These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

They say a picture is worth a thousand words

Author
Jace Errata
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2011-11-15 00:34:25 UTC
Engine trails, Condor skin, me in a fight I was not expecting
Engine trails, hard-to-see Condor skin, nebulae

tweeten

One day they woke me up so I could live forever

It's such a shame the same will never happen to you

Jett0
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2011-11-15 00:44:35 UTC
Steveir wrote:
How long before the complaints start that Engine trails are causing massive fleet lag?

It's a client-side graphical effect. The servers don't have to keep track of what your engine trails look like.

Occasionally plays sober

Paragon Renegade
Sebiestor Tribe
#23 - 2011-11-15 01:26:48 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
lol, a little bit of bling and everyone goes GaGa.

Sure, we've all seen Vapor Trails (aka Contrails) left by Jet Planes flying in the sky. But Vapor Trails from Spaceships is a bit of an immersion breaker at best.

Contrail = Condensation Trail

Contrail is a cirrus-like trail of condensed vapor (often resembling the tail of a kite) that is produced by jet aircraft flying at high altitudes. Contrails are produced at altitudes high enough for water droplets to freeze in a matter of seconds before they evaporate. Temperatures at such altitudes are typically below -38 degrees Celsius. Contrails form through the injection of water vapor into the atmosphere by exhaust fumes from a jet engine. If there is sufficient mixing between the cold upper tropospheric air and the hot exhaust gases to produce a state of saturation, ice crystals will develop. Even tiny nuclei released in the exhaust fumes may be sufficient enough to generate ice crystals.

And not a single **** was given that day

The pie is a tautology

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#24 - 2011-11-15 01:27:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Hurray for trails!

Without engine trails there is no sense of speed in space, as there is no frame of reference. Notice that most space battles in movies happen close to other ships, structures, or celestials (that's no moon!).
Previous page12