These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Cruisers

First post First post First post
Author
TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#841 - 2014-04-11 11:16:01 UTC
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
Can the Gila get at least as much cargo space as the Ishtar? Currently Gila has 250 compared to Ishtar's 460. And the Ishtar doesn't have to carry around missiles to make use of all its bonuses. The missile spewing Sacrilege gets a big ole badonkadonk 615 cargo hold. Biggow!

Gila sucks for exploration because of its cargo hold.

CCP just pulls numbers out of its ass for cargoholds. I think my vexor has less than my myrmidon for some reason.
Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#842 - 2014-04-11 11:26:48 UTC
TrouserDeagle wrote:
Medalyn Isis wrote:
When are we getting the battleship proposals. I thought they would be out by today at the latest...

you should pretty much already know what they're going to be.

You mean in the same was as we should pretty much know that your posts are always going to be ship toasts then also.
Vulfen
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#843 - 2014-04-11 11:40:26 UTC
TrouserDeagle wrote:
Medalyn Isis wrote:
When are we getting the battleship proposals. I thought they would be out by today at the latest...

i dont think so, i hardly think the nightmare is going to get an AB bonus, it would just be a waste, & what size drones are going to be launched from the rattlesnake?

Personally id like to see the rattlesnake get a +1 deployed drone per level skill medium drones & a 200% buff to drone damage. but i know that will never happen.

Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#844 - 2014-04-11 11:42:53 UTC
Vulfen wrote:
TrouserDeagle wrote:
Medalyn Isis wrote:

i dont think so, i hardly think the nightmare is going to get an AB bonus, it would just be a waste, & what size drones are going to be launched from the rattlesnake?

The Nightmare is going to be an AB bonus, that is for definite.

I am just wondering how it is going to work. The only way possible is if the bonus is more like double the amount of the Phantasm. Deagle is just ship toasting or trolling as usual.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#845 - 2014-04-11 11:48:04 UTC
With respect to battleships, other than increased warp speed for the Machariel, infinite vampire for the Bhaalgorn and most likely a kinetic/thermal missile bonus for the Rattlesnake - it's really speculation at this point. What kind of drone limits/bonuses will we see on the Rattlesnake? Will the Vindicator get a powergrid or web nerf? What might the Nightmare get since an AB bonus isn't really useful? Will the Bhaalgorn see a high slot or mid slot swapped for a low? Will the Machariel finally get that elusive 8th turret?

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Rain6637
NulzSec
#846 - 2014-04-11 11:49:44 UTC
CCP Rise
C C P
C C P Alliance
#847 - 2014-04-11 11:50:04 UTC
There's a reason the cargo holds don't usually make it into the OP but it isn't a good one. I'll try to work on that in the future. I'm going to change the cargo for the cruisers to the following numbers:

Ashimmu: 430
Cynabal: 400
Gila: 440
Phantasm: 410
Vigilant: 450

Look for the battleship post at the start of next week.

@ccp_rise

Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#848 - 2014-04-11 11:50:51 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
There's a reason the cargo holds don't usually make it into the OP but it isn't a good one. I'll try to work on that in the future. I'm going to change the cargo for the cruisers to the following numbers:

........ Next week! *sad face*
Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#849 - 2014-04-11 11:51:26 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:

You forgot to put the 150 PG back into the Vigilant.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#850 - 2014-04-11 11:55:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
CCP Rise wrote:

Aw man… How about at least a hint or two to tide us over? Swap the shield resistance for an armor resistance bronus and reassign two mids to lows and you can have your way with the drones… PS. I still want the kinetic/thermal missile bonus.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

The Djego
Hellequin Inc.
Mean Coalition
#851 - 2014-04-11 12:39:38 UTC  |  Edited by: The Djego
The vigilant needs a much better cap compared to what it got now(the problem exists since 2009 where they changed the mwd cap bonus to web strength), the capacitor really holds it back, a alternative would be to improve the damage bonus from 75% to 125% and reduce turret count to 4, reducing cap use for the turrets and making room for a nos.

The Gila needs a extra bonus to light drones to, to clear tackle. It can be much weaker than the medium drone bonus, but the current change would make it to limited with light drones vs frigs out of web range.

Phantasm could use a bit more capacitor, the buff is good but still not enough in my opinion even with the ab change. Also the tracking bonus should be increased to 10% per level, because I have huge issues seeing the ship doing damage to sub BC targets while running around at over 1km/s with a AB at scorch range without the optimal bonus or with beams.

Ashimmu needs 50/100 drone bay to be a more interesting alternative to the curse/pilgrim for solo/small gang pvp. I think the 20% web range per level is to much, that means 36-40km webs with heat and links. 10-15% would be more sensible, at least till further changes to links.

Cynabal needs something more then just fast warp speed, give it more power grid instead of less to be more viable as armor tanked artillery medium range platform(maybe also another low slot, by increasing the damage bonus and moving one high to a low slot), since this is pretty much the only thing I could think off where it currently outdoes the Vaga.

Improve discharge rigging: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=246166&find=unread

Rabbit P
Nuwa Foundation
The Therapists
#852 - 2014-04-11 13:21:49 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:

ASHIMMU
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 208(+33) / .58 / 11010000 / 5.01s

according to the formula, the align time of ashimmu should be 8.85s
rise , seem you miss the post before, so i post it again, please check the align time Straight
Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#853 - 2014-04-11 13:38:31 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:

Aw man… How about at least a hint or two to tide us over? Swap the shield resistance for an armor resistance bronus and reassign two mids to lows and you can have your way with the drones… PS. I still want the kinetic/thermal missile bonus.

Yes, so you can fly your 10mn rapid light missile triple tanked tracking disrupting rattlesnake or something.
CCP Rise
C C P
C C P Alliance
#854 - 2014-04-11 13:51:15 UTC
Rabbit P wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:

ASHIMMU
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 208(+33) / .58 / 11010000 / 5.01s

rise , seem you miss the post before, so i post it again, please check the align time Straight

You're right, sorry I missed it before. Will correct the OP.

@ccp_rise

Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#855 - 2014-04-11 13:56:12 UTC
Medalyn Isis wrote:
TrouserDeagle wrote:
Medalyn Isis wrote:

You mean in the same was as we should pretty much know that your posts are always going to be ship toasts then also.

What are ship toasts?

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#856 - 2014-04-11 14:10:47 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Rabbit P wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:

ASHIMMU

The Cynabel had the wrong agility modifier also.
Abramul
StarFleet Enterprises
#857 - 2014-04-11 14:14:46 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Rabbit P wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:

ASHIMMU

How difficult would it be to put this in in-game attributes? Assuming it's pretty straightforward math, and would be handy.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#858 - 2014-04-11 14:36:34 UTC
why does the phantasm have such a high align time?
its an attack cruiser right ? so look at the vigilant align time and compare it

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#859 - 2014-04-11 14:45:19 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Rabbit P wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:

ASHIMMU

how does the formula work?

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Vadeim Rizen
Doomheim
#860 - 2014-04-11 14:53:36 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:

So of all the posts in regards to the combat ability and urging you to make certain changes or explain why you are making certain changes, the one you respond to is about cargohold? Glad you took the time to create a forum post about the changes to these cruisers so you can pretend to care what anyone thinks or has to say about them.