO owners in 2003 but have since sold them over the years and now retired with most of my time in pvp Pirate

Found one that really stood out: http://themittani.com/news/fanfest-industry-panel-discussion

Apparently there was nothing worth noting by any CCP representative regarding t2 bpos in the stream but this site which is written by a Goon has been unusually enthusiastic in reporting about it and phrasing it in such a way that it will be removed soon. Their CSM representative was also looking forward to it very much Shocked

While looking through the forums, I noticed several characters posting with the intention of destabilizing T2 BPO prices on every T2 BPO thread. Examples:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=342071&find=unread
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=342035&find=unread

Most of which can be traced to a Goon Main or used in a Goon scam before.

I was surprised as obviously the biggest losers in this T2 BPO removal would be Goons as it is no surprise that they hold some of the largest amounts of t2 bpos in existence. However, they seem extremely supportive of the removal BUT there has been no liquadation of t2 bpos done by Goons Blink

It is obvious that their main intention is to scare the wider public into dumping their t2 bpos and buying up at dirt cheap prices while knowing that the removal of t2 bpos will likely never happen.

Thoughts?
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#2 - 2014-05-05 16:35:21 UTC
Josephine Vera wrote:


Thoughts?



Grr, Goons.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Elmore Jones
Orange Street
#3 - 2014-05-05 17:27:31 UTC
Well if you're daft enough to sell you t2 bpo's cheap on the basis of another players forum post, you deserve to get gooned :P

+++ Reality Error 404 - Reboot Cosmos +++

Haffsol
#4 - 2014-05-05 17:33:16 UTC
Quote:
Thoughts?

Paranoia? Is just a word but for some people it's a problem.
POS Guardian1
Saints Among Sinners
Executive Outcomes
#5 - 2014-05-05 17:42:20 UTC
This all crops up from the industry round table, where an audience member whines/cries that his recently bought T2 BOP is now worth 10bil less with the summer patch changes.

To which a dev responds saying that when buying T2 BPO's you have to take into account any future changes to the game that will affect the price - buyer beware and all that. He then continues to say that T2 BPOs are a problem and that they are working on a way to phase said problem out.

I took that to mean to slowly nerf T2 BPOs till they are no longer a problem and are no better than invention/T2 BPCs. So long term T2 BPOs are probably going in a meaningful sense. What was missing was the time scale, so could be a year could be five.

Risk/Reward
Falin Whalen
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2014-05-05 17:56:42 UTC
O Fortuna
velut luna
statu variabilis,
semper crescis
aut decrescis;
vita detestabilis
nunc obdurat
et tunc curat
ludo mentis aciem,
egestatem,
potestatem
dissolvit ut glaciem.

Sors immanis
et inanis,
rota tu volubilis,
status malus,
vana salus
semper dissolubilis,
obumbrata
et velata
michi quoque niteris;
nunc per ludum
dorsum nudum
fero tui sceleris.

Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Querns
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2014-05-05 19:05:26 UTC
Falin Whalen wrote:
O Fortuna
velut luna
statu variabilis,
semper crescis
aut decrescis;
vita detestabilis
nunc obdurat
et tunc curat
ludo mentis aciem,
egestatem,
potestatem
dissolvit ut glaciem.

Sors immanis
et inanis,
rota tu volubilis,
status malus,
vana salus
semper dissolubilis,
obumbrata
et velata
michi quoque niteris;
nunc per ludum
dorsum nudum
fero tui sceleris.

Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!


Overrated. In Taberna Quando Sumus is a much better piece.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Querns
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2014-05-05 19:06:55 UTC
In thread related news, one might remember that we were also on the forefront of the media push to get Technetium nerfed, despite being the game's largest holder of said moons at the time.

it's almost like we argue from a position of objective game balance instead of for what lines our pockets.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#9 - 2014-05-05 19:29:32 UTC
Thanks to the Goons I made ISK on Tc. However, I'd be a trillionaire several times over had I invested in Sn.
Ginger Barbarella
#10 - 2014-05-05 20:59:42 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Josephine Vera wrote:


Thoughts?



Grr, Goons.


This.

Even I don't like goonies, but seriously... Let it go.

"Blow it all on Quafe and strippers." --- Sorlac

xPredat0rz
Grey Templars
Initiative Mercenaries
#11 - 2014-05-06 01:53:31 UTC
Long story short we have a history of pushing to balence things. Sometimes we have to abuse the **** out of something to get the point across(Tech, Drone Assist)

Think of it this way. The only reason most of said T2 BPOs exist is because they were gifted to BOB/IT by their pocket dev. Eventually they have to disappear. So if you go out and pay tens of billions of isk on something you may not see a return investment on thats on you the buyer.

Good example would be when High Sec carriers could be bought. The only way to get one their is either by reimbursement or if they were there before the changes. When carriers were 600m to build these high sec ones would sell for up to 10b isk just to have a carrier in high sec. Now you cant sell them and their value is hull cost when you move it to low/null. Those people got nothing special to reimburse them. You make stupid investments you suffer.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#12 - 2014-05-06 02:52:05 UTC
Querns wrote:
In thread related news, one might remember that we were also on the forefront of the media push to get Technetium nerfed, despite being the game's largest holder of said moons at the time.

it's almost like we argue from a position of objective game balance instead of for what lines our pockets.

Of course, you had made a bundle off them, then used that bundle to gain dominance of all the R64's instead when Tech got nerfed, giving you even greater dominance over EVE & the Tech 2 markets resource supply.
So the 'Tech' nerf argument really isn't a strong argument since it getting Nerfed actually benefited the CFC.
Gh0stBust3rs
Destruction and Pacification Services
#13 - 2014-05-06 03:19:58 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Querns wrote:
In thread related news, one might remember that we were also on the forefront of the media push to get Technetium nerfed, despite being the game's largest holder of said moons at the time.

it's almost like we argue from a position of objective game balance instead of for what lines our pockets.

Of course, you had made a bundle off them, then used that bundle to gain dominance of all the R64's instead when Tech got nerfed, giving you even greater dominance over EVE & the Tech 2 markets resource supply.
So the 'Tech' nerf argument really isn't a strong argument since it getting Nerfed actually benefited the CFC.



Your forgetting the fact they had to grind 2 regions worth of space to secure the new income stream. With that means replacing losses. paying for fuel, towers, sbus, tcus, ihubs.

Regions cost a fair penny to take over. One of the reason its not really newbie friendly to take sov.
Loraine Gess
Confedeferate Union of Tax Legalists
#14 - 2014-05-06 03:25:48 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Querns wrote:
In thread related news, one might remember that we were also on the forefront of the media push to get Technetium nerfed, despite being the game's largest holder of said moons at the time.

it's almost like we argue from a position of objective game balance instead of for what lines our pockets.

Of course, you had made a bundle off them, then used that bundle to gain dominance of all the R64's instead when Tech got nerfed, giving you even greater dominance over EVE & the Tech 2 markets resource supply.
So the 'Tech' nerf argument really isn't a strong argument since it getting Nerfed actually benefited the CFC.




So they shot themselves in the foot... so they could continue the status quo?


I'd like some of what you're smoking.
Otti Ottig
Hesso Business
#15 - 2014-05-06 05:25:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Otti Ottig
FCON wrote:
Long story short we have a history of pushing to balence things.

wrong.

xPredat0rz wrote:

Think of it this way. The only reason most of said T2 BPOs exist is because they were gifted to BOB/IT by their pocket dev.

super wrong.

in a logical approach:
simply removing something is not a problem/requires time to do, so if that or something like that would be the plan it would have been done 10 years ago when most of the T2 BPO's weren't bought but won. while talking about that topic, he might had just thoughts about a nerf that compensates the upcoming T2 BPO boost in the end. making T2 BPO's meaningless/removing has not even been hinted as far I read the quotes. Let's see when it's all on youtube.
xPredat0rz
Grey Templars
Initiative Mercenaries
#16 - 2014-05-06 06:11:27 UTC  |  Edited by: xPredat0rz
Otti Ottig wrote:
wrong.


So we didnt completely switch to a drone assist doctrine to prove how insanely overpowered it was? Could have fooled me. Face it in fountain we fought against drone assist fleets and won because of the CFC's ability to utilize combine arms. We have some of the best Bomber FCs in the game. We won our fights so drone assist didnt look that bad. So we fielded our own drone assist fleets to abuse the mechanics of it until it showed CCP that it was completely broke. Now you cant slave 1000 drones to 1 person.

xPredat0rz wrote:

Think of it this way. The only reason most of said T2 BPOs exist is because they were gifted to BOB/IT by their pocket dev.

Otti Ottig wrote:
super wrong.

in a logical approach:
simply removing something is not a problem/requires time to do, so if that or something like that would be the plan it would have been done 10 years ago when most of the T2 BPO's weren't bought but won. while talking about that topic, he might had just thoughts about a nerf that compensates the upcoming T2 BPO boost in the end. making T2 BPO's meaningless/removing has not even been hinted as far I read the quotes. Let's see when it's all on youtube.


Because of course BOB/IT didnt get T2 BPOs magically dropped into their hangers. It didnt get a dev fired or spawn the internal affairs division to prevent something like that happening again.

T2 BPOs will probably get nerfed/removed at some point... The income level for them is inbalanced when comepared to the bpcs everyone else has to work off of.
Otti Ottig
Hesso Business
#17 - 2014-05-06 07:15:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Otti Ottig
xPredat0rz wrote:

Because of course BOB/IT didnt get T2 BPOs magically dropped into their hangers. It didnt get a dev fired or spawn the internal affairs division to prevent something like that happening again.

if u could just stop talking about stuff u have been told wrong or/and haven't understood.

some individuals (while member of BOB), (not IT) did recieve illegal information by a Eve DEV when a few T2 BPO's would come up in a random Lottery. so the only advantage was that they knew when to buy the tickets. with "a few" I'm talking of 12-15ish of over 3000 legally seeded BPO's

xPredat0rz wrote:

The income level for them is inbalanced when comepared to ...

...what they cost, indeed. That's probably why they are definitely boosting T2 BPO's for nowCool

xPredat0rz wrote:

T2 BPOs will probably get nerfed/removed at some point

they will infact probably get removed for the last 9 years, but keep it up!

xPredat0rz wrote:
Otti Ottig wrote:
wrong.


So we didnt completely switch to a drone assist doctrine to prove how insanely overpowered it was? Could have fooled me.


my bad, I forgot for a second that FCON is allowed to call themselves CFC tooBig smile
Big Lynx
#18 - 2014-05-06 07:34:23 UTC
My point of view is rather giving them T2 BPOs more a boost than a nerf.Cool

Goons is talking **** (like always)
Victoria Sin
Doomheim
#19 - 2014-05-06 12:05:35 UTC
Josephine Vera wrote:

It is obvious that their main intention is to scare the wider public into dumping their t2 bpos and buying up at dirt cheap prices while knowing that the removal of t2 bpos will likely never happen.
Thoughts?


How do we know you aren't trying to keep the value of your BPOs up by posting this, regardless of whether Goons are intentionally doing it or not?

Trust noone.
Otin Bison
Bison Industrial Inc
#20 - 2014-05-06 13:16:47 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Josephine Vera wrote:


Thoughts?



Grr, Goons.


dang, beat me to it Smile
123Next pageLast page