These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE API and Public CREST discussion

First post First post First post
Author
Ideki
E.A.D Alliance
#361 - 2014-05-16 22:57:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Ideki
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Yea, doesn't make much sense but it's how the data is stored in the DB. /me shrugs


K, any chance you can fix the stored products per structure ?


Also, is there any api to get a planet tax rate ?
CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#362 - 2014-05-19 08:18:38 UTC
Ideki wrote:
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Yea, doesn't make much sense but it's how the data is stored in the DB. /me shrugs


K, any chance you can fix the stored products per structure ?


Also, is there any api to get a planet tax rate ?


To be honest I will be lucky if I can look at the PI stuff again until August. Have stuff for the Kronos release to do, then stuff for the July industry release, and then I am on vacation for a month. :(

I will try however.

Also, no on the tax rate. I would basically mean we would have to give out who owns every POCO in the game, where they are, what the tax rates are, and other information. At this time thats just not happening.

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#363 - 2014-05-19 12:58:02 UTC
Will let you guys know for sure when it is deployed, probably during Tuesday the 20th of May downtime but no promises, but the following change is about to go out:

  • Cache time on char/CharacterSheet reduced from 6 hours to 1
  • Fix for char/PlanetaryPins having incorrect columns listed


Again, hope for tomorrow but will let you know for sure when out.

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

Max Kolonko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#364 - 2014-05-19 15:40:21 UTC
[quote=CCP FoxFour]Will let you guys know for sure when it is deployed, probably during Tuesday the 20th of May downtime but no promises, but the following change is about to go out:

  • Cache time on char/CharacterSheet reduced from 6 hours to 1
  • Fix for char/PlanetaryPins having incorrect columns listed


Again, hope for tomorrow but will let you know for sure when out.[/quote]


Wasnt that suposed to be corp/members? Or is it unrelated to the change i proposed in other thread?
CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#365 - 2014-05-19 15:46:31 UTC
Max Kolonko wrote:
[quote=CCP FoxFour]Will let you guys know for sure when it is deployed, probably during Tuesday the 20th of May downtime but no promises, but the following change is about to go out:

  • Cache time on char/CharacterSheet reduced from 6 hours to 1
  • Fix for char/PlanetaryPins having incorrect columns listed


Again, hope for tomorrow but will let you know for sure when out.



Wasnt that suposed to be corp/members? Or is it unrelated to the change i proposed in other thread?[/quote]

Unrelated. This is something people have been asking for a fair while before I ever saw your request.

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

Max Kolonko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#366 - 2014-05-19 16:16:43 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Max Kolonko wrote:
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Will let you guys know for sure when it is deployed, probably during Tuesday the 20th of May downtime but no promises, but the following change is about to go out:

  • Cache time on char/CharacterSheet reduced from 6 hours to 1
  • Fix for char/PlanetaryPins having incorrect columns listed


Again, hope for tomorrow but will let you know for sure when out.



Wasnt that suposed to be corp/members? Or is it unrelated to the change i proposed in other thread?


Unrelated. This is something people have been asking for a fair while before I ever saw your request.


How about I buy You a beer on next fanfest and You can somehow sneak the corp/members change with that patch :D jk ofc (not about beer, You will get it anyway)
Ideki
E.A.D Alliance
#367 - 2014-05-20 01:00:42 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Ideki wrote:
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Yea, doesn't make much sense but it's how the data is stored in the DB. /me shrugs


K, any chance you can fix the stored products per structure ?


Also, is there any api to get a planet tax rate ?


To be honest I will be lucky if I can look at the PI stuff again until August. Have stuff for the Kronos release to do, then stuff for the July industry release, and then I am on vacation for a month. :(

I will try however.

Also, no on the tax rate. I would basically mean we would have to give out who owns every POCO in the game, where they are, what the tax rates are, and other information. At this time thats just not happening.


I understand priorities.
Do your best, and when you have time, just remember us PI players Blink
CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#368 - 2014-05-20 10:21:58 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Will let you guys know for sure when it is deployed, probably during Tuesday the 20th of May downtime but no promises, but the following change is about to go out:

  • Cache time on char/CharacterSheet reduced from 6 hours to 1
  • Fix for char/PlanetaryPins having incorrect columns listed


Again, hope for tomorrow but will let you know for sure when out.


This has now been deployed. If you have any problems please let me know. :)

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

Ideki
E.A.D Alliance
#369 - 2014-05-20 12:32:58 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Will let you guys know for sure when it is deployed, probably during Tuesday the 20th of May downtime but no promises, but the following change is about to go out:

  • Cache time on char/CharacterSheet reduced from 6 hours to 1
  • Fix for char/PlanetaryPins having incorrect columns listed


Again, hope for tomorrow but will let you know for sure when out.


This has now been deployed. If you have any problems please let me know. :)



Hum...
What did you fix exactly for the PI ?
Because I do not see anything different in the data.
Calvin
Tritanium Forge Industries
#370 - 2014-05-20 12:52:40 UTC
Proposal: Parity between in-game map and available API data for system statistics.

Issue: Currently there are more system statistics available in the in-game map than through the API's. Of particular note are the following statistics missing from the API's:

Players in space
Players docked & active
Cyno fields

Resolution: Adding API's for these would allow for parity between the data available on the in-game map and what's available to the EVE community as a whole (Dotlan! want you to jump on this if it happens!) Would also make my own personal data mining that much more interesting too ;-)

Side note: Any chance of getting separate counters for incoming and outgoing jumps? It is a royal pain in the rear to infer these numbers with just the raw jumps data.

Thankyee!

- Calvin
CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#371 - 2014-05-20 12:55:00 UTC
Calvin wrote:
Proposal: Parity between in-game map and available API data for system statistics.

Issue: Currently there are more system statistics available in the in-game map than through the API's. Of particular note are the following statistics missing from the API's:

Players in space
Players docked & active
Cyno fields

Resolution: Adding API's for these would allow for parity between the data available on the in-game map and what's available to the EVE community as a whole (Dotlan! want you to jump on this if it happens!) Would also make my own personal data mining that much more interesting too ;-)

Side note: Any chance of getting separate counters for incoming and outgoing jumps? It is a royal pain in the rear to infer these numbers with just the raw jumps data.

Thankyee!

- Calvin


Getting parity in the stats is one of the things on my list to do but I will probably focus on getting them all into public CREST instead of the EVE API.

As for different numbers for incoming vs outgoing, no not at this time.

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

Ideki
E.A.D Alliance
#372 - 2014-05-21 12:18:41 UTC
FoxFour, can you tell me what you fixed in the PI API?
Because I do not see anything different at the moment.
CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#373 - 2014-05-21 12:22:55 UTC
Ideki wrote:
FoxFour, can you tell me what you fixed in the PI API?
Because I do not see anything different at the moment.


The columns for planetary pins endpoint contained headRadius and was lacking lat and lon. I removed headRadius from it and added the lat and lon columns to the rowset.

Before:

rowset name="pins" key="pinID" columns="pinID,typeID,typeName,schematicID,lastLaunchTime,cycleTime,quantityPerCycle,installTime,expiryTime,headRadius,contentTypeID,contentTypeName,contentQuantity"

After:

rowset name="pins" key="pinID" columns="pinID,typeID,typeName,schematicID,lastLaunchTime,cycleTime,quantityPerCycle,installTime,expiryTime,contentTypeID,contentTypeName,contentQuantity,longitude,latitude"

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

Ideki
E.A.D Alliance
#374 - 2014-05-21 13:09:19 UTC
k.

But no fix to the stored products ?
Because I think that it actually more important that lat and lon.
Just my opinion of course :)

Actually is it even possible to fix the API to get the correct list of installed/stored products ?
Quintessen
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#375 - 2014-05-21 14:54:52 UTC
A little off-topic, but how do you even get to the CREST system currently? I've looked over the years and kept seeing it as not being quite available, but with everyone talking about how you use it, I'm presuming it's up and running for at least some things.
Rob Crowley
State War Academy
#376 - 2014-05-21 17:28:50 UTC
Quintessen wrote:
A little off-topic, but how do you even get to the CREST system currently? I've looked over the years and kept seeing it as not being quite available, but with everyone talking about how you use it, I'm presuming it's up and running for at least some things.

Public CREST is available here: http://public-crest.eveonline.com
Info on the currently working endpoints is here: https://neweden-dev.com/Category:CREST
Though at least one thing is missing on that list: /tournaments/
CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#377 - 2014-05-21 18:49:19 UTC
Ideki wrote:
k.

But no fix to the stored products ?
Because I think that it actually more important that lat and lon.
Just my opinion of course :)

Actually is it even possible to fix the API to get the correct list of installed/stored products ?


This however took like 10 seconds to do and the products problem is an unkown thing right now... so yea. :P

As the PI stuff is a defect though it is at the top of my list to look at.

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

Ideki
E.A.D Alliance
#378 - 2014-05-21 19:05:53 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Ideki wrote:
k.

But no fix to the stored products ?
Because I think that it actually more important that lat and lon.
Just my opinion of course :)

Actually is it even possible to fix the API to get the correct list of installed/stored products ?


This however took like 10 seconds to do and the products problem is an unkown thing right now... so yea. :P

As the PI stuff is a defect though it is at the top of my list to look at.


I like top of the list :)
CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#379 - 2014-05-23 11:16:39 UTC
Hey guys,

I have something ready that I just put on Sisi for testing. I have asked that the API keys site for Sisi be opened up here: https://community.testeveonline.com/support/api-key

If you generate a corp key, with the asset list access mask, and are a director or CEO, and have POCOs belonging to your corp, you should now have results here: http://api.testeveonline.com/corp/CustomsOffices.xml.aspx?keyID=XXXX&vCode=XXXX&characterID=XXXX

Give it some testing for me and let me know if there are any problems.

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

Ideki
E.A.D Alliance
#380 - 2014-05-23 12:45:18 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Hey guys,

I have something ready that I just put on Sisi for testing. I have asked that the API keys site for Sisi be opened up here: https://community.testeveonline.com/support/api-key

If you generate a corp key, with the asset list access mask, and are a director or CEO, and have POCOs belonging to your corp, you should now have results here: http://api.testeveonline.com/corp/CustomsOffices.xml.aspx?keyID=XXXX&vCode=XXXX&characterID=XXXX

Give it some testing for me and let me know if there are any problems.


Would love to help you, but I am not director/CEO of my corp, and anyway my corp is basically dead at the moment.
I am the only one that login. What?
Sorry. Sad