These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Feedback request on Contract system

First post First post
Author
Arkumord Churhee
Nice Try.
#361 - 2014-06-16 19:21:26 UTC
BugraT WarheaD wrote:
Maybe having the hability to name a contract will be nice. For example, when I make dozens of contracts with pre-fitted ships form my corp, all contracts are named [Multiple Items]. It's boring, why shouldn't I be able to name it ?

*boring and tedious to find the right one

enhanced that for you.

But really, naming contracts would be a huge improvement (apart from making it a bit easier for the scammers, but hey... ^^)
Maybe display the ship type in the name if the contract has just one fitted ship in it?
TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#362 - 2014-06-17 09:07:44 UTC
Suggestion : Make a menu item when having a stack selected in any inventory surrounding of a station. Name it 'send to inventory and start contract wizzard'
Keywords : Inventory, UI, contracts
Note: When starting a distribution cycle, I have set upto a multitude of destination (as in trade locations) containers with stuff in it. I have to send them stack by stack to inventory, find them and contract the group after selecting again. This is made easyer by filters, but some groups just cant be filtered. Now I move them stack by stack to containers with destination labels and contract them out. This works fine between alts, but when working with PushX or RedFrog this is horrible.

Found this one somewhere in my little things history, still would like this.

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Althalus Stenory
Flying Blacksmiths
#363 - 2014-06-17 15:07:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Althalus Stenory
Some little things are missing :

1) Create buy contract with the ability :
  • to check weather we want copy or original
  • to define the "minimum" ME/PE allowed to fulfill the contract
  • to define the minimum run if we want a copy

2) Being able to set a "max range" to fulfill a buy contract (station, solar system etc) : market orders have the same, why don't contracts ?

EsiPy - Python 2.7 / 3.3+ Swagger Client based on pyswagger for ESI

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#364 - 2014-06-17 20:07:37 UTC
This is particularly interesting for CCs, but I think also other contract types could benefit from it:

I want to have an expandable section when I click on the "show route" link and actually see the route in a glance fashion just like the autopilot route view. If I then still want to view the route on the map, I can access that via another link within this expandable section.

Fancy picture to illustrate.

Benefits are obvious: Since you are unable to set filters to exclude contracts, especially CCs with 00/Low sec on the route, you currently have to set route to find that out. This information, in my opinion however, should be included and be visible in the contract window itself. Determining the destination/pickup station type should also be quicker, which is achieved by this

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Suzuka A1
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#365 - 2014-06-18 19:55:23 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
Please make it so that what you pay and what you receive are kept in visually distinct areas. With current contracts, it can be very easy to confuse players as to the actual payment/payout of contracts.

To clarify, as an example it is currently possible to make a contract read:

---
You will pay:

You will receive:

You will pay:
---

With the pay/receive fields going in alternating order. When the 'you will receive' section is a large list of items, the second 'you will pay' field beneath it can fail to register in people's conscious, especially if it is very small.

What I would recommend, instead of a simple alternating vertical readout, would be to divide it into clearly separated horizontal sections. Ideally, each section should also have its own independent scrollbar.

........Pay.......................................................Receive........
You will pay: (Isk)..............|..............You will receive: (Isk)
..........................................|..........................................
You will pay: (Items)..........|..............You will receive: (Items)

This is a simple and fantastic idea as well as being able to drag and drop items into a contract.

Never forget the battle of Z9PP-H  What actually happened: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgcUwTmHY74 Battle Report: http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?42836-They-Might-Be-Giants-The-Southwest&p=497626&viewfull=1#post497626

Sunai Karvinoinas
#366 - 2014-06-20 08:30:45 UTC
An information about legality of courier contract ware would be nice.

I don't think I can look in a sealed container.
Contracter may be able to put their stuff into secure container and create contracts for closed packages.
Molic Blackbird
Orion Faction Industries
Orion Consortium
#367 - 2014-06-22 03:54:54 UTC
Thanks for adding a filter to the private contract search, but it could still use some work.

'Only Exact Phrase' still will include Corp tickers and names with special characters like an apostrophe or a period.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#368 - 2014-06-23 23:25:42 UTC
Yuri Fedorov wrote:
Top feature I would like to see would be a deadline for a reward bonus like "complete by (eve time) for 2m bonus" or "complete within 30 minutes of accepting for 2m reward, complete within 1 hour for 1m reward" etc., or something similar to discourage contract hoarding.

I can see a lot of potential scams arising from that one.

Biggest one for me is do not allow the same item in "gives" and "gets" as its just silly and annoying to have to look for every time you look at a contract.
Kenrailae
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#369 - 2014-06-24 13:08:05 UTC
I'd like to see the option to remove items that can't be contracted as an 'X items can't be contracted, would you like to remove?' pop up deal.

As a formerly low sec Pirate, trying to go through hundreds of items and find the 1 or 2 drugs that can't be contracted is an immense pain. Why would you be contracting stuff? If you were out of station and contracting it to a carrier alt or main to move.

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#370 - 2014-06-24 17:22:56 UTC
I'm going to put my feedback on "let us accept a contract in any region from whatever region we're currently in".

So bloody annoying.
Gabriel Luis
Horde Vanguard.
Pandemic Horde
#371 - 2014-06-24 17:35:20 UTC
On courier contracts, add also a ISK/m³ below the current ISK/jump one. That would give a hand for all the 0.0 guys who run JF services.

[03:18:54] Zack1023 > tishu = pl, nc.

Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#372 - 2014-06-24 19:07:55 UTC
I would like to be able to put up Corporate and Alliance level contracts without having required access to a corporate wallet (If I want to feed the alliance myself with contracts, let me).

The interface should be clearer also.

I also kinda wish you could deliver contracts to a POS (I don't see it happening).

Yaay!!!!

Sir Garon
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#373 - 2014-07-01 10:32:51 UTC
Would like the ability to search your completed contracts for an item.
TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#374 - 2014-07-01 20:59:46 UTC
Still would like a CCP shoutout in this thread.

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#375 - 2014-07-02 02:22:13 UTC
Please add alliance-level contracts. Thank you.
Sbrodor
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#376 - 2014-07-02 06:34:40 UTC
i've seen the new upgrade for fitting ship without skill for contractin.

many corp make a lot of fitted ship in contract for corp\ally but the limit of 2 week only is too short if we consider a big amount of ships and usually only few people have roles to make these contract.

It would be awesome extend (even for only corporation ) the time limit to 1 month.
Pearl Canopus
#377 - 2014-07-04 10:11:45 UTC
Allow courier contracts from/to customs offices.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#378 - 2014-07-05 14:25:38 UTC
has it been brought up that the max m3 for a courier contract is ~981k, but freighters now hold more than that?

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Ydnari
Estrale Frontiers
#379 - 2014-07-05 15:12:18 UTC
Daichi Yamato wrote:
has it been brought up that the max m3 for a courier contract is ~981k, but freighters now hold more than that?

Yes, but no response of any sort

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=350288

--

Ugo Anzomi
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#380 - 2014-07-05 23:07:45 UTC
Can see what you put inside in a courier contract would be very nice