These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Analysis coming Pirate BS changes - Machariel

Author
IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#61 - 2014-04-25 03:10:58 UTC
Medai Kesrith wrote:

Shield Mach with 2x TC + 3x TE + 1xTII tracking rig
~1090DPS
TC set to 1x Range, 1x Tracking
Range = 4.1+66 km
Tracking = 0.09357

TC set to 2x Tracking
Range = 3.8+56 km
Tracking = 0.11018

Wait did you say a shield mach with 2 TC? After the prop mod you have 2 left. So what's the tank a XL SB and one Invuln? Would that work?
Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#62 - 2014-04-25 03:25:49 UTC
IIshira wrote:
Medai Kesrith wrote:

Shield Mach with 2x TC + 3x TE + 1xTII tracking rig
~1090DPS
TC set to 1x Range, 1x Tracking
Range = 4.1+66 km
Tracking = 0.09357

TC set to 2x Tracking
Range = 3.8+56 km
Tracking = 0.11018

Wait did you say a shield mach with 2 TC? After the prop mod you have 2 left. So what's the tank a XL SB and one Invuln? Would that work?

Yeah it works, can't use a T2 but you don't absolutely need a meta 14 either.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Termy Rockling
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#63 - 2014-04-25 03:41:06 UTC
Ammzi wrote:
I don't think you know how warp mechanics work. Smile

Considering warp speed dictates warp acceleration nowdays, i think you are the one who isnt up to date with the mechanics. Cool
Medai Kesrith
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2014-04-25 06:30:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Medai Kesrith
chaosgrimm wrote:

I'm not one to do a lot of mission declines, so I'm sure there is a better better strat to making isk for blitzing, but the 34 min bs time doesn't seem accurate. Ur saying that mission take longer to warp to than they do to complete.

The basic statement is, you are wasting a lot of time in warp. Anyway best case is 20min, worst case still 10min. Quoting myself
Quote:
Even if my numbers aren't correct cut 25% of the 100AU and only 6 missions per hour you will still spare 10min every hour you aren't wasting in warp.

Sheimi Madaveda wrote:
@OP, you have made a hilariously terrible mistake. That mistake is the assumption that High Grade Ascendancy Omega is better than the WS-618 implant... which it's not. Even if you have the entire Ascendancy set, WS-618 still grants a more significant bonus AND it costs less than half of the price. Not only that, but WS-615 grants basically the same bonus as Ascendancy Omega would for 150mil... about one-tenth the prices you were looking at. I just can't understand what makes you notice the WS implants but forces you to not compare the numbers and simply assume the pirate implants are automatically better

You are right, changed the OP accordingly. I simply assumed a full set would be better as it should but CCP :)

@IIshira
A simple Gist C-type Shield Booster + Pithum C-type Invul works for 95% of all Missions, if you want to be on the save side use a cap booster. All V stats Omni Tank = 372 DPS and 5min cap with MWD off. You tank is the Machariel's kill speed.

Except in some missions against Sansha/Blood, like The Blockade or Mining Misappropriation. Especially in The Blockade you do not want to use an AC ship vs Sansha/Blood because of TD and neuts, use an Arti Macha instead or switch to Paladin.
Cooper Gribbles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2014-05-30 21:33:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Cooper Gribbles
I believe I saw a change to cap recharge on the Mach, could someone decipher the "-875" for me?

Capacitor (amount / recharge / cap per second) : 5800 / 1154000ms(-875) / 5.02

A good leader's men fight with him, not for him

stoicfaux
#66 - 2014-05-31 03:10:23 UTC
Cooper Gribbles wrote:
I believe I saw a change to cap recharge on the Mach, could someone decipher the "-875" for me?

Capacitor (amount / recharge / cap per second) : 5800 / 1154000ms(-875) / 5.02

Instead of taking 1,154.875 seconds for the capacitor to fully recharge from zero, it will take 1,154.0 seconds for the capacitor to fully recharge from zero.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

stoicfaux
#67 - 2014-05-31 03:21:06 UTC
Has anyone considered forgoing a prop mod and using sentries to make up the DPS loss from not being able to move closer to the target? From eyeballing the EFT DPS curves, a MWD, three TC Mach needs to be ~25km closer to equalize the raw DPS of a drone Mach. Downside is that blitzing tends to require an MWD or MJD.

Raw DPS: 918 guns + 292 drones = 1210 DPS
Range:
* guns: 4.2+69km
* drones: 52km + 48km, 84km control range
Tank: 400 against Angels for 4m24s
Warp: 5 AU/s with ws-610 implant

[Machariel, Level 4- Drones]
Co-Processor II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer

Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Gist C-Type X-Large Shield Booster

800mm Repeating Cannon II, EMP L
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Bouncer II x4

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

chaosgrimm
Synth Tech
#68 - 2014-05-31 12:03:59 UTC  |  Edited by: chaosgrimm
stoicfaux wrote:
Has anyone considered forgoing a prop mod and using sentries to make up the DPS loss from not being able to move closer to the target? From eyeballing the EFT DPS curves, a MWD, three TC Mach needs to be ~25km closer to equalize the raw DPS of a drone Mach. Downside is that blitzing tends to require an MWD or MJD.

Raw DPS: 918 guns + 292 drones = 1210 DPS
Range:
* guns: 4.2+69km
* drones: 52km + 48km, 84km control range
Tank: 400 against Angels for 4m24s
Warp: 5 AU/s with ws-610 implant

[Machariel, Level 4- Drones]
Co-Processor II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Gist C-Type X-Large Shield Booster

Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Bouncer II x4

Interesting.

My initial thoughts:
* what distances are we talking about? +30km out to where arty outperform ACs on a similar load out? Prolly 40k or so?
* moving 25km seems like it would pay off in many circumstances to wreck other NPCs in the same group, as would having prop to get to a gate, or if you start near the gate: dropping sentry drones then moving. Which missions did you have in mind?
* haven't checked the numbers, but assuming prop would replace a TC, would the 25km number be lessened if the CCC was replaced with an ambit I?

edit:
I did have a thought of a mission that might work out here. Angel Pirate Invasion + getting full room aggro as soon as ya can.
Also, looking over some numbers. A similar vargur fit using RF ammo instead of t1:
800s
tc x3
4gyro
1 drone dmg amp
burst II
bouncer IIs

mach can still out dps the vargur by around 4.3%. Looks like there may be some niche uses for a mach setup like this.
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#69 - 2014-06-01 16:25:09 UTC
I dropped sentries and now use geckos. I've not yet tried, but have mulled, trading the TC for a DNC. So far not seeing the need.
Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#70 - 2014-06-02 07:24:48 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:

Interesting idea. However, at first glance it would seem to me and for "stationary" platform with sentries perhaps a Navy Typhoon might be a bit better option?

With cruise missile setup a navy phoon with a setup:

6x Cruise II 1x small pulse laser (drone trigger) 1x drone range
1x fed navy omny directional, some tank and/or mwd
4x CN BCU 3x Drone damage amp II
2x Rigor 1x Hyd bay thruster (or warp speed perhaps?)
5x Bouncer II

I see on paper approx 1400 dps (5% hardwires) with Fury. Would want a painter or two as well prolly. Range is approx 80 km or so. I have not looked into the AC setup for navy phoon but I have an impression it might have some application issues. It does not have Mach's falloff bonus. Fury setup has its issues as well ofc - volley counting and missiles. And navy phoon does not have the cruiser class warp speed.

Here, sanity... niiiice sanity, come to daddy... okay, that's a good sanity... THWONK! GOT the bastard.

Shivanthar
#71 - 2014-06-02 09:40:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Shivanthar
I feel good for those who are piloting Mach and Nightmare.
I'm sorry to post a little bit off-topic, but after these changes, in addition of adding nightmare to the soup is runining Marauders.

When bastion module thread was up, I was all-in with the "Marauders need speed, bastion module or some other module should boost speed". They were designed for missioning and now they are simply **** up. Whenever speed issue was mentioned, it was simply ignored.

Now, as a Marauder pilot, it will simply be impossible to catch Machs in terms of isk/hour, and it will be hard to catch nightmare from isk/hour point.

Warp speed, ship speed and projection are your friends when missioning.
Mach (2/3): Has speed and warp speed. For projection, it needs rigs or modules (mod. preferred, rigs for even more speed).
Nightmare (2/3): Has speed and projection. Warp speed could be achieved by rigs.
Marauders (1/3): Only have projection. Need modules and rigs for warp speed and speed. Neither would bring them close to Mach/Nightmare.

Good job ruining those T2 hulls...

I really want to see the face of those Marauder's tank&spank bastion & projection point of view defender guys to see their isk/hour going down in flames against to these speed buffed beasts. Hell... Even speed of my Vargur was nerfed... Good missioning out there sitting in your bastion.

And again, gratz to those Mach and Nightmare pilots.

_Half _the lies they tell about me **aren't **true.

Carniflex
StarHunt
Mordus Angels
#72 - 2014-06-02 11:29:11 UTC
Shivanthar wrote:

I really want to see the face of those Marauder's tank&spank bastion & projection point of view defender guys to see their isk/hour going down in flames against to these speed buffed beasts. Hell... Even speed of my Vargur was nerfed... Good missioning out there sitting in your bastion.

And again, gratz to those Mach and Nightmare pilots.

I believe it was mentioned in the "AFK missioning" thread which should be still somewhere in the first pages of this forum section, but there is more axis to move on in regards mission running than just isk/h.

While marauders will come a little bit behind "rebalanced" pirate BS's when actively flown they come out a bit higher if you add another axsis to travel on which is isk/effort.

A "professional" missionrunners will have the best tools in their toolbox anyway. A T3 cruiser for a mission where it's the best, Pirate BS and/or the Marauder for others, etc. There is no reason why you would exactly need to use only one ship for your missions. They are pretty much static afterall (as traveling is lost isk/h) in max few jumps region of space.

In real EVE the situation is even more complex than just considering one ship against another. There is PLEX out there and you can consider, for example, that what would a second pilot do for your numbers which you are trying to optimize. Would it make economic sense to run one? Will you run a single Marachiel with blingbling tank or would it be "worth it" to drag a Scimi alt with you dropping the local tank alltogehter (it's awesome with number of logi bonused faction tracking links) or perhaps a fof missile Tengu or Nighthawk instead killing off nearby frigates on their own while you instapop stuff at range. What about third account - is it still worth it for one (a function of your playtime per month and what you are after), etc. Too much bling bling increases the risk of losing your ship to a suicide gank - running a logi alt in turn lowers that risk. Offgrid booster can mean the gank failing when it should have succeeded, without the gankers knowing WTF went wrong, etc.

I can say from experience that you more or less hit a flat plateu in missionrunning speed once you are putting out approx 2000 - 3000 dps (or above). Around 2000 dps the locking speed of battleship starts to be something you feel (Auto Target and Signal Amp can increase the number of locked targets, but in waves you need to lock the first ships still in 'real time'). Warp speed is even more relevant the less time you are actually spending in mission deadspace. With increased number of accounts to consider there also dimising retruns related to how many can you control at a time. ISBoxer can make perfectly synchornized turret platforms viable but if they get out of sync you can be in a lot of trouble (and if you lose you lose number of times more than a single ship guy if you fly same setups) if you do not have a backup plan. Individually controlling each of your ships (what I do myself) gives you a lot more control but you hit the wall pretty fast what can you effectively control. Depending on number of factors like RoF, damage application, and clicky-clicky needed to run em.

Here, sanity... niiiice sanity, come to daddy... okay, that's a good sanity... THWONK! GOT the bastard.