These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Warning! If you are training Combat Drone Operation, STOP NOW!

Author
Victor Dathar
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#81 - 2014-05-05 18:49:07 UTC
I train all the skills to V starting at the top of the list due to my OCD. I can still only fly Amarr Frigates but have the best drone and engineering skills possible.

^^^ lol that post is so bad you should get back 2 GBS m8 o7

@grr_goons : Wisdom, Insight, GBS Posts

Marsha Mallow
#82 - 2014-05-05 19:08:49 UTC
Tika Hemah wrote:
This is a warning to those of you currently training Combat Drone operation to 5 in anticipation of the drone changes detailed in the 4/1/14 dev blog: Giving drones an assist

I hope for those of us that trained CDO to 5 based on the dev blog will get a skill point refund.

Thanks for posting this tbh, I completely missed these changes although I knew something was happening. I can see why some might be cross if they've done CDO5 on all alts on account(s), but if the changes will mean an overall SP increase based on the addition of new skills, I can't see any SP refund being awarded. Fingers crossed, just in case, I love it when we get redistributable SP :) There's probably more chance of making a case for a refund by asking politely rather than throwing a tantrum though.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Loan--Wolf
Ace's And 8's
#83 - 2014-05-05 19:49:26 UTC
GreenSeed wrote:
Tika Hemah wrote:

I hope for those of us that trained CDO to 5 based on the dev blog will get a skill point refund.

oh lol, you must be new here.

yea not going to happen but if it helps i have a alt that fly's a Rorqual i wont be getting the points back ether so
Cekle Skyscales
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#84 - 2014-05-05 21:26:08 UTC
Liam Inkuras wrote:
To clarify: in order to recieve light drone operation 5, you need scout drone operation 5. In order to recieve medium drone operation 5, you will need combat drone operation 5.

Here's a link to the exact post by CCP Fozzie that states you only need light drone operation 5 or combat drone operation 5 to receive light drone operation 5 and medium drone operation 5.

Remember, skill rank is a multiplier for skill training time, meaning skilling up in Medium Drone Operation will take longer than skilling up in Light Drone Operation.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2014-05-05 23:27:52 UTC
Victor Dathar wrote:
I train all the skills to V starting at the top of the list due to my OCD. I can still only fly Amarr Frigates but have the best drone and engineering skills possible.

But Amarr starts with the letter A ? Surely you should be working through the skills alphabetically starting with Acceleration Control ... then Account Management which would put Amarr frigate quite early.
Audrey UntzUntz
Doomheim
#86 - 2014-05-06 07:57:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Audrey UntzUntz
this is unacceptable. it's been one month and the dev blog is still not updated with the new info.

what kind of bs is that?
Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#87 - 2014-05-06 08:33:58 UTC
Jesus Christ... it's an 8 day skill. Seriously, 5 pages? I chucked it in the queue "just in case" and forgot about it.
Money Makin Mitch
Paid in Full
#88 - 2014-05-06 09:05:25 UTC
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
Jesus Christ... it's an 8 day skill. Seriously, 5 pages? I chucked it in the queue "just in case" and forgot about it.

i could've spent those 8d on fighters 5 instead
Cpt Swagg
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2014-05-06 12:55:57 UTC
Cheers mate 😜
Sacred Powers
Rubber Chicken Bombers
#90 - 2014-05-06 13:30:30 UTC
Simple solution: Get both Scout Drone Operation and Combat Drone Operation to 5. Problem solved.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#91 - 2014-05-07 06:26:53 UTC
Sacred Powers wrote:
Simple solution: Get both Scout Drone Operation and Combat Drone Operation to 5. Problem solved.

Problem created.
If you train CDO you're literally wasting skillpoints.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#92 - 2014-05-07 06:44:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Hasikan Miallok
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Sacred Powers wrote:

Problem created.
If you train CDO you're literally wasting skillpoints.

Yep SDO V is enough to get all 3 new skills to V.

I do not think you need CDO at all. Scout Drones already gives you access to both Mediums and Lights and CCP policy is to never make a change that causes players to lose access.
Marsha Mallow
#93 - 2014-05-07 06:55:51 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
I do not think you need CDO at all.

Level II CDO is only 1h16m offspec for me and it's a cheap skill, doing it just to be on the safe side.

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#94 - 2014-05-07 06:58:48 UTC
Marsha Mallow wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
I do not think you need CDO at all.

Level II CDO is only 1h16m offspec for me and it's a cheap skill, doing it just to be on the safe side.

For 1h16m training its worth it just for the extra DPS over the next 4 weeks :D
Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#95 - 2014-05-08 17:36:54 UTC
Seeing as combat drone operation is effectively being removed from the game now, I see no reason why they cannot do a SP refund similar to when learning skills where removed from the game.

Just tie this change to the scout drone operation skill and remove combat drone operation completely and refund the SP.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#96 - 2014-05-08 19:13:51 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Marsha Mallow wrote:
but if the changes will mean an overall SP increase based on the addition of new skills

So what?
SP is an arbitrary number.
Just because my SP is higher doesn't mean I get anything more than I did before.
For example, I gained something like 6 million SP from the destroyer and battlecruiser skill changes. Literally nothing about my play experience was different other than having to pay for a more expensive clone.

I need to stop hitting the enter key so much.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Galinius Valgani
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#97 - 2014-05-18 21:40:24 UTC
The moment when you delayed SDO for CDO and now find out how much you screwed it....damn you fozzie...and damn me for finding this tooo late. Sometimes this Informationen policy sucks...
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#98 - 2014-05-19 00:14:41 UTC
Posting in the stealth "let us bypassed the other one blocked by ISD" thread
Marsha Mallow
#99 - 2014-05-19 00:23:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Marsha Mallow
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Marsha Mallow wrote:
but if the changes will mean an overall SP increase based on the addition of new skills

So what?
SP is an arbitrary number.
Just because my SP is higher doesn't mean I get anything more than I did before.
For example, I gained something like 6 million SP from the destroyer and battlecruiser skill changes. Literally nothing about my play experience was different other than having to pay for a more expensive clone.

I need to stop hitting the enter key so much.

Don't quote me out of context James. I said:
Quote:
I can see why some might be cross if they've done CDO5 on all alts on account(s), but if the changes will mean an overall SP increase based on the addition of new skills, I can't see any SP refund being awarded.

Considering some of your more recent remarks about losing your supposed 'advantage' in relation to this change, 'SP is an arbitrary number' is a pretty amusing aside, eh.

Hadrian Blackstone
Yamato Holdings
#100 - 2014-05-27 00:52:51 UTC
Thank you OP, disseminated to colleagues.