These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Battleships

First post First post First post
Author
Last Wolf
Umbra Wing
#761 - 2014-04-17 21:06:47 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Don't like the new Rattlesnake? Get the Nestor instead.

Actually, with the LOGI bonuses it has, the nestor would probably be very good at keeping 2 super drones alive.

That awkward moment at the Gentlemen's Club when you see your sister on the stage....and you're not sure where to put the money....

Stein Backstabber
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#762 - 2014-04-17 22:10:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Stein Backstabber
Topher Basquette Dusch-shur wrote:
Hai fanfan wrote:
maybe i'm wrong but the rattle is now a bit "tight " on CPU; you will need to fit bcus now in lows in adition to ddas and those are very cpu hungry;
as an example rattlesnake have the same cpu amount as a nightmare;
asuming an identical med slot fitting( they are shield tanking and have same number of meds), cruise/torpedo launchers use more cpu than lasers and also you will need much more cpu to fit those 6 slots on rattlesnake since you will need ddas and bcus, while on nightmare you will fit 3-4 cpu hungry mods and rest wil be tracking mods with much lower cpu req

I don't think I've ever used more than 3/4 of the available fitting on the snake. Since a cruise missile launcher only takes 10 more CPU than the DLA I really don't see that as a problem. There are also going to be new faction drone mods, it wouldn't surprise me if they, like the CN BCU, use less CPU than the standard mods.

Actually it's extremely tight to fit properly*. Start adding launcher rigs, the CPU gets very tight. Tight, however, isnt impossible.

You do need a decent whack of faction kit though. Mind you, Navy ravens are the same, so are NDomis (were? I've not done them in a while).

It's easy if you're messing about with passive stuff though.

*Most people seemed to muck about with this passive nonsense though, few seemed to eschew that, going active and leveraging the missiles - although with the omni nerf they lost some of their bite, but not a massive amount.
Troah Straken
Dead Star Syndicate
#763 - 2014-04-17 22:35:26 UTC
What if for the gurista's line we swap the 50% damage bonus for missiles with a 50% decrease in reload time for all launchers. Would really help those rapid heavies and so forth shine.
Ebag Trescientas
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#764 - 2014-04-17 22:50:14 UTC
Troah Straken wrote:
What if for the gurista's line we swap the 50% damage bonus for missiles with a 50% decrease in reload time for all launchers. Would really help those rapid heavies and so forth shine.

It would also pigeon-hole the RS and Gila even further, limiting them to effectively being a giant flyswatter against frigates.

As it is, the Gila and RS could fit EITHER the standard or rapid launchers. Decrease in reload time would force it into only the RLML/RHML.

Want Pyfa, but with more features?

Pyfa.fit

Troah Straken
Dead Star Syndicate
#765 - 2014-04-17 23:08:46 UTC
Ebag Trescientas wrote:
Troah Straken wrote:

It would also pigeon-hole the RS and Gila even further, limiting them to effectively being a giant flyswatter against frigates.

As it is, the Gila and RS could fit EITHER the standard or rapid launchers. Decrease in reload time would force it into only the RLML/RHML.

Iwasn't saying just the rapid launchers. I said all launchers and mentioned the rapids in particular. I'll be more clear in the future.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#766 - 2014-04-17 23:15:18 UTC
Troah Straken wrote:
Ebag Trescientas wrote:
Troah Straken wrote:

Iwasn't saying just the rapid launchers. I said all launchers and mentioned the rapids in particular. I'll be more clear in the future.
Pretty sure it was taken that way, but really gaining 5 seconds every 27 volleys for T2 cruise launchers is effectively nothing while the boost to RMHL for the RS would be huge, thus pigeonholing it.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#767 - 2014-04-18 00:12:31 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post and those quoting it.

The Rules:
26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Patri Andari
Thukker Tribe Antiquities Importer
#768 - 2014-04-18 00:19:04 UTC
Ebag Trescientas wrote:
Troah Straken wrote:

naw. A reload bonus would benefit all launchers and be OP as hell.

Be careful what you think, for your thoughts become your words. Be careful what you say, for your words become your actions. Be careful what you do, for your actions become your character. And character is everything. - author unknown

Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#769 - 2014-04-18 00:23:37 UTC
Last Wolf wrote:
I'm thinking a RHML + Orges + 7 mids for webs/scrams = Dead anything that gets within range.

Till the RHML have to re-load It will be the second highest dps battleship in the game. Just ballparking it I'm going to guestimate 1550-1750 dps before overloading. It also can probably get the highest EHP of any battleship. For fleets, if the Rattle can get buy on not fitting any e-war and relying on his fleet to do the tackling the snake will be a PITA to kill (so bad for pirmarying) but also be a big mistake to NOT try and kill first due it its massive DPS. Cruise + Sentries mean the ship's dps is also practically e-war proof and won't do you much good to jam/neut/damp it.

I think my PVE rattler just might become my favorite PvP ship, when I can afford to risk it.
Even the Gila will be pushing 1k dps in a cruiser sized package.

You'll be getting around 780 Dps with 3 DDA from Ogres, so yes if you can get another 700+ Dps out of 5 launchers, 2 BCU and 50% bonus, you will have a 1500 dps battleship.. Chances are though - you won't.
It will be a fine juggling act for Dps - drop a DDA for a BCU, you drop 103 Dps to gain 89. Drop either for a low slot drone tracking link, you are dropping a considerable amount of overall (paper) Dps.

Someone suggested CCP Rise and his pet project - Rapid Launchers - had an influence on the Gila and Snake changes. I would agree. Seems he wasn't happy simply creating niche weapons he is now creating niche ships to use with them.

Or it could be, the Snake (used to be a drone slinging pirate battleship) is being dumbed down to make the Nestor more appealing?

You rarely see pirate battleships in Pvp gangs, they are just too nice a target. I haven't seen a Bhaal in so long I thought they had been removed from the game.
Does anyone expect this situation to change?

Gila has dropped in price since the announced changes - Currently the Snake is at a good place to sell (if people buy them) They are up nearly 200 mil on last weeks prices. If you want to take the profit and run, do it now, prices will drop again soon.

My opinions are mine.

If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#770 - 2014-04-18 00:33:36 UTC
Patri Andari wrote:
Ebag Trescientas wrote:
Troah Straken wrote:

naw. A reload bonus would benefit all launchers and be OP as hell.

How is a 5 second reduction in reload after 27 normal unbonused volleys (remember, this is reload, not cycle time) in any way OP?
Last Wolf
Umbra Wing
#771 - 2014-04-18 01:19:14 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:

You'll be getting around 780 Dps with 3 DDA from Ogres, so yes if you can get another 700+ Dps out of 5 launchers, 2 BCU and 50% bonus, you will have a 1500 dps battleship.. Chances are though - you won't.
It will be a fine juggling act for Dps - drop a DDA for a BCU, you drop 103 Dps to gain 89. Drop either for a low slot drone tracking link, you are dropping a considerable amount of overall (paper) Dps.

If the Raven/Navy Scorp/Navy Raven/Golem can hit 900+ with cruise and 8 effective launchers, I'm sure the rattle can do 700 easily with 7.5 effective launchers.

That awkward moment at the Gentlemen's Club when you see your sister on the stage....and you're not sure where to put the money....

Tharkad Delka
Ice on with your Pick Out
#772 - 2014-04-18 06:24:29 UTC
Mr Doctor wrote:
Nadezda Morozovovna wrote:
Oh, you like to fly rattlesnake?
Let me rework it and completly fu*k everything up

How so? Same drone DPS, added big missile dps buff. Its a straight up buff unless missile range was a big thing for you.... what are you all greetin' aboot?

How about that in Null sec, in a Snake you had a chance against a couple inty's tackling you, but now without the added drone dmg/HP for your Warr II's your basically boned.

Nullified Inty's + 2 shot Warr II's = Defenceless Snake in null
Lucine Delacourt
The Covenant of Blood
#773 - 2014-04-18 06:44:11 UTC
Tharkad Delka wrote:
Mr Doctor wrote:

How so? Same drone DPS, added big missile dps buff. Its a straight up buff unless missile range was a big thing for you.... what are you all greetin' aboot?

How about that in Null sec, in a Snake you had a chance against a couple inty's tackling you, but now without the added drone dmg/HP for your Warr II's your basically boned.

Maybe don't fly a battleship solo? They aren't meant to be solo wtfpwnmobiles but part of gangs and fleets.
Tharkad Delka
Ice on with your Pick Out
#774 - 2014-04-18 06:55:38 UTC
Lucine Delacourt wrote:
Tharkad Delka wrote:
Mr Doctor wrote:

Maybe don't fly a battleship solo? They aren't meant to be solo wtfpwnmobiles but part of gangs and fleets.

Ya don't spend alot of time in Null do ya? most Anom running gets done with 2-3 BS's. BS's Typcially can't deal with Cepters so well, that WAS the role of the Snake BS, Until now.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#775 - 2014-04-18 07:34:11 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Wow Jita price for the rattlesnake is collapsing!Shocked

It really had some gains, I thought it was going up to join the other pirate battleships.Sad

It looks like everyone is realising that the buff they thought they were getting, can't be used without an unacceptable compromise?
What a shame, but I guess the market is talking.

Ccp Rise please let us know you are listening.

This is the issue:- Post #741

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Luscius Uta
#776 - 2014-04-18 08:04:23 UTC
I'm not too happy with some of those changes, although they aren't as bad as cruiser changes (especially PG cripples on Cynabal and Vigilant).

Rattlesnake really isn't improved much, since it still has 7.5 effective drones, although this is compensated by increasing the number of effective launchers. Also, having drone damage bonus built into the hull itself, along with changes to the Drone Interfacing skill means it will be much less skill-intensive. Since light and medium drones will be unbonused, I expect Rapid Heavy Missile setups to become dominant as Cruise missiles cannot hit smaller stuff effectively (while a MJD will also help in such situations, it has a long reactivation time which will be annoying if you had to activate it just to kill a few frigates). At the end of the day, what I expect changes to Gila and Rattlesnake will do is to convince most existing users to switch to Ishtars. The old bonus of 10% to drone damage and hitpoints wasn't broken and was apparently changed just for the sake of changing (which also applies to most of the changes done by CCP in the last year or two, sadly).

Nightmare, being another ship that has little use other than to shoot red crosses, will not benefit much from the afterburner bonus. Good thing is that it still has 10 effective turrets so it was still buffed at the end of the day, but every incursionrunner would be happier if there was some kind of capacitor-related bonus instead of this predictable AB bonus.

Bhaalgorn and Vindicator haven't been changed much and Vindi finally has a decent targeting range - cool.

Machariel wasn't changed much either, scan resolution got nerfed but that's fair when you compare it with other battleships. What I was hoping is to replace one lowslot with a midslot though, to be in pair with the rest of the Angel lineup.

Workarounds are not bugfixes.

Sixx Spades
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#777 - 2014-04-18 08:16:26 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

It really had some gains, I thought it was going up to join the other pirate battleships.Sad

It looks like everyone is realising that the buff they thought they were getting, can't be used without an unacceptable compromise?

No, a lot of us finally cashed out our BPCs and hulls when the price spiked. I've personally been saving close to 60 of them for a couple months now in anticipation of this, finally selling them at double the price i bought them at.

Price speculation based upon Dev Blogs is definitely not a good indicator of ship popularity. Wait for the actual changes to go through and gauge it after the price settles.

Using a weapon as a deterrent in a diplomatic situation is only viable when you have proven that you have deployed it in the past and are willing to use it in the future.

Spugg Galdon
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#778 - 2014-04-18 08:30:59 UTC
Tharkad Delka wrote:
Lucine Delacourt wrote:
Tharkad Delka wrote:
Mr Doctor wrote:

Ya don't spend alot of time in Null do ya? most Anom running gets done with 2-3 BS's. BS's Typcially can't deal with Cepters so well, that WAS the role of the Snake BS, Until now.

Errrrm, how about you drop a mobile depot, refit to deal with the ceptors, RLML's seems as the snake gets a damage bonus to ALL missiles (Therm/Kin), or refit with neuts, cap them out, MJD out of range and warp the **** out. And if you start saying "Blah, blah but ceptors can point me outside of neut range" well, yeah. But they have to SCRAMBLE you to actually tackle you because of MJD's.

BS's are extremely easy to keep safe in anoms/DED sites.

Stop being a tool.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#779 - 2014-04-18 08:33:54 UTC
Sixx Spades wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

No, a lot of us finally cashed out our BPCs and hulls when the price spiked. I've personally been saving close to 60 of them for a couple months now in anticipation of this, finally selling them at double the price i bought them at.

Price speculation based upon Dev Blogs is definitely not a good indicator of ship popularity. Wait for the actual changes to go through and gauge it after the price settles.

Exactly, the initial reaction to the dev blog, raised the price as people thought the rattlesnake was getting a good buff, this gave you a good strong market to sell into, unfortunately once people looked closer they realised that the major part of the buff was unusable, without gimping their fits, so demand dropped, demand drops, price drops.

If the rattlesnake actually was able to use the bonus launcher, then it would have had a real buff, and price would have continued to rise.

Hence "the market has spoken"

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#780 - 2014-04-18 08:42:18 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Spugg Galdon wrote:
Tharkad Delka wrote:
Lucine Delacourt wrote:
Tharkad Delka wrote:

Errrrm, how about you drop a mobile depot, refit to deal with the ceptors, RLML's seems as the snake gets a damage bonus to ALL missiles (Therm/Kin), or refit with neuts, cap them out, MJD out of range and warp the **** out. And if you start saying "Blah, blah but ceptors can point me outside of neut range" well, yeah. But they have to SCRAMBLE you to actually tackle you because of MJD's.

BS's are extremely easy to keep safe in anoms/DED sites.

Stop being a tool.

So you believe that people will drop a mobile depot, and wait a minute for it to deploy while the interceptors chip away and call in heavy damage, or MJD to a point where their drones cannot now actually fire on the interceptors? Oh you mean run away! As there is no choice now. Yeah, running away from rat frigates is a thing it seems.Shocked back to interceptors, after A MJ they are fast enough to catch and repoint you before you warp away, so how does that work?? Fit nanos? Gimp the fit some more? Good idea.What?

And you believe that people will continue to use the rattlesnake, rather than a more suitable ship , where the rattlesnake could handle it before??

And this constitutes a buff?

A bit rich calling the first poster a tool.

The fix is incredibly simple, and adds no power to the ship, so how is nerfing the ship rather than actually making it desirable, the better option? Unbonused light drones, could be accepted and worked around to some degree IF the ship was actually able to use the bonuses promised, but as it stands, all compromise, little benefit.