These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Mining tax

First post
Author
Alekseyev Karrde
Capitalist Army
Templis CALSF
#21 - 2014-06-09 18:48:39 UTC
it's not really a question of commitment or voluntary/involuntary. Whatever it is could always be set to 0.

The question is automated vs pain in the ass.

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

Adunh Slavy
#22 - 2014-06-10 00:46:22 UTC
Naj Panora wrote:
Why don't we just ask to mission runners and pled runners to just donate too? Because no one willingly parts with their isk. Why should mission runners have to pay a tax to a corp?



Why should you have the right to steal from other players? As you say, they are not parting with it willingly.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Naj Panora
Shadow Broker Fleet
#23 - 2014-06-10 22:18:10 UTC
Helven Gallander wrote:
Dumb, I am a miner too and if I get charge for not doing something chances are I will not be joining any mining corp with that level of bull anytime soon. If you want money for your corp then get a contract from some shipbuilder corp or manufacturing corp and take a percent off the amount of ISK you make and deposit it to corps seems simpler than charging us tax to put our ore in station. Plus you make ISK too why not donate yours.



You'll find that anyone in corp leadership donates more isk to the corp coffers than I'm sure you realize. So why would you join a corp with a mission tax but not a mining one?
Klatu Satori
Shadows of the Black
#24 - 2014-06-12 17:25:12 UTC
I think a better way to do this would be to have a corp tax on market sales adjustable in intervals of 0.01%. Much easier to implement and gets all kinds of corp members instead of just miners.
Naj Panora
Shadow Broker Fleet
#25 - 2014-06-13 01:10:42 UTC
Klatu Satori wrote:
I think a better way to do this would be to have a corp tax on market sales adjustable in intervals of 0.01%. Much easier to implement and gets all kinds of corp members instead of just miners.

That would be another fine idea to discuss but I'm guessing we will see a giant troll show up for that soon.
Gerald Mardiska
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#26 - 2014-06-19 16:15:44 UTC
Naj Panora wrote:
Why don't we just ask to mission runners and pled runners to just donate too? Because no one willingly parts with their isk. Why should mission runners have to pay a tax to a corp?

corps need money.....in fact there should be a mining tax and a market tax to the corps.
Naj Panora
Shadow Broker Fleet
#27 - 2014-06-27 10:30:39 UTC
Gerald Mardiska wrote:
Naj Panora wrote:
Why don't we just ask to mission runners and pled runners to just donate too? Because no one willingly parts with their isk. Why should mission runners have to pay a tax to a corp?

corps need money.....in fact there should be a mining tax and a market tax to the corps.


As long as the Market tax only applies to manufactured and Meta level 2+ items I agree otherwise you end up double dipping on miners/pi guys.
Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#28 - 2014-07-11 01:13:53 UTC
Revolution Rising wrote:

...who don't wish to become a part of the high-sec fruit picker hippy associations that have nothing better to do than organise mining ops all day where people can talk about how their dog has cancer.

Lol LOL! I must say I like your turning of phrase there! "fruit picker hippy associations" lol- that's great! New ship name: "hippy picker" :D



Chu Ke
Another Level
#29 - 2014-09-04 02:37:58 UTC
Naj Panora wrote:
Why don't we just ask to mission runners and pled runners to just donate too? Because no one willingly parts with their isk. Why should mission runners have to pay a tax to a corp?


ohhhh lick my $%#45
Alexei Talvanen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#30 - 2014-11-17 09:17:49 UTC
How about a completely different approach: EVERY Cash Income (with or without the Exception of Player Donation) could be taxed. So if someone sell his Ore/Loot, the corp get a small share of that.
Jurico Elemenohpe
Flipsid3 Tactics
#31 - 2015-01-01 04:46:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Jurico Elemenohpe
Alexei Talvanen wrote:
How about a completely different approach: EVERY Cash Income (with or without the Exception of Player Donation) could be taxed. So if someone sell his Ore/Loot, the corp get a small share of that.
So a corp based market tax?
No thanks. But maybe.

@OP
So you want to tax people out of some of their ore..
And then buy their ore back for less than it's worth?
At least, I assume you run a buy back program.
And it's not going to be hard for people to find a corp that would have no (or very low) tax and perfect boosts. So why would they stay in your corp unless they like the people or something? And if the people are all miners, why wouldn't they all just move to the other corp?


If you want to run an SRP, make sure your guys don't lose their ships (hint hint: skiffs are a pita to gank) so that your coffers just fill.
Or make the ISK yourself.
Or recruit more mission runners.
I personally think being able to tax anything would be good over all, but a pain for CCP to program and for not much benefit (since corp leaders should be able to get tax themselves)
Lugia3
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#32 - 2015-01-29 22:56:17 UTC
Holy necros, batman.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Reaver Glitterstim
Dromedaworks inc
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#33 - 2015-01-31 03:15:32 UTC
Naj Panora wrote:
Why don't we just ask to mission runners and pled runners to just donate too? Because no one willingly parts with their isk. Why should mission runners have to pay a tax to a corp?

I willingly pay my corp taxes, even when they are set to 95%. They get set there for a reason. Sometimes I just pay money to my corp. (not often, I'm poor) :(

Anyone who is unwilling to pay corp tax doesn't belong in corp.

I agree with an ore tax for dropping ore into a station your corp has an office in. Players should be free to drop ore at other stations to thwart the tax, and the loyal ones can drop it where the corp has an office, or just give some ISK over. Also the corp could run a service buying unlimited ore from corpmates at slightly below market value and refining it to ship and sell at a small profit. This would give a better rate to corpmates who lack refining skills or to anyone using a corp office at a bad spot for selling ore, and would open up room for some officers to make some ISK shipping and selling minerals for the corp.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Previous page12