These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE API and Public CREST discussion

First post First post First post
Author
Max Kolonko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#561 - 2014-08-15 16:42:28 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Pic'n dor wrote:
o/ everyone,

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/upcoming-api-changes-for-industry/

I read there that the corp jobs would be accessible with factory manager role.

Is it possible since i can't access https://api.eveonline.com/Corp/IndustryJobs.xml.aspx with a character API and i get a 221 error code. (and my toon got the role factory manager by title).



Any clue ?


It still needs to be a corp key, but your character has to have that role. I think is how it works.



So a non director with factory manager can now create corp key?
CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#562 - 2014-08-15 18:09:54 UTC
Max Kolonko wrote:
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Pic'n dor wrote:
o/ everyone,

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/upcoming-api-changes-for-industry/

I read there that the corp jobs would be accessible with factory manager role.

Is it possible since i can't access https://api.eveonline.com/Corp/IndustryJobs.xml.aspx with a character API and i get a 221 error code. (and my toon got the role factory manager by title).



Any clue ?


It still needs to be a corp key, but your character has to have that role. I think is how it works.



So a non director with factory manager can now create corp key?


To be honest I didn't know they couldn't before... I have always been a director or CEO and when I suggested this no one questioned me... plus I saw code supporting it so... yea. Will dig into this more next week. Very sorry if I was so horribly wrong. :(

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

Teoshen
Transcendent Innovations Incorporated
The.Spanish.Inquisition
#563 - 2014-08-15 20:00:42 UTC
AFAIK only directors / CEOs can create corp keys at the moment. While nice, it might be a large hurdle to jump to allow regular members to create corp keys that have access based on their in game roles.

Fortunately, most corps can have the ceo/director create a corp key with access only to the one thing that is needed.
Cor'len
Doomheim
#564 - 2014-08-16 01:01:13 UTC
I certainly would love to have the ability to make corp keys corresponding to the roles I have ingame - I had to pester my CEO for weeks to get one made. And I'd really like a corp AssetList key which didn't require divulging all the secret items in the secret hangars to anyone who has it - if I could make one myself that used my roles, that problem would no longer apply.


I'd be rather surprised if you ever can do it, though. We can always hope...
Pic'n dor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#565 - 2014-08-16 08:43:52 UTC
Yes, only director can create corp key.
It's not a big deal if this feature is not available right now as said, a director can make a restricited corp key with the setup needed.

But as part of a future corp revamp, roles mixed up with corp API for non directors could be of great interest.

COUCOU TOUCHE TOUCHE

Desmont McCallock
#566 - 2014-08-17 15:32:04 UTC
Idea: Update RefTypes API endpoint.
Description: Update this endpoint to return the correct descriptions for those IDs that have a description of "Unknown". ex. refTypeID120 should return "Industry Facility Tax".
TAckermassacker
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#567 - 2014-08-18 00:26:41 UTC  |  Edited by: TAckermassacker
hiho i have a problem with some missing matches with the Alliance tournament crest endpoint:
the attribute "firstReplayFrame" and "lastReplayFrame" are not given on the matches 4, 5 and 25 (but match 25 was not played).
All other matches are not effected.
If i try to GET
http://public-crest.eveonline.com/tournaments/4/series/5/matches/0/realtime/1/
i get a 403
Quote:
{
"message": "Unknown resource",
"isLocalized": false,
"key": "noSuchFrame",
"exceptionType": "ForbiddenError"
}


First i thought maybe i am too stupid but on nullsec it is also not working
http://null-sec.com/atxii/#/match/5
i can remember it was working yesterday on nullsec.

Any ideas?
CCP Veritas
C C P
C C P Alliance
#568 - 2014-08-18 12:16:46 UTC
Hiya Mr. TAckermassacker,

Particularly large replays don't insert nicely into the DB, as matches 4, 5 and 8 were, so they will be missing until I bother to have one of our DBAs plunk them in. Until then they'll be missing from CREST.

25 will be missing forever as it wasn't played.

~Veritas

CCP Veritas - Technical Director - EVE Online

TAckermassacker
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#569 - 2014-08-18 15:23:17 UTC
CCP Veritas wrote:
Hiya Mr. TAckermassacker,

Particularly large replays don't insert nicely into the DB, as matches 4, 5 and 8 were, so they will be missing until I bother to have one of our DBAs plunk them in. Until then they'll be missing from CREST.

25 will be missing forever as it wasn't played.

~Veritas


http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/44014946.jpg
CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#570 - 2014-08-18 16:59:07 UTC
Brief update guys:

I have updated Sisi with the following changes:

  • Fix for the probability of the 4 job endpoints.
  • Fix for the corp job endpoints having incorrect cache timers.
  • Added corporation name to the employment history of eve/CharacterInfo


The cache has been cleared as well. Let me know if you encounter any problems.

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

Desmont McCallock
#571 - 2014-08-18 18:12:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Desmont McCallock
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Brief update guys:

I have updated Sisi with the following changes:

  • Fix for the probability of the 4 job endpoints.
  • Fix for the corp job endpoints having incorrect cache timers.
  • Added corporation name to the employment history of eve/CharacterInfo


The cache has been cleared as well. Let me know if you encounter any problems.

Probability is fixed but productTypeID for Invention or Reverse Engineering is still not returned.
http://pastebin.com/V2XWY48V
Alt Two
Caldari Capital Construction Inc.
#572 - 2014-08-18 21:40:10 UTC
I ran in to an error on the public CREST for ATXII

https://public-crest.eveonline.com/tournaments/4/ says team 103 is CODE.
Quote:
{"teamStats": {"href": "https://public-crest.eveonline.com/tournaments/4/teams/103/"}, "href": "https://public-crest.eveonline.com/tournaments/teams/103/", "name": "CODE."}


However, trying to get team info or stats results in
https://public-crest.eveonline.com/tournaments/teams/103/
Quote:
{"message": "Failed to parse response with provided accept type: application/vnd.ccp.eve.TournamentTeam-v1+json error Uri (application/vnd.ccp.eve.TournamentTeam-v1+json path:'pilots.0.href') route /characters/0/ did not match handler(s) ['Character']", "key": "badServerContent", "exceptionType": "UnsupportedMediaTypeError"}


https://public-crest.eveonline.com/tournaments/4/teams/103/
Quote:
{"message": "Failed to parse response with provided accept type: application/vnd.ccp.eve.TournamentTeam-v1+json error Uri (application/vnd.ccp.eve.TournamentTeam-v1+json path:'pilots.0.href') route /characters/0/ did not match handler(s) ['Character']", "key": "badServerContent", "exceptionType": "UnsupportedMediaTypeError"}


Not that anyone cares for CODE, but it would be nice to have it fixed just for consistency :)
Cat Harkness
Twilight Labs
The Serenity Initiative
#573 - 2014-08-18 21:42:22 UTC
Since the CODE match did not happen, that might be why you get an error.

Cat Harkness

CEO

Twilight Labs

TAckermassacker
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#574 - 2014-08-18 21:54:19 UTC  |  Edited by: TAckermassacker
CCP Veritas wrote:
Hiya Mr. TAckermassacker,

Particularly large replays don't insert nicely into the DB, as matches 4, 5 and 8 were, so they will be missing until I bother to have one of our DBAs plunk them in. Until then they'll be missing from CREST.

25 will be missing forever as it wasn't played.

~Veritas


hi ccp Veritas
i am currently fetching all match data from crest and found that series 15 (Noir. Mercenary Group vs SCUM.) is working.
http://public-crest.eveonline.com/tournaments/4/series/17/matches/0/realtime/651/ is working until the end.
This match was also heavy overtime (822 "frames")
Alt Two
Caldari Capital Construction Inc.
#575 - 2014-08-18 21:58:17 UTC
Cat Harkness wrote:
Since the CODE match did not happen, that might be why you get an error.

Yeah that might be it. But the team stats for RvB load without issues though.
CCP Veritas
C C P
C C P Alliance
#576 - 2014-08-19 09:48:35 UTC
TAckermassacker wrote:
hi ccp Veritas
i am currently fetching all match data from crest and found that series 15 (Noir. Mercenary Group vs SCUM.) is working.
http://public-crest.eveonline.com/tournaments/4/series/17/matches/0/realtime/651/ is working until the end.
This match was also heavy overtime (822 "frames")

After compression that match was only the 9th largest of the weekend.

CCP Veritas - Technical Director - EVE Online

brammator
SUB ZERO.
#577 - 2014-08-20 18:59:15 UTC
Idea: add labels to standings endpoint (both char and corp)
Because it would be very useful for coalitions/sides marking
Paul Tsukaya
Doomheim
#578 - 2014-08-25 15:12:11 UTC
Idea: Allow us to get information about Loyalty Point stores.
Description: Currently when a new item, such as the Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier, is imported into Loyalty Point stores, importing information regarding it's cost and what stores it's available in into your third party app is a manual and labor intensive process.

As a result sites like Fuzzworks have inaccurate costs of some items, while other items are missing completely. A CREST endpoint would allow us to remove human error and labor from maintaining these apps.
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#579 - 2014-08-25 15:16:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Sable Blitzmann
Paul Tsukaya wrote:
Idea: Allow us to get information about Loyalty Point stores.
Description: Currently when a new item, such as the Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier, is imported into Loyalty Point stores, importing information regarding it's cost and what stores it's available in into your third party app is a manual and labor intensive process.

As a result sites like Fuzzworks have inaccurate costs of some items, while other items are missing completely. A CREST endpoint would allow us to remove human error and labor from maintaining these apps.


I support this idea. Flying around to stations and manually checking to find out if stores have changed or not is a huge headache for projects like lpDatabase (or put it in the SDE pwease)

EDIT: At the very least allow us to copy the LP Store table (like dscan and others) so that we can copy / paste stores. That would be greatly beneficial.
John Euler
#580 - 2014-08-27 01:23:23 UTC
Could somebody please point out the documentation of CREST? Anything would be better than nothing. So far I've found 22 pages on neweden-dev.com and all of them seem to cover the XML API instead.. Thanks in advance.