These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Feedback request on Contract system

First post First post
Author
BogWopit
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#381 - 2014-07-08 21:58:33 UTC
The ability to create multiple of the same contract would be cool.

Say I have 30x5 run BPCs, I would very much like to create:

30 contracts for 1 bpc
Or
3 contracts for 10 bpc's

And so on, if the UI can be tweaked to make this quicker that would be awesome. The current - right click, create contract, select item bleh bleh bleh starts heading off into track and field gamers claw after a while.

Cheers

B.
DaPaulerBear
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#382 - 2014-07-09 00:50:52 UTC
CCP SoniClover wrote:
Hello Capsuleers. We're looking into what small improvements we can make to the contract system to make it more useful and trustworthy. We would love to hear any feedback from you guys on this. We're most interested in suggestions for UI/usability improvements and comments on pain points you encounter in using the system. The more constructive the feedback is the better; 'Get rid of the scammers' is for example not particularly helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Can we up the max number of items allowed in contracts? 250 items is not enough. On that note why even have a cap?

beaconBoy SavesTheDay
Galactic Hauling Solutions Inc.
#383 - 2014-07-09 00:51:26 UTC
I've completed over 6000 courier contracts for several courier corps. While many posts in this thread focus on setting up various types of item exchange contracts (or large numbers of contracts), my comments apply ONLY to receiving a courier contract.

First and foremost, the courier contract window needs to have an indicator next to any assigned contracts (but not accepted) where the cargo contains either a plastic wrap or assembled container. Most courier corps double wrap for a variety of reasons, and without going into this alot those damn containers surprise us haulers, and then we have to do alot of extra work. Haulers would rather see the "container/plastic wrap" flag set, and then go back and work with the customer to get the contract remade. I'm sure to some degree this applies to corp haulers too.

The ideal solution would be allowing triple wrapping or quad wrapping, but I suspect there's a substantial programming obstacle to this. Most likely the DB schema for courier contracts won't support it, or infinite wrapping would be onerous for users in some way I don't understand.

On another topic, rejected courier contracts need to autodelete after some period of time. Let's say a month. The items in the rejected courier contract would be place back in the issuer's hangar at the starting point by the system. I've opened tickets with CCP to have this done, but they won't intervene even when the player issuing the rejected courier contract and their whole corp failed to log on for weeks/months.

Yuri Fedorov said "Please add the region name of the destination/ drop off system in courier contracts. Currently only the name of the pickup station's region shows." I'd like to also make this request.
Roger Jourgenson
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#384 - 2014-07-10 19:36:48 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
I'm going to put my feedback on "let us accept a contract in any region from whatever region we're currently in".

No, if we can accept a public contract from anywhere, then we'd lose the fun of racing each other to that region to claim a high value public courier contract before anyone else does. I have many region boundaries bookmarked so I can head for the closest one. Otherwise people would be sniping them from 60 jumps away when others are closer and available.

Private contracts can already be accepted from any region, as they should be.
Decarthado Aurgnet
Imperial Combat Engineers
#385 - 2014-07-11 18:46:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Decarthado Aurgnet
Didn't read the other suggestions. lol, yolo, trollface

Anyway, I'd like to see a contract option for delayed completions of the terms given to the second party. Example: I have 100 tritanium and I want my friend to turn it into a widget. Contract says he gets the 100 tritanium now and either he delivers my widget in x number of days or i get the 1b collateral he put up when he accepted the contract. If he delivers the widget in a timely manner, then he gets his 1b back and an additional 100 isk as payment according to the contract terms.

Edit: I suppose what I'm asking for could be conceived of as accepting a contract which, itself, contains another contract with different terms.

Remove T2 BPO's or make them inventable at extreme cost.

kiu Nakamura
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#386 - 2014-07-14 03:13:00 UTC
Make "Exact match" the default when dragging a user into the contract creation dialog.

L4V4
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#387 - 2014-07-14 06:48:19 UTC
I'm not sure what you mean by trustworthy, but untrustworthy players will continue to be untrustworthy.. Let's not make it harder for them to be so..

As far as the interface and such, its an annoying trolling method to repeatedly assign someone contracts that pop up..
Grinder2210
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#388 - 2014-07-14 15:31:04 UTC
De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#389 - 2014-07-15 06:53:19 UTC
Not sure if these have been brough up before but, specifically for courier contracts:

New Search Criteria
Route Length in Jumps
Pickup location (in addition to the destination location we already have)
Add sliders to the pickup and destination location so I can search for all contracts (for example) that start within 3 jumps of Amarr and end within 3 jumps of Jita so I can more easily maintain a full cargo hold.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Err0r404
Miners Trade Company
Imperial Empire
#390 - 2014-07-15 09:22:30 UTC
Fix courier contracts security filter :
they only take pickup and dropoff locations into account, and we have to manually inspect each contract to make sure the route is not going through low/null if we only want highsec routes for example.
Henry Plantgenet
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#391 - 2014-07-15 11:21:42 UTC
I want it easier to find back older contracts.
suggestion: Be able to look back contracts by item types as well. (should narrow it down greatly)
Wafflehead
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#392 - 2014-07-15 14:16:49 UTC
CCP SoniClover we need to have a way to stop people from taking courier contracts and then just logging off!.

I propose a system where if you BLOCK someone, they cannot interact with you at all and also unable to accept contracts from the person who blocked them.

It is so annoying when someone picks up a contract and waits for the 10 hours and then completes it.
CJ Alland
CB Trading
#393 - 2014-07-15 14:24:38 UTC
Wafflehead wrote:
CCP SoniClover we need to have a way to stop people from taking courier contracts and then just logging off!.

I propose a system where if you BLOCK someone, they cannot interact with you at all and also unable to accept contracts from the person who blocked them.

It is so annoying when someone picks up a contract and waits for the 10 hours and then completes it.

+1
Thandi Uhura
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#394 - 2014-07-15 14:28:39 UTC
Wafflehead wrote:

Having your contracts invisible to people on your Block list would be good, for contracts placed by individuals. I don't know how it could work for contracts listed by corporations.

The problem comes about because a contractor posts a contract with a good reward to encourage a quick delivery. What then happens is that someone accepts the contract and subcontracts it at a lower amount. As that amount is just the standard rate, delivery is no quicker than usual, and the original contractor is kept waiting.

This could largely be circumvented with a system whereby the contractor pays a low reward if delivery is within the standard 24 hours but attaches a substantial bonus if delivery is made within a shorter period or by a specified time.

The Haulers Channel is a meeting place for independent couriers where contractors can arrange to have their goods moved and new haulers can learn the tricks of the trade.

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#395 - 2014-07-20 15:21:03 UTC
or lower the 'time to complete' integer

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Pearl Canopus
#396 - 2014-07-22 08:54:30 UTC
1. Please, make the question to accept collateral ignorable by option. It's really annoying.

2. Make courier contracts more like distribution missions. If a contracter likes a faster transport than within 24h, he should be able to provide an express delivery bonus.

in example:
Contract delivery within 24h: 500,000 ISK
Delivery within 2h: +1.5 million ISK

3. More granular filtering of search results or search cases
- profit per jump
- marking pickup stations belong the presently set route
- granular filter for pickup stations beside not more than x jumps from set route

So I'd like to see some features which allow to make packet logistic more effective and profitable or less time wasting.
Khiluale Zotakibe
Protection of Underground Resources
#397 - 2014-07-22 10:36:12 UTC
As I mentioned on the post I created about the contracting system a few days ago (https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=358865&find=unread):

Currently the contract skills only allow to create a maximum of 21 public contracts on your behalf.

What I suggest is to create advanced contracting skills similar to the market order skills so that players dedicated to trade via contract are able to do so without having to create their own private corp to do so.

Also, I suggest that the current limit of 500 contracts to your corp or corp members to be changed so that it applies to your alliance or alliance members too (not all alliances have dedicated logistics corps).

Also, as someone suggested, make it possible to accept a public contract from anywhere (similar to how private contracts can be accepted regardless of the region).
Khiluale Zotakibe
Protection of Underground Resources
#398 - 2014-07-22 10:40:41 UTC
BugraT WarheaD wrote:
Maybe having the hability to name a contract will be nice. For example, when I make dozens of contracts with pre-fitted ships form my corp, all contracts are named [Multiple Items]. It's boring, why shouldn't I be able to name it ?

Oh! And this too!

I can see how this could be useful in alliance contracts as it could be named to the ship doctrine and would make it less of a pain to make sure you are taking the armor fit and not the shield fit. It would also benefit contract issuers as it would create more visibility on what's on contracts and what needs to be resupplied.
Bitzan
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#399 - 2014-07-22 16:29:14 UTC
Khiluale Zotakibe wrote:
As I mentioned on the post I created about the contracting system a few days ago (https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=358865&find=unread):

Currently the contract skills only allow to create a maximum of 21 public contracts on your behalf.

What I suggest is to create advanced contracting skills similar to the market order skills so that players dedicated to trade via contract are able to do so without having to create their own private corp to do so.

Also, I suggest that the current limit of 500 contracts to your corp or corp members to be changed so that it applies to your alliance or alliance members too (not all alliances have dedicated logistics corps).

Also, as someone suggested, make it possible to accept a public contract from anywhere (similar to how private contracts can be accepted regardless of the region).

+1
TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#400 - 2014-07-26 14:59:27 UTC
Still waiting for a DEV shoutout. Lot of good ideas in here, pls let us know what is done with all of it.

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-