These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Kronos] Pirate Faction Cruisers

First post First post First post
Author
Crysantos Callahan
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#201 - 2014-04-07 20:29:01 UTC
As many other people I don't like the cynabal changes - makes the Vaga even better in comparison and kills even more of its tank by the PG nerf.

Ashimmu gets a nice buff, love the phantasm bonus for the ab and the slot changes.

Gila. Get rid of the racial missile boni - not really in line with the usual boni for this faction - give it a light drone bonus instead. I like the medium drone layout but it's too focused on it and makes it way too predictable. It would be fun to have a light/medium drone beast opposed to the heavy/sentry ishtar.
Lugia3
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#202 - 2014-04-07 20:29:01 UTC
Buff Cyna.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#203 - 2014-04-07 20:31:00 UTC
Mr Floydy wrote:
Harvey James wrote:
sig is too high and its orbit velocity is hardly convincing


Hang on, you say sig size there. Checking EFT, Do medium drones really have the same sig size as large drones? Or is my EFT broken :s
That's mad.

Not able to really comment on the orbit velocities. I've always found them pretty tough to nail quick enough when orbiting you firing as they are currently, let alone with a boost. Don't they struggle to track at the speed they orbit at normally? I'm rusty with drones! :p


there sig is 50 ... a big frigate basically .. despite it being a fraction of the size of one ... they orbit like a frig with no prop on and tracks like medium guns do..

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#204 - 2014-04-07 20:35:14 UTC
Would it be too much to ask to get 5mbit drone band back on the Gila just to have the option of a full flight of light drones?
Jamir Von Lietuva
Nameless Minions
GaNg BaNg TeAm
#205 - 2014-04-07 20:35:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Jamir Von Lietuva
btw why not give gila 25 BW? it would still use 2 mediums but could use 5 unbonused lights if need be? doubt anyone will use single unbonused sentry..
Chris Winter
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#206 - 2014-04-07 20:51:23 UTC
Naomi Anthar wrote:
Both heavy and medium drones are getting speed buff at same time. Read Dev Blog about this.

Speaking of EHP of Ogre with 500% bonus ... ain't going down easily. Especially that it will be faster at same time. And on top of that rattle does more damage from missiles than ever.

They'll be 20% faster. Whoop-de-doo. That's not really sufficient to get them to move fast enough to get back into my hold before they die.

And the EHP will be enough for them to last 50% of the way back into my drone bay instead of 10%...yay...
TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#207 - 2014-04-07 21:10:19 UTC
Chris Winter wrote:
Naomi Anthar wrote:
Both heavy and medium drones are getting speed buff at same time. Read Dev Blog about this.

Speaking of EHP of Ogre with 500% bonus ... ain't going down easily. Especially that it will be faster at same time. And on top of that rattle does more damage from missiles than ever.

They'll be 20% faster. Whoop-de-doo. That's not really sufficient to get them to move fast enough to get back into my hold before they die.

And the EHP will be enough for them to last 50% of the way back into my drone bay instead of 10%...yay...


it is if you're brawling. with drag and drop drones, if you try and shoot the drones on a droneship up close, you're pretty much throwing the fight.
Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#208 - 2014-04-07 21:18:26 UTC
Viribus wrote:
Hey remember when you guys introduced tier 3 BCs and no one ever saw Cynabals again? Then all those t1 cruiser buffs, navy cruiser buffs, and HAC buffs? Good thing the Cynabal's getting a nerf, it's such a terrifying and viable ship currently (this is sarcasm)


Yep, Cynabal is a bad ship.

I saw someone in one by Rens a few days ago and thought, why?
Naomi Anthar
#209 - 2014-04-07 21:20:21 UTC
TrouserDeagle wrote:
Chris Winter wrote:
Naomi Anthar wrote:
Both heavy and medium drones are getting speed buff at same time. Read Dev Blog about this.

Speaking of EHP of Ogre with 500% bonus ... ain't going down easily. Especially that it will be faster at same time. And on top of that rattle does more damage from missiles than ever.

They'll be 20% faster. Whoop-de-doo. That's not really sufficient to get them to move fast enough to get back into my hold before they die.

And the EHP will be enough for them to last 50% of the way back into my drone bay instead of 10%...yay...


it is if you're brawling. with drag and drop drones, if you try and shoot the drones on a droneship up close, you're pretty much throwing the fight.


Well said ... funny is that everyone expects every single drone boat to be sniping with drones. Which is actually completly against gallente mindset. You are expected to burn to your opponent drop drones and melt him with guns/launchers/drones. Sniping with sentries is just one possibility. Once you get your target scrammed/webbed (or maybe even dual webbed) you can apply damage from bigger drones.

I'm happy that we can see some use for other drones other than small and sentries. Keep good work CCP on this topic.
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#210 - 2014-04-07 21:20:32 UTC
Quote:
Speaking of EHP of Ogre with 500% bonus ... ain't going down easily. Especially that it will be faster at same time. And on top of that rattle does more damage from missiles than ever.


Nope, Gila only gets that to Medium Drones.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Tarmaniel
State War Academy
Caldari State
#211 - 2014-04-07 21:24:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarmaniel
Gila with HAMs clears 1000 DPS easily, isn't that a little ridiculous? That's with 6 mids and a resist bonus. A max-gank Deimos with Void can't even hit that kind of DPS.
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#212 - 2014-04-07 21:29:04 UTC
Tarmaniel wrote:
Gila with HAMs clears 1000 DPS easily, isn't that a little ridiculous? That's with 6 mids and a resist bonus.


No, not at all, the north needs a new income source and a new OP ship.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Admiral Rufus
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#213 - 2014-04-07 21:29:57 UTC
It would be cool if they gave the cynabel a proper niche. An anti ecm boat would be neat with extremely high sensor strength and bonused artys
Promiscuous Female
GBS Logistics and Fives Support
Goonswarm Federation
#214 - 2014-04-07 21:30:37 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
Tarmaniel wrote:
Gila with HAMs clears 1000 DPS easily, isn't that a little ridiculous? That's with 6 mids and a resist bonus.


No, not at all, the north needs a new income source and a new OP ship.

not really

the rapacity at which we farm faction loot ensures that any loot in our homelands will be driven to the absolute minimum cost within weeks of any change

see: the price of DG loot, gila/rattlesnake, and Pith A-Type anything
Callisto Helix
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#215 - 2014-04-07 21:33:02 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
GILA

Gallente Cruiser Bonus:
10% bonus to kinetic and thermal missile damage (was 10% drone damage and hitpoints)


More damage type specific missile bonuses make me sad Sad

Would it really break the game to give missile ships a straight damage bonus instead of just 1 (most often kinetic)? Isn't choosing your damage type supposed to be one of the few advantages of missiles?
Deen Wispa
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#216 - 2014-04-07 21:41:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Deen Wispa
re: Gila

Can you give it a bonus to missile damage rather than kin/therm? People can easily counter the proposed bonuses by heavily stacking on kin/therm resist.

And give bonuses to light drones when you're tackled by an inty

High Five. Yeah! C'est La Eve .

TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#217 - 2014-04-07 21:41:43 UTC
Callisto Helix wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:
GILA

Gallente Cruiser Bonus:
10% bonus to kinetic and thermal missile damage (was 10% drone damage and hitpoints)


More damage type specific missile bonuses make me sad Sad

Would it really break the game to give missile ships a straight damage bonus instead of just 1 (most often kinetic)? Isn't choosing your damage type supposed to be one of the few advantages of missiles?


no
Naomi Anthar
#218 - 2014-04-07 21:46:03 UTC
Deen Wispa wrote:
re: Gila

Can you give it a bonus to missile damage rather than kin/therm? People can easily counter the proposed bonuses by heavily stacking on kin/therm resist.


Sure it's like they can counter both thermal and kinetic AND explosive and em from 12 medium drones ...oh wait a moment ...
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#219 - 2014-04-07 21:46:11 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
Hexatron Ormand wrote:
So there are the cruisers! Waited for them quite some time. Next thing i am looking forward to is the posting about the battleships.


Going to give these a few days and hopefully post the BS near the end of the week.



My several billion ISK worth of Rattlesnake BPCs are anxiously awaiting this announcement from their residence in Jita 4-4.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#220 - 2014-04-07 21:46:12 UTC
also in regards to the cynabal .. perhaps consider looking at the vaga as well in the equation ...
nerf vagas speed a little..

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using