These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Battleships

First post First post First post
Author
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#2101 - 2014-05-05 14:28:27 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
RATTLESNAKE
Gallente Battleship Bonus: 10% bonus to kinetic and thermal missile damage
Caldari Battleship Bonus: 4% bonus to all shield resistances
Role Bonus: 275% bonus to heavy drone damage, velocity and tracking

So why not just eliminate the sentry drone bonus and expand on the heavy drone bonus? Don't we already have enough hulls that really cover sentry drones and do a more effective job?

With good heavy drones and capable missiles, I agree. What is the point of a second rate sentry boat.

So yes agreed, all bonuses to drones rather than heavies can be dropped. As the heavies should be able to apply acceptable damage as required.

It eliminates all the fudging and workarounds to try to make some sort of announcement.
A role bonus , a gallente bonus, a caldari bonus, with clear benefits and purpose.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2102 - 2014-05-05 14:31:28 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Because that would make the Gecko unbelievably obscene.

Yeah, but it would be a fun ride… Twisted

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#2103 - 2014-05-05 14:33:25 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

And even better on a bonused ship like the ishtar...... Dominix...... Etc.

Kane Fenris
NWP
#2104 - 2014-05-05 14:34:44 UTC
i suport that the rattle needs that speed and tracking bonus to heavy drones else itl be worse than before the change in some really relevant cenarios.

so +1 to tracking and speed bonus
i hope you at ccp listen this time ....
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2105 - 2014-05-05 14:35:02 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

It might not be a good idea to keep ones hopes up about the gecko, it will most likely be a limited release item and eventually become a collectors item.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#2106 - 2014-05-05 14:36:05 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
RATTLESNAKE

So why not just eliminate the sentry drone bonus and expand on the heavy drone bonus? Don't we already have enough hulls that really cover sentry drones and do a more effective job?

no, i really want sentries on my rattler.

im preferring the super drones over typical drones, i dnt see it as a 'fix'. Its positioning as a role bonus simply means ur not useless with BS skills to 4. The super drones should perform better in missions, which is what my rattlers for, and the missile damage bonus adds damage in pretty much every situation. Like many other ppl, im pretty happy with the guristas line.

It may not be 100% drone focused and my lights wont be bonused, but i dnt really mind, i can already use heavies to pop mission frigs and spider drones. And there's the domi and ishtar for ppl who wont hard drone focused ships to fly.

If i ever took a Rattler into a PvP situation, 7.5 effective RHML's (or even rapid lights) will more than make up for 33% damage loss in light drones. It looks solid.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Daichi Yamato
#2107 - 2014-05-05 14:37:20 UTC
Kane Fenris wrote:
i suport that the rattle needs that speed and tracking bonus to heavy drones else itl be worse than before the change in some really relevant cenarios.

i really dnt think it needs a tracking bonus. theres already domi's and ishtars.

hope ccp listens to me rather than u.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Barton Breau
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2108 - 2014-05-05 14:40:05 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
RATTLESNAKE

Technically we have none or one at best, the ishtar has also heavies as a bonus, thus it cancels out and the domi has generic drone bonuses.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#2109 - 2014-05-05 14:42:05 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Daichi Yamato wrote:
Kane Fenris wrote:

i really dnt think it needs a tracking bonus. theres already domi's and ishtars.

But the rattlesnake gives up the sentry bonus to the domi and Ishtar, so absolutely does not step on their toes , the domi and ishtar are more focused drone boats, with this suggestion the rattlesnake is a true brawler Hybrid.

So there is differentiation between ships whilst both types are good.

Is that not a better alternative to the rattlesnake just not doing any drones well?

afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2110 - 2014-05-05 14:44:35 UTC
It's too slow to brawl well, not without massive support.

I had no issue with that as an option, but if that is the way you're suggesting the bonuses go in exclusivity, then that causes potential knock-on problems. For example it'll be a tough sell to speed it up with that tank.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#2111 - 2014-05-05 14:46:31 UTC
afkalt wrote:

I had no issue with that as an option, but if that is the way you're suggesting the bonuses go in exclusivity, then that causes potential knock-on problems. For example it'll be a tough sell to speed it up with that tank.

The mobility is in the weapons systems, not the hull.

Mobility through effective mobile drones and missiles, other classes like the Gila represent Hull mobility and lower signature with less overall firepower.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#2112 - 2014-05-05 14:47:54 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
afkalt wrote:

Mobility through effective mobile drones and missiles, other classes like the Gila represent Hull mobility and lower signature with less overall firepower.

Mobility = speed.

Range of weapons = damage projection.

They are different things.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kane Fenris
NWP
#2113 - 2014-05-05 14:48:25 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:
Kane Fenris wrote:

without an speed and tracking bonus it will not be able to deal with any small ship threats....
i really dont see where it would hurt to have the ship beeing able to defend it self against small ships
before patch you could call your small /med droens if needed and this option now will be gone and that HURTS the hull a lot
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2114 - 2014-05-05 14:54:05 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
afkalt wrote:

I don't have a client handy and the thread is obscene to search, are Geckos fast enough?

And I mean base speed because we've all seen warriors fail miserably to get on top of fast frigates and stay there.

TBH, if you wanted to go full brawler - I'd ask for full bonused drones down the stack and ONLY torp damage. Would constrain the power projection admirably due to range issues and tee up a powerful point-blank brawler
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#2115 - 2014-05-05 14:57:18 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
afkalt wrote:
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
afkalt wrote:

I don't have a client handy and the thread is obscene to search, are Geckos fast enough?

And I mean base speed because we've all seen warriors fail miserably to get on top of fast frigates and stay there.

TBH, if you wanted to go full brawler - I'd ask for full bonused drones down the stack and ONLY torp damage. Would constrain the power projection admirably due to range issues and tee up a powerful point-blank brawler

With the base stats of heavies, in conjunction with arthur's speed and tracking improvements, they would be able to apply damage across the board, not full damage by any means, but enough that even glancing blows add up.
So not frigate exterminators, but good enough.
Limiting it to Torpedoes, limits its options severely, particularly with loss of range.

This will not be a blaster boat. But a ship that does it's role well.

For clarity, this post and it's reply refer to arthur's suggestion being implemented.

Juin Tsukaya
Perkone
Caldari State
#2116 - 2014-05-05 15:02:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Juin Tsukaya
Rattlesnake. by far my favorite ship. then again I don't pvp.
The sentry damage is sweet, so I understand the 50 bandwidth, not happy, but understandable.

drone capacity, too big a hit. I liked its size because I could pack it. 5 hobs for frigs, salvage drones, 2 sentry types, and 5 mediums plus 2 rep drones.
5 light = 25
5 salvage= 25
5 medium = 50
2 types of sentries at 2 each 100.
then the rep drones.

arguable we just take out what would be needed specifically to the mission. would still be about 200 drone space. 200 would be a better fit.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#2117 - 2014-05-05 15:14:35 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
RATTLESNAKE

Just replying addressing a different point

If this had been CCP rises original proposal. Sentry users would have been shocked.... Initially.

Once they realised they gained all of the benefits, and also gained the ability not to be locked in place nursemaiding their sentries, then the ship in testing and rollout would prove very popular and desirable to a great many players.We can argue about whether adding an extra 20% over this, in exchange for giving up sentries is a fair point, but the main idea is excellent.

It would be an excellent Pirate ship, different from anything else, just as the other pirate ships are different to everything else.

So plus about 8 million for your suggestion, It is a clever, imaginative solution to many peoples issues, as well as my own.Smile

(People may have concerns as to the loss of Ewar drones. i can understand that. But hopefully when the ewar rebalance comes to modules and drones too that can be taken into account.)

Barton Breau
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#2118 - 2014-05-05 16:39:29 UTC
epicurus ataraxia wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
RATTLESNAKE

Just replying addressing a different point

If this had been CCP rises original proposal. Sentry users would have been shocked.... Initially.

Once they realised they gained all of the benefits, and also gained the ability not to be locked in place nursemaiding their sentries, then the ship in testing and rollout would prove very popular and desirable to a great many players.We can argue about whether adding an extra 20% over this, in exchange for giving up sentries is a fair point, but the main idea is excellent.

It would be an excellent Pirate ship, different from anything else, just as the other pirate ships are different to everything else.

So plus about 8 million for your suggestion, It is a clever, imaginative solution to many peoples issues, as well as my own.Smile

(People may have concerns as to the loss of Ewar drones. i can understand that. But hopefully when the ewar rebalance comes to modules and drones too that can be taken into account.)

I have sincere doubt that 3.75x hp gives the heavies invulnerability at being targeted by basically everything.

And the nursemaiding is debatable, there are several ways to play winth sentries, not everyone is locked in pre omni nerf times "ill just drop gardes and afk".
Daichi Yamato
#2119 - 2014-05-05 17:41:46 UTC
yeah over 1300dps on the rattler, T1 ammo, T2 drones, no faction mods.

the only thing it loses is 20km drone control range. but it still reaches further than a torp golem and it still applies damage to various sizes of targets better than the golem.

Daichi Yamato
#2120 - 2014-05-05 18:11:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Daichi Yamato
yeah its losing 20 from 100km.

please show me the fit where a golem can reach 80km with torps. and ur explosion velocity is going to help, but its never going to apply like cruises and drones.