These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE API and Public CREST discussion

First post First post First post
Author
XiT Valkyrie Daphiti
Moosearmy
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#761 - 2015-10-15 02:19:59 UTC
Does crest keep track of the time and amount of bought and sold items in Eve?
Pete Butcher
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#762 - 2015-10-15 04:32:12 UTC
XiT Valkyrie Daphiti wrote:
Does crest keep track of the time and amount of bought and sold items in Eve?


There is a market history endpoint, but I can't remember where it's documented. You can Google it.

http://evernus.com - the ultimate multiplatform EVE trade tool + nullsec Alliance Market tool

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#763 - 2015-10-15 11:10:07 UTC
https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/market/marketdisplay.php runs off the history endpoint (mostly in JS, so if you can read that, then you can see how it works. just has a couple of custom apis for typename to typeid and so on)

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Albert Einstein Olacar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#764 - 2015-10-15 15:33:46 UTC
So in general what is the 'best' language to write a 3rd party application. I have read that some of Eve data is a little messy and not a friendly conversion to certain languages.
Pete Butcher
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#765 - 2015-10-15 15:55:57 UTC
Albert Einstein Olacar wrote:
So in general what is the 'best' language to write a 3rd party application. I have read that some of Eve data is a little messy and not a friendly conversion to certain languages.


There isn't such thing as "best" language. You should always choose the right tool for the job, so the first question is - what kind of application do you want to make?

http://evernus.com - the ultimate multiplatform EVE trade tool + nullsec Alliance Market tool

Albert Einstein Olacar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#766 - 2015-10-15 16:18:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Albert Einstein Olacar
Pete Butcher wrote:
Albert Einstein Olacar wrote:
So in general what is the 'best' language to write a 3rd party application. I have read that some of Eve data is a little messy and not a friendly conversion to certain languages.


There isn't such thing as "best" language. You should always choose the right tool for the job, so the first question is - what kind of application do you want to make?



Hey all, I was recently thinking of making a program and or application that does the following:

Takes every item in the game and determines when it was sold and then graphs it.
This will show the best times to trade that item.
Starting off, It would tell you the frequency over all of eve then as I progress It can be station specific


These are some basic ideas, however, my main question is there a public access to time stamped data of when things are sold. I have thought of a couple different ways of getting this data, although it would be much easier if CCP already had a time stamp of everything bought and sold. The other way would be to use the API of every player active on EVE online and use there transaction logs to determine what was bought and sold and the time. Although from a coding point of view this would take ages, and as an application may not be the most efficient, however it is doable.....
Here https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=440548 it talks about volume which is important but my main concern would be obtaining a time stamp as of now.

If anyone has questions or concerns please ask. This is just an idea as of now I Have done some basic frame work on coding. If you need any further explanation of my ideas let me know!

And yes i know there is no 'best' ha ha hence the quotes. :)

Here is another discussion on it https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=450871&find=unread
Pete Butcher
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#767 - 2015-10-16 06:17:07 UTC
What you really need is aggregated market data, which CCP already provides via market order and history endpoints. Evernus already does what you want to create, so I can tell you it's possible to make. But, you didn't say what kind of application you want to build. Desktop? Mobile? Web?

http://evernus.com - the ultimate multiplatform EVE trade tool + nullsec Alliance Market tool

Albert Einstein Olacar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#768 - 2015-10-17 02:44:53 UTC
Pete Butcher wrote:
What you really need is aggregated market data, which CCP already provides via market order and history endpoints. Evernus already does what you want to create, so I can tell you it's possible to make. But, you didn't say what kind of application you want to build. Desktop? Mobile? Web?


Evernus doesnt do what we are doing. It will be a web based. Half the code is done now :) im excited!
Lac Neffera
Cube47
#769 - 2015-10-26 20:24:01 UTC
I found a small omission in public CREST.

When i request Market Types i get types with Market Groups and groups have Id. But when i request Market Groups itself then result have no Id.

https://public-crest.eveonline.com/market/types/
https://public-crest.eveonline.com/market/groups/

As developer i think every entity must have Key. CREST href is good enough to be unique but it have unlimited length. String like CREST href is bad Key. EVE Static Database has integer keys and Eve internal database must contains keys too. Please provide it to us. Do not make us look key inside href, create individual fields instead, like Market Types.

Please also make the keys for parent/children relationships for use as foreign keys.
Aineko Macx
#770 - 2015-10-26 20:40:42 UTC
Lac Neffera wrote:
As developer i think every entity must have Key. CREST href is good enough to be unique but it have unlimited length. String like CREST href is bad Key. EVE Static Database has integer keys and Eve internal database must contains keys too. Please provide it to us. Do not make us look key inside href, create individual fields instead, like Market Types.

Please also make the keys for parent/children relationships for use as foreign keys.

We've tried talking some sense into the FoxFour, but CCP doesn't believe in Ids in CREST. If they could, they'd un-invent the wheel...
Lac Neffera
Cube47
#771 - 2015-10-27 05:35:28 UTC
Aineko Macx wrote:
We've tried talking some sense into the FoxFour, but CCP doesn't believe in Ids in CREST. If they could, they'd un-invent the wheel...
It is important to understand for CCP what CREST works fine with HREFs and keys not needed for them. We need keys to all of us share keys and not to invent separate keys each. Now i bound an GUID id but you bound another and it is a problem. CCP must help us so we developing in favor of CCP and their $.
Pete Butcher
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#772 - 2015-10-27 06:51:45 UTC
Lac Neffera wrote:
Aineko Macx wrote:
We've tried talking some sense into the FoxFour, but CCP doesn't believe in Ids in CREST. If they could, they'd un-invent the wheel...
It is important to understand for CCP what CREST works fine with HREFs and keys not needed for them. We need keys to all of us share keys and not to invent separate keys each. Now i bound an GUID id but you bound another and it is a problem. CCP must help us so we developing in favor of CCP and their $.


Generally, fighting with current inadequate CREST design seems to be a loosing battle (I've been doing it since CREST went live). For now, just parse the hrefs for ids. Funny thing is, CCP does the same thing on their end, as someone discovered some time ago.

http://evernus.com - the ultimate multiplatform EVE trade tool + nullsec Alliance Market tool

Lac Neffera
Cube47
#773 - 2015-10-27 20:00:59 UTC
Pete Butcher wrote:
Generally, fighting with current inadequate CREST design seems to be a loosing battle (I've been doing it since CREST went live). For now, just parse the hrefs for ids. Funny thing is, CCP does the same thing on their end, as someone discovered some time ago.

I'm not here to fight. It is usage report / feature request and no more. As i know big team like ccp must have something like profit-cost system for developers. I vote from my usage and one from you to profit counter. When profit will be good enough developers will take a task.
Pete Butcher
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#774 - 2015-10-27 20:46:59 UTC
Lac Neffera wrote:
Pete Butcher wrote:
Generally, fighting with current inadequate CREST design seems to be a loosing battle (I've been doing it since CREST went live). For now, just parse the hrefs for ids. Funny thing is, CCP does the same thing on their end, as someone discovered some time ago.

I'm not here to fight. It is usage report / feature request and no more. As i know big team like ccp must have something like profit-cost system for developers. I vote from my usage and one from you to profit counter. When profit will be good enough developers will take a task.


Let's hope so. Right now it's a PITA to do something in CREST, which is not a webpage with some kind of listing of stuff.

http://evernus.com - the ultimate multiplatform EVE trade tool + nullsec Alliance Market tool

CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#775 - 2015-10-29 13:57:25 UTC
Lac Neffera wrote:
I found a small omission in public CREST.

When i request Market Types i get types with Market Groups and groups have Id. But when i request Market Groups itself then result have no Id.

https://public-crest.eveonline.com/market/types/
https://public-crest.eveonline.com/market/groups/

As developer i think every entity must have Key. CREST href is good enough to be unique but it have unlimited length. String like CREST href is bad Key. EVE Static Database has integer keys and Eve internal database must contains keys too. Please provide it to us. Do not make us look key inside href, create individual fields instead, like Market Types.

Please also make the keys for parent/children relationships for use as foreign keys.


I have gone ahead and added ID to the following resource:

  • /inventory/groups/{groupID}/
  • /inventory/groups/
  • /types/{typeID}/
  • /types/
  • /inventory/categories/{categoryID}/
  • /inventory/categories/
  • /market/types/
  • /market/types/{marketTypeID}/
  • /market/groups/
  • /market/groups/{groupID}/


If you think it should be in any other locations please let me know. This should go out whenever the next release is, not the one on Tuesday next week, to late for that.

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#776 - 2015-10-29 13:59:51 UTC
And yes this should have happened sooner. Sorry.

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#777 - 2015-10-29 17:08:57 UTC
I also got the basics of dogma into CREST today. You will be able to call /dogma/attributes/ to get a list of all dogma attributes, /dogma/attributes/{attributeID}/ to get the details for an attribute, and then a type lists all the attributes for it with their value and a link to the attribute information. Cool ****.

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

Max Kolonko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#778 - 2015-10-29 18:14:37 UTC
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#779 - 2015-10-29 18:28:10 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:
I also got the basics of dogma into CREST today. You will be able to call /dogma/attributes/ to get a list of all dogma attributes, /dogma/attributes/{attributeID}/ to get the details for an attribute, and then a type lists all the attributes for it with their value and a link to the attribute information. Cool ****.



\o/ <3 :3

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Aineko Macx
#780 - 2015-10-29 20:06:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Aineko Macx
CCP FoxFour wrote:
If you think it should be in any other locations please let me know. This should go out whenever the next release is, not the one on Tuesday next week, to late for that.

Every collection items list should be keyed by ID.

Also IDs are missing for region, constellation, solarsystem and tournament endpoints.