These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Battleships

First post First post First post
Author
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#1161 - 2014-04-22 23:36:54 UTC  |  Edited by: elitatwo
Cassandra Aurilien wrote:
elitatwo wrote:
Anyhow can we discuss real issues that have come to light, like CPU on the Rattlesnake and capacitor on the Nightmare?

Cap has always been a problem on the NM. There are a few ways around it - XL-ASB or a cap booster, depending on your preference.

Maybe baltec was right and I wait until they hit SiSi.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Cassandra Aurilien
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1162 - 2014-04-22 23:41:29 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
elitatwo wrote:
Anyhow can we discuss real issues that have come to light, like CPU on the Rattlesnake and capacitor on the Nightmare?

Cap has always been a problem on the NM. There are a few ways around it - XL-ASB or a cap booster, depending on your preference.

I agree. He's a wise man, by his posts.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#1163 - 2014-04-22 23:42:29 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
I believe Rise even went so far as to say that capacitor issues on Sansha ships are intentional.

I did read that, thanks.

Yet I believe that was for the power level those ships had at the time of Apocrypha. Everything has been buffed in that area and none of the sansha ships are consideres dps-solo-wft-bbq-pwn-mobiles.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#1164 - 2014-04-22 23:51:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
elitatwo wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
I believe Rise even went so far as to say that capacitor issues on Sansha ships are intentional.

I did read that, thanks.

Yet I believe that was for the power level those ships had at the time of Apocrypha. Everything has been buffed in that area and none of the sansha ships are consideres dps-solo-wft-bbq-pwn-mobiles.

Nope. Rise said it in this year's batch of pirate threads.

Cassandra Aurilien
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1165 - 2014-04-22 23:54:07 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
elitatwo wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:

I did read that, thanks.

In terms of pure firepower & projection, they are still pretty strong... 1000+ DPS at 40KM without implants isn't shabby, by any means.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1166 - 2014-04-22 23:55:34 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
elitatwo wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:

I did read that, thanks.

In terms of pure firepower & projection, they are still pretty strong... 1000+ DPS at 40KM without implants isn't shabby, by any means.

The only good glass cannon ships are Stealth Bombers, and we all know why.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1167 - 2014-04-22 23:57:10 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
elitatwo wrote:
Anyhow can we real issues that have come to light, like CPU on the Rattlesnake and capacitor on the Nightmare?

I agree. He's a wise man, by his posts.

I wouldn't say wise, I belive that megathrons belong in frigate gangs.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#1168 - 2014-04-23 00:09:50 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

Even wise men have bizzare quirks.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#1169 - 2014-04-23 00:11:28 UTC
I have again removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The Rules:
3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

11. Discussion of forum moderation is prohibited.

The discussion of EVE Online forum moderation actions generally leads to flaming, trolling and baiting of our ISD CCL moderators. As such, this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. If you have questions regarding the actions of a moderator, please file a petition under the Community & Forums Category.

26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#1170 - 2014-04-23 00:13:44 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

If the boat fits.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1171 - 2014-04-23 00:31:21 UTC
On a slightly related note.

What was the story about people were being banned for perma shield repping sentries in missions a few years back ?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1172 - 2014-04-23 00:47:07 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

What was the story about people were being banned for perma shield repping sentries in missions a few years back ?

Dont recall this one.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1173 - 2014-04-23 00:51:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Hasikan Miallok
baltec1 wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

Dont recall this one.

long, quite old, thread here

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=84360

The only CCP response was there is more to it than meets the eye :D
Cassandra Aurilien
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1174 - 2014-04-23 00:56:43 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

Dont recall this one.

long, quite old, thread here

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=84360

The only CCP response was there is more to it than meets the eye :D

Pretty sure that what they were doing falls under what's discussed on this thread.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=142098
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1175 - 2014-04-23 01:07:09 UTC
Yea, your safe to rep your drones. AFK grinding isk 23.5/7 will get you a ban.
Euripedies
Hot Droppin Cherry Poppers
#1176 - 2014-04-23 02:24:37 UTC
Rattlesnake bonus doesn't sit well with me. The fancy talk about how two drones are as good as five isn't working for me. I keep thinking that if I lose one, half my drone DPs is gone instead of only one fifth of my DPs.

And missile bonus? wtf What about the drones! Tracking, range, that sort of thing.

The Machariel is awesome. looks like it will stay that way.

Although for lvl iv missions the mighty Vargur is without equal. It is the proverbial hot knife thru butter.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1177 - 2014-04-23 02:27:55 UTC
Euripedies wrote:
Rattlesnake bonus doesn't sit well with me. The fancy talk about how two drones are as good as five isn't working for me. I keep thinking that if I lose one, half my drone DPs is gone instead of only one fifth of my DPs.

And missile bonus? wtf What about the drones! Tracking, range, that sort of thing.

Although for lvl iv missions the mighty Vargur is without equal. It is the proverbial hot knife thru butter.
So from your complaints about the RS, it sounds like you want a domi. You should just get a domi.
Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#1178 - 2014-04-23 02:33:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Mike Voidstar
Euripedies wrote:

Indeed. This is why I feel the bonus on the Rattlesnake needs to be increased to similar levels of additional performance over other weight class Drone ships. We are suffering the full drawback of the superdrone concept but getting little in the form of its benefit as it was applied to the smaller hulls. Or, bonusing smaller drones and increasing the bay to return some of the flexibility drones usually enjoy. Simply breaking even in performance is not enough considering the increased vunerability the superdrone concept creates.

Losing half your DPS for a moment is not so bad when each drone is clocking in at somewhere around 3/4 the DPS of a standard droneboat.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1179 - 2014-04-23 02:37:07 UTC
Mike Voidstar wrote:
Euripedies wrote:

Indeed. This is why I feel the bonus on the Rattlesnake needs to be increased to similar levels of additional performance over other weight class Drone ships. We are suffering the full drawback of the superdrone concept but getting little in the form of its benefit as it was applied to the smaller hulls. Or, bonusing smaller drones and increasing the bay to return some of the flexibility drones usually enjoy. Simply breaking even in performance is not enough considering the increased vunerability the superdrone concept creates.

I don't know if I can agree. Breaking even in drone performance is true, but that is aside huge gains in missile performance. It seems like it's asking too much to have both the drone boat cake and the missile boat cake. Taking a hit to each seems a good meeting point.
stoneageman TOG
security services
#1180 - 2014-04-23 03:00:55 UTC
nobody seems to have noticed 1/4 of the rattlesnake cpu is gone..