These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Battleships

First post First post First post
Author
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2241 - 2014-05-08 08:42:05 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Welcome to the club, others felt like that since they realised the real meaning of the original post.

Hopefully, the new rattlesnake will not stay in this crappy state and will actually have some resemblance to how it was described at Fanfest.
I did not believe the Gheco would receive the summer boosts others expected it to, which was why I am hoping the ship would get some decent stats for its overall drone system. No part of the new drone system can be described as an improvemt and most parts are a net negative.
Otherwise the whole fanfest announcement would be completely untrue.
guristas ships will have Most powerful subcap drone systems in eve LoL *deep sarcasm detected*

They couldn't expect that no one would notice could they?Roll

Oh, I've been a member since they rolled out the changes to rapid launchers… Twisted
The Rattlesnake will be no more powerful as a drone platform in Kronos as it is now. Which is unfortunate, because these dual-weapon systems are not ideal for a variety of reasons. If they gave it another low that would be a good start.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#2242 - 2014-05-08 08:46:57 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Welcome to the club, others felt like that since they realised the real meaning of the original post.

Hopefully, the new rattlesnake will not stay in this crappy state and will actually have some resemblance to how it was described at Fanfest.
I did not believe the Gheco would receive the summer boosts others expected it to, which was why I am hoping the ship would get some decent stats for its overall drone system. No part of the new drone system can be described as an improvemt and most parts are a net negative.
Otherwise the whole fanfest announcement would be completely untrue.
guristas ships will have Most powerful subcap drone systems in eve LoL *deep sarcasm detected*

They couldn't expect that no one would notice could they?Roll

Oh, I've been a member since they rolled out the changes to rapid launchers… Twisted
The Rattlesnake will be no more powerful as a drone platform in Kronos as it is now. Which is unfortunate, because these dual-weapon systems are not ideal for a variety of reasons. If they gave it another low that would be a good start.

Firstly It is a far worse drone system than we have now.

No bonused lights. ewar drones,mediums, all 50% nerfed.
And we get fewer drones, and no bonuses to make up for the disadvantages.
(Nothing wrong with fewer drones if there is something to balance it out, lower signature? Higher orbit speed? Built in ewar? )
Let alone the lack of any boost as was indicated, clearly at fanfest, is their intention.

Personally I would like to see a real boost to the tracking, orbit speed, and damage to heavies on the rattlesnake.
Keeping the smaller drone bonuses would make many happy, but if the heavies get the required boost then that is less important.
Sentries? They are a matter of preference, since the omni nerf, if you want to apply damage with sentries, theres only the ishtar and dominix available.
Really Good heavy drones, probably suit the rattlesnake, with weak heavies, then why bother with it at all.

The geckho is a good example of what stats should be applied to heavy drones on the rattlesnake.
CCP can see it is popular, and will make the rattlesnake popular, for the first time, ever.
If you had two geckos on this ship, even without kronos boosts, it would be fine, T1 dominix does drones better though,

So arthur, I think that the rattlesnake should get a 50mbps drone bay with 10% bonus to drone damage, tracking and hitpoints.
In addition to a 275% bonus to heavy and sentry drone damage, and hitpoints.

Regarding an additional low slot.
That would be a good option, as then there is a choice for either an additional damage mod or one of the new kronos mods (whatever they might be) not going to get anyones blood pumping, not really headline material, but a solid improvement for all that.

The proposed Kronos Rattlesnake is like being promised a new age, with a new king, ruler of the drones, and when turning up at the coronation finding a mouthy teenage with a burger king crown instead.

Ditch the pretender, the old king was not a bad king, he just needed some better drones at his disposal.

So how about this.
RATTLESNAKE

Gallente Battleship Bonus:
10% bonus to kinetic and thermal missile damage, plus 10% bonus to drone damage, tracking, and hitpoints

Caldari Battleship Bonus:
4% bonus to all shield resistances

Role Bonus:
275% bonus to heavy and sentry drone damage and hitpoints and 50% bonus to heavy drone (warp AND non warp) velocity (was 50% bonus to Cruise missile and Torpedo max velocity)

Slot layout: 6H, 7M, 6L; 0 turrets, 5 launchers(+1)
Fittings: 10000 PWG, 710 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 12750 / 8940(-358) / 9960
Capacitor (amount / recharge / cap per second) : 5350(+38) / 1154000ms / 4.59
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 94 / .128 / 99300000 / 18.45s
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 50(-75) / 200(-200)
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 75km / 100 / 7
Sensor strength: 30
Signature radius: 450(-10)

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2243 - 2014-05-08 08:50:38 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Mournful Conciousness wrote:
Do you have a link to the post that brings the effect of advanced drone interfacing down to 10% per level? I seem to have missed that.

Yes, it's in a dev blog (there's also a link to a spreadsheet with the new drone values in Kronos).
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/giving-drones-an-assist/

Oh yes. I thought 2000dps from a spider-tanked thanatos was a little too good to be true...

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2244 - 2014-05-08 09:04:18 UTC
It's only because it's a faction drone. Same as faction weapons not getting specialization boosts.
LostEnomis
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2245 - 2014-05-08 09:04:36 UTC  |  Edited by: LostEnomis
Rattle will only have 50 drone band cant it have 100 now we has geckos??? Rattle might be useful then
Vulfen
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#2246 - 2014-05-08 09:19:41 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
He's right. We've been hoodwinked…
We're actually getting a NERF to the Gecko with the Kronos update.
Basically whatever damage it's doing now - expect it to drop 6.3%...

Ogre II (pre-Kronos)
• 48 damage, 1.92x amplifier, 2.0x interface, 0.25x heavy drone, 0.10 racial
• (5) * 1.92 * 48 * 2.75 (skills) * 1.5 (Rattlesnake) * 1.778 (4 DDAs) / 4s ROF = 844.9 dps

Ogre II (post-Kronos)
• 64 damage, 1.92x amplifier, 1.5x interface, 0.25x heavy drone, 0.10 racial
• (2) * 1.92 * 64 * 2.0625 (skills) * 3.75 (Rattlesnake) * 1.778 (4 DDAs) / 4s ROF = 844.9 dps (±0)

Gecko (pre-Kronos)
• 128 damage, 2.05x amplifier, 2.0x interface, 0.25x heavy drone
• (2) * 2.05 * 128 * 2.5 (skills) * 1.5 (Rattlesnake) * 1.778 (4 DDAs) / 4s ROF = 874.8 dps

Gecko (post-Kronos)
• 128 damage, 2.05x amplifier, 1.5x interface, 0.25x heavy drone
* (1) * 2.05 * 128 * 1.875 (skills) * 3.75 (Rattlesnake) * 1.778 (4 DDAs) / 4s ROF = 820.1 dps (-6.3%)

Feel free to check my math and point out any errors. FML, this sucks. Evil
My enthusiasm for the new Rattlesnake just flamed out...

due to the speed and tracking of these drones i think you need to take a look at them compared to all the other drones.

Which i believe it will beat all other heavy drones for DPS even post changes.
Ogres are slow meaning the damage application is still poor due to travel time, the gecko sent 20km will get extra dps away before the Ogres are in range.

Personally i think the gecko was designed for the Eos, you can fit 2 in the ship, they go wkd fast & track well. from the T2 setup i would expect 640DPS from just drones on the Eos. With faction mods it will be more. The rattlesnake will enjoy them aswell depending on the situation.

I believe the Rattlesnake should hit just shy of 1k dps with ogres and faction mods so about 900ish with a gecko
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#2247 - 2014-05-08 09:24:53 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Vulfen wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
He's right. We've been hoodwinked…
We're actually getting a NERF to the Gecko with the Kronos update.
Basically whatever damage it's doing now - expect it to drop 6.3%...

Ogre II (pre-Kronos)
• 48 damage, 1.92x amplifier, 2.0x interface, 0.25x heavy drone, 0.10 racial
• (5) * 1.92 * 48 * 2.75 (skills) * 1.5 (Rattlesnake) * 1.778 (4 DDAs) / 4s ROF = 844.9 dps

Ogre II (post-Kronos)
• 64 damage, 1.92x amplifier, 1.5x interface, 0.25x heavy drone, 0.10 racial
• (2) * 1.92 * 64 * 2.0625 (skills) * 3.75 (Rattlesnake) * 1.778 (4 DDAs) / 4s ROF = 844.9 dps (±0)

Gecko (pre-Kronos)
• 128 damage, 2.05x amplifier, 2.0x interface, 0.25x heavy drone
• (2) * 2.05 * 128 * 2.5 (skills) * 1.5 (Rattlesnake) * 1.778 (4 DDAs) / 4s ROF = 874.8 dps

Gecko (post-Kronos)
• 128 damage, 2.05x amplifier, 1.5x interface, 0.25x heavy drone
* (1) * 2.05 * 128 * 1.875 (skills) * 3.75 (Rattlesnake) * 1.778 (4 DDAs) / 4s ROF = 820.1 dps (-6.3%)

Feel free to check my math and point out any errors. FML, this sucks. Evil
My enthusiasm for the new Rattlesnake just flamed out...

due to the speed and tracking of these drones i think you need to take a look at them compared to all the other drones.

Which i believe it will beat all other heavy drones for DPS even post changes.
Ogres are slow meaning the damage application is still poor due to travel time, the gecko sent 20km will get extra dps away before the Ogres are in range.

Personally i think the gecko was designed for the Eos, you can fit 2 in the ship, they go wkd fast & track well. from the T2 setup i would expect 640DPS from just drones on the Eos. With faction mods it will be more. The rattlesnake will enjoy them aswell depending on the situation.

I believe the Rattlesnake should hit just shy of 1k dps with ogres and faction mods so about 900ish with a gecko

The ogres, will of course apply far less actual damage than the gecko. The ships with tracking bonuses , the drone ships, will also get much closer to these figures.

Very strange that the guristas, who they have just described as the drone faction, have no drone tracking or drone speed, bonuses at all.

Very strange.... Possibly still to be announced?

Vulfen
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#2248 - 2014-05-08 09:30:37 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

So how about this.
RATTLESNAKE

10% bonus to kinetic and thermal missile damage, plus 10% bonus to drone damage, tracking, and hitpoints

Role Bonus:
275% bonus to heavy and sentry drone damage and hitpoints and 50% bonus to heavy drone (warp AND non warp) velocity (was 50% bonus to Cruise missile and Torpedo max velocity)

Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 94 / .128 / 99300000 / 18.45s
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 75km / 100 / 7

So are you just trying to make this the only ship ever flown by anyone?
You cannot have so many bonuses on this ship.

I have an idea of a bonus that people might like. to be applied in the role. how about "All heavy drones launched from this ship gain a warp drive and will follow the launching ship in warp." this way it gives it something highly unique compared to the domi/ishtar making it like a mini carrier.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#2249 - 2014-05-08 09:35:45 UTC
Vulfen wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

So how about this.
RATTLESNAKE

Role Bonus:

So are you just trying to make this the only ship ever flown by anyone?
You cannot have so many bonuses on this ship.

I have an idea of a bonus that people might like. to be applied in the role. how about "All heavy drones launched from this ship gain a warp drive and will follow the launching ship in warp." this way it gives it something highly unique compared to the domi/ishtar making it like a mini carrier.

Actually the only reason it seems like so many bonuses, is they have to be split up and become wordy, to try to balance out the change to two drones, the effect of that is so immense, there have to be two bonuses just to try to make things the same as before.
I will try to reword it so it does not sound so.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#2250 - 2014-05-08 09:41:11 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Ok reworded to make it cleaner.

So how about this.
RATTLESNAKE

10% bonus to drone damage, tracking,speed and hitpoints

Role Bonus:
50% bonus to kinetic and thermal missile damage. (Was 50% bonus to Cruise missile and Torpedo max velocity)

Ship Rebalance bonus
275% bonus to heavy and sentry drone damage and hitpoints.
(Note 50mbps bandwidth overall damage unchanged)

Clearer?

Vulfen
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#2251 - 2014-05-08 09:43:28 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Actually the only reason it seems like so many bonuses, is they have to be split up and become wordy, to try to balance out the change to two drones, the effect of that is so immense, there have to be two bonuses just to try to make things the same as before.

Its not the way its worded. No T1 Hull gets 2 bonuses for a skill. it must be 1 bonus. It must conform to the current eve model.

Therefore you cannot have a missile damage bonus and a drone damage bonus on the same skill.

The only place where you may get 2 "bonuses" is in the Role bonuses.
Like the Bhaal;
Role Bonus:
100% bonus to Large Energy Turret Damage
note: Energy Vampires fitted to this ship will drain targeted ship's capacitor regardless of your own capacitor level

The second bonus is not a bonus just a note of an aspect of the ship. Just like my "Drones follow you into warp" would be a notes against the ship
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#2252 - 2014-05-08 09:45:22 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Vulfen wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Its not the way its worded. No T1 Hull gets 2 bonuses for a skill. it must be 1 bonus. It must conform to the current eve model.

Therefore you cannot have a missile damage bonus and a drone damage bonus on the same skill.

The only place where you may get 2 "bonuses" is in the Role bonuses.
Like the Bhaal;
Role Bonus:
100% bonus to Large Energy Turret Damage
note: Energy Vampires fitted to this ship will drain targeted ship's capacitor regardless of your own capacitor level

The second bonus is not a bonus just a note of an aspect of the ship. Just like my "Drones follow you into warp" would be a notes against the ship

Done. See above.
The ship rebalancing bonus is to take account of something they have never done before, so naturally there is no precedent.

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#2253 - 2014-05-08 09:54:25 UTC
ha ha, yeah i thought it was a bit OP

ah well, use em while we can.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Vulfen
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#2254 - 2014-05-08 10:02:22 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Done. See above.
The ship rebalancing bonus is to take account of something they have never done before, so naturally there is no precedent.

A ship rebalance bonus is not going to be a thing CCP will use. and your still double bonusing the heavy drones, which makes them OP. you have to reduce the big bonus to 150% to make it correct. otherwise you are effectively having 1.3k dps from heavy drones, before adding in missile DPS.
nahjustwarpin
SUPER DUPER SPACE TRUCKS
#2255 - 2014-05-08 10:07:28 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

So how about this.
RATTLESNAKE

Role Bonus:
50% bonus to kinetic and thermal missile damage. (Was 50% bonus to Cruise missile and Torpedo max velocity)

Ship Rebalance bonus

Clearer?

do you realize that thing has almost 1890 dps and double bonus to drone hp (50% more hp on top of what is in role bonus)
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#2256 - 2014-05-08 10:09:53 UTC
Vulfen wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

Done. See above.

A ship rebalance bonus is not going to be a thing CCP will use. and your still double bonusing the heavy drones, which makes them OP. you have to reduce the big bonus to 150% to make it correct. otherwise you are effectively having 1.3k dps from heavy drones, before adding in missile DPS.

Ok
No it is not a mistake
Yes I am showing the heavies double bonused, that is intentional, the ship rebalancing bonus is ONLY there because ccp are doing something unique, never done before. They said clearly in the keynote that they intended the guristas ships to have increased drone damage, if they feel it is overpowered, then the missile side can be looked at, however they said the ship was underpowered and needed a buff. if you believe that makes a pirate ship overpowered, then you are entitled to that opinion.
Regarding hero drones This is a major, game changing unique event.
They can call it whatever they please. One cannot demand they call it a role bonus because that is what we expect, as that is where changes usually go.
Extreme changes demand a different mindset.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2257 - 2014-05-08 10:13:25 UTC
nahjustwarpin wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

So how about this.
RATTLESNAKE

Role Bonus:

Ship Rebalance bonus

Clearer?

do you realize that thing has almost 1890 dps and double bonus to drone hp (50% more hp on top of what is in role bonus)

We already shot this idea down many times. Not only do we have what you pointed out but we also have a ship that will instakill frigates gangs, crush any cruiser in a matter of seconds and still be able to take on battleships it meets. He has been told dosens of times that what he wants is simply far too overpowered.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#2258 - 2014-05-08 10:14:21 UTC
nahjustwarpin wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

So how about this.
RATTLESNAKE

Role Bonus:

Ship Rebalance bonus

Clearer?

Sorry? 50% bonus = 150 total not 200 (double)
Say damage is 500 50% bonus is 250 total 750. 750 is nor double 500 The ship balance bonus only restores the status quo.

Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2259 - 2014-05-08 10:20:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Mournful Conciousness
information removed and reposted since this one useful post has been lost in a storm of trolling...

...guys, can you please grow up?

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

nahjustwarpin
SUPER DUPER SPACE TRUCKS
#2260 - 2014-05-08 10:51:20 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
nahjustwarpin wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:

So how about this.
RATTLESNAKE

Role Bonus:

Ship Rebalance bonus

Clearer?

Sorry? 50% bonus = 150 total not 200 (double)
Say damage is 500 50% bonus is 250 total 750. 750 is nor double 500 The ship balance bonus only restores the status quo.

i'm talking about
"275% bonus to heavy and sentry drone damage and hitpoints."
and "10% bonus to drone damage, tracking,speed and hitpoints"

first bonus gives 2 heavy/sentry drones after patch hp of 5 heavy/sentry drones pre-patch, so like normal bonuses now (domi,ishtar etc) but second bonus does exactly the same and increases the hp even further.

Dude, you can't be that naive to think ccp would implement a ship that can field drones with total hp 50% more than it's equivalents (domi/ishtar), massive tank with 4% resistance bonus and 1890 dps on top of it.