These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Battleships

First post First post First post
Author
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2281 - 2014-05-08 15:15:13 UTC  |  Edited by: afkalt
baltec1 wrote:
I have no idea why you think this ship is any more vulnerable to ewar.

Because hobgoblins are a bigger threat to a rook/falcon than the omfg-get-it-off-get-it-off-oh-god-its-on-me-ubergecko.

Or something.
Juin Tsukaya
Perkone
Caldari State
#2282 - 2014-05-08 15:16:35 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

This is no different to a kronos getting jammed and losing all of its dps. This drone is going to have up to the EHP of a low tank battleship.

I dont know the math as well as others of you do. we talking ehp tank of shield or armor? don't want to have to RR my drones from a rattler. just looks sad.
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2283 - 2014-05-08 15:18:25 UTC  |  Edited by: afkalt
Juin Tsukaya wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

This is no different to a kronos getting jammed and losing all of its dps. This drone is going to have up to the EHP of a low tank battleship.

I dont know the math as well as others of you do. we talking ehp tank of shield or armor? don't want to have to RR my drones from a rattler. just looks sad.

I dont recall exactly, but the numbers floating about were in the 40-50k ehp range.

I'd look back on the thread, but it's just a car crash of deleted posts once a certain alt starts spouting so it's very hard to navigate.
Priestess Lin
Darkfall Corp
#2284 - 2014-05-08 15:19:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Priestess Lin
afkalt wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
I have no idea why you think this ship is any more vulnerable to ewar.

Because hobgoblins are a bigger threat to a rook/falcon than the omfg-get-it-off-get-it-off-oh-god-its-on-me-ubergecko.

Or something.

actually its simple.

its primary dps source is chaging from drones to missiles. Missile DPS can be shut down by jamming. Drones don't stop when you get jammed. Its also losing +50 hp and damage on its light and medium drones, which are very important when you are facing ewar.

It is pretty funny you guys who are happy with the Snake can't understand this basic stuff. Lol

When discussing weaknesses of heavy drones vs fast frigates: baltec1- " A thanatos with a flight of geckos killed a bomber gang while AFK. So yea, they track frigates just fine." https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4678049#post4678049

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2285 - 2014-05-08 15:19:30 UTC
Juin Tsukaya wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Overall hitpoints of between thirty five and forty five thousand, depending on rigs and skills.

It will be freaking insane. Like having a pocket AHAC alongside your dps bonused missiles of any size.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2286 - 2014-05-08 15:20:59 UTC
afkalt wrote:
Juin Tsukaya wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

I dont recall exactly, but the numbers floating about were in the 40-50k ehp range.

I'd look back on the thread, but it's just a car crash of deleted posts once a certain alt starts spouting so it's very hard to navigate.

I have flown mega with less EHP, lets just put it that wayLol
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2287 - 2014-05-08 15:25:29 UTC  |  Edited by: afkalt
baltec1 wrote:
afkalt wrote:
Juin Tsukaya wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Surely it died in a fire due to a lack of bonused lights? Lol

But seriously, yeah these things are tough, one of mine took full room aggro in a level 4, webbed and everything, made it back from 30km away and wasnt even into armor
Juin Tsukaya
Perkone
Caldari State
#2288 - 2014-05-08 15:26:32 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

yes, but is that armor or shields hp? not really relevant to most, I just tend to forget to rep my drones for a while. then I have an OH S! moment when the shields go. So was wondering tank type don't want to be in the middle of a 7 space mission and half way through have to go get it repped. it will tell me if I should invest in rep drones.

answered my own question there, wouldn't have the spare bandwidth.
Priestess Lin
Darkfall Corp
#2289 - 2014-05-08 15:29:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Priestess Lin
The reality is, its still harder for enemies to deal with 5 drones than 2. New Rattlesnake is much weaker to E-war in multiple ways.

Also I just want to emphasis this point right here again, since some people seem to have trouble comprehending:

Juin Tsukaya wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Priestess Lin wrote:
Not all battleships need be the same

No, they don't all need to be the same.

So stop asking for the Rattlesnake to be turned back into the Shield Dominix. They don't need to be the same.

RS shield missile drone
Domi Armor hybrid drone

only see 1 thing in common so not a double up, not the same

When discussing weaknesses of heavy drones vs fast frigates: baltec1- " A thanatos with a flight of geckos killed a bomber gang while AFK. So yea, they track frigates just fine." https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4678049#post4678049

Morukk Nuamzzar
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#2290 - 2014-05-08 15:32:36 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

Does that mean Rattlesnake with Gecko drones will be OP in close combat?
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#2291 - 2014-05-08 15:38:44 UTC
Morukk Nuamzzar wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

well lets say shooting the drone (cause it will only have one) might not be the best way to counter it. if/when it comes on SiSi we may have a better idea.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2292 - 2014-05-08 16:25:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Things that will suck on the new Rattlesnake:

• Inability to have a drone link augmenter and remote armor repair without dropping a launcher
• Inability to remote repair a Gecko with shield, armor or hull repair drones
• Inability to remote repair a Gecko while in combat
• Inability to repair a Gecko without losing all drone DPS for the repair cycle

It should really receive another high or low slot (my preference is low). Don't get me wrong, I'll still fly it - I just wish it could be tweaked slightly.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2293 - 2014-05-08 16:39:18 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

• Inability to have a drone link augmenter and remote armor repair without dropping a launcher

It should really receive another high or low slot (my preference is low). Don't get me wrong, I'll still fly it - I just wish it could be tweaked slightly.

Personally, because it's just so damned versatile, I will be bringing along a mobile depot to refit between a heavy neut and an armor repper in my utility highslot.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#2294 - 2014-05-08 16:42:04 UTC
am i the only one who bothers to manage drone aggro and, failing that, repair at station? lol

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2295 - 2014-05-08 16:43:15 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:
am i the only one who bothers to manage drone aggro and, failing that, repair at station? lol

No, but I like having the ability to repair my drones mid-mission.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2296 - 2014-05-08 16:43:58 UTC
IMHO, the biggest issue is that Gallente is extremely FOTM/overpowered in general at the moment, which means the Rattlesnake's damage bonuses are the two resists everyone has hyper-tanked. It's not going to perform well against the Ishtars that are already everywhere.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2297 - 2014-05-08 16:44:34 UTC
Juin Tsukaya wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

yes, but is that armor or shields hp? not really relevant to most, I just tend to forget to rep my drones for a while. then I have an OH S! moment when the shields go. So was wondering tank type don't want to be in the middle of a 7 space mission and half way through have to go get it repped. it will tell me if I should invest in rep drones.

answered my own question there, wouldn't have the spare bandwidth.

Both, it is total EHPBlink
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2298 - 2014-05-08 16:45:23 UTC
Morukk Nuamzzar wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Its entirely possible the rattle will be easier to kill than the drone.
Priestess Lin
Darkfall Corp
#2299 - 2014-05-08 16:45:31 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD LackOfFaith
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

Personally, because it's just so damned versatile, I will be bringing along a mobile depot to refit between a heavy neut and an armor repper in my utility highslot.

{Snip. Please refrain from making stuff personal. -- ISD LackOfFaith}

The snake is the snake is decided less versatile with the loss of 400m3 drone bay and missile velocity bonus and lost +50% hp and damage on all its drones. Its dependance on 2 heavy drones to attain dps on par with other pirate faction battleships is a clear indication of more on paper, dps-centric thinking.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2300 - 2014-05-08 16:46:26 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:

No.

But under most circumstances drones can be easily replaced. This one, I definitely want alive, even if I have a bunch to spare.

Best Meltdown Ever.