These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Feedback request on Contract system

First post First post
Author
Adinor Asidi
Russian industrial corporation a name of G-gurda
#401 - 2014-07-26 19:50:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Adinor Asidi
Interactive Quest Difficulty Level

1. Players arrange themselves in a fleet
2. Fleet Commander opens a quest dialog with NPC of specific level (in space or at the station).
3. System reads the strength of the fleet and arranges the Quest Difficulty settings accordantly -- e.g. increases the multipliers for the number of NPC encounters and their strength.

This way quests will be more or less different from fleet to fleet.

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks
A.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#402 - 2014-07-26 20:07:04 UTC
Adinor Asidi wrote:

2. Fleet Commander opens a quest dialog with NPC of specific level (in space or at the station).
3. System reads the strength of the fleet and arranges the Quest Difficulty settings accordantly -- e.g. increases the multipliers for the number of NPC encounters and their strength.

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks
A.

Not Contract related?

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Adinor Asidi
Russian industrial corporation a name of G-gurda
#403 - 2014-07-26 20:10:15 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:

Not Contract related?

Contract from NPC? Is it possible? I thought only quests are available from NPC.
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#404 - 2014-07-27 01:41:39 UTC
Adinor Asidi wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:

Not Contract related?

Contract from NPC? Is it possible? I thought only quests are available from NPC.

Maybe you need to take a minute to read the thread a bit closer.

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Irya Boone
The Scope
#405 - 2014-07-27 02:35:08 UTC
The possibilty to make contract for

Blue corps/blue alliance
People in my militia ( for example)

CCP it's time to remove Off Grid Boost and Put Them on Killmail too, add Logi on killmails .... Open that damn door !!

you shall all bow and pray BoB

Khiluale Zotakibe
Protection of Underground Resources
#406 - 2014-07-27 11:06:19 UTC
Adinor Asidi wrote:

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks
A.

Are we still talking about EvE here?
Nyjil Lizaru
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#407 - 2014-07-28 14:26:48 UTC
Khiluale Zotakibe wrote:
Adinor Asidi wrote:

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks
A.

Are we still talking about EvE here?

Maybe not, but it's the most interesting thing in the thread in the last month.

Nyjil's corollary to Malcanis' Law:   "Any attempt by CCP to smooth the learning curve of EVE Online will be carried out via the addition of extra factors and 'features' such that there is a net increase in complexity."

HeXxploiT
Doomheim
#408 - 2014-07-28 20:30:33 UTC
The ability to search with a "-" function.

I think many would agree that the most important factor is the power of the search that one is able to undertake.
Take a website like ebay as the perfect example of the ability to do a powerful search.

The obvious question is how to enable those useful features with limited computing resources.
Oscae
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#409 - 2014-07-30 03:00:22 UTC
On auction contracts, the ability to see how much time the contract has left when it is under a day would be much appreciated. I write this as I have been staring at my monitor for the past 7 hours bidding on a contract with "Less than a day remaining". If I knew how much time was left on it earlier, I would have gone and done something more productive.
Findell Ronuken
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#410 - 2014-07-30 09:36:16 UTC
Make finding items for want to buy contracts much more sensible the current ui for finding and putting items into the contract is very terrible.
Annette Nolen
Perkone
Caldari State
#411 - 2014-07-31 17:44:42 UTC
Max contract size on couriers is no longer in line with the latest freighter changes: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4819083
Arctic Estidal
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#412 - 2014-08-02 05:15:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Arctic Estidal
Seperate Windows
Allow the tabs in the Contract window to be ungrouped into their own windows just the way the new hanger and inventory tabs have
now been seperated into their own windows.

Improve UI
Reduce the amount of pop up windows and clicking.
Allow the whole contract process to be managed via the buttons: Tab, Enter, Numeric Keypad
Remove the need to use the mouse and keyboard

Creating Contract
Move the whole process onto a single window and allow presets.
This will allow people who regularly use courier contracts to alts etc, to quickly move items.

Labelling of Contracts
Remove the 'Multiple Items' label and allow players to set one item in the contract to primary. Then the image and label will be set based on the primary item.

Filtering
Just as the market window has a predefined category list on the left, allow contracts to be allocated to a category.
This will allow contracts to be easily sorted instead of the current setup of everything in together.
Rutger Janssen
Chanuur
Goonswarm Federation
#413 - 2014-08-03 15:16:08 UTC
I reported these bugs in the my contracts view over 2 years ago, so here's the basic summary:
1. Columns don't remember their sorder when you press get contracts.
2. Only entries that have been visible are sorted properly when you press the from/to/type/status column header.

I'll mail you some more information that I put in the bug reports and mailed to CCP Karkur over a year ago which hopefully saves you some time.
Bessa Miros
#414 - 2014-08-06 00:14:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Bessa Miros
  • Allow Copy and paste contents of contracts (so can dump it into EVEpraisal.com and compare value) or;

• Add Jita value to contract, like market has.

• Make contract skill reduce costs, put hard cap # of contracts for everyone.

• Have Market scammers get bounties put on them automatically by NPCs - Like Banks after crooks. Usually the new players cant afford it and and they are usually targeted.

• Set up long term contracts (re-occuring) to set up trade relationships - I order weekly ice at 3% under jita, the contract adjusts.

• Let me set up a long distance contract, with courier contract built into it - I place an ore order to reach me in 1 step

• Some kind of credit worthiness label on suppliers/players

• I love contracts, but they are under performing. They should be the glue that makes people who don't know each other work together.

One of the problems is the scammers make dealing with contracts too complicated and tiresome. I just turn to the market instead. I was on teamspeak when someone from EVE Uni lost his total savings in a bad contract - 800mil. Great, very EVE, but it wiped him out. Scammers should exist, but mitigate their damage buy creating a range 30-50% of scammable price fluctuations. Free us to work together, if that's what you want us to do in the long run.
    Xaldafax Caerleon
    Veritas Theory
    #415 - 2014-08-09 01:35:35 UTC
    I would like a major UI redo so it is something nicer looking like what you all did with the industry. I would like an easier way to select items and make sure you understand what is selected. I would like more space between the lines. They current stuff is so close together.

I would like the ability to save profiles or common users that you send stuff to... maybe default. I contract a lot to the same person and I get tired of typing in their name all the time.

On the filtering of contracts in the contract window I would want profiles as well or something to make sure you can select different settings without always having to go recheck was was set.

When you send contracts out for items in locations that you are NOT at, I want my asset window to update better. I noticed especially if I am recontracting an existing contract that after it is sent off it still shows in assets. I have to use search and refresh that to see it go away.

For those people that use freighter services like PushX I think you should find improvements as well to make their job easier.

I am just happy to hear you all are looking to revamp this area... anything will be nice from what we currently have.
    Rivr Luzade
    Coreli Corporation
    Pandemic Legion
    #416 - 2014-08-11 07:05:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
    Can we get the functionality implemented that allows you to expand and collapse the contract window just like any other window in the game when you double click the top bar?

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Daimien Hayes
    Dark-Rising
    Wrecking Machine.
    #417 - 2014-08-11 11:28:19 UTC
    Might have come up already BUT something that really bugs me is this (admittedly a tiny little thing):

When you have a contract assigned to you, the tool tip (that opens up to say you have a contract assigned to you) only shows up when you go into the contracts system to look for it.

It'd be nice if that pop up opened when you logged into game for the first time. Maybe keep the original one where it is for ppl that like it where it is.
    James Nikolas Tesla
    Tesla Holdings
    #418 - 2014-08-11 23:13:36 UTC
    Be able to edit the contract without deleting it first, i.e. changing the price.

CODE is just a bunch of pirates; smart, organized pirates. It doesn't help to rage at them because that is exactly what they want. Dust yourself off and get back on your feet, you don't even have to talk to them.

TheSmokingHertog
    Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
    #419 - 2014-08-12 06:06:04 UTC  |  Edited by: TheSmokingHertog
    Did any of you notice a CCP shoutout, that would be cool. Just thinking out loud. Moving along...

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Solaris Vex
    The Scope
    Gallente Federation
    #420 - 2014-08-13 01:52:56 UTC
    A button to open the IGB to http://evepraisal.com/ would be very nice. I use it nearly every time I create or view a contract.