These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Feedback request on Contract system

First post First post
Author
Markus45
Doomheim
#281 - 2014-05-19 23:16:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Markus45
I recently had to create 25 courier contracts with Red Frog freight. It was a horrible experience so here is a suggestion:

- Allow us to create multiple contracts at the same time.

This could be achieved through this window http://i.imgur.com/HTWvykf.png
In the red section could be a drop-down menu for each item, "Contract number". By default they are all set to 1, but it can be adjusted as needed to create new contract groups. Each contract group has the same settings (collateral, payments, etc.). The game creates a new contract for each contract group once you hit "submit".

Please. Thanks.
Tek Handle
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#282 - 2014-05-19 23:45:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Tek Handle
Put everything onto ONE SINGLE PAGE. The contract creation wizard is so 1995 and the most time spent is clicking all these steps.

Aaaand... drag'n'drop, yes!
Viz
Yjellio
#283 - 2014-05-20 12:47:11 UTC
I have a character name issue regarding contracts:

Whenever someone try to set up a contract to me directly, they get a list of (probably) hundreds of people whom character name contains "viz" of some sort. Like:

Vizaan Kadoor
Vizeryn19
Vizarin
Vize Een
Vizeadmiral Gorma
etc.

and

xxx Viz***
yyy Viz**'
etc.

Even tho the list is ordered alphabetically it is surprisingly hard to find my name there. Drag/dropping doesn't help either.
It's getting quite annoying, especially for people who's not familiar with the problem.

DetKhord Saisio
Seniors Clan
#284 - 2014-05-20 15:09:11 UTC
Viz wrote:

Whenever someone try to set up a contract to me directly, they get a list of (probably) hundreds of people whom character name contains "viz" of some sort. Like:

Vizaan Kadoor
Vizeryn19
Vizarin
Vize Een
Vizeadmiral Gorma
etc.

and

xxx Viz***
yyy Viz**'
etc.

Even tho the list is ordered alphabetically it is surprisingly hard to find my name there. Drag/dropping doesn't help either.
It's getting quite annoying, especially for people who's not familiar with the problem.

This may have changed, but I believe adding a name to their contact list prior to contract creation reduces that issue. Didn't drag/drop used to work?
Viz
Yjellio
#285 - 2014-05-20 15:27:23 UTC
DetKhord Saisio wrote:
Viz wrote:

Vizaan Kadoor
Vizeryn19
Vizarin
Vize Een
Vizeadmiral Gorma
etc.

and

xxx Viz***
yyy Viz**'
etc.

This may have changed, but I believe adding a name to their contact list prior to contract creation reduces that issue. Didn't drag/drop used to work?

I believe it did used to work, yes.

Contact list doesn't help other than that the name becomes partly easier to locate in the list due to the colored icon(s). Besides, not everybody wants to have me in their contact list Sad
Zam Zumah
Es and Whizz
Hedonistic Imperative
#286 - 2014-05-20 17:25:44 UTC
A useful change that would aid not just us in the Booster Industry but many alliances who hand out ships and equipment, would be WTB contracts not requiring an exact stack to fill.

For example, currently if a corp member wishes to buy drugs to resell, they create a contract in our hub station with the price and drugs required. I then have to remote split the stack of drugs in the store hangar, then move the drugs to my own personal hangar and then accept the contract.

Ideally, I'd just choose the correct corp hangar and the drugs come directly out of whatever stacks available.

Other organisations may find this useful too, where members require ship replacements, and the onus is on the member to create a contract with what they need and the administrator to check it over and accept.

Two other minor improvements, would be ability to fill own contracts (for transparency and accountancy reasons) and restrict hangar access to remove only via contract.

IcyMidnight
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#287 - 2014-05-20 21:27:13 UTC
Allow at least one extra level of containers in contracts. Sub-contracting contracts is commonplace and containers always cause headaches for haulers.
Mr Reapor
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#288 - 2014-05-21 04:38:07 UTC
I have been playing for a while now, and noticed need for a different type of contract... ( Some times a simple bounty isn't enough.)

For example hit man or assassination contracts. There is a well thought out bounty system for the game, but not a personalized way of hiring some one to take out a specific target.. It should be a very personal contract , from a corporation to an individual, or an individual to individual. The person doing the job, would be paid on completion of the job and a death certificate would be sent to the other party or parties involved. any bounty that was placed on the target would be either split between both parties, or sent to the hit man/ assassin, as a bonus for a job well done.

A second type would be a security contract, to provide security for a specific person or corporation for a selected amount of time. these contracts would rely on the employer to judge their performance at the completion of the decided time period.

Both of these contracts would add some more types of characters to the univers that is EVE and provide some protection/ revenge from "gankers" and extortionists.
Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#289 - 2014-05-21 10:03:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Samira Kernher
Please make it so that what you pay and what you receive are kept in visually distinct areas. With current contracts, it can be very easy to confuse players as to the actual payment/payout of contracts.

To clarify, as an example it is currently possible to make a contract read:

---
You will pay:

You will receive:

You will pay:
---

With the pay/receive fields going in alternating order. When the 'you will receive' section is a large list of items, the second 'you will pay' field beneath it can fail to register in people's conscious, especially if it is very small.

What I would recommend, instead of a simple alternating vertical readout, would be to divide it into clearly separated horizontal sections. Ideally, each section should also have its own independent scrollbar.

........Pay.......................................................Receive........
You will pay: (Isk)..............|..............You will receive: (Isk)
..........................................|..........................................
You will pay: (Items)..........|..............You will receive: (Items)
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#290 - 2014-05-21 10:09:26 UTC
Make it impossible to have the same item in both the "you will recieve" and the "you will pay" sections of the contract.

The current situation allowing this is totally unrealistic in terms of any real world contracting (and would create an illegal contract) serves no purpose other than scamming and means you need to waste unnecessary extra time double checking every large contract to make sure you are not giving back items you just bought.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#291 - 2014-05-21 10:21:11 UTC
Noroswen wrote:

How about an ability to loan money, with some sort of penalty clause if it is not paid back (Like collateral but at the end)

This would work if the collateral was items like ships.

[You will recieve] - - - - - ISK (the loan amount you borrow from other player)
[You will pay] - - - - - - - - - (the ships etc on collateral which neither player can access temporarily)
[You will repay] - - - - - - ISK (original amount plus interest to be repayed to get the collateral back)

On acceptance of the contract the collateral items disappear from borrowers inventor and ISK is deposited.
On repayment collateral items are returned to players inventory.
If repayment is not made by specified date the collateral items are transferred to lenders inventory.
Joseph Blade
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#292 - 2014-05-21 11:27:37 UTC
When searching "Public" contracts, also show me alliance, corp
When searching "Alliance" contracts, also show me corp contracts

that way I can find what I am looking for without running the query 3 times.

or make the radiobutton into checkboxes and aggregate the results into 1 resultset
Allison A'vani
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#293 - 2014-05-21 20:45:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Allison A'vani
PLEASE allow me to trade drugs via contracts. It is so instantly frustrating that I can not contract drugs from a LOW SEC or a NULL SEC station to someone in the same LOW SEC or NULL SEC station. Sure, have a warning pop up if it is a cour contract, but LET ME TRADE THEM VIA CONTRACT. This is by far the dumbest restriction in the game and is so incredibly arbitrary it is simply a stupid mechanic that gets in the way of everyone who actually uses combat boosters. Especially if I am doing a private contract to another character ON THE SAME ACCOUNT.
Justin Cody
War Firm
#294 - 2014-05-22 06:13:21 UTC
CCP SoniClover wrote:
Hello Capsuleers. We're looking into what small improvements we can make to the contract system to make it more useful and trustworthy. We would love to hear any feedback from you guys on this. We're most interested in suggestions for UI/usability improvements and comments on pain points you encounter in using the system. The more constructive the feedback is the better; 'Get rid of the scammers' is for example not particularly helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Make it useful in wormhole space? K thanks bye
voetius
Grundrisse
#295 - 2014-05-22 08:30:56 UTC
Viz wrote:

Vizaan Kadoor
Vizeryn19
Vizarin
Vize Een
Vizeadmiral Gorma
etc.

and

xxx Viz***
yyy Viz**'
etc.

I would like to second this. I swap stuff around between my trade alts quite often and I see this every time on one of my alts.
Mikhem
Taxisk Unlimited
#296 - 2014-05-22 21:29:51 UTC
Could shares be sold in contract system? There could be buy and sell orders for shares. Since transferring share ownership is like transferring ISK share contracts could be accepted anywhere and created anywhere.

Mikhem

Link library to EVE music songs.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#297 - 2014-05-23 04:11:39 UTC
Rather than Select Items -> Create Contract, it would be nice to right-click recipient -> Create Contract -> Drop items into contract window. Then define whether it's an item exchange or courier contract, for example.

Or heck, just open a window with recipient, items and administrivia panes. Drag everything into the window. Even allow multiple people on an item exchange contract so any one of a number of people have a chance to claim the contract first, i.e.: my loose "alliance" of single-person corporations could have the opportunity to claim a courier contract from Jarizza to Rens.

"Find in contracts" should return only contracts that actually contain that item. I don't want to see contracts for Miner II when I'm looking for Miner I.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#298 - 2014-05-23 04:12:46 UTC
Mikhem wrote:
Could shares be sold in contract system? There could be buy and sell orders for shares. Since transferring share ownership is like transferring ISK share contracts could be accepted anywhere and created anywhere.

I'd like to have an actual share market, or stock exchange.
TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#299 - 2014-05-23 07:27:47 UTC
I really would like a CCP shoutout in here, that this is still read, and something will be done with it.

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Ong
Lumberjack Commandos
#300 - 2014-05-23 11:05:49 UTC
Just going to copy and paste my post from the little things thread:

Suggestion: If deleting mass contract it would be nice to be able to select all and delete all rather then having to delete each one individually.
Keywords: Contracts

Suggestion: A renew contract button so the same contract can just be renewed so I don't end up having to make brand new contracts for each one.
Keywords: Contracts
Notes: This may not seem like much if only doing 1 or 2 contracts but when doing corp or alliance logistics it can be often hundreds of contracts at a time.

Suggestion: Make it possible to make multiple contracts at the same time.
Notes: If I am doing alliance logistics and contracting 50 of the same ship, having to make 50 individual contracts is beyond annoying. Maybe something along the lines of select all 50 ships, click create contract, be able to put in the price, contract to corp/alliance then a tick box for make individual contracts so it separates them all into individual contracts.