These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dust on PC confirmed! (Project Legion)

First post
Author
Nalelmir Ahashion
Industrial Management and Engineering
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#41 - 2014-05-02 14:22:35 UTC
I just wish they'll make the dust on pc via the eve client so we'll get double skill sheet one for eve \ 1 for dust action..
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#42 - 2014-05-02 14:23:13 UTC
This will also make incorporating DUST into sovereignty warfare. Alliances can then choose to fight it out on the ground, in space or both. This does open up a whole realm of new possibilities.
BayneNothos
United Electro-Magnetic Federation
Business Alliance of Manufacturers and Miners
#43 - 2014-05-02 14:25:06 UTC
If Dust characters can't be transferred over to Legion can I suggest you DON'T send anyone from the Dust team down to EvE Down Under this year. You won't be getting a warm welcome from the Aus Dust players.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#44 - 2014-05-02 14:25:18 UTC
Hey, now I'll have something I can play to wait out global criminal countdown timers.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Belt Scout
Thread Lockaholics Anonymous
#45 - 2014-05-02 14:27:00 UTC
Replace the running with guns on a planet with running with guns in a station, and they might have something. Pirate

They say most of your brain shuts down on the EvE forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

**This IS my main so STFU.

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#46 - 2014-05-02 14:27:15 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
This will also make incorporating DUST into sovereignty warfare. Alliances can then choose to fight it out on the ground, in space or both. This does open up a whole realm of new possibilities.

Yeah as it should have been from day 1. Dumbest idea ever to split your 1 universe over 2 different access points.

Oh, ps any dust dev reading, your help is needed on the dust forums, they're kinda exploding right now. Oops
Zakarumit CZ
Zakarum Industries
Forgers United
#47 - 2014-05-02 14:27:54 UTC
It was about time...I might even give it a shot Smile
Cheng Musana
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2014-05-02 14:28:49 UTC
I feel bad for the dust players on PS3. All their time is basically now wasted. Just a pity that they cut of the Q&A session after the keynote. Woulda had beeing hillarious if the dust players lynched the dev on stage.

And lol people thinking that this will actually do any good. There are so many FPS titles on PC and it directly has to compete with planetside 2. I predict a massive player drop on the PS3 after this "keynote". You cant even barely call that a keynote, they just advertised dust for PC and thats it. poor performance compared to last years keynote if ya ask me.
Gothikia
#49 - 2014-05-02 14:30:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Gothikia
Contrary to what people think (and what I personally hoped) this IS NOT DUST FOR PC?!

Confused? Yeah, read this:

http://dust514.com/news/2014/05/introducing-project-legion/

Pay attention to this part:

Quote:

Although DUST 514 and Project Legion will function independently of one another, and are different projects on different development paths, DUST itself has a lot more shooting-in-the-face action to come. The team and I remain committed to continuing to improve the experience on PlayStation 3, while simultaneously making sure “Project Legion” becomes the experience we’ve all dreamt of.

So is Dust being killed and Legion is replacing it?

<3 Gothie

Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#50 - 2014-05-02 14:30:22 UTC
Hmm. Did the French guy say DUST was coming to PC? I thought he was talking about the part of the game called PC. The part that has been taken over by Dirt Nap Squad.

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#51 - 2014-05-02 14:31:56 UTC
Cheng Musana wrote:
I feel bad for the dust players on PS3. All their time is basically now wasted. Just a pity that they cut of the Q&A session after the keynote. Woulda had beeing hillarious if the dust players lynched the dev on stage.

And lol people thinking that this will actually do any good. There are so many FPS titles on PC and it directly has to compete with planetside 2. I predict a massive player drop on the PS3 after this "keynote". You cant even barely call that a keynote, they just advertised dust for PC and thats it. poor performance compared to last years keynote if ya ask me.

Planetside 2 has been running itself into the ground for months now.

Their only real competition is Team Fortress 2 and Titanfall, which are both high quality FPS games with good exposure. That said, TF2 is older and more outdated than DUST is, and Titanfall has a purchase price.

There's a niche for it, believe me. If they put it on Steam, even for 5 bucks, they'll be rolling.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

BayneNothos
United Electro-Magnetic Federation
Business Alliance of Manufacturers and Miners
#52 - 2014-05-02 14:34:55 UTC
Gothikia wrote:
Contrary to what people think (and what I personally hoped) this IS NOT DUST FOR PC?!

Confused? Yeah, read this:

http://dust514.com/news/2014/05/introducing-project-legion/

Pay attention to this part:

Quote:

Although DUST 514 and Project Legion will function independently of one another, and are different projects on different development paths, DUST itself has a lot more shooting-in-the-face action to come. The team and I remain committed to continuing to improve the experience on PlayStation 3, while simultaneously making sure “Project Legion” becomes the experience we’ve all dreamt of.

So is Dust being killed and Legion is replacing it?

Yip to most of us Dust peeps it sounds an awful lot like "Hey we're releasing EvE 2 on Ipad it'll be totally sweet. Oh and we'll fix a couple of bug in EvE maybe."

CCP you think maybe you can actually go into the Dust forums and explain wtf is going on here?
Kyt Thrace
Lightspeed Enterprises
Goonswarm Federation
#53 - 2014-05-02 14:35:25 UTC
I will give it a try.

But it would be really sweet if CCP let's you take you Eve Online character over to Legion.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Hoban Gallifrey
New Eden University
#54 - 2014-05-02 14:38:22 UTC
Cheng Musana wrote:

There was no Q&A session, possible on purpose, they went straight to a round table.
Ender Attor
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2014-05-02 14:38:55 UTC
KuroVolt wrote:
This anouncement made my day for several reasons.

One of them being that I intend to go read the Dust forums in a bit.

...Am I a bad person?

I am also reading the Dust Forums and yes, the tear are glorious and taste ooooh so nice,

Wait does that make me a bad person?
Robertis Olacar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#56 - 2014-05-02 14:39:11 UTC
Have to say am looking forward to this!
Gothikia
#57 - 2014-05-02 14:41:17 UTC
I also am looking forward to this, but the Dust Bunny rage on their forums is gut busting hilarity.

<3 Gothie

KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2014-05-02 14:43:20 UTC
Despite the rage on the Dust forums about how Legion will be the game THEY wanted, they fail to realise one thing:

CCP could still repeat the Dust fiasco and completely **** up with EVE Legion. Blink

Hope they dont though.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Foxstar Damaskeenus
why did i join this corp
Not Purple Shoot It.
#59 - 2014-05-02 14:44:31 UTC
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

"[this thread] is a cesspit of trolling and flaming" ISD Buldath

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#60 - 2014-05-02 14:44:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Pak Narhoo
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2150763/meet-project-legion-the-epic-new-first-person-pc-shooter-from-eve-onlines-creators.html

Funny:
Quote:
I mean, is it Dust on PC?

JCG: No! There's some pieces of it, absolutely. There's a studio that's spent five years building a shooter—you don't throw that away.

No we wait 8 years, then we trow it away like WoD. What?

What?