These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Some EVE players can not separate themselves from the game.

First post First post First post
Author
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#241 - 2014-05-05 00:47:35 UTC
hisec needs another good flogging from the looks of it

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Adunh Slavy
#242 - 2014-05-05 00:53:12 UTC
Stop blaming Goons, they are too busy subvertig civil order in the Crimea.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#243 - 2014-05-05 00:57:01 UTC

You guys...

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Locke DieDrake
State War Academy
Caldari State
#244 - 2014-05-05 01:02:26 UTC
Disgraceful.

CCP I believe i speak for most of the community on this. Bring the hammer down. Everything you can do to the responsible parties, do.
London
Center for Advanced Studies
#245 - 2014-05-05 01:16:34 UTC
So much for a 'mature' player base, I can't believe someone would do something like that and brag about it. Completely disgusting, ban that player for life.


Blastcaps Madullier
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#246 - 2014-05-05 01:30:25 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

OP: Some EVE players can not separate them self from the game.


Themselves.


Thats been shown in the past unfort, like a certain incident involving a titan pilot and power cables...
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#247 - 2014-05-05 01:31:22 UTC
Why do people take this monument so seriously?

Do they take it personally that the name they typed in for their pixels is somewhere in the real world? Is that a source of pride to some people? If so, wat.
Xavier Higdon
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#248 - 2014-05-05 01:38:44 UTC
Cygnet Lythanea wrote:
Abrazzar wrote:

What country are you from?


Seneca Nation of Indians.


Hello! I thought I was the only Haudenosaunee playing EvE Online! Please stop grring at goons, though, as it gives me and potentially ones of other Iroquois players a bad name. And if you actually live on Seneca lands, then you should be well aware that regardless of the number of treaties the US government might need to break in order to impugn our Sovereignty, they'll do it, so asking them might not be too good of an idea to back up our claim that we are a confederacy of free nations.
Tor Norman
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#249 - 2014-05-05 01:44:08 UTC
Amarr Citizen 1312151005 wrote:
Tiberius StarGazer wrote:
I hope CCP take all of Gevlons ISK in plex value for the repair, that's bloody discusting.

If it is proven that it was him/her I agree.

Pfft, it's a new twitter account with a single tweet. It's obviously Gevlon. Bannination, I say!

I talk about EVE trading and general space violence in my blog.

For the ISK and the yarr!

Cygnet Lythanea
World Welfare Works Association
#250 - 2014-05-05 01:47:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Cygnet Lythanea
Xavier Higdon wrote:


Hello! I thought I was the only Haudenosaunee playing EvE Online! Please stop grring at goons, though, as it gives me and potentially ones of other Iroquois players a bad name. And if you actually live on Seneca lands, then you should be well aware that regardless of the number of treaties the US government might need to break in order to impugn our Sovereignty, they'll do it, so asking them might not be too good of an idea to back up our claim that we are a confederacy of free nations.


Yes, I do (though at the moment am Down in Pennsylvania for work), I know that, I still remember back to 1998. (LOL @ potentially ones of others. We probably have more if we count the guys in Oklahoma)

Though, point of fact, that's true of any country that if they decide to pick on their smaller neighbors, they're gonna do it, treaties or no. Look at what's going on in Eastern Europe right now.

But this asshat is insisting that SNI is NOT a 'real' country. I find that deeply offensive. I've been to the National Library and National Museum. They suck, but we have them. I bet if we were white like Luxembourg he'd have no problem with us being a nation.
Xavier Higdon
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#251 - 2014-05-05 01:55:41 UTC
Cygnet Lythanea wrote:
Xavier Higdon wrote:


Hello! I thought I was the only Haudenosaunee playing EvE Online! Please stop grring at goons, though, as it gives me and potentially ones of other Iroquois players a bad name. And if you actually live on Seneca lands, then you should be well aware that regardless of the number of treaties the US government might need to break in order to impugn our Sovereignty, they'll do it, so asking them might not be too good of an idea to back up our claim that we are a confederacy of free nations.


Yes, I do, I know that, I still remember back to 1998. (LOL @ potentially ones of others. We probably have more if we count the guys in Oklahoma)

But this asshat is insisting that SNI is NOT a 'real' country. I find that deeply offensive. I've been to the National Library and National Museum. They suck, but we have them. I bet if we were white like Luxembourg he'd have no problem with us being a nation.


We're one of the few true minorities left, and probably the only ones who live entirely in the first world(though I might be wrong, depending on the classification of gypsies in Europe) and as such we just don't count. Sure, we can vote, but unless we're voting for a town official it's unlikely we're gonna tip the scales one way or the other. And the fact that we went from being nearly exterminated to owning some of the most lucrative casinos in the country just makes some people jealous. When First People are starving and dying of disease, we're a sovereign people that needs to take care of themselves. Now that many tribes are independent and fully able to support themselves, people get to thinking that maybe we shouldn't be so sovereign after all.
Garandras
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#252 - 2014-05-05 02:07:13 UTC
So much tears and raging..

Culprit did a **** mvoe.. and wouldnt mind seeing CCP's responce
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#253 - 2014-05-05 02:07:31 UTC
the sovereign status of indian tribes is an even more exciting discussion than "who made a few millimeters-long scratches on a plate"

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Jarod Garamonde
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#254 - 2014-05-05 02:18:25 UTC
Amarr Citizen 1312151005 wrote:
We all know lots of players in EVE are jerks in game.
Over the past five years I would find my self asking how much of it do they carry outside the game?
https://twitter.com/The_Real_Gevlon/status/463002069989736448
I think this pretty much sums it up.

vandalizing the monument is way overboard. These are "adults" doing this really pretty sad.
I think if it is found out who the player(s) are they are vandalizing the monument the related EVE accounts should be perma ban.
And as well as punished based on the countries laws of vandalism.

Poor taste.


Crucify

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

    [#savethelance]
Jarod Garamonde
Sons of Seyllin
Pirate Lords of War
#255 - 2014-05-05 02:21:13 UTC
That monument is ours. ALL of ours. Every single name on there belongs there, regardless of any differences we may have, in-game.

I can't freaking stand Rezell or DNS Black, but there's not enough alcohol and anger in the world to make me even think about scratching either of their names off the plate.... especially since my ire towards the both of them stays in New Eden whenever I log off.

Grow the hell up, people. It's just a friggin video game.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

    [#savethelance]
Adunh Slavy
#256 - 2014-05-05 02:28:56 UTC
Xavier Higdon wrote:
But this asshat is insisting that SNI is NOT a 'real' country.



To be a "real contry", as defined by the existing countries, you need to have lots of guns and impose your will by force, upon those in a geographical area. In short, you need to have as much blood on your hands as they do.

Take it as a compliment that you do not.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Xavier Higdon
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#257 - 2014-05-05 02:38:53 UTC
Adunh Slavy wrote:
Xavier Higdon wrote:
But this asshat is insisting that SNI is NOT a 'real' country.



To be a "real country", as defined by the existing countries, you need to have lots of guns and impose your will by force, upon those in a geographical area. In short, you need to have as much blood on your hands as they do.

Take it as a compliment that you do not.


On the contrary, his argument isn't that we don't have the military might(though even without a standing army our territory has been expanding in recent history), but rather that we don't have the right to be a sovereign nation because he says so.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#258 - 2014-05-05 02:47:30 UTC
Xavier Higdon wrote:

On the contrary, his argument isn't that we don't have the military might(though even without a standing army our territory has been expanding in recent history), but rather that we don't have the right to be a sovereign nation because he says so.


Not in the slightest, no.

I'm saying that whatever you call it is irrelevant if you have absolutely no way of backing that up, of securing the rights of your citizens.

"In name only" leaps to mind.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Rhiannon Marius
Marius Family Enterprises Unlimited
#259 - 2014-05-05 02:56:15 UTC
Um you guys realize that country and nation are not the same thing right? There are many recognized native american nations but no recognized native american countries.
Xavier Higdon
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#260 - 2014-05-05 03:01:19 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Xavier Higdon wrote:

On the contrary, his argument isn't that we don't have the military might(though even without a standing army our territory has been expanding in recent history), but rather that we don't have the right to be a sovereign nation because he says so.


Not in the slightest, no.

I'm saying that whatever you call it is irrelevant if you have absolutely no way of backing that up, of securing the rights of your citizens.

"In name only" leaps to mind.


Exactly, "I'm saying that whatever you call it is irrelevant if you have absolutely no way of backing that up, of securing the rights of your citizens." Just because you say it, you seem to think that it becomes true. You're attempting to enforce what you say on an entire group of people just because you don't want us to be who we are. I'm confused as to where you get this idea that because you say so, it becomes so. I'm sorry to inform you, however, that that isn't true.