These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Battleships

First post First post First post
Author
Cassandra Aurilien
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#921 - 2014-04-19 20:23:03 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
On the contrary, the evidence in front of my own eyes is telling me the complete and total opposite of everything you're saying.

Well if you. Live in a parallel universe, that I guess is a plus.

Enjoy your 800m rattlesnakes.
And whatever other illusions you have.
Reality is really not your thing is it?

Prices are dropping, Hard, and in your eyes the market is rising.
People MUST love the rebalance. Anything else is heresy.
There are reports of issues with the ship and in your eyes, everything good must be paid for in pain..

People say they have real issues with certain aspects, and you believe they are all silly people who do not understand and must be told to "get EvE" " your concerns do not matter, I say it is right and proper so suffer"

See a connection here?

Have you had enough argument now that we are permitted to raise our issues with CCP without being spammed over? Had enough attention?

You do realize that even if the Rattlesnake had the exact same demand as the Mach, the price would still be several hundred million cheaper? The largest group of players in the game sits in the middle of Gurista space. I wouldn't be surprised if the CFC has a 2-3 year stockpile of RS blueprints, maybe more.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#922 - 2014-04-19 20:27:57 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Cassandra Aurilien wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
On the contrary, the evidence in front of my own eyes is telling me the complete and total opposite of everything you're saying.

There are reports of issues with the ship and in your eyes, everything good must be paid for in pain..

People say they have real issues with certain aspects, and you believe they are all silly people who do not understand and must be told to "get EvE" " your concerns do not matter, I say it is right and proper so suffer"

See a connection here?

Have you had enough argument now that we are permitted to raise our issues with CCP without being spammed over? Had enough attention?

You do realize that even if the Rattlesnake had the exact same demand as the Mach, the price would still be several hundred million cheaper? The largest group of players in the game sits in the middle of Gurista space. I wouldn't be surprised if the CFC has a 2-3 year stockpile of RS blueprints, maybe more.

They quite possibly have such a large number, and if THEY thought the rattlesnake and Gila were right they would not be in a hurry to sell them. They would drip them onto the market to support the highest price.

No one in their right mind would think of the CFC as being economically illiterate , they are masters of the market.
I suspect that after initial euphoria, they are as disappointed as we are when looking closely.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Cassandra Aurilien
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#923 - 2014-04-19 20:36:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Cassandra Aurilien
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:

See a connection here?

They quite possibly have such a large number, and if THEY thought the rattlesnake and Gila were right they would not be in a hurry to sell them. They would drip them onto the market to support the highest price.

No one in their right mind would think of the CFC as being economically illiterate , they are masters of the market.

That's the point. The price has been slowly moving upwards, in a controlled fashion. That's exactly what I'd expect. I recall seeing RS's for sale at 435 a while back. Going for 500 this far ahead of the summer expansion would seem about right.

Edit: By point of comparison - The Nightmare. No one is saying that it's changes are bad... It's only up to 900 in Jita & it has a far more limited supply. Before the Marauder changes killed it's demand, they ran for about 1.1 billion, I'd expect to see them stabilize somewhere around that in a month, maybe less.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#924 - 2014-04-19 20:54:51 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Arthur: You at least own a Nestor, right?

I did. Despite my best attempts, I just couldn't get it to work for me in PvE. It's sluggish, lacks grid and doesn't really have a good slot layout for an armor-tanked drone boat. A friend tried one out and sold it for a loss after a few days as well. So it's not for want or lack of effort - it's just not a very good ship - even when you disregard the outrageous price tag.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#925 - 2014-04-19 21:22:03 UTC
So, to anyone crowing about the Rattlesnake price drop being indicative of anything...

Did you miss the part where the Goons said they dropped most of their supply on the market as soon as it hit 640 mil per Rattlesnake?

I mean, come on, they basically doubled their money on those, and injected enough to basically double the supply. No duh the price is going down again right now.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#926 - 2014-04-19 22:08:22 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
So, to anyone crowing about the Rattlesnake price drop being indicative of anything...

Did you miss the part where the Goons said they dropped most of their supply on the market as soon as it hit 640 mil per Rattlesnake?

I mean, come on, they basically doubled their money on those, and injected enough to basically double the supply. No duh the price is going down again right now.

Of course if the playerbase had actually decided that after the initial euphoria, on furher examination had actually decided that it had been got right, then the Goons would have been able to sell a hell of a lot more before the price plummeted.

Price dropping by the hour, is hardly consistent with a controlled release of blueprints?

If players were falling over themselves for the Gila and Rattlesnake, almost no supply would not be snapped up. And the goons would be doing everything to maximise their return, not dumping them at 640 as you contend.

But if you think that reflects the ships overall desireability is high, then who wants to disilussion you.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#927 - 2014-04-19 22:21:28 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:

See a connection here?

That's the point. The price has been slowly moving upwards, in a controlled fashion. That's exactly what I'd expect. I recall seeing RS's for sale at 435 a while back. Going for 500 this far ahead of the summer expansion would seem about right.

Edit: By point of comparison - The Nightmare. No one is saying that it's changes are bad... It's only up to 900 in Jita & it has a far more limited supply. Before the Marauder changes killed it's demand, they ran for about 1.1 billion, I'd expect to see them stabilize somewhere around that in a month, maybe less.

So in short the Nightmare changes are well received and the rattlesnake less so? That makes sense.
If the rattlesnake had achieved the same popularity, the supply would have ensured a lower price, but the peak initially and the steady drop since indicates that the playerbase is NOT excited about this, and the rattlesnake remains the last pirate ship in the queue for buyers.

Well apart from the Nestor, at least the rattlesnake is useful.

Pity

First impressions led people to think it had a chance at last, but instead silence from CCP Indicates that it is another missed opportunity. And the drops in price from the peak show people are factoring it in.
Unless I misunderstand you and you really think it is as desirable as the Nightmare?

We appear once again to have been distracted from the issue of trying to get CCP to put this right, still arguing about trivia and failing to focus on the issues, hard work this.

I do not envy CCP rise's job to wade through this. He deserves a medal and a large bottle of whiskey.

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#928 - 2014-04-19 22:26:17 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:

See a connection here?

I suspect that after initial euphoria, they are as disappointed as we are when looking closely.

Many people like me stockpiled rattlesnakes, gilas and worms within minutes of the the worm changes being published. Some of these people are selling part of their stocks now to lock in profit. Me i only bought a few of each and will use them. My friends who also live in gurista space are now selling what i told them to hold until the changes were confirmed. The market changes are in flux because of the buff and the prebuff speculation.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#929 - 2014-04-19 22:33:40 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Silvetica Dian wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:

See a connection here?

Many people like me stockpiled rattlesnakes, gilas and worms within minutes of the the worm changes being published. Some of these people are selling part of their stocks now to lock in profit. Me i only bought a few of each and will use them. My friends who also live in gurista space are now selling what i told them to hold until the changes were confirmed. The market changes are in flux because of the buff and the prebuff speculation.

Of course, quite correct, unfortunately people are not rushing to buy them now they realise that things are not as good as they seemed.

It is not over yet, there is time to correct the glaring issues. It is just like the stratios, the problem with the recloak delay was pointed out, the usual Idiots, screamed that everything was perfect, learn to deal with it, harden up, you always get pain with anything good pain is EvE's way. Yada yada the usual bullshit from the usual people.

And quietly it got fixed.

Why should now be any different.

I hope you get a good price for your Rattlesnakes the ship,deserves to be treated better, it has languished for a long time unloved.

Liam Inkuras
Furnace
#930 - 2014-04-19 22:41:14 UTC
So is this thread going anywhere right now? Or has it devolved into a poo slinging arguement about Rattler prices?

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Joe Boirele
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#931 - 2014-04-19 23:01:15 UTC
I dunno, but I think I like the new rattler better.

Enemies are just friends who stab you in the front.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!"

Last Wolf
Umbra Wing
#932 - 2014-04-19 23:11:27 UTC
Joe Boirele wrote:
I dunno, but I think I like the new rattler better.

Because it IS better.

That awkward moment at the Gentlemen's Club when you see your sister on the stage....and you're not sure where to put the money....

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#933 - 2014-04-19 23:24:43 UTC  |  Edited by: FT Diomedes
The price is dropping again because the market is glutted. People like me have been hoarding Rattlesnake BPCs for months now in anticipation of a buff (it had to come eventually). Once the faction frigate buffs were announced, people started speculating in earnest in the Rattlesnake BPC market. For the time being, supply greatly outstrips demand. Once people can actually start using the ships the demand will pick up some. I expect prices for BPCs to stabilize at around 400m (still 150m more than prior to the announced changes).

As for issues with using the MJD… well, I think you are creating an issue. Why would you MJD to 100 away if your range is 81-84km? With the Rattlesnake, with an active tank (20% shield resist bonus is very nice for that too), there is no reason to use an MJD at all, except to escape hostiles. Any anomaly spawn, nearly every complex, and 95% of missions, the rats will start within your maximum drone control range. You may have gotten used to MJDing away from the rats, but it is hardly a necessary or efficient tactic in every situation (or even most situations).

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#934 - 2014-04-19 23:36:16 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
FT Diomedes wrote:
The price is dropping again because the market is glutted. People like me have been hoarding Rattlesnake BPCs for months now in anticipation of a buff (it had to come eventually). Once the faction frigate buffs were announced, people started speculating in earnest in the Rattlesnake BPC market. For the time being, supply greatly outstrips demand. Once people can actually start using the ships the demand will pick up some. I expect prices for BPCs to stabilize at around 400m (still 150m more than prior to the announced changes).

As for issues with using the MJD… well, I think you are creating an issue. Why would you MJD to 100 away if your range is 81-84km? With the Rattlesnake, with an active tank (20% shield resist bonus is very nice for that too), there is no reason to use an MJD at all, except to escape hostiles. Any anomaly spawn, nearly every complex, and 95% of missions, the rats will start within your maximum drone control range. You may have gotten used to MJDing away from the rats, but it is hardly a necessary or efficient tactic in every situation (or even most situations).

Right, right.

Ok I do not intend to post all the posts again, I know there are 50 odd Pages, but surely you have read enough to know the issues by now?

Please explain how burning 25km at 115m/s is an enjoyable and rewarding play experience while you look up the overall issues.

Oh and have you ever visited a wormhole? You might find things have a different way of occuring other than L4 missions.
Sitting in the Middle of a mass of sleepers is such fun, I suggest you try it for giggles.
Maybe you will have the self restaint not to press the MJD button?
Start with a C1 and see if you can get as high as a C5, should be a load of fun!

To quote the punchline of a very old joke "can we watch?"

Heavens forbid that the rattlesnake is used anywhere else but HS L4 missions, we wouldn't want it to become desireable now would we?

You may detect a hint of sarcasm in this reply, possibly with good reason.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#935 - 2014-04-19 23:38:35 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Of course if the playerbase had actually decided that after the initial euphoria, on furher examination had actually decided that it had been got right, then the Goons would have been able to sell a hell of a lot more before the price plummeted.

Price dropping by the hour, is hardly consistent with a controlled release of blueprints?

If players were falling over themselves for the Gila and Rattlesnake, almost no supply would not be snapped up. And the goons would be doing everything to maximise their return, not dumping them at 640 as you contend.

But if you think that reflects the ships overall desireability is high, then who wants to disilussion you.

It wasn't a controlled release, it was a cash out. Remember when what's his name did that with Scordite a while back and it crashed that market for a while?

The difference with Rattlesnakes is that it is an end state item, high price range, and it does not move at a high pace. The market for it is pretty slow.

Especially since before, stock of it could barely be sold in the first place. I know I wasn't the only guy with one or two just sitting in his hangar because you pretty much couldn't sell it.

Suddenly it's worth something, and everyone and their mother wants to get rid of theirs. But the demand for it, while having increased in value, still isn't all that high because it's FUTURE SPECULATION. You know, that being that it is not useful right now, but for what it will become.

The market is behaving quite predictably, in all honesty. The demand for Rattlesnakes has never been higher, and that's an upward trend that will improve quite a bit once the actual changes are released.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#936 - 2014-04-19 23:44:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaarous Aldurald
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Of course, quite correct, unfortunately people are not rushing to buy them now they realise that things are not as good as they seemed.

No, knucklehead, that is NOT why the price is dropping.

The price is dropping because, even after the initial rush, there is still far more supply than there was demand for a future speculation item that is not useful in the immediate future. (once the changes hit, this thing will be hot like wasabi)

This is because previously the Rattlesnake was worthless, it wasn't even worthy of being a Navy battleship let alone a pirate one. So nobody could sell their stock, and now there are three times as many Rattlesnakes for sale in Jita as there were last week.

So no duh the price is dropping after the initial hike. It's supposed to, especially after the Goons unloaded six or seven hundred on the market the other day.

But here's the thing. No matter hard you and yours QQ about... whatever it is, the Rattlesnake got straight buffed. And hilariously so, for that matter. I honestly don't know what there is to cry about, the ship is rampantly overpowered.

Best Meltdown Ever.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#937 - 2014-04-19 23:47:12 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

It wasn't a controlled release, it was a cash out. Remember when what's his name did that with Scordite a while back and it crashed that market for a while?

The difference with Rattlesnakes is that it is an end state item, high price range, and it does not move at a high pace. The market for it is pretty slow.

Especially since before, stock of it could barely be sold in the first place. I know I wasn't the only guy with one or two just sitting in his hangar because you pretty much couldn't sell it.

Suddenly it's worth something, and everyone and their mother wants to get rid of theirs. But the demand for it, while having increased in value, still isn't all that high because it's FUTURE SPECULATION. You know, that being that it is not useful right now, but for what it will become.

The market is behaving quite predictably, in all honesty. The demand for Rattlesnakes has never been higher, and that's an upward trend that will improve quite a bit once the actual changes are released.

Yes yes, and that effects the issues with the ship how?

What it will become IS what matters, and people are factoring in that the changes may be locked in so demand has pretty much evaporated.

Yes you are right, everyone and their mothers wants to offload them, I wonder why.What?

Maybe we should be trying to help make the ships desirable instead?

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#938 - 2014-04-19 23:47:44 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

What it will become IS what matters, and people are factoring in that the changes may be locked in so demand has pretty much evaporated.

Yes you are right, everyone and thir mothers wands to offload them, I wonder why.

Maybe we should be trying to help makthe ships desireable instead?

What issue? It got straight buffed.

Best Meltdown Ever.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#939 - 2014-04-19 23:54:18 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Yes you are right, everyone and thir mothers wands to offload them, I wonder why.

Shocked

Possibly you might want to make an attempt to read the forums on the Gila and rattlesnake.

You might find that there are opinions that reach a quite different conclusion?

Personally I find reading the forums helps to improve posting.
But I know probably just too much effort.

But do not worry, all the dross on these forums Just makes it harder for CCP rise to find things out, Probably the intention anyway.

But he probably realises by now people are NOT happy, making his job harder isn't going to change that.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#940 - 2014-04-20 00:00:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaarous Aldurald
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Shocked

Possibly you might want to make an attempt to read the forums on the Gila and rattlesnake.

You might find that there are opinions that reach a quite different conclusion?

Personally I find reading the forums helps to improve posting.
But I know probably just too much effort.

I read the threads about the Gila to a great extent.

All I saw was :"Waah I can't use the most broken weapon system in the game anymore!"

Sentry drones. Boo hoo. But those threads were noticeably absent with any real complaints.

Much like how the Rattlesnake is noticeably still able to use sentries. So it's fairly safe to assume the complaints about the Rattler are a by proxy way of trying to get your sentries back on the Gila by complaining about the entire "super drone" concept. You know, since they're coming from the exact same people pouring out tears about the Gila.

I have yet to see a legit complaint about the Rattlesnake. It has 7.5 effective drones, and now 7.5 effective launchers, and horrifyingly a damage bonus that applies to Rapid Heavy Missile Launchers, so the thing will be a quantifiable nightmare.

Best Meltdown Ever.