These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Battleships

First post First post First post
Author
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#1101 - 2014-04-22 13:34:24 UTC
In an effort to turn the thread back to more useful discussion, I'd like a little [cpu] fitting breathing room on the 'snake - if that's possible Rise - other than that it's looking great Smile

Not asking for much much, 5-15 would be just perfect.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1102 - 2014-04-22 13:51:22 UTC
Theres, lots of little issues, fitting more missiles is somewhat different than ones current fittings,and therefore will have different power and cpu needs.
Something very wierd is happening with the drone side of things, system is now unbalanced and just nasty to use.
There are undoubted buffs available if only certain fits are utilised.
So naturally those who would fit those ways will be happy, and those who do not wish to are less so.

Both peoples opinions are valid for them, hopefully we can all accept others can be valid too.

We may have an announcement here that is not giving us all the information and we are assuming that because something is not there, then it is not going to be.

i hope so as there are real issues here that people are concerned about.

Hopefully they will be announced.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#1103 - 2014-04-22 13:54:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Morrigan LeSante wrote:
In an effort to turn the thread back to more useful discussion, I'd like a little [cpu] fitting breathing room on the 'snake - if that's possible Rise - other than that it's looking great Smile

I'll +1 this - a minor CPU addition wouldn't be a bad thing. While we're discussing additions, could we get a 6th launcher? Then we have the option of running as a drone or missile boat. And if the drone bonus took a hit to compensate that would be fine.

CCP Rise, if you give us another launcher on the Rattlesnake I'll take back every bad thing I said about rapid launchers. Lol

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#1104 - 2014-04-22 14:27:19 UTC
...A sixth launcher?

Arthur, has your bitterness over the Nestor finally snapped your mind in twain?

That would make the Rattlesnake the omfgwtfbbqpwnsauce solopwnmcrapemobile of the year.

Don't ever make me type that again.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#1105 - 2014-04-22 14:32:50 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
...A sixth launcher?
Arthur, has your bitterness over the Nestor finally snapped your mind in twain?

That would make the Rattlesnake the omfgwtfbbqpwnsauce solopwnmcrapemobile of the year.
Don't ever make me type that again.

Yes, six. I'm not bitter with the Nestor, merely indifferent. You'll note that I suggested nerfing the drone bonuses to compensate... 4 rapid heavies and a pair of rapid lights would do nicely.
Twisted

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Ebag Trescientas
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1106 - 2014-04-22 14:33:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Ebag Trescientas
Morrigan LeSante wrote:

More CPU?

What are you planning on fitting that is going to need more CPU? I've fit a number of different T2 test fits and had no problems with CPU or PG, even with a 5th T2 cruise launcher.

If you really need more CPU, using RHML will free up some. Worm and Gila are both super tight on CPU, I wouldn't mind seeing an increase for those. RS is the only one that doesn't need it.

Want Pyfa, but with more features?

Pyfa.fit

gascanu
Bearing Srl.
#1107 - 2014-04-22 14:45:13 UTC
Ebag Trescientas wrote:
Morrigan LeSante wrote:

More CPU?

What are you planning on fitting that is going to need more CPU? I've fit a number of different T2 test fits and had no problems with CPU or PG, even with a 5th T2 cruise launcher.

If you really need more CPU, using RHML will free up some. Worm and Gila are both super tight on CPU, I wouldn't mind seeing an increase for those. RS is the only one that doesn't need it.

can you link those fits?
really, i would like to see them, cose from what numbers i run there is no way to get enough cpu for a decent fit without allot of faction mods;
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#1108 - 2014-04-22 14:58:08 UTC
Ebag Trescientas wrote:
Morrigan LeSante wrote:

More CPU?

Full launchers, 3 rigors, TPs, omnis, active tank, DDA, BCUs
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#1109 - 2014-04-22 15:01:58 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Morrigan LeSante wrote:

I'll +1 this - a minor CPU addition wouldn't be a bad thing. While we're discussing additions, could we get a 6th launcher? Then we have the option of running as a drone or missile boat. And if the drone bonus took a hit to compensate that would be fine.

CCP Rise, if you give us another launcher on the Rattlesnake I'll take back every bad thing I said about rapid launchers. Lol

It certainly would be imaginative, if you want MAXIMUM DPS it will have moved fully to the point where one would never fit for drones and go for max missiles instead. But if it could be flown as a drone boat with at least as much functionality as present (note not saying more but no complaints if there was) then the choice of flying it as it is now or embracing the useage of missiles would not be a bad thing.

An excellent drone platform plus decent missiles or an excellent missile platform with decent drones but NOT both excellent at the SAME time.

What's not to like.

But not an meh sort of ok drones and half decent missile boat as present offer . Where trying to use both seems overpowered but only with wierd unbalanced fits.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#1110 - 2014-04-22 15:07:42 UTC
gascanu wrote:

can you link those fits?
really, i would like to see them, cose from what numbers i run there is no way to get enough cpu for a decent fit without allot of faction mods;

From now until the end of time, get it through your head, kid, NO!

If you cannot imagine fitting a boat for what it is supposed to do without any help or handholding maybe EVE isn't for you.

No fitting in here or in any program will tell you what to do after you press 'undock' and none of them will show you what actually happens.

If you need to determine what you like to do or whatever imaginary values you want to achieve, there is this wonderland call SiSi.

Everyone is invited to go there, go nuts and fit what you want. Test what you have fit as often as you see fit. There is no boundery on how often you try something out, for yourself until you found a fit you like.

Save your fit, export it, tell CCP Karkur to make some tiny additions to the fitting browser and import it on TQ.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Last Wolf
Umbra Wing
#1111 - 2014-04-22 15:47:07 UTC
What if the rattle's role bonus was changed to this:

ROLE:
350% Damage, HP, Tracking, Speed, Optimal Range, Falloff, Activation Range for Heavy Drones
275% Damage, HP for Sentry Drones.

Would make me happy at least.

That awkward moment at the Gentlemen's Club when you see your sister on the stage....and you're not sure where to put the money....

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#1112 - 2014-04-22 15:51:09 UTC
Last Wolf wrote:

ROLE:
350% Damage, HP, Tracking, Speed, Optimal Range, Falloff, Activation Range for Heavy Drones

Explain

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#1113 - 2014-04-22 16:15:14 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
Last Wolf wrote:

ROLE:

Explain

Whats to explain. He wants to break even on sentries, but have 9 effective heavies that in theory will deliver their damage to relatively fast targets much better.

I am not certain if the behaviour he wants would result from the changes, given the generally inflexable nature of EVE has shown on drone behaviour in the past. It does not even focus fire or aggress particularly well.
Last Wolf
Umbra Wing
#1114 - 2014-04-22 16:15:34 UTC
There are (a few very loud and obnoxious) people complaining in this thread about losing bonused light drones. If the two super drones where change to be, well super super drones where heavy drones aren't useless and actually perform a role better than the sentries then maybe the rattlesnake would actually a ship that uses heavy drones.

Lets face it, the majority of fits will have nothing but sentry and light drones in the bay. Even if they are unbonused light drones.

I really don't see losing the damage/hp bonus to light drones a big deal (read my previous posts)

I DO however, see heavy drones being useless a big deal. They might as well change the bonus to affect Sentry drones only.

That awkward moment at the Gentlemen's Club when you see your sister on the stage....and you're not sure where to put the money....

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#1115 - 2014-04-22 16:20:09 UTC
heavies will travel much faster in summer at least. so i may start using them against targets at 20km rather than just 10km lol.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

chaosgrimm
Synth Tech
#1116 - 2014-04-22 16:29:53 UTC
Not that I have issues with the new snake, but if the changes to its drone bonuses are to better distinguish the snake from other drone boats, why can't the mach's offensive profile contain a tracking bonus instead a f/o bonus to help distinguish it from both the vargur and t1 minmatar?
Joe Boirele
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1117 - 2014-04-22 16:32:42 UTC
Last Wolf wrote:

ROLE:

This would probably help heavies quite a bit.

Enemies are just friends who stab you in the front.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!"

Ebag Trescientas
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1118 - 2014-04-22 16:33:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Ebag Trescientas
gascanu wrote:

can you link those fits?

Morrigan LeSante wrote:

Full launchers, 3 rigors, TPs, omnis, active tank, DDA, BCUs

[High]
CML II x5
DLA II

[Medium]
LMJD
LSB II
SBA II
AIF II
OTL II
TP II x2

[Low]
BCS II x3
DDA II x3

[Rigs]
LWRC II
LWRC x2

That fit (which I just threw together quickly, I'm sure you could optimize it) requires 5% CPU from implants. Swapping out for faction or M4 would lower that requirement (you could also drop one or two of the rigors).

Keep in mind that I don't have the missile damage bonus on the hull applied (as it's a new bonus, and I haven't messed with creating effects yet, boosting the existing drone bonus was easy though). Even without the 50% hull bonus you still get a DPS of 503 for missile (using fury) and 751 for drones, with 68k EHP, 231 HP/s active tank, and 51 HP/s passive tank.

If you swap the T2 cruise for T2 RHML, you only need a 2% CPU implant. Your weapon DPS drops to 383 (again, without the 50% hull bonus and using fury), so it looks like about a 20% missile damage drop if you use RHML instead of CML (or about 10% of your total damage once hull damage bonus is applied).

So yeah, if you went max damage you could just barely fit it all, and once you apply the hull bonus should be able to break 1500 DPS.

Last Wolf wrote:

ROLE:

It would make a lot of people happy, but as has been pointed out before (when I suggested basically the same thing) heavies need to be fixed at the source, not a band-aid that is put on that only fits RS.

Want Pyfa, but with more features?

Pyfa.fit

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#1119 - 2014-04-22 17:01:31 UTC
Joe Boirele wrote:
Last Wolf wrote:

ROLE:

This would probably help heavies quite a bit.

Heavies are changing in the summer remember. Also putting huge bonuses on a BS to fix an issue with the drones themselves is not the right way to go about it.
Cassandra Aurilien
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1120 - 2014-04-22 17:36:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Cassandra Aurilien
chaosgrimm wrote:
Not that I have issues with the new snake, but if the changes to its drone bonuses are to better distinguish the snake from other drone boats, why can't the mach's offensive profile contain a tracking bonus instead a f/o bonus to help distinguish it from both the vargur and t1 minmatar?

The Vargur has a tracking bonus... Not sure how that would help distinguish it...

Most (but not all) hulls with a tracking bonus are built around long range weapon systems. The Mach being unable to fit 1400's without making pretty major fitting concessions and being given a tracking bonus is weird. (You don't really need the bonus with AC's.)

Edit: The Nightmare is a good example of the effects of the tracking bonus on a long range weapon system. It makes Tach's useful at mid-range.