These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

An old lost exodus feature.. comet mining

First post
Author
Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#281 - 2016-03-11 20:48:06 UTC
I got nothing to add except that I like it.
+1

View real-time damage statistics in-game

>EVE Live DPS Graph application forum thread

>iciclesoft.com

Freelancer117
So you want to be a Hero
#282 - 2016-03-13 21:41:30 UTC
Hope to hear a(ny) thing about it during fanfest Cool

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

Joe Risalo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#283 - 2016-03-13 22:44:43 UTC
I think the ring mining still hold merit as well as the comets.

Originally, the idea was to have ice, roids, and moon goo scattered throughout the rings.

An entire planet surrounded by an asteroid belt, in which skilled pilots could hunt out the moon goo and Ice.

I would like to see both ideas revisited.
Pookoko
Sigma Sagittarii Inc.
#284 - 2016-03-14 07:37:33 UTC
it is sad that this great idea has been abandoned for so long, and that it's already been nearly 2 years since DaReaper brought it up again here. Nothing new to add from me, except that I support this idea!
Shalmon Aliatus
Bluestar Enterprises
The Craftsmen
#285 - 2016-03-14 12:20:01 UTC
About the comet speed:

Either you assume that the mining ships can keep up with the comet and your ship only has a relative speed to the grid (like they do at the moment, because you can stay next to a planet at the moment, right ? (ok planets don't move at the moment, but you know they do, otherwise they would really quick add to the mass of the sun and crash your PI ^^ )), in which case you do mining at a comet site with whatever effects CCP decides to bring to you (pirates, gas explosions, dust lowering targeting range, ...)

OR

CCP decides that the comets move at whatever speed, in which case you have to chase them with your mining ship. Given the fact that the average mining ship is really slow, you either have to create a new mining ship for comet mining that can keep up with the comet or move the comet at a really slow speed.

My suggestion is, that you make a new module for industrial command ships that anchors the surrounding ships at the comet (think of it like a bastion module). Maybe requires some fuel to keep up to the comet.

The module should have a radius in which the ships are anchored to the roid (maybe bigger radius for the rorqual) but can still move , everything leaving the radius will see the anchored ships flying away at comet speed.
Ben Zaye
Harakiri Cleaning services
#286 - 2016-03-14 13:44:50 UTC
+1 for OP

Very good idea.
Blackfeathers
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#287 - 2016-03-15 06:05:21 UTC
Very very cool idea.