These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Grief Play Rules?

First post First post
Author
Grinder221
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2014-04-08 00:20:48 UTC
Plz keep on topic

What do the Changes to the rules mean

Who is Protected by them ?

Whats no longer allowed that once was allowed?
Vigroth
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2014-04-08 00:22:28 UTC
Grinder221 wrote:
Plz keep on topic

What do the Changes to the rules mean

Its no longer allowed to go after NON rookie players that are doing the epic arc in _any_ system that involves the epic arc as listed in the OP.
Lady Areola Fappington
#23 - 2014-04-08 00:29:20 UTC
If you actually read into the big red box on the Rookie Systems wiki page, you find out newbies everywhere in EVE are protected.

Quote:
Warning: Attempting to abuse a new player’s lack of knowledge of the game and its mechanic for your personal gain or simply for their harm is prohibited in these solar systems. This includes, but is not limited to; tricking new players into situations where you or others may open fire on them freely or scamming ISK or assets from them. Disregarding warnings to cease such behavior from authorized CCP personnel is considered to be in violation of section 6 of the EVE Online Terms of Service.

Pilots found to pursue activities against new players in other areas may be subject to further restrictions as deemed necessary by CCP Games Customer Support Team.

The second, bold line is the key. "Other areas" is interpreted by me as "areas that are not the newbie designated zones", I.E. the rest of EVE.

It seems kind of silly at this point to have designated newbie zones, when the "other areas" clause effectively makes all of EVE a newbie zone.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Vigroth
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#24 - 2014-04-08 00:30:35 UTC
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:
If you actually read into the big red box on the Rookie Systems wiki page, you find out newbies everywhere in EVE are protected.

Quote:
Warning: Attempting to abuse a new player’s lack of knowledge of the game and its mechanic for your personal gain or simply for their harm is prohibited in these solar systems. This includes, but is not limited to; tricking new players into situations where you or others may open fire on them freely or scamming ISK or assets from them. Disregarding warnings to cease such behavior from authorized CCP personnel is considered to be in violation of section 6 of the EVE Online Terms of Service.

Pilots found to pursue activities against new players in other areas may be subject to further restrictions as deemed necessary by CCP Games Customer Support Team.

The second, bold line is the key. "Other areas" is interpreted by me as "areas that are not the newbie designated zones", I.E. the rest of EVE.

It seems kind of silly at this point to have designated newbie zones, when the "other areas" clause effectively makes all of EVE a newbie zone.

Yes but this is now looking to be any player of any age despite CCP saying in that other thread that non rookies are fair game which is what tis thread is about.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#25 - 2014-04-08 00:34:23 UTC
Vigroth wrote:
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:

Quote:

Yes but this is now looking to be any player of any age despite CCP saying in that other thread that non rookies are fair game which is what tis thread is about.

Can you be sure that someone isn't a rookie. For me yes, but for a 6 month old player with no corp history, no. The character might have been unsubbed almost all of that time and only come back to sub and play the game some more.

Grinder221
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-04-08 01:24:29 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Tauranon wrote:

Can you be sure that someone isn't a rookie. For me yes, but for a 6 month old player with no corp history, no. The character might have been unsubbed almost all of that time and only come back to sub and play the game some more.

CCp has not drawn a clear line as to what a rookie is or isnt

( well at least not publicly )

GM's have said in the past thay know exactly who is and isnt a rookie

However players are removed form rookie help channel after 30days

Edit: Fixed quoting. ISD Ezwal.
Oraac Ensor
#27 - 2014-04-08 01:39:13 UTC
Grinder221 wrote:
What do the Changes mean

What "changes"?

There's nothing new here.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#28 - 2014-04-08 03:07:03 UTC
Why are people looking around to find if X or Y is a bannable offense or not when we all should know CCP can ban anyone for any reason they see fit? It's a perfect risk/reward case people. The more risk you take by doing edge case activity, the more reward in the form of whatever you are fishing from you can get but the risk is also higher.
Suzariel Kel-Paten
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2014-04-08 03:12:18 UTC
If you don't quit the mission but wait through a downtime, doesn't it reset and let you try again? You might not get the time bonus, but you don't have to quit the mission, either. IIRC, it worked for one of my newer corpmates a while back.

I ran the SoE almost 3 years ago, right after I started, and the guy trying to tempt me into picking up the can kept misspelling the name of the objective. Oops! :-)
Vigroth
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#30 - 2014-04-08 03:30:09 UTC
Suzariel Kel-Paten wrote:
If you don't quit the mission but wait through a downtime, doesn't it reset and let you try again? You might not get the time bonus, but you don't have to quit the mission, either. IIRC, it worked for one of my newer corpmates a while back.

I ran the SoE almost 3 years ago, right after I started, and the guy trying to tempt me into picking up the can kept misspelling the name of the objective. Oops! :-)

No when the objective says completed the mission will not respawn wether or not you even loot the item you need.
Suzariel Kel-Paten
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#31 - 2014-04-08 03:46:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Suzariel Kel-Paten
Vigroth wrote:

No when the objective says completed the mission will not respawn wether or not you even loot the item you need.
If the mission doesn't flag complete until you turn in the objective to the agent, wouldn't it respawn after downtime?

I guess I should go rerun the SoE -- for science or something. I need to refresh my memory about Alitura, anyway. I have an idea for a fanfic where an angry capsuleer gets all up in her face for sending them on crappy missions.
Pix Severus
Empty You
#32 - 2014-04-08 04:07:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Pix Severus
If the mission doesn't flag complete until you turn in the objective to the agent, wouldn't it respawn after downtime?

Missions will often be flagged "complete" when the last rat is killed, before you've even picked up the required item.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

Vigroth
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#33 - 2014-04-08 04:08:37 UTC
Vigroth wrote:

I guess I should go rerun the SoE -- for science or something. I need to refresh my memory about Alitura, anyway. I have an idea for a fanfic where an angry capsuleer gets all up in her face for sending them on crappy missions.

When your objective says completed in your journal ( it happens when you destroy the necessary ship) it will not respawn after DT whether or not you obtain the necessary loot.
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2014-04-08 04:10:46 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
I will delightfully and without any remorse whatsoever pump projectiles into any target I think I can kill wherever I am. I will not check their incep date first to see if they are a newbies or not. I'll explode their pod too if I can catch it. And unless I get my "gf" returned or some other show of sportsmanship I won't convo newbies or replace their lost isk either. This is a fulltime PvP game. EvE has the worst PvE of any current MMO. The only thing that makes it fun is knowing that at any time someone can come **** in your part of the sandbox and learning how to deal with that.

*Snip* Please refrain from discussing warnings and bans. ISD Ezwal.
*Snip* Please refrain from discussing other (non-EvE/Dust/Valkyrie) games. ISD Ezwal.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Vigroth
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#35 - 2014-04-08 04:18:53 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:
I will delightfully and without any remorse whatsoever pump projectiles into any target I think I can kill wherever I am. I will not check their incep date first to see if they are a newbies or not. I'll explode their pod too if I can catch it. And unless I get my "gf" returned or some other show of sportsmanship I won't convo newbies or replace their lost isk either. This is a fulltime PvP game. EvE has the worst PvE of any current MMO. The only thing that makes it fun is knowing that at any time someone can come **** in your part of the sandbox and learning how to deal with that.

*Snip* Please refrain from discussing warnings and bans. ISD Ezwal.
*Snip* Please refrain from discussing other (non-EvE/Dust/Valkyrie) games. ISD Ezwal..

You are my hero.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2014-04-08 04:28:09 UTC

I rerun it every 3 months for the faction standing choice at the end.

To get away from some of the boredom I have taken to running it in a different ship every time, Coercer one time, Thrasher another time, Wolf the next ... I am thinking of seeing how a Claw goes though I suspect an Intie, even with T2 AC will struggle with Dagan :D
Suzariel Kel-Paten
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2014-04-08 04:34:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Suzariel Kel-Paten
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

To get away from some of the boredom I have taken to running it in a different ship every time, Coercer one time, Thrasher another time, Wolf the next ... I am thinking of seeing how a Claw goes though I suspect an Intie, even with T2 AC will struggle with Dagan :D
Oh, when I was brand new, Dagan totally kicked my ass, and I figured I was the only person who had trouble with him. Once I sorta tentatively asked about it, one person who totally became my hero made something like 30 jumps to help.

I like your scientific approach. :-)
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2014-04-08 04:37:23 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

Oh, when I was brand new, Dagan totally kicked my ass, and I figured I was the only person who had trouble with him. Once I sorta tentatively asked about it, one person who totally became my hero made something like 30 jumps to help.

I like your scientific approach. :-)

He seems to need about 150 sustained DPS. My T2 Artie Thrasher was borderline with T1 ammo but it was fine with faction ammo.
NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#39 - 2014-04-08 04:45:51 UTC
The rules are far from new, and the change that made them apply (to some extent) outside of rookie systems is also an older change.

GM Spiral was kind enough to clarify some of the rules in this post.
Regan Rotineque
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2014-04-08 04:57:08 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
I will never understand this

Are you that *Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal. bad at EvE that you have to pick on new players? Is griefing newbies the only thing that gets you goin?

The fact that you went to look up the boundaries is a good thing. The fact you don't understand them is well sad. CCP has created this sandbox....and all they ask is you respect a couple of rules....maybe let new players grow...enjoy the game...help grow it ...maybe subscribe.

Want to kill something? Need mayhem and madness...head to low sec...or worse Jita. Tons of assorted targets. But for the love of cornflakes stay out of newbie systems...leave the sisters arc alone.