These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev Blog: Reprocess all the things!

First post First post First post
Author
Sgt Ocker
What Corp is it
#2081 - 2014-06-20 08:24:31 UTC
marly cortez wrote:
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Janine Ibanez wrote:
Right now the ore compression BPOs each require the corresponding ore reprocessing skill to level 4 to use the BPO in a rorqual.

Currently, you don't need any refining or reprocessing skills to do ore compression, just some 425mm BPOs and production efficiency level 5.

Will the ore reprocessing skill requirements be going away to use the compression arrays along with the compression BPOs, or will anyone planning to do compression also have to train the relevant ore reprocessing skills?


We're not planning on having skills to be able to compress ores in the Rorqual / Starbase Compression Arrays so far. Just right-click the ore and get bacon. Again, this may change depending on time / feedback though.


Thank you CCP for that crumb, after all the training done so far. But what concerns a lot of us is the in coming kick in the nuts for Rorquals for this minor upgrade long overdue, why would a utility industrial like this need greater defense/offence capabilities, is it CCP's intention to force them outside the PoS shields to be of any value to miners, if so whats the point of the ship at all, players will just take the hit, reprocess those they cannot get some mug to buy and then use that other mining nightmare the Orca, at least that is not such an isk hit daily to have it blown up is it.

Oh I forgot, the various nerfs to Null sec industry meaning few if any Orcas will be produced up there, guess few if any of them will survive the trip from Hisec anyway so no matter. and these are improvements.???

I'm curious as to whether the Rorqual will need to be deployed to compress as it does now or will it be as simple as, Right Click, Compress?

My opinions are mine.

  If you don't like them or disagree with me that's OK.- - - - - - Just don't bother Hating - I don't care

It really is getting harder and harder to justify $23 a month for each sub.

Darkblad
Doomheim
#2082 - 2014-06-20 08:50:48 UTC
The Rorqual requires the industrial core to be active to compress. Once active you can compress ore within cargo hold, fleet and ore hangar

NPEISDRIP

Bobby Artrald
Capitalist Pigs Inc.
#2083 - 2014-06-23 21:14:37 UTC
Querns wrote:
PROPOSITION TWO: Eliminate siege requirement for rorquals to provide maximum bonuses. The benefits would be similar to proposition one.


Oh god, no more siege on the rorq for full bonuses. That'd be so hot.
Please do this CCP
Lorna Sicling
Eire Engineers
Northern Coalition.
#2084 - 2014-06-26 18:24:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Lorna Sicling
OK, so when I reprocessed some stuff on Sisi today, I got the following figures:

Reprocessing Array: 100 units of Veldspar = 215 Tritanium, i.e. 716 Trit per 333 units refined
Intensive Reprocessing Array: 100 units of Veldspar = 224 Tritanium, i.e. 746 Trit per 333 units refined
Level 1 upgraded Minmatar Outpost: 100 units of Veldspar = 313 Tritanium, i.e. 1042 Trit per 333 units refined

My skills are Refining 5, Refining Efficiency 5 and Veldspar Processing 4, and I had the 4% implant plugged in.

My question is, why are the reprocessing arrays so far away from the outpost? Is this what we can expect on TQ when it goes live, or is it just a Sisi bug that will be fixed before release date?

Industrialist - currently renting in null sec.

Writer of the blog "A Scientist's Life in Eve" - proud member of the Eve Blog Pack

Darkblad
Doomheim
#2085 - 2014-06-26 19:27:41 UTC
Lorna Sicling wrote:
OK, so when I reprocessed some stuff on Sisi today, I got the following figures:

Reprocessing Array: 100 units of Veldspar = 215 Tritanium, i.e. 716 Trit per 333 units refined
Intensive Reprocessing Array: 100 units of Veldspar = 224 Tritanium, i.e. 746 Trit per 333 units refined
Level 1 upgraded Minmatar Outpost: 100 units of Veldspar = 313 Tritanium, i.e. 1042 Trit per 333 units refined

My skills are Refining 5, Refining Efficiency 5 and Veldspar Processing 4, and I had the 4% implant plugged in.

My question is, why are the reprocessing arrays so far away from the outpost? Is this what we can expect on TQ when it goes live, or is it just a Sisi bug that will be fixed before release date?

Trit in Veldspar before Reprocessing (i.e. new 100%); 415

Your yield:

Standard Array: 51,8% - around 52%
Intensive Array: 53,9% - around 54%
Tier 1 Minmatar Outpost: 75,4% - around 75,3% Cool

It appears like skills (and implant) bonus doesn't get applied for Reprocessing arrays, as your yield is what their base yield is.
The yield at the Tier 1 Minmatar Outpost is like expected

0,53 x 1,15 x 1,1 x 1,08 x 1,04 = 75,3%

CCP Ytterbium posted just today that Minmatar Outpost Base yield increase per tier just got changed again - makin 53% the base yield for Tier 1:
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
Latest plan is:

  • Default outpost gives 50%, Minmatar gives 52% reprocessing rates on everything.
  • Upgrades on non-Minmatar outposts give extra ore and ice reprocessing yield, up to 52%, 54% and 57%
  • Upgrades on Minmatar outposts give extra ore and ice reprocessing yield, up to 53%, 56% and 60%



NPEISDRIP

Lorna Sicling
Eire Engineers
Northern Coalition.
#2086 - 2014-06-26 19:35:38 UTC
Yep, so it is just that the skills aren't being applied, and after trawling through lots more posts, it seems that CCP want to make skills apply to the arrays, but they're not sure whether this will be with the update, or follow afterwards.

The concern here is that CCP haven't been clear whether this will then take the 54% base yield upwards to a theoretical maximum of 78.15% with the 4% implant, or whether they'll nerf the base rate so that you can achieve 54% once you've factored in the skills and implant.

Hopefully it will be the former and not nerfing, but the main thing here is that without skills and implants affecting the efficiency of the reprocessing arrays from the start, they're basically useless.

CCP - any comment on which it will be (affecting upwards or nerf base rate) please?

Industrialist - currently renting in null sec.

Writer of the blog "A Scientist's Life in Eve" - proud member of the Eve Blog Pack

Tyranis Marcus
Bloody Heathens
#2087 - 2014-06-27 10:29:23 UTC
The scrapmetal nerf is a pay cut to missioners, ratters and plexers. They'll have less income to spend on things built from mins. Is there a plan to up bounties / mission payouts to compensate for that?

Do not run. We are your friends.

Retar Aveymone
DJ's Retirement Fund
Goonswarm Federation
#2088 - 2014-06-27 16:13:03 UTC
Lorna Sicling wrote:
Yep, so it is just that the skills aren't being applied, and after trawling through lots more posts, it seems that CCP want to make skills apply to the arrays, but they're not sure whether this will be with the update, or follow afterwards.

The concern here is that CCP haven't been clear whether this will then take the 54% base yield upwards to a theoretical maximum of 78.15% with the 4% implant, or whether they'll nerf the base rate so that you can achieve 54% once you've factored in the skills and implant.

Hopefully it will be the former and not nerfing, but the main thing here is that without skills and implants affecting the efficiency of the reprocessing arrays from the start, they're basically useless.

CCP - any comment on which it will be (affecting upwards or nerf base rate) please?

It's the former. They've been very clear on that.
Tyranis Marcus
Bloody Heathens
#2089 - 2014-06-28 08:34:52 UTC
Please don't use the word reprocessing to describe refining. There's enough stupidity in the world, already. There's no need to add more. :(

Do not run. We are your friends.

Mavis O'Day
Total.
#2090 - 2014-06-29 12:03:20 UTC
Another nerf to looting our rat wrecks...
Omega Tron
Edge Dancers
Pan-Intergalatic Business Community
#2091 - 2014-06-30 17:19:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Omega Tron
Yesterday I was finally able to get the client update from SINGULARITY. From what I could determine my ore refining will be dropped from 100% in most of the 10.0 standing NPC stations Tash-Murkon to 70% or less. This seems to me to be a pretty big nerf hammer. My ore refining is all up to level 5 and refining upgrades are 5's also. So what's left that will make up for this 30% drop?

CCP's sand box is EVE Online.  The sand is owned by CCP.  We pay them a monthly fee to throw the sand at each other.  That is all that is here, so move along. Nothing more to be seen.

Darkblad
Doomheim
#2092 - 2014-06-30 17:46:00 UTC
Omega Tron wrote:
Yesterday I was finally able to get the client update from SINGULARITY. From what I could determine my ore refining will be dropped from 100% in most of the 10.0 standing NPC stations Tash-Murkon to 70% or less. This seems to me to be a pretty big nerf hammer. My ore refining is all up to level 5 and refining upgrades are 5's also. So what's left that will make up for this 30% drop?
Do you refer to the 70%ish value stated in the reprocessing window? If so, please read the reprocessing devblog again.

NPEISDRIP

Kenneth Feld
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#2093 - 2014-06-30 19:15:25 UTC
Omega Tron wrote:
Yesterday I was finally able to get the client update from SINGULARITY. From what I could determine my ore refining will be dropped from 100% in most of the 10.0 standing NPC stations Tash-Murkon to 70% or less. This seems to me to be a pretty big nerf hammer. My ore refining is all up to level 5 and refining upgrades are 5's also. So what's left that will make up for this 30% drop?



There should be a signature requirement that you have read and understand the devblog before you are allowed to post saying you found an action that is EXACTLY as the dev blog described

Congratulations, you have won eve
Omega Tron
Edge Dancers
Pan-Intergalatic Business Community
#2094 - 2014-07-01 12:45:48 UTC
Well it seems that I have been properly chastised for not understanding the meaning of the DEV BLOG that describes this reduction. Thank you for pointing me back to it.

CCP's sand box is EVE Online.  The sand is owned by CCP.  We pay them a monthly fee to throw the sand at each other.  That is all that is here, so move along. Nothing more to be seen.

Darkblad
Doomheim
#2095 - 2014-07-01 12:53:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkblad
Omega Tron wrote:
Well it seems that I have been properly chastised for not understanding the meaning of the DEV BLOG that describes this reduction. Thank you for pointing me back to it.
You can see the percentages of reprocessing yield compared to Kronos in this sheet. create a google drive copy for yourself to change base yield, skills and implants.

EDIT: The high percentages at Bistot and Crokite are due to them getting added more minerals. Arkonor gets Mexallon (currently has none), therefore I left Mexallon for Arkonor out in the sheet.

NPEISDRIP

Omega Tron
Edge Dancers
Pan-Intergalatic Business Community
#2096 - 2014-07-01 13:18:10 UTC
Darkblad wrote:
Omega Tron wrote:
Well it seems that I have been properly chastised for not understanding the meaning of the DEV BLOG that describes this reduction. Thank you for pointing me back to it.
You can see the percentages of reprocessing yield compared to Kronos in this sheet. create a google drive copy for yourself to change base yield, skills and implants.

EDIT: The high percentages at Bistot and Crokite are due to them getting added more minerals. Arkonor gets Mexallon (currently has none), therefore I left Mexallon for Arkonor out in the sheet.



You have done an excellent presentation, at least for me, with your spreadsheet work. Thank you.

CCP's sand box is EVE Online.  The sand is owned by CCP.  We pay them a monthly fee to throw the sand at each other.  That is all that is here, so move along. Nothing more to be seen.

Mole Guy
Imperium Technologies
Dracarys.
#2097 - 2014-07-03 19:46:46 UTC
i dont know if this was mentioned, but on the new compression chart, the new volume for compressed mercoxit isnt listed.

all the others have a before size and after size.

also, on the gas compression.....yeeeah! that would be awesome.
would make wh life SO much easier.
and drug lab crapola.

jump the rorqual over, drop the prospects to gather it, jump back, compress and run into jita via DST or something.
Shahai Shintaro
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#2098 - 2014-07-08 19:54:56 UTC
Is there any chance the prereqs will go away or be reduced for scrapmetal precessing? As refining efficiency no longer effects it, it doesn't make sense as a prereq.
Gulmuk
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2099 - 2014-07-12 16:03:40 UTC
CCP Logibro wrote:
Dis gone be good. Seriously though industrialists everywhere rejoice.


You mean industrialists everywhere BUT HIGHSEC rejoice, because you are screwing us over!!! Why must I still take a loss on mins if I train everything to max? Why can't I get a perfect refine if I have input the time and resources to train my character for this task?

Ya know I just came back to this game after a 2 year hiatus.. I have been keeping up with the game and keeping accounts active to train, but after this, it's plain to see that nullsec mega alliances have taken over this game, and are destined to say F**K YOU to anyone in highsec.

I say fix the POS refineries, but DONT touch the station refineries. This is stupid doing an overhaul of the entire system. I have done the math and not only can I not get to 100% refine, but you also have not improved the quaintities from the new batch sizes to keep that equal. We are losing roughly 10% of the minerals in that change alone. Then you are going to go and screw us again by basically telling all high sec miners that you can't make the same isk you did before without MAJOR investments in resources??


This is bullshit CCP and you know it!!!
Gulmuk
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2100 - 2014-07-12 16:20:33 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
CYCLOPS12 wrote:
Darth Felin wrote:
IMHO you should reimburse Refining and Refining Efficiency skills in that case as I trained them to reprocess my loot but know they are useless for it and it is seems they still will be needed for training of Scrapmetal Processing that make situation much worse.


AGREED! I trained refining and refining efficiency to level 5 many years ago never dreaming that CCP would screw-up (nerf) these skills. I play in high sec and refine low value modules for the minerals. I am both a mission runner and part time industry guy using the minerals from loot to build T1 stuff. This patch is just awful for both professions. I had a 99.5% module refine rate (no scrap-metal processing).

Really, why nerf a working system that has been in place for countless years? This awful change won't push me to null space, it's more boring there than people realize. If you want to keep me playing (paying for) EVE, I must receive compensated for the time lost/wasted training refining/reprocessing skills that are being stripped of their value.



On this matter, I am against the change of calling the act of REFINING to reprocessing. REPROCESSING is what you do with modules when turning them into something else like minerals. Refining is when you separate different types of mins to create a more pure product.

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal.