These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New EVE Ship Models Discussion

First post First post First post
Author
Xavi Bastanold
Sveipar Trade and Transport
#621 - 2014-03-31 16:37:31 UTC
Firetail

I'd like to see more ships that are combinations of two factions. For example, Machariel is something that was a merging of technologies and it looks awesome for it.

Good hunting,

Xavi

Skutter Midumulf
Proioxis Assault Force
Rogue Caldari Union
#622 - 2014-03-31 18:34:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Skutter Midumulf
Rifter
Vagabond
Hurricane
Dramiel
Tengu
Abaddon
Apocalypse
Archon

Thanks!
Vandervecken Smith
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#623 - 2014-03-31 18:40:16 UTC
Megathron

About the same size as the Rifter USB hub would be fine, thought he Rifter is very light and feels cheap.
Vandervecken Smith
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#624 - 2014-03-31 18:41:04 UTC
Nyx

About the same size as the Rifter USB hub would be fine, thought he Rifter is very light and feels cheap.
Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#625 - 2014-03-31 18:51:05 UTC
A 1,50m long plush Maelstrom pls. Maybe a Hurricane and a NAPOC too.

Who doesnt want to hug their favorite internet spaceships?
Purpleshadez
Viziam
#626 - 2014-03-31 18:59:22 UTC
ALL of them !!!!!!

but i think the command ships or battlecruisers would be nice to see

LolLolLolLol

**Too Proud to Beg, Too Stubon to Try **

Zmikund
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#627 - 2014-03-31 21:46:28 UTC
Carriers - they dont need new model, they need resize - basically everytime i see carrier and BS sitting next to it i think ... was anyone thinking when they made theese ship models? how are 2 nightmares supposted to fit into one archon ... even single machariel cant fit inside ... how are 2 BS supposted to do so?

New models generally - generally i think new models should be much more created to fit into role they r supposted to do and not to be pretty or whatever ... lets take tempest for example ... old model was pretty much one of ugliest models in game, but that wouldnt be problem if it would fit into its role, but it didnt, neither does new model ... tempest is armor tanked ship and as one he should have heavy hull ... the back part of it is pretty heavy tanked, but what about those 2 necks or what they are? should something like this be on armor tanked ship? i dont think so ...
Same problem with nestor ... heavy armor tanked ship ... middle of hull is pretty nice to this concept, but what is that big circle and those airplane-like wing on back of ship? same as tempest ... 1 hit and they r broken ... thats something i hate abotu eve models ... they seem to be so unpractical ... they might look nice, but in the end nobody would create heavy armor tanked ship with so many weak points ...
Drolnori
MyNor Corps
#628 - 2014-03-31 21:56:56 UTC
thanks for asking what we would like. I am unsure if your going to use the old style of model or the type thet was in the collector edition (rifter) hoping the old school one.

vindicator. for sure. tempest. rattlesnake..

thanks again and i won't let these ones pass me by like i did the first sets!!!
poCHi GumGum
Stille Gewalt
#629 - 2014-03-31 21:58:54 UTC
1. Legion with swappable subs.
2. Hyperion Aliastra Edition
3. Apocalypse Imperial Edition

Maybe start small with Shuttles and Frigates then go up.
Gabhrael Lyrian
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#630 - 2014-03-31 22:56:45 UTC
HURRICANE
MAGNATE
ARMAGEDDON
(in that order)
I feel that these three ships in particular emulate three important temperaments and playstyles, and all three are distinctive pieces of eve art.
Aalysia Valkeiper
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#631 - 2014-03-31 23:24:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Aalysia Valkeiper
Venture

I posted this earlier (or thought I did, can't find it)

The reasons:
1> the venture is known by just about every player who signs up for a trial account now.
2> its 'front-runners' can house USB ports (as many as 8, one in each 'box' and two pointing forward)
3> its 'main hull' could house a number of useful items, like a CD drive, external hard drive, external ram, or even a solid-state hard drive.

Enabling #2 and #3 could move the model from the hobbyist shelves to the electronic shelves or even into the electronic stores (where the customer is more likely to try EvE online). Also, the ship could house a screensaver for the purchaser's computer. I know I would certainly enjoy watching ships travel around, warping to and using stargates, walking around in captain's quarters. Such a screensaver would entice a lot more people to try EvE online.
Snupe Doggur
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#632 - 2014-03-31 23:48:49 UTC
The entire Sisters of Eve line, which I have only just now realized is beautiful. And which CCP is already several days late in delivering to my mailbox! Cool

That whatever-it-is field could be tough to render in plastic, I'll admit. It wouldn't ripple so seductively.
Victor Maximus
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#633 - 2014-04-01 01:16:19 UTC
Ark

As to the options... Preferably no lights. If you can get high quality painting then by all means paint them, if not then better let us paint them Lol.

Keep their size equal or bigger than the collector editions rifter. I think if you made battleships perhaps 2x the size that would be ideal (so not actual proportions, but BS bigger than frigs, cruisers somewhere in between).
GaiusMarius Julius
The Free Republic of Libertatis
#634 - 2014-04-01 02:27:56 UTC
The Leviathan. It needs a complete re do. Maybe make it look symmetrical.
Lfod Shi
Lfod's Ratting and Salvage
#635 - 2014-04-01 02:54:29 UTC
3 - 6 inch Flycatcher w/ 6x light missile launchers and a salvaging module please!

♪ They'll always be bloodclaws to me ♫

KiltedWarrior
BlackWatch Industrial Group
Memento Moriendo
#636 - 2014-04-01 03:40:07 UTC
Nyx

I would really like a model I can assemble and paint similar to other model airplanes and ships. Since a Nyx is big, I'd love a model of say 1.5 feet or about 46 centimeters.

Just a dream Cool
KiltedWarrior
Memento Moriendo
#637 - 2014-04-01 03:41:48 UTC
Archon

I think it's the most beautiful standard carrier. Again, I'd love a plastic model I could paint/assemble.
Windspeed Khagah
New Eden Spacecraft Testing Labs
#638 - 2014-04-01 03:43:12 UTC
Nightmare

preassembled - or semi assembled plastic

Would love to put blinken lights, I would paint it gloss black. Of course, it would need a stand of some sort.
KiltedWarrior
Memento Moriendo
#639 - 2014-04-01 03:43:20 UTC
Any of the dreadnoughts.

I think having movable parts to make them "go in an out of siege" would be awesome.
KiltedWarrior
Memento Moriendo
#640 - 2014-04-01 03:46:27 UTC
Scorpion

It's one of the best looking ships in the game. Again, I would love a plastic model I could assemble.