These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Some EVE players can not separate themselves from the game.

First post First post First post
Author
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#281 - 2014-05-05 04:38:19 UTC
Cygnet Lythanea wrote:
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Some even said he tortures chia pets.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#282 - 2014-05-05 04:39:38 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
No, not at all.

I was saying, it's difficult to judge the person who did this without the facts, even though we can all hate the act and see permanent ban as the appropriate outcome.

People do stupid and dumb things. Even people who later regret their actions. Calling the person scum, etc. doesn't serve much purpose.


yo let's not pretend that the guy who did this was doing it in protest of being listed alongside somebody merely rumored to have done a bad after choosing to gloat about it on twitter

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#283 - 2014-05-05 04:43:14 UTC
Yeah, the twitter message wasn't exactly "you did something despicable and this is my revenge," just more of "we don't like you and I thought this would be funny."

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Doreen Kaundur
#284 - 2014-05-05 04:43:36 UTC
TL;DR : People suck.

[center]1. Minor navigation color change. 2. Show bookmarks in the overview.[/center]

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#285 - 2014-05-05 04:47:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Andski wrote:
yo let's not pretend that the guy who did this was doing it in protest of being listed alongside somebody merely rumored to have done a bad after choosing to gloat about it on twitter


Yo, I'm not pretending anything, but neither am I presuming anything about the person, even though I hope they are identified, banned and costs to repair the monument are recovered from them.

They could very well be... ah who cares. Take my statements however you like. Extreme judgements in our community help fuel controversy.

It was clearly a Goon and you are all the same. End of/.
Gevlon Goblin
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#286 - 2014-05-05 04:54:59 UTC
I've never used twitter or referred to it from my blog.

I haven't been in Fanfest, and CCP could see that I logged in my usual times, doing my usual things all weekend from my usual IP (Hungary, 2000km away).

Who is Xenuria?

My blog: greedygoblin.blogspot.com

Garia666
CyberShield Inc
HYDRA RELOADED
#287 - 2014-05-05 04:55:24 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
We're well aware of this, and are dealing with the situation as we speak.

Frankly, on a personal note, I find this absolutely disgusting and completely detrimental to the EVE Community's close knit spirit.

We'll have more information tomorrow afternoon/evening regarding this.

Really sorry that this has happened guys Sad




I think you are very ignorant if you didn't expect something like this to happen.

ppl destroy wwII monuments, graves, any other monument.. now you can harm the name you dislike.

what do you expect..

Josef Djugashvilis
#288 - 2014-05-05 04:55:53 UTC
Andski wrote:
hisec needs another good flogging from the looks of it


This is one of my favourite things about goons, whatever happens, their collective ego demands that they put themselves at the centre of it.

This is not a signature.

Cygnet Lythanea
World Welfare Works Association
#289 - 2014-05-05 05:01:08 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:

It was clearly a Goon and you are all the same. End of/.


IF it did turn out to be a goon, the forum would probably break from all the sudden 180's from posters.
Lady Areola Fappington
#290 - 2014-05-05 05:04:15 UTC
This is kind of sad. Leave the game in game, and don't be a twit RL.

CCP, I'd recommend you guys seal the surface of those name plates with some big sheets of clear plexiglass or equiv. Pretty sure a clear sheet of plastic will be cheaper to replace than one of those name plates, the next time one of the mental midgets gets a Bright Idea.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#291 - 2014-05-05 05:06:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Cygnet Lythanea wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

It was clearly a Goon and you are all the same. End of/.


IF it did turn out to be a goon, the forum would probably break from all the sudden 180's from posters.

As long as you were able to recognise that my remark was sarcastic, then sure, I totally agree - though the actions of a single person don't reflect on the character or actions of the group as a whole.

However, if you thought that was a statement of my true opinion. It wasn't.
Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#292 - 2014-05-05 05:11:05 UTC
Wow, that is... kinda shameful... and worrisome. What?

I mean, I myself often joke about the fact that EVE is a cestpool of villany, a playground for sociopaths, and all that, but I actually didn't believe people would be like that IRL, be they Goons, NO or whatever group/mindset ingame...

Sad... Sad

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Cygnet Lythanea
World Welfare Works Association
#293 - 2014-05-05 05:19:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Cygnet Lythanea
Scipio Artelius wrote:

As long as you were able to recognise that my remark was sarcastic, then sure, I totally agree - though the actions of a single person don't reflect on the character or actions of the group as a whole.

However, if you thought that was a statement of my true opinion. It wasn't.




I'm aware it was sarcasm, however, mine wasn't.

The typical reaction would be to abruptly close ranks and keep repeating the official alliance line, whatever it might be, and to troll anyone who pointed out that they had just been screaming for the culprits blood. There might be an apology trotted out and the person involved might quietly be demoted or tossed from the alliance.

This would not even be unique to goons. Just about every alliance in game more or less responds the same way.

It would be hilarious if it was though. I'd love to watch all of them suddenly backpedal when their bosses jerk the leash.


Shalua Rui wrote:
Wow, that is... kinda shameful... and worrisome. What?

I mean, I myself often joke about the fact that EVE is a cestpool of villany, a playground for sociopaths, and all that, but I actually didn't believe people would be like that IRL, be they Goons, NO or whatever group/mindset ingame...

Sad... Sad



You have to understand that the internet is all the garbage under the skin of civility that society forces on people. If you want to see how people really are, what really goes on in their heads, without an inhibition, look around these forums.

I'd have no problem believing someone would totally demolish the monument. Because that's who some of our fellow players really are when you get down to it.
Shurgin Ambraelle
Vagrants Against Gankers In Null Alliances
Single Mother Support Squad
#294 - 2014-05-05 05:31:02 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
I've never used twitter or referred to it from my blog.

I haven't been in Fanfest, and CCP could see that I logged in my usual times, doing my usual things all weekend from my usual IP (Hungary, 2000km away).

Who is Xenuria?


Gevlon Thank you for actually posting in this thread. Obviously innocent until proven guilty is the case here and like some people I have made a snap judgement on this. If you did not do this then I hope they find who did as this is slander to you. Either way I forsee someone getting banned.

Place your bets on where they were from.

The Biggest FUCer of them all!! RL COMES 1ST!!

-The Gene Pool Could Use a Little Chlorine!! Proud Member of InPanic!!

Shurgin Ambraelle
Vagrants Against Gankers In Null Alliances
Single Mother Support Squad
#295 - 2014-05-05 05:32:52 UTC
Shurgin Ambraelle wrote:
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
I've never used twitter or referred to it from my blog.

I haven't been in Fanfest, and CCP could see that I logged in my usual times, doing my usual things all weekend from my usual IP (Hungary, 2000km away).

Who is Xenuria?


Gevlon Thank you for actually posting in this thread. Obviously innocent until proven guilty is the case here and like some people I have made a snap judgement on this. If you did not do this then I hope they find who did as this is slander to you. Either way I forsee someone getting banned.

Place your bets on where they were from.


DO you have an alt Gevlon? I saw Gevlon and Gevlon Goblin.

The Biggest FUCer of them all!! RL COMES 1ST!!

-The Gene Pool Could Use a Little Chlorine!! Proud Member of InPanic!!

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#296 - 2014-05-05 05:36:24 UTC
Cygnet Lythanea wrote:
I'm aware it was sarcasm, however, mine wasn't.

The typical reaction would be to abruptly close ranks and keep repeating the official alliance line, whatever it might be, and to troll anyone who pointed out that they had just been screaming for the culprits blood. There might be an apology trotted out and the person involved might quietly be demoted or tossed from the alliance.

This would not even be unique to goons. Just about every alliance in game more or less responds the same way.

It would be hilarious if it was though. I'd love to watch all of them suddenly backpedal when their bosses jerk the leash.


yeah no this isn't actually true

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#297 - 2014-05-05 05:43:02 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Cygnet, you forget that we weren't so shy about casting someone else out.
Someone who was so recently involved in a scandal of their own.
Or maybe you didn't realize that Erotica 1 was also beancounter jaynara who was in GSF until he bragged about his little games and got himself ejected from the CFC. There was never a point where anyone tried to hide that he had been in GSF, in fact quite the opposite.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Oxide Ammar
#298 - 2014-05-05 06:08:56 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
We're well aware of this, and are dealing with the situation as we speak.

Frankly, on a personal note, I find this absolutely disgusting and completely detrimental to the EVE Community's close knit spirit.

We'll have more information tomorrow afternoon/evening regarding this.

Really sorry that this has happened guys Sad



What did you really expect ? you lured all psychopaths and lunatics in one sand box MMO game..you were expecting ppl shooting roses at each other ?

Lady Areola Fappington:  Solo PVP isn't dead!  You just need to make sure you have your booster, remote rep, cyno, and emergency Falcon alts logged in and ready before you do any solo PVPing.

Shalua Rui
Rui Freelance Mining
#299 - 2014-05-05 06:15:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Shalua Rui
Oxide Ammar wrote:
What did you really expect ? you lured all psychopaths and lunatics in one sand box MMO game..you were expecting ppl shooting roses at each other ?

Not an invalid argument, CCP has made it abundantly clear what types of players they are trying to attract, but still: It's a GAME...

"ginger forum goddess, space gypsy and stone nibbler extraordinaire!" Shalua Rui - CEO and founder of Rui Freelance Mining (RFLM)

Oxide Ammar
#300 - 2014-05-05 06:25:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Oxide Ammar
CCP Falcon wrote:
Amarr Citizen 1312151005 wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Shurgin Ambraelle wrote:
Solecist Project's Alt wrote:
Is there any proof it was actually him?



CCP Falcon posted about this on Page 2 confirming


Please don't put words in my mouth, I didn't confirm that it was him.

What I can confirm is that the monument has indeed been vandalized, and we're looking into what action we can take, once we confirm who is responsible.

Smile

Is it something that can be / will be repaired?


Yeah, but we'll have to replace the plate that the name is on, most likely.

We're looking into it at present, more details when I have them Smile



Make sure to manufacture extra copies of the name plates, expect this to be vandalism every Fanfest when someone wants to take revenge in childish way like this.

Lady Areola Fappington:  Solo PVP isn't dead!  You just need to make sure you have your booster, remote rep, cyno, and emergency Falcon alts logged in and ready before you do any solo PVPing.