These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Battleships

First post First post First post
Author
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2301 - 2014-05-08 16:47:38 UTC
Priestess Lin wrote:
The reality is, its still harder for enemies to deal with 5 drones than 2. New Rattlesnake is much weaker to E-war in multiple ways.

Please list these mutiple ways its weaker to E-war.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2302 - 2014-05-08 16:47:50 UTC
Xequecal wrote:
IMHO, the biggest issue is that Gallente is extremely FOTM/overpowered in general at the moment, which means the Rattlesnake's damage bonuses are the two resists everyone has hyper-tanked. It's not going to perform well against the Ishtars that are already everywhere.

Gallente or Gecko?

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2303 - 2014-05-08 16:52:34 UTC
Xequecal wrote:
IMHO, the biggest issue is that Gallente is extremely FOTM/overpowered in general at the moment, which means the Rattlesnake's damage bonuses are the two resists everyone has hyper-tanked. It's not going to perform well against the Ishtars that are already everywhere.

The Gecko shoots rainbow.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2304 - 2014-05-08 16:55:35 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Morukk Nuamzzar wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

I have flown mega with less EHP, lets just put it that wayLol

Does that mean Rattlesnake with Gecko drones will be OP in close combat?

Its entirely possible the rattle will be easier to kill than the drone.

Indeed, thankfully rattlesnakes are reknowned for being soft targets.

Wait....hang on....
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2305 - 2014-05-08 16:59:06 UTC
I'm sure going to miss the sub-$400 million Rattlesnakes...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Priestess Lin
Darkfall Corp
#2306 - 2014-05-08 16:59:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Priestess Lin
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Xequecal wrote:

it doesn't shoot anything since it is only 1 drone that can be easily dealt with as opposed to 5. And heavy drones still suck in pvp, even with the changes.

When discussing weaknesses of heavy drones vs fast frigates: baltec1- " A thanatos with a flight of geckos killed a bomber gang while AFK. So yea, they track frigates just fine." https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4678049#post4678049

Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2307 - 2014-05-08 17:11:44 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Xequecal wrote:

I'm talking about the kin/therm missile bonuses.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#2308 - 2014-05-08 17:13:48 UTC
Priestess Lin wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Xequecal wrote:

it doesn't shoot anything since it is only 1 drone that can be easily dealt with as opposed to 5. And heavy drones still suck in pvp, even with the changes.

Easily dealt with? Its not like the old drones where you just web it and a few rounds will pop it. You are going to have to dedicate a good amount of time to even get it in structure If the angry rattle doesn't kill you first. And given the chance that the drone has taken a heavy beating and finally succumbs to your weapons just poop out another one. You have room for 6 or 5 and a squad of lights. Imagine having to kill 5 HAC tanked drones while a Torp/Cruise/RHML Rattlesnake is beating you down the whole time.
Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#2309 - 2014-05-08 17:14:47 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD LackOfFaith
{Snip. No personal attacks. -- ISD LackOfFaith}

However, to address the non-inflammatory almost point that it has:

Priestess Lin wrote:
The snake is the snake is decided less versatile with the loss of 400m3 drone bay and missile velocity bonus and lost +50% hp and damage on all its drones. Its dependance on 2 heavy drones to attain dps on par with other pirate faction battleships is a clear indication of more on paper, dps-centric thinking.

I will say that High DPS is the new paradigm for this ship. The only real problem with what they are doing is in not raising the DPS higher on the drones.

I have a bad feeling about the half done drone iteration they are doing... that they are going to split out all drone types on the hull bonuses, and leave drones in general in a worse place than they are now, hard as that may be to believe unless you are a Null Blobber and think the whole system works like the emergent drone assist usage we have seen lately.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#2310 - 2014-05-08 17:23:23 UTC
Xequecal wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Xequecal wrote:

I'm talking about the kin/therm missile bonuses.

People really do not remember that the Guristas used to be turrets boat one day before Apocrypha. And make a guess what kind of hybrid- erm oops turrets they had bonusses for?

The Gallente are in no way overpowered. It is that people are broken.

You can take Pascale's triangle for explanation but it is somewhat easier. People want to win thier fights and someone finds out one thing is cool and before you can blink your eyes twice, it appears that everyone is 'doing it'.

And since people do not want to think for themselves we get that flavor of the month or year thingy going on.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2311 - 2014-05-08 17:37:15 UTC
elitatwo wrote:

The Ishtar, Megathron, and Moros are so overpowered that there is absolutely no reason to ever fly any other HAC, battleship, or dreadnought, ever. These three ships are better than all their competitors at literally every relevant role.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2312 - 2014-05-08 17:48:29 UTC
Xequecal wrote:
elitatwo wrote:

The Ishtar, Megathron, and Moros are so overpowered that there is absolutely no reason to ever fly any other HAC, battleship, or dreadnought, ever. These three ships are better than all their competitors at literally every relevant role.

Don't you be getting me nerfed nowStraight
Juin Tsukaya
Perkone
Caldari State
#2313 - 2014-05-08 17:58:06 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Xequecal wrote:
elitatwo wrote:

Don't you be getting me nerfed nowStraight

would ccp really do you wrong?

lol
Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2314 - 2014-05-08 18:08:28 UTC
Xequecal wrote:
elitatwo wrote:

Out of interest, what is the megathron good at? I understand they were used in the fountain war to good affect, but this was against a demoralised and disorganised opponent.

Are they any good in a skirmish, say?

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2315 - 2014-05-08 18:19:24 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD LackOfFaith
On behalf of Center for Advanced Studies, and all other NPC Corps, we would like to disavow any association with Priestess Lin.

Mega's are good because of the tracking bonus, combined with a solid tank, makes them deadly in numbers when fit with rails. They are also scary at point blank range with Blasters.

{Snip. No discussion of moderation, please. -- ISD LackOfFaith}
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2316 - 2014-05-08 18:29:34 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
Mournful Conciousness wrote:

Out of interest, what is the megathron good at? I understand they were used in the fountain war to good affect, but this was against a demoralised and disorganised opponent.

Verily.

I have many different fits for doing many different things but the Cynable mega is one of my favourites as it has a great balance of speed, tank and firepower for small gang stuff.
Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2317 - 2014-05-08 18:41:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Xequecal
Mournful Conciousness wrote:
Xequecal wrote:
elitatwo wrote:

The Megathron has 8 lows and doesn't need fitting mods to fit a rull rack of rails, unlike all laser/artillery BS which need at least one. The Apocalypse needs THREE unless you use faction hardeners. That means it gets a minimum of +2 low slots over all of its armor tanking competitors, which of course more than makes up for having 1 less gun. A rail mega just completely outperforms all the beam laser and artillery BSes, and if for some reason you want to brawl close up, blasters are of course > *.

A rail Mega has superior DPS, range, tracking, speed, signature radius, scan resolution, and cap stability than even a navy armageddon with an identical fit, just swapping rails for tachyons and one heat sink for an RCU to actually fit the guns. The navy armageddon only wins on EHP, but that's obviously because it has 6000 more armor and 3000 more shield/structure as a faction BS.

Tempest needs a grid mod to fit artillery and is left with 8 low/rig slots to fit both tank and damage mods, the Megathron has 11.

It massively outperforms the Rokh at all of these stats at all ranges under 150km, and past that doesn't matter because they can probe a warpin on you in seconds. A mega with 2 MFS does more DPS at any range under 150km than a Rokh with three, all you have to do is go down one ammo type to get the same range. And since the Rokh needs an injector it's reduced to an 8-slot tank (counting rigs) while the Mega can run a 9-slot tank to compensate for the resist bonus, and then still have a sensor booster and tracking computer on top of that. Oh yeah, and it has half the signature radius of the Rokh.

The Maelstrom is the closest competition because it has high alpha, but its tank, dps, and tracking are vastly inferior and it has a gigantic signature which gets eaten up by bombers.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2318 - 2014-05-08 18:45:57 UTC
What I'm hearing there is "Buff lasers".

Which I've been saying for a while.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2319 - 2014-05-08 18:58:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Xequecal
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
What I'm hearing there is "Buff lasers".

Which I've been saying for a while.

It's not so much the lasers, it's that 8 lows on a regular battleship is ridiculous. You gain tons of CPU and PG from the gun you don't have to fit, and in the worst case you can just put a damage mod in that low to more than make up for the lost gun. On the other hand, if you want more tank, you have an extra low that nobody else has.

If the Apoc had an 8/4/7 layout it would actually be competitive with the Mega, you would not need any grid mods to fit 7 tachyon IIs. Inside antimatter range the superior tracking would help you better apply your inferior paper DPS, and outside that range you'd have better paper DPS. Cap stability would be worse but all the other stats would be comparable.

Similarly, if the Mega was 7/4/8 it would be pretty bad, 8 guns means it needs a grid mod to fit 8 guns + mwd + two plates and the 8th gun means it's about 40 CPU short of an effective fit.
ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#2320 - 2014-05-08 19:42:36 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD LackOfFaith
Quote:

4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

11. Discussion of forum moderation is prohibited.

The discussion of EVE Online forum moderation actions generally leads to flaming, trolling and baiting of our ISD CCL moderators. As such, this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. If you have questions regarding the actions of a moderator, please file a petition under the Community & Forums Category.

22. Post constructively.

Negative feedback can be very useful to further improve EVE Online provided that it is presented in a civil and factual manner. All users are encouraged to honestly express their feelings regarding EVE Online and how it can be improved. Posts that are non-constructive, insulting or in breach of the rules will be deleted regardless of how valid the ideas behind them may be. Users are also reminded that posting with a lack of content also constitutes non-constructive posting.

26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.

Thread cleaned up as per the above rules. Please refrain from ad hominems and catfighting, and keep things constructive and on-topic.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.