These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Battleships

First post First post First post
Author
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2201 - 2014-05-07 13:49:53 UTC
Mournful Conciousness wrote:
It's by no means a terribly frightening pirate ship, but it's going to have a role as a very effective and strong brawler that can hit out to all reasonable ranges with max dps with no falloff penalties.

I dunno… 1800 dps out to 84km is pretty frightening...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Vulfen
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#2202 - 2014-05-07 14:14:38 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
It's by no means a terribly frightening pirate ship, but it's going to have a role as a very effective and strong brawler that can hit out to all reasonable ranges with max dps with no falloff penalties.

I dunno… 1800 dps out to 84km is pretty frightening...

try just plain brawling... torps please
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2203 - 2014-05-07 14:37:04 UTC
Vulfen wrote:

I guess. The only way I can see torpedoes working is with a full complement of rigors, flares and webs. That's a lot of real estate for slightly more damage...

Vulfen
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#2204 - 2014-05-07 14:44:59 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Vulfen wrote:

I guess. The only way I can see torpedoes working is with a full complement of rigors, flares and webs. That's a lot of real estate for slightly more damage...

It will work just fine in Low + High vs bs sized ships in station & gate engagements. i know it will struggle beyond that. but you would want to think twice before engaging a fleet of them on a gate.
Mournful Conciousness
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2205 - 2014-05-07 15:17:19 UTC
Vulfen wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Vulfen wrote:

It will work just fine in Low + High vs bs sized ships in station & gate engagements. i know it will struggle beyond that. but you would want to think twice before engaging a fleet of them on a gate.

Get 2 people in your gang to fit a target painter each. The cruise/gecko combination will hit cruisers very hard. The rattlesnake will need some support to guard against frigates. A phantasm perhaps?

Embers Children is recruiting carefully selected pilots who like wormholes, green killboards and the sweet taste of tears. You can convo me in game or join the chat "TOHA Lounge".

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2206 - 2014-05-07 15:42:09 UTC
Get 2 people in your gang to fit a target painter each. The cruise/gecko combination will hit cruisers very hard. The rattlesnake will need some support to guard against frigates. A phantasm perhaps?

Rapid light launchers? (they benefit from the damage bonus)

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2207 - 2014-05-07 15:51:58 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

Or just rapid heavies with Precision and a Rigor
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2208 - 2014-05-07 18:51:10 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

Or just rapid heavies with Precision and a Rigor

This is precluded because he wants to use drone hitpoint rigs.

That will be one interesting thing, I believe. This ship can be altered fairly dramatically with a variety of rigs, it's versatility is pretty much unmatched.

Personally, I cannot wait to get it on SiSi. *clicks heels together three times*

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2209 - 2014-05-07 20:21:54 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
This is precluded because he wants to use drone hitpoint rigs. That will be one interesting thing, I believe. This ship can be altered fairly dramatically with a variety of rigs, it's versatility is pretty much unmatched.

Correct. This is the only way to enhance the existing durability, and a 75% increase to hit points seemed like a good idea at the time.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2210 - 2014-05-07 20:53:18 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
This is precluded because he wants to use drone hitpoint rigs. That will be one interesting thing, I believe. This ship can be altered fairly dramatically with a variety of rigs, it's versatility is pretty much unmatched.

Correct. This is the only way to enhance the existing durability, and a 75% increase to hit points seemed like a good idea at the time.

My first test will likely be two drone hitpoint rigs and one rigor, for damage application of the missiles. The Gecko itself has little issue with application.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2211 - 2014-05-07 21:30:04 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
The Gecko itself has little issue with application.

I tend to agree. I ran a tracking scripted omni and it had little noticeable benefit.

Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#2212 - 2014-05-07 23:57:54 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
The Gecko itself has little issue with application.

I tend to agree. I ran a tracking scripted omni and it had little noticeable benefit.

I've been playing with my Snake and Geckos

Findings;
Geckos are fun to use
Durability rigs aren't going to be really needed as the gecko seems to speed tank quite well (even better post summer update) - For Pvp when a Gecko gets targeted durability rigs may help but if you manage engage range, recall will work and leaves rig slots for Missile application rigs - For Pve, I'd use rig slots for missile application.

Gecko + Rhml (with reload time bonus Please) will be a fearsome combination..
35 second reload is just too long (and really not fun or interesting game play) - Reload 20 seconds, adjust launcher Rof to suit for same Dps.
I don't want a Rapid Launcher buff, just a reasonable reload time for more engaging game play. 35 seconds out of every 2 mins with nothing to do but wait, is not fun.

My opinions are mine.

If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2213 - 2014-05-08 00:44:00 UTC
Sgt Ocker wrote:
Durability rigs aren't going to be really needed as the gecko seems to speed tank quite well (even better post summer update) - For Pvp when a Gecko gets targeted durability rigs may help but if you manage engage range, recall will work and leaves rig slots for Missile application rigs - For Pve, I'd use rig slots for missile application.

Gecko + Rhml (with reload time bonus Please) will be a fearsome combination..
35 second reload is just too long (and really not fun or interesting game play) - Reload 20 seconds, adjust launcher Rof to suit for same Dps. I don't want a Rapid Launcher buff, just a reasonable reload time for more engaging game play. 35 seconds out of every 2 mins with nothing to do but wait, is not fun.

I look at it as protecting my investment. I'm going to mess around with RLMLs a bit to see how that works out with the Gecko. We're in agreement on the reload time - 20 seconds would be perfect.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2214 - 2014-05-08 00:51:09 UTC
Notably, the gecko will not see any of the dev blog improvements once the summer update hits.

I think it was Fozzie, but a dev confirmed on twitter that the Gecko already has it's Kronos stats.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2215 - 2014-05-08 00:55:12 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Notably, the gecko will not see any of the dev blog improvements once the summer update hits.
I think it was Fozzie, but a dev confirmed on twitter that the Gecko already has it's Kronos stats.

The only thing it was going to receive was speed, no?

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2216 - 2014-05-08 00:56:51 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

https://twitter.com/Frabba/status/463696517036257280

Best Meltdown Ever.

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2217 - 2014-05-08 01:14:26 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

https://twitter.com/Frabba/status/463696517036257280

Well that's saddening. Damage output vise that means a pair of heavies will be prefered for PvE work with being able to put all your heavy drone damage into the NPC's resist hole. WH PvE may be an exception, though I'm not sure how viable heavies are there.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2218 - 2014-05-08 01:16:47 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Well that's saddening. Damage output vise that means a pair of heavies will be prefered for PvE work with being able to put all your heavy drone damage into the NPC's resist hole. WH PvE may be an exception, though I'm not sure how viable heavies are there.

I'm still holding out for a pair of Geckos...

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2219 - 2014-05-08 01:19:41 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

I'm still holding out for a pair of Geckos...
If we ever see a means of gaining more of those worked in long term, great. If not, It doesn't seem like a good long term solution, especially for PvP.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2220 - 2014-05-08 01:28:32 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
If we ever see a means of gaining more of those worked in long term, great. If not, It doesn't seem like a good long term solution, especially for PvP.

I don't think we'll be getting 8 Geckos next week. 6 max, with 4 on the low-side.