These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Feedback request on Contract system

First post First post
Author
Death Bite
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#221 - 2014-04-28 07:30:47 UTC
Dont know about the rest but please allow the creation of a courier contract to be created for one self.

The fact that if you want to move a ship of your own that isnt repackaged due to not allowing you to move assembled ships forces you to use contract but then its stupid to not be allowed to create a courier contract to yourself to move that you need.

IDGAD
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#222 - 2014-04-28 17:08:38 UTC
Although this is more market than contract, I'd like to see it done anyway. I constantly buy hundreds of ships and fittings only to transport them in a JF and then assemble them to put on contracts. The purchasing of X number of ships is very time consuming, and I would love to see a "quote" system from the fitting window or somewhere similar that would allow you to buy X number of a certain ship and fitting. I would also like a way to make it easier to mass fit these ships, and put them on contracts.... although this is a niche request since not many people do this on this scale.
Loraine Gess
Confedeferate Union of Tax Legalists
#223 - 2014-04-28 19:28:04 UTC
Don't know if this has been posted but I would like contracts system to sort by all contracts available, not just those currently listed on the page. This is especially a problem with couriers of which there are very many, but few results per page.
penifSMASH
ElitistOps
Deepwater Hooligans
#224 - 2014-04-28 20:00:19 UTC
1) So currently, if you want to make a courier contract on behalf of your corporation starting from a station where you *don't* have an office, you are unable to do so unless the items are in deliveries. To get it into deliveries, you have to item exchange contract the items to yourself, then accept for corp. This is really annoying. You should be able to courier contract something from your personal hangar on behalf of corp if you don't have an office.

2) One feature I'd like to see is something like the Quickbar we have for the Market window. I'd like to select an item from a list I make and quickly search for available contracts instead of having to type out the exact name of the item every time.
vilya novacat
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#225 - 2014-04-29 17:13:07 UTC  |  Edited by: vilya novacat
Creation:
Templates (Re-create previous contracts. IE: Needing to purchase x amount of various minerals time after time without selecting the types/numbers each time)
Combined with templates, right click options. IE: Right click on a container, "contracts" -> select a courier template with prefilled destination and pricing.
Reduce window spam, combine the first 3 contract creation windows into 1.

And +1 to the suggestions of courier to yourself to get around packaged ships into cargo; and doing corp contracts from personal hanger.
Freelancer117
So you want to be a Hero
#226 - 2014-04-29 22:06:29 UTC
I am missing a " Refresh Button" in the contracts UI Cool

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

Julian Huxley
Solomon Bank and Trading Co.
#227 - 2014-04-30 03:35:27 UTC
Allow 1 month contracts.

Allow players to write options contracts. It could be an item exchange contract, in order to accept the contract the person accepting must pay a specified amount of isk. When the contract expires, the person who accepted it has the option of carrying out the item exchange. If the current format of the item exchange contract was used to specify what the person accepting the option contract had the option to exchange both puts and calls would be possible.

Options let all of eve industry hedge what they do.
Leppales Beddelver
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#228 - 2014-04-30 05:37:26 UTC
Items that are in both give and take categories should cancel out.
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#229 - 2014-04-30 07:38:46 UTC
I don't suppose some kind of reputation system for public contracts is something desirable or easy to implement?

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#230 - 2014-04-30 10:24:52 UTC
I'd like the ability to see items attached to something (ie. a fitted ship) inset in an easier-to-see fashion, and to be able to search specifically for fitted ships or packaged ships.

It would be really great if I could open the contract and at a glance see the ship's whole fit visually represented with icons, and all the empty slots made obvious.

Howabout an option to view the contents of conracts as a text list, list with small icons, grid of small icons without names (unless you mouseover), or grid of full icons with names? Similar to the options I have for looking at files on my computer.

I definitely want to be able to see a lot of contents without doing a lot of scrolling.

Lastly, it would be cool to be able to compare similar contracts or to enter several items into a contract search. I want to make sure I'm not paying 75 mil for a battlecruiser with the wrong fit.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Lemmih AI
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#231 - 2014-04-30 15:52:36 UTC
Here's an idea for replacing the [Multiple Items], since I'm sure there is concern about allowing free text:
Allow the contractor to select a primary item from the items and the contract, and an item category from the other items in the contract. For instance:

Archon
Helium Isotopes
Energized Adaptive Nanoplating

The contractor could choose names such as:
Multiple items
Archon and fuel
Archon and modules
Archon and Ice Products
Archon and other items
Helium Isotopes and ship
Helium Isotopes and modules
Helium Isotopes and carrier
Energized Adaptive Nanoplating and fuel
Energized Adaptive Nanoplating and materials
Energized Adaptive Nanoplating and carrier
and so forth

In this way, the name can be informative, somewhat uniform, and not falsified.
Blastil
Aideron Robotics
Aideron Robotics.
#232 - 2014-05-02 17:45:00 UTC
Can we get contract 'reviews' and enable players to rate the trustworthiness of their peers? Basically an Ebay review system? Because frankly, it would A: Fix scamming pretty damn fast, and B: Let people know if they're getting a reasonable deal on things.
Lady Aesir
Ghost Recon Inc
#233 - 2014-05-02 20:13:23 UTC
Presenting the information on contract history would be nice something similar to this

Bruce Sotken
Small Hole Much Liquid
#234 - 2014-05-03 19:07:33 UTC
May have been covered but when copying a contract that includes a fitted ship, the contract system will select any ship of that type as well as trying to include the individual mods from the hangar even if they are present on the fitted ship. This leads me to two fixes:

1) If copying a fit ship, the system should only look for ships with an identical fit when copying
2) When the fit ship is found and added to the contract in 1, the system should not then add the mods from the hangar

Currently, you have to move any mods out of your hangar (as well as ships) if you do not when them to be added to the contracts and you face the "item not found" error every time you copy even if everything is present but fit to the ship
Lion IX
State War Academy
Caldari State
#235 - 2014-05-04 08:20:37 UTC
My biggest 2 suggestions:

1) Provide a way to better save regions in contract searches. 6 locations will remain in the drop down box, but I like to watch 7 areas, so it gets annoying not being able to quickly switch locations searched.

2) Ability to ignore contracts by a certain entity. This would be great if linked with your blocked characters list. It provides a way to keep the contract list clear of scams/people who post contracts you know you won't want.
Master Sergeant MacRobert
Red Sky Morning
The Amarr Militia.
#236 - 2014-05-04 10:16:42 UTC
I should be able to contract "to Militia" just like I can "Corp" and "Alliance".

"Remedy this situation or you shall live out the rest of your life in a pain amplifier"

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#237 - 2014-05-04 12:35:46 UTC
Can we have bigger security level indicators in front of the system names? The small dot is kinda ... small and the bigger rectangle that you also have in the Route part would be better.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Tara Tyrael
Quantum Anomaly Corporation
#238 - 2014-05-04 21:10:06 UTC
CCP SoniClover wrote:
Hello Capsuleers. We're looking into what small improvements we can make to the contract system to make it more useful and trustworthy. We would love to hear any feedback from you guys on this. We're most interested in suggestions for UI/usability improvements and comments on pain points you encounter in using the system. The more constructive the feedback is the better; 'Get rid of the scammers' is for example not particularly helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

How about we get rid of the scammers? just kidding

Anyways, needs to be less clicky

Additional stuff:
a) Clicking on image or name of module in market window should give option to search contracts
b) Searching contracts should remember last settings after you look for contracts by right clicking on item in chat
example:
i) open contracts, look for rokh blueprint, select to show only blueprint originals, then type to search rifter blueprint and you will still be searching for originals only
ii) open contracts, look for rokh blueprint, select to show only blueprint originals, then type in chat rifter blueprint, select the text, autolink it to item, right click on it and look on contracts and contract window will revert to default values searching for everything, not just originals
c) 2 sorting of price is bad thing... one is upper right corner which is real thing you want, and second one is the column sorting of only displayed items. and yes, I did forget about it so I've spent some time as a noob buying overpriced items since I didn't use the global price sorting, only displayed items sorting.
d) location drop down menu on contract search has y-scroll bar, yet all things are visible, there is only like 2-3 pixels extra which force scroll bar to appear, so you should make minumum size of that dropdown menu like few pixels more in height so scroll bar is gone
e) contract start page is a mess...
f) usually from my client, takes me about 5-8 clicks to get my current contracts which are available or 5-8 clicks to get my past contracts, for past one that is ok, but for my available contracts I want to be able to get them in 2 clicks.
Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#239 - 2014-05-05 05:57:12 UTC
Make descriptions more visible or searchable.

Trying to figure out whats inside a [Multiple Items] is a pain. You have to mouse over each one to get a description tooltip, which just sucks.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Yun Kuai
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#240 - 2014-05-05 09:56:49 UTC
Please remove the 250 item limit on courier contracts. When you have over 1,500 different items (see laser crystals) and I have to manually break things up into groups just to make it contractable is beyond annoying and adds a lot of unnecessary work trying to calculate load sizes versus number of items per contract.

--------------------------------------------------------::::::::::::--:::-----:::---::::::::::::--------------:::----------:::----:::---:::----------------------:::::::-------:::---:::----::::::-------------------:::-----------:::--:::----:::---------------------::::::::::::----:::::::----:::::::::::::-------