These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Battleships

First post First post First post
Author
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#1261 - 2014-04-23 19:34:04 UTC
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them.

The Rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1262 - 2014-04-23 19:53:58 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

I do not disagree with it having the possibility to be adaptable with missiles, it clearly does.
It is however less adaptable, if one wishes to use drones.

So adaptable as a description depends on whether the drones matter to one.

People who use drones are posting their worries and concerns, so that is all that is required.
They can now be read and considered.

We can all agree that the rattlesnake needed improvement to make it an effective pirate ship.
If you are a missile user, it is an improvement but clearly not a class leader unless you wish to use rapid launchers.
If you are a drone user, it is less effective and the losses exceed the gains.

Drone users use this ship too, probably will not now unless they embrace the rapid missile launcher.
To my mind that is not a description of adaptable.

Again you are trying to use the new rattle as a pure droneboat. It is not a pure droneboat, you use all of the ships bonuses not half of them. The ship is a lot more adaptable and capable.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1263 - 2014-04-23 19:58:04 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

I do not disagree with it having the possibility to be adaptable with missiles, it clearly does.
It is however less adaptable, if one wishes to use drones.

So adaptable as a description depends on whether the drones matter to one.

People who use drones are posting their worries and concerns, so that is all that is required.
They can now be read and considered.

We can all agree that the rattlesnake needed improvement to make it an effective pirate ship.
If you are a missile user, it is an improvement but clearly not a class leader unless you wish to use rapid launchers.
If you are a drone user, it is less effective and the losses exceed the gains.

Drone users use this ship too, probably will not now unless they embrace the rapid missile launcher.
To my mind that is not a description of adaptable.

Again you are trying to use the new rattle as a pure droneboat. It is not a pure droneboat, you use all of the ships bonuses not half of them. The ship is a lot more adaptable and capable.
To be fair, drones tend to be more adaptable than any other weapon. I can change from lights to heavies on the fly while having the equivalent of a full rack of each on hand at all times. I can't do the same for launchers without help from a ship/structure with a fitting service.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1264 - 2014-04-23 19:59:07 UTC
Anyone keeping track, who has post more times in this thread CCP Rise or ISD Ezwal?

(Purely Joking CCP Rise changes look good)

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1265 - 2014-04-23 20:00:07 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
*Snip* Please refrain from discussing forum moderation. ISD Ezwal.

I have a suggestion for the superdrone concept for the rattlesnake, please read it all if you have any interest in this ship.

Before anyone goes on, The Following Proposals add absolutely Zero, not one DPS. To this ship.

The superdrone concept appears to have the concept of reducing the number of drone in large fights and sentries have been the weapon needing to be reduced in quantities.

Other drones were not such a major issue..

I suggest leaving sentries exactly the same as the current rebalance thread.

As for the other drones I suggest leaving the 2 heavy drones exactly the same as proposed by CCP currently. They will be mainly ignored.

However I recommend that the medium drones gain bonuses to bring them to exactly the same damage and hitpoints as a flight of heavies.

This makes them useful and not overpowered,
They will have some application against frigates as even glancing blows will give some applied damage to fast light ships.

Each fit, whether missiles, mediums, or sentries require different fitting compromises preventing one system being overpowered by the addition of the other.

5 medium superdrones solves most of the issues we have encountered.

It gives the option of a medium and close range drone system. And a slightly longer range sentry system.

The DLA removal issue is still a problem for sentries, but the superdrones do give an alternative now with this suggestion, rather than there being no really good drone choice now.

Please say what you feel, please do not use this as just a means to attack others, but really, is it a good idea?

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#1266 - 2014-04-23 20:02:41 UTC
Last Wolf wrote:
Kitty Bear wrote:
Callic Veratar wrote:
I'm a little disappointed that the rattlesnake stays at 7.5 effective drones, though 375% of a heavy drone is pretty nasty. I can understand the reasoning with sentries included, since anything bigger would have just wiped everything off grid.

Hooray for the extra launcher and damage bonus to missiles, that should improve it's presence some.

but less range on them - the velocity bonus is gone.

and once again, the versatility of 5 utility/support drones is GONE

275% of 2 is not 7.5, it's 5.5

No it is 7.5

100% = 4;
200% = 6;
300% = 8;

Also, Range bonus + tank bonus is dumb. I wish they would remove it on the Eagle, vulture, rohk line up and add something useful.

Amen to that. I was very disappointed that the vulture didn't get a 10% shield hp bonus per level to make it comparable to the mach. Tracking bonuses on the others would have been nicer.

That being said, They should have kept the normal drone bonuses for the gila and rattler, and the cynabal and rattler should have gotten the same bonuses as the dramiel, -1 gun for each.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1267 - 2014-04-23 20:02:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaarous Aldurald
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
but really, is it a good idea?

Nope.

It would make the ship rampantly overpowered against smaller vessels thanks to the missile bonus in order to solve something that has been firmly established is not a problem in the first place.

[edit: I am genuinely being serious here, to say that if the proposed Rattlesnake had a dps bonus for smaller drones, I would feel comfortable taking on a ten man frigate gang by myself in that ship. [edit 2: While eating gate gun fire the whole time. That's called being overpowered.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1268 - 2014-04-23 20:06:01 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

I have a suggestion for the superdrone concept for the rattlesnake, please read it all if you have any interest in this ship.

Before anyone goes on, The Following Proposals add absolutely Zero, not one DPS. To this ship.

The superdrone concept appears to have the concept of reducing the number of drone in large fights and sentries have been the weapon needing to be reduced in quantities.

As for the other drones I leaving the 2 heavy drones exactly the same as currently. They will be mainly ignored.

However I recommend that the medium drones gain bonuses to bring them to exactly the same damage and hitpoints as a flight of heavies.

They will have some application against frigates as even glancing blows will give some applied damage to fast light ships.

Each fit, whether missiles, mediums, or sentries require different fitting compromises preventing one system being overpowered by the addition of the other.

It gives the option of a medium and close range drone system. And a slightly longer range sentry system.

The DLA removal issue is still a problem for sentries, but the superdrones do give an alternative now with this suggestion, rather than there being no really good drone choice now.

Please say what you feel, please do not use this as just a means to attack others, but really, is it a good idea?

This idea would mean the rattle would rip apart cruisers with even more ease than the current plan and a webbed frig would vaporise.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1269 - 2014-04-23 20:10:01 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Nope.

It would make the ship rampantly overpowered against smaller vessels thanks to the missile bonus in order to solve something that has been firmly established is not a problem in the first place.

[edit: I am genuinely being serious here, to say that if the proposed Rattlesnake had a dps bonus for smaller drones, I would feel comfortable taking on a ten man frigate gang by myself in that ship. [edit 2: While eating gate gun fire the whole time. That's called being overpowered.

Firstly, this is the whole point of superdrones being fitted on this ship. CCP believe sentry drone assist is an issue, so they probably disagree with you.

Um not one DPS more, Medium drone statistics applied damage, is rampantly overpowered against frigates.ShockedWhat?
I am sorry, but medium drones are not good frigate killers. Any more than medium turretts without a tracking bonus. So I am at a complete loss as to how that would make it overpowered against small vessels.

You do realise I am not talking about light missiles?

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1270 - 2014-04-23 20:10:58 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
baltec1 wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

As for the other drones I leaving the 2 heavy drones exactly the same as currently. They will be mainly ignored.

This idea would mean the rattle would rip apart cruisers with even more ease than the current plan and a webbed frig would vaporise.

Heavies would vaporise a webbed frigate too.

Cassandra Aurilien
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1271 - 2014-04-23 20:12:54 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Nope.

Yes. That is my take on a really high EHP, light drone bonused & RLML bonused battleship. Not to say that it wouldn't be fun, but balanced? No.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1272 - 2014-04-23 20:14:19 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Heavies would vaporise a webbed frigate too.

not nearly as easily as med drones.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1273 - 2014-04-23 20:14:51 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Nope.

Firstly, this is the whole point of superdrones being fitted on this ship. CCP believe sentry drone assist is an issue, so they probably disagree with you.

Um not one DPS more, Medium drone statistics applied damage, is rampantly overpowered against frigates.
I am sorry, but medium drones are not good frigate killers. Any more than medium turretts without a tracking bonus. So I am at a complete loss as to how that would make it overpowered against small vessels.

The fact that you do not talk about the missiles does not mean they are not there.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#1274 - 2014-04-23 20:15:11 UTC
Sixty f**king pages of drone discussion - most of it pointless. That settles it.
Turn the Rattlesnake into a missile boat and be done with it.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1275 - 2014-04-23 20:15:14 UTC
Cassandra Aurilien wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Nope.

Yes. That is my take on a really high EHP, light drone bonused & RLML bonused battleship. Not to say that it wouldn't be fun, but balanced? No.

Pretty much.

If we're going to get a full set of bonused drones worth of dps, and a full rack of launchers worth of dps, then we have to make some tradeoffs.

I for am more than happy to give up light drones, they barely matter at this point anyway when the Rattlesnake has become the only battleship in the entire game with a damage bonus to rapid light missile launchers. That's huge, no matter what any detractors say.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1276 - 2014-04-23 20:15:18 UTC
Cassandra Aurilien wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Nope.

The suggestion is not about light drones in any way.

Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#1277 - 2014-04-23 20:16:18 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

No. The ability to use any size launcher would make the ship a horrific bloated destroyer if it got that same level of dps out of mediums.

That is why my earlier and now deleted suggestions focused on increasing the superdrone bonus on heavies and sentries to be closer to those enjoyed by the smaller hulls in the Gurista line.

Drones do less damage than other systems, partly because of their supreme application at all sizes. That flexibility is partly being sacrificed to the superdrone concept. This is fine on the smaller hulls because the drawbacks are compensated with a 60% increase in HP and DPS to the size appropriate drones over that of other in class drone platforms.

In the interest of maintaining the balance of the pirate lines, I would suggest a 400% superdrone bonus, putting max effective weapons at 17.5 on the hull. While potentially best in class, this would be ameliorated by drones traditional lighter damage, the launchers often being undersized, the innefficiency of fitting for two discreet weapon systems, lack of implants and such for drones, and the compromises required for a ship trying to fit Two weapon systems and a Tank all notorious for their CPU consumtion. The Rattlesnake will have many options, but not all of them will be possible all the time. The balance and compromises between damage, application, tank and overall fitting will be brutal, but meaningful.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1278 - 2014-04-23 20:20:52 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Frostys Virpio wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Nope.

Um not one DPS more, Medium drone statistics applied damage, is rampantly overpowered against frigates.

The fact that you do not talk about the missiles does not mean they are not there.

Oh fully aware they are there as a choice and an option and very nice they are too, but you cannot fit for max missile damage and max drone damage at the same time though. Well not if you want to actually apply the damage and maintain a tank.

So they are a choice.
Would it be fair for drone users to have a choice too?

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1279 - 2014-04-23 20:27:55 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Nope.

Oh fully aware they are there as a choice and an option and very nice they are too, but you cannot fit for max missile damage and max drone damage at the same time though. Well not if you want to actually apply the damage and maintain a tank.

So they are a choice.
Would it be fair for drone users to have a choice too?

You chosing to ignore half of the ships bonuses does not mean the ship should get even more firepower.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1280 - 2014-04-23 20:28:25 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Mike Voidstar wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

No. The ability to use any size launcher would make the ship a horrific bloated destroyer if it got that same level of dps out of mediums.

That is why my earlier and now deleted suggestions focused on increasing the superdrone bonus on heavies and sentries to be closer to those enjoyed by the smaller hulls in the Gurista line.

Drones do less damage than other systems, partly because of their supreme application at all sizes. That flexibility is partly being sacrificed to the superdrone concept. This is fine on the smaller hulls because the drawbacks are compensated with a 60% increase in HP and DPS to the size appropriate drones over that of other in class drone platforms.

In the interest of maintaining the balance of the pirate lines, I would suggest a 400% superdrone bonus, putting max effective weapons at 17.5 on the hull. While potentially best in class, this would be ameliorated by drones traditional lighter damage, the launchers often being undersized, the innefficiency of fitting for two discreet weapon systems, lack of implants and such for drones, and the compromises required for a ship trying to fit Two weapon systems and a Tank all notorious for their CPU consumtion. The Rattlesnake will have many options, but not all of them will be possible all the time. The balance and compromises between damage, application, tank and overall fitting will be brutal, but meaningful.

Hmm yes, if you could fit fully bonused rapid lights and medium superdrones at the same time that could be an issue.

Actually to make superdrones actually work, one should not bonus rapids on this ship, that is actually the issue that is making it overpowered and unable to utilise a sensible drone weapons system.

Trying to force this weapons concept (rapid lights and heavy missiles) on is making it impossible for it to be anything else.

Probably those claiming it would be overpowered with rapids will agree *splutter*Shocked